[12/13] Message from the Team - Patch 13 LIVE at 01:00 UTC!

Clare

i just got bones from Z's so ...... i think you may be unlucky or something , of course i did just find the BEST SEED IN THE GAME so maybe i'm just really damn lucky

So ya got one. Nice! My loot chances are set low.

Thanks for the info PantsThief!! Really informative. Sounds like some cool fixes. Not sure I like the fact we no longer get bone from Z's.....guess no more bone shank after 1st kill

I’m just unlucky. Lol.

For the most part it’s all the same, really only noticeable thing was the body breakdown and the terrain lag with a mini bike into areas that are unloaded seemed to be tons faster. Almost unnoticeable.

The body breakdown will also help the game run smoothly for those body’s we sometimes forget to clean up. Like I said in post tho there may be a chance for bone in zombies. I was just using a stone ax in survival. On day one.

One thing I didn’t post was I found 2 body’s of water with a 200 yard “river” connecting them in random gen. Rivers from my knowledge are pretty rare in random gen. Lest I’ve never seen one till yesterday. It was nice to see.

Idk if this is something new from this update or last.

Seed is “IronWalls”

Quite a hilly map if anyone likes that kind of thing. Big lakes. Unsure what else is all in the map, I didn’t play my survival game too long.

Has anyone noticed whether torches now attract zombies? I have played two sessions, one as a host and one as a guest. In both cases I have seen zombies attracted to our bases with bare minimums of light/heat sources and activities. For instance:

In the world I hosted I had no zombies near by, I had killed them all. I placed a torch on the wall and within a half hour window I had no less than the different times where zombies showed up and headed straight for my "base" as it were. No campfires or forges were going, just a single torch on the wall. And I know they weren't just wandering zombies because they came after me inside, and no I did not have anything like raw meat on me.

Has anyone noticed whether torches now attract zombies? I have played two sessions, one as a host and one as a guest. In both cases I have seen zombies attracted to our bases with bare minimums of light/heat sources and activities. For instance:

In the world I hosted I had no zombies near by, I had killed them all. I placed a torch on the wall and within a half hour window I had no less than the different times where zombies showed up and headed straight for my "base" as it were. No campfires or forges were going, just a single torch on the wall. And I know they weren't just wandering zombies because they came after me inside, and no I did not have anything like raw meat on me.

that sounds like a alpha 16 feature that they added, that things like torches and and spotlights attracts them

I’m just unlucky. Lol.

For the most part it’s all the same, really only noticeable thing was the body breakdown and the terrain lag with a mini bike into areas that are unloaded seemed to be tons faster. Almost unnoticeable.

The body breakdown will also help the game run smoothly for those body’s we sometimes forget to clean up. Like I said in post tho there may be a chance for bone in zombies. I was just using a stone ax in survival. On day one.

One thing I didn’t post was I found 2 body’s of water with a 200 yard “river” connecting them in random gen. Rivers from my knowledge are pretty rare in random gen. Lest I’ve never seen one till yesterday. It was nice to see.

Seed is “IronWalls”

Quite a hilly map if anyone likes that kind of thing. Big lakes. Unsure what else is all in the map, I didn’t play my survival game too long.

A river runs through it , ...... and thats all i have

It would not surprise me if the console got this update. Torches generate a lot more heat if this was implemented.

Heat map strength for the items are like this...

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 600, align: center]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]HeatMapTime[/TD]

[TD]HeatMapFrequency[/TD]

[TD]HeatMapStrength[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AnimalGore[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1200[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4.0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Campfire[/TD]

[TD=align: center]25[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Chem Station[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Forge[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Candle[/TD]

[TD=align: center]15[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1.0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Torch[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4.05[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cement Mixer[/TD]

[TD=align: center]0.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Workbench[/TD]

[TD=align: center]0.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Burning Barrel[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4.05[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

HeatMapTime defines how long that value has an effect on the heatmap

HeatMapFrequency defines how often that value is added to the heatmap

HeatMapStrength is the value that adds to the heat every time it's checked

Also note, this is for player placed blocks. POI Blocks do not generate heatmap with the exception of workstations like the forge, campfire, cement mixer, ect.

I’m just unlucky. Lol.

Seed is “IronWalls”

Have you tried removing the zombie bodies with a shiv or knife? I'm getting bones that way. It does mean you either need to loot a knife or kill an animal and harvest it with your axe to get your first bone, but from then on it's easy to get the bones.

When is Dishong tower coming to consoles?

Probably not until the console version is optimized enough to where it can load something that big. If it were added to the console in it's current state, your FPS would drop into the single digits as soon as you got near it because you would run out of RAM on the system.

Probably not until the console version is optimized enough to where it can load something that big. If it were added to the console in it's current state, your FPS would drop into the single digits as soon as you got near it because you would run out of RAM on the system.

Thats very disappointing to hear, is it a possibility for the skyscrapers to ever appear on current gen consoles do you believe or no?

Thats very disappointing to hear, is it a possibility for the skyscrapers to ever appear on current gen consoles do you believe or no?

Of course anything is possible. But as of now that is all it is. I know it sucks but it is what it is really. I would say hope but don't hope. Just don't get hopes up for something that hasn't happened yet or hasn't been said. I'm looking forward to see how much more they can pull into the console but I don't get hopes up. Hope this helps kinda anyway lol

The limiting factors on the console are an extremely aged CPU, and just slightly over the minimum amount of RAM required for the game. The latest gen console only really upgraded the GPU, which doesn't do a game like this any favors.

Until the Unity engine is optimized better on the console, you are not likely going to see a lot of the new things that are appearing in the PC Alpha. The console hardware just isn't capable.

The limiting factors on the console are an extremely aged CPU, and just slightly over the minimum amount of RAM required for the game. The latest gen console only really upgraded the GPU, which doesn't do a game like this any favors.

Until the Unity engine is optimized better on the console, you are not likely going to see a lot of the new things that are appearing in the PC Alpha. The console hardware just isn't capable.

This is why I gave up on the console and bought me a gaming pc. Much better experience

As some one stated before i too have noticed considerably less instances of reaching the end of the rendered space and waiting on the rest to load

as for the dashong tower

i figured the current state of untiy's optimizations and the consoles limitations might make it impossible but that's not to say we won't get something like it maybe we'll get a scaled down version of it or maybe have it in more a destroyed state , or reduce the amount dungeon crawl in the building making it a little more sparse but equally as large im sure the guys working on the port are very interested in getting as much as they can to the console and finding ways to make it happen be patient it has come such a long form when i bought the game i

I feel quite ignorant that i dont even know what my own console has spec wise. Thanks for clearing that up, so we have three choices really.

1. [Easiest] buy pc

2. Make unity upgrade

3. Wait for newer gen console with better specs and re-release of the game

Gotcha thanks!

What about NOW? Is the skyscraper coming now? I waited five hours to see if there is a change....

I heard that if you play navezgane, go completely sw, into the rad zone that the skyscrappers are there, the devs hid them for only the elite to find and enjoy. The rad cops and vultures are there too!

I heard that if you play navezgane, go completely sw, into the rad zone that the skyscrappers are there, the devs hid them for only the elite to find and enjoy. The rad cops and vultures are there too!

You have to let yourself die 1000 times trying to cross the rad zone in that location then press up down up up down and that will unlock it.

Make sure to place a sleeping bag near the border...

You have to let yourself die 1000 times trying to cross the rad zone in that location then press up down up up down and that will unlock it.

Make sure to place a sleeping bag near the border...

But you could take the easy way out and go into creative multiplayer and because console currently has a bug that you can not die no matter what you can just walk into it with no problems lol.

but I know I know I got your sarcasm just sayin lol

Then this should be no problem for the Xbox One X.

Archived