Struggling to get forward

Un-BeatabIe

Hello, my first hours are probably like everyone else first hours in the game. I started on a random map because in my opinion it can be a more realistic experience. Oh I was wrong. I made my way to the first trader but his store was closed and what I did not know at this time he's only opening his store from 6:00 to 22:00 o clock. I wanted to grab something near the door and actually tried to open the door and I glitched arround more than once and I was thinking damn this rgw is buggy. A dog killed me then. Ok, I tried again. Still excited about a rgw I created a new one. My biggest problem is food, water and first aid kits. Can it be even worse ? :upset: Next try I died, next try I... Ok, after 10 hours Day 1 I decided to start in Navezgane. I stardet in the desert and what can I say? I WAS IN A PARADISE. Unlimited Yucca Plants, drank water from a river and tried to figure out a good way to drink from the river and craft Goldrutentea with water bottles. I decided to take a walk to the snow biome because I can grab some snow there to keep my water supply on a good amount. It was a long walk, a little TOO long. Guess what happend.:miserable: Next try I openend the map and figured out where I was and actually managed to get to pop'n pills. It's close to the desert. I kinda disrespect the Zombies that's why I ended up with 9 hp. Now I wanna nicely ask if you can help a noob. Can you give me good tips ? I atleast don't wanna die in the first 30 days or less but.. I'm struggeling and don't know what do :upset:

My tip would be just to simply play the game more.

I know it's a rubbish tip and isn't likely to get a conversation rolling, but at the end of the day, the best way to learn something is through self perseverance and not giving up.

Give it some time. Won't be long before you're back here talking about how easy the game is...

I mean, you're "Un-Beatable" aren't you!?

This is just how I start playing the game. So just take this as a suggestion and possibly come up with your own style, but this is how I start most my games. That is until they update how it works.

From the time you start, until 22:00 on day 1. Gather 1,000 wood, 400-600 stone, and 700 plant fibers. This sounds insane but it's really not that hard. Here is how to go about it.

Don't worry so much about the stone. That is easier to get than most think. But get wood and wonder around looking for a point of interest (POI) of any kind. Complete your quests up to the wooden club. Once you get to the wooden club craft 16 at a time (this will take 10 wood each time it creates one). Keep gathering wood, plant fibers and feathers. When your first set of clubs are done, scrap them (you will get 7 wood back). Always keep the best club for those times you come in counter with a zombie. And you guessed it, craft up 16 more clubs after you finish scrapping.

As you have been wandering around, hopefully you have found a POI. These POI's have a "gravel road" by them. Now craft a stone shovel. Depending on your stamina, for every use of the shovel you will collect 2 stone and 2 sand. Compared to a use of a stone axe giving you 1 stone and 1 raw iron. You will be able to collect more stone faster with less effort. While you are gathering the stone, use this time to craft as many arrows as you can. At this time, you craft your wooden bow and complete that quest. Now scrap your wooden club and build another club. It should be around 20:00 at the latest and your weapons should be around 110 at least. If you kept crafting.

Now, at 21:00 go inside the POI and craft your next quest of wooden frames. Knock out all the windows on the first floor of your POI and replace them with wooden frames. Upgrade them to at least the first level.

Next quest is build a campfire. Do so and place in your POI. Boom! You now know where a trader is and you have 10 skill points to use.

Now that it is 22:00ish. Start crafting stone axes in masses, at least 16 at a time. When these are done, scrap them to get some resources back. You will get 3 stone back, meaning you lose some wood and plant fiber. Do this all night.

Once day 2 at 6:00 has arrived you should have construction tools quality over 100 and weapons over 120. Now go out on day 2 exploring, gathering stones, wood and looting. While you are out look for water source and hunt. By day two you should have enough resources to build forge. And should have enough to get by with food and basic water.

Now that you have a forge, and remember all that sand you dug up too. Smelt it and make glass jars. You can either use the glass jars or my favorite, sale them to the trader. He loves those things. Now you are making money too.

Hope that makes sense. It's just the basics, but what is happening is you have good quality weapons and athletics built up that you can hurt zombies better and regain stamina.

You can keep "spam crafting" or as I like to call it "perfecting your skill" for day 2 and 3 that by day 4 you should have weapons quality over 200, and your construction tools quality near or over 200. Once you get to this level, this way of spam crafting is not ideal. So just stop doing it.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions.

-Krow

This is just how I start playing the game. So just take this as a suggestion and possibly come up with your own style, but this is how I start most my games. That is until they update how it works.

From the time you start, until 22:00 on day 1. Gather 1,000 wood, 400-600 stone, and 700 plant fibers. This sounds insane but it's really not that hard. Here is how to go about it.

Don't worry so much about the stone. That is easier to get than most think. But get wood and wonder around looking for a point of interest (POI) of any kind. Complete your quests up to the wooden club. Once you get to the wooden club craft 16 at a time (this will take 10 wood each time it creates one). Keep gathering wood, plant fibers and feathers. When your first set of clubs are done, scrap them (you will get 7 wood back). Always keep the best club for those times you come in counter with a zombie. And you guessed it, craft up 16 more clubs after you finish scrapping.

As you have been wandering around, hopefully you have found a POI. These POI's have a "gravel road" by them. Now craft a stone shovel. Depending on your stamina, for every use of the shovel you will collect 2 stone and 2 sand. Compared to a use of a stone axe giving you 1 stone and 1 raw iron. You will be able to collect more stone faster with less effort. While you are gathering the stone, use this time to craft as many arrows as you can. At this time, you craft your wooden bow and complete that quest. Now scrap your wooden club and build another club. It should be around 20:00 at the latest and your weapons should be around 110 at least. If you kept crafting.

Now, at 21:00 go inside the POI and craft your next quest of wooden frames. Knock out all the windows on the first floor of your POI and replace them with wooden frames. Upgrade them to at least the first level.

Next quest is build a campfire. Do so and place in your POI. Boom! You now know where a trader is and you have 10 skill points to use.

Now that it is 22:00ish. Start crafting stone axes in masses, at least 16 at a time. When these are done, scrap them to get some resources back. You will get 3 stone back, meaning you lose some wood and plant fiber. Do this all night.

Once day 2 at 6:00 has arrived you should have construction tools quality over 100 and weapons over 120. Now go out on day 2 exploring, gathering stones, wood and looting. While you are out look for water source and hunt. By day two you should have enough resources to build forge. And should have enough to get by with food and basic water.

Now that you have a forge, and remember all that sand you dug up too. Smelt it and make glass jars. You can either use the glass jars or my favorite, sale them to the trader. He loves those things. Now you are making money too.

Hope that makes sense. It's just the basics, but what is happening is you have good quality weapons and athletics built up that you can hurt zombies better and regain stamina.

You can keep "spam crafting" or as I like to call it "perfecting your skill" for day 2 and 3 that by day 4 you should have weapons quality over 200, and your construction tools quality near or over 200. Once you get to this level, this way of spam crafting is not ideal. So just stop doing it.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions.

-Krow

Krow,

This is gold, thanks!!!

Don't live beyond your means... Keep yourself to a simple perimeter... Use only wood spikes for traps, scrap everything steel related... And ABC, always be crafting, especially at night at first when there doesn't seem like much to do... After the first couple days, your tools, weapons should be good enough to venture a little further... Take a look at the Navezgane map online... There are plenty of POI to hit up... I've spent many nights on a roof, waiting for daybreak... Find a wrench, find a cabin with a forge, wrench it down and put it back up at home for now.... It's a marathon, not a sprint.... Everyone is different, some like certain defenses, certain weapons, etc... Your first structure is going to suck... It's only temporary... Get off the ground... High ground is a life saver... I put my iron bars, frames, or anti spider zombie blocks 6 blocks high... Zombies will stand on gore blocks on your traps... Be patient and just have fun... Happy hunting

Also, knock out any stairs in your first safe house. If you're using ladders to get up high, make sure you knock out the bottom rung so the zombies can't climb it. You'll still be able to jump up onto it.

Another thing to consider is destroying all of the doors for your first few horde nights. Zs are drawn to them like magnets and they'll have no trouble busting through them before you're strong enough to protect yourself. Just get rid of them and fill them with upgraded wood blocks that you can easily tear down once the sun rises. The leftover zombies should just be shambling around the exterior waiting to be put down with an arrow/club combo attack. Once you do that, take everything they have amd destroy the corpses. Those will only end up attracting more.

Also, knock out any stairs in your first safe house. If you're using ladders to get up high, make sure you knock out the bottom rung so the zombies can't climb it. You'll still be able to jump up onto it.

Another thing to consider is destroying all of the doors for your first few horde nights. Zs are drawn to them like magnets and they'll have no trouble busting through them before you're strong enough to protect yourself. Just get rid of them and fill them with upgraded wood blocks that you can easily tear down once the sun rises. The leftover zombies should just be shambling around the exterior waiting to be put down with an arrow/club combo attack. Once you do that, take everything they have amd destroy the corpses. Those will only end up attracting more.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your kindness.

Now you have me thinking but I always was told that zombies are only attracted to player made doors. Door already there didn't count so if I found a poi I wanted to stay in and it had a door that wasn't locked I left it.

Hey it's me, I created this thread and have a question. I have seen in many videos how they jump down 50 blocks without dying. I know there is fall damage in the game, how do they do this? Im planning to do a underground build for my first little home.

Hay bale was used to land on. If you put it down under your ladder make sure the ladder doesn't extend to your hay bale. Leave a gap. If there is no gap then you will most likely break your leg. You can jump on ladder with bottom rung missing so its not a problem.

"Now you have me thinking but I always was told that zombies are only attracted to player made doors. Door already there didn't count so if I found a poi I wanted to stay in and it had a door that wasn't locked I left it."

I believe it's just all doors. I get most of my information from Skippy0330 on youtube. He's intimate enough with the game to be able to program his own mods on pc, but he also has tons of informational videos about console and that's his take, so I've always gone with it. The few times I've left locked doors at the back of a building alone, they were always attacked. Of course, I could be wrong.

Yes, forges, workbenches, mixers, chem stations... Work benches can be found at pass n gas, chem stations at pop n pills, forges at the house camps, and I've only found one mixer in Navezgane... But yes, can all be broken down and replaced as many times as you plz... Just wrench it down, don't risk destroying it... If you go after more than one, you can probably figure out how far to break it down before wrenching, but it's not worth making the trip for nothing...

http://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/192bfb80-e09a-4b0e-ac4d-a06e7c6e8483

Always take high ground. Perfect bases/outposts. Just add rusty bars turned flat all the way around so spiders don't get on the roof. Building with a ladder above the dumpster is the best. That's how Boobie trap is. Chops rocks and trees at daylight. Also get a bike crafted soon as ya can. Keep on smelting brass and lead. Bullets run out fast.

Be Robin Hood. Since arrows easiest for weapons. Plant a garden on the roof. Also two 50 cement pillars high is perfect defenses. Or steel spike on top of one 50 cement pillar works as well. Ya can dig tunnels as well but ya can get cabin fever fast doing that. I got a tunnel system connecting like 5 outposts together. It gets boring after a while though digging.

Lots of good tips on here. Man this reminds me of the good ol days when I first started playing this game.

I got my butt kicked so many times. Tis a brutal game but once you get the hang of things, you'll be a pro in no time. I watched hours of YouTube videos of Skippy, cage (can't remember the number after his name), 2handedgaming, & meatwagon, learning all I could from these guys. Really helped a lot!!

Good luck man 👍

Archived