Need help editing the XML files to make a flat world

Viktoriusiii

Hey.

I would have posted it in the "mod" section... but since there were only finished mods and its not a tutorial so i didnt think it would fit... I post it here were more people are likely to help.

I want to create a completly flat world. Like... 1 block height difference is too much. Because i want to start a "tower defense" playthrough and flattening a large enough area in a normal world takes days and im not willing to do so... :D

So my question is:

I know that pre A16 you could edit the min/max height of the map in the xml files by simply chaning a value to 0,0.

But i have looked all over, and i can't for the life of me find any values that describe maphight. Biomes and stuff yes... but no overall mapheight.

Any ideas how to do this?

Since this is a question about modding, we are going to stick it in the mod section. That's for asking questions about modding too. You are more likely to get the help over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, pretty sure Tin's done a flat world mod already around here somewhere.

Try doing this:

1- Open rwgmixer.xml file with some text editor (e.g. Notepad++).

2- Search for <module name="scaleBiasOutput" type="ScaleBiasOutput">.

3- In scale changes the 182 value to a value between 30-50.

<module name="scaleBiasOutput" type="ScaleBiasOutput">
	<property name="sourceModule" value="finalLand"/>
	<property name="scale" value="[color="#FFFF00"]182[/color]"/>
</module>

Setting scalebiasoutput to a value between 30-50 will create a flat-ish world, but not a perfectly flat one. I -believe- setting it to 1 will make the world perfectly flat, but I have heard that it messes with hubrules in some fashion. Cities don't spawn for some reason, so if you plan to use the hubrules in some other manner you may need to test around to see what happens.

the scalebiasoutput

makes the world nice and flat... BUT it creates a lot of radioactive land like... i have 1-2 chunks of nice world and then the radiationzone starts o_o

okay had nothing to do with maphight but with messing with the placement of biomes oups :D

but there is no real guide so yea... sry :D

• 4 weeks later...

I mod myself like with this:

<module name="fastMountainsBase" type="FastRidgedMultifractal">

<property name="frequency" value="0.00001"/>

</module>

<module name="fastMountainsT" type="FastTurbulence">

<property name="sourceModule" value="fastMountainsBase"/>

<property name="power" value="1"/>

<property name="frequency" value="0.00001"/>

<property name="roughness" value="1"/>

</module>

<module name="fastMountainsScaled" type="ScaleBiasOutput">

<property name="sourceModule" value="fastMountainsT"/>

<property name="scale" value="0.00001"/>

</module>

& so the world is flat but not 100%, still have some big bumps/hollows for some prefab place & must know the game don't allow a value like 0 (but I didn't test yet for all different value).

But with any mod to have a flat world at 100%, is a little useless cause the game is like it eat very much memory like it save each block form (something like that), I will explain like this:

- If you do a flat place by removing 1 block & you replace on it example with snow, this snow will take the same form like all blocks you just remove previously, so a example to understand well what I said, if you remove a block who have a form letter A & you replace it with a block who have form letter Z, this Z will turn into form A! & of course I talk about all type block ground & not about block square.

Again, if you destroy a big mountain 100m x 100m x 100m & you wil replace any blocks ground at the same place, the mountain will be the same... This is like that since +/-a13 & with a16.4 it's seem always like that but I didn't test again by destroy a big mountain but just some bumps...

& so the best way to don't have this problem "memory form ground", it's to destroy 2 blocks elevation...

If not, someone mod a .dll to can create a flat world but I don't find it anymore, maybe a thread deleted...

Archived