Some Ideas for a Sequel

BritStar

I can tell you that if it isn't a direct sequel it will definitely be a spiritual sequel and that they will be taking everything they've learned and all the systems they've developed and continue to improve them and take them to the next level for their next game. It's also almost a guarantee (anything is possible and plans could change after all) that the next game will be a voxel open world sandbox as well.

They aren't going to go the Scrolls route like Mojang...

will there be a cross over lol . like fb says - twd will cross over with ftwd lol (which most know wont happen) will the new game cross paths with the old one :-D

I can tell you that if it isn't a direct sequel it will definitely be a spiritual sequel and that they will be taking everything they've learned and all the systems they've developed and continue to improve them and take them to the next level for their next game. It's also almost a guarantee (anything is possible and plans could change after all) that the next game will be a voxel open world sandbox as well.

They aren't going to go the Scrolls route like Mojang...

That's all I wanted to read: voxel open world :) Thank you :)

• 7 months later...

I would prefer to not have a sequel for at least 5 more years. Some of op's ideas could just as easily be put into the current game. Give us animal taming and farming, boats, fishing, and bandits trying to raid or rob us. Other survivors that you can rob, kill, or maybe even recruit. More weapons and advanced combat options. Maybe, dare I say, some more zombies?

No need for a whole new game. Although I know next to nothing about programming when compared to these magnificent devs, I'm pretty sure we don't need a whole new game for features like the ones I just mentioned. The only reason why we would need a new game for that is if the devs wanted to make a whole new game engine and move away from unity.

I'm not against a sequel, but I would much rather wait until this game is finished. As it is, it's obviously still an alpha game.

Although, admittedly, a very good alpha game.

Archived