A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Ok Ive installed this to a server, Server master files & started everything seems fine BUT......

Ive shot 20 rounds from a pistol with plenty of health only to find I cant shoot the gun any more, Pressing the trigger does nothing & makes no sound...?

Gun keeps breaking & then cant be repaired even after reading the book ? WTF mechanic is this ?

I'm presuming you mean plenty of 'ammo' not health. Your pistol is most likely broken and needs to be repaired with a repair kit.

Guns can only be repaired/assembled at the weapons workbench. You don't need any weapons books to repair/assemble weapons.

Edit: Ah you mean the pistol has plenty of durability left (Please confirm this). Did you reload the gun? Did you try relogging?

Edited by PPanda0421
Misread the comment (see edit history)

Thanks for validating this. I will commit the change into the next patch.

I'll backout the gauge reduction. Apparently I'm the only one that has too many of them.

I hope you are also doing your own testing (with regards to the advanced crossbow) to see that nothing is broken after the change among other things ;). I also have a lot of gauges but then again I have been playing for a long time in my world.

Adult Goats that your breed yourself, were giving Rotten meat, instead of raw meat.

I totally got that wrong then, lol. Yeah, living goats not giving rotten meat makes sense.

yay :D i'll take some of them gauges! lolol

You actually don't really need a ton of them, one for the quest, three for the moonshine and you're done. But they are already not exactly a very common drop and it's totally fine if you desperately search for something and then, once you found it, you're good (see minibike book, garlic seed...). You sure know the locations to look for gauges? I don't want to fill this thread with spoilers but it would make me happy to be able to help, because you're such a kind and helpful person always paying attention to someone's question.

Bug fixes submitted for next patch, hopefully drops next weekend:

1. fix of IcyFarmerstorage, should last about 2 realtime hours before needing more ice (may replace this with another method later),

2. balanced clay usage for smiths crafting of forged steel

3. Rhinos will be tougher to kill

4. Goats give correct meat on harvest

5. Rubber needs less scrap rubber to craft, and XRad items need less rubber to craft

6. Very slight reduction in gauge drops...

7. Doubled change of glands dropping on boss destroy event

There will probably be more fixes but I wanted to list the fixes that are commited for the next patch. We have major new gameplay features in testing as well, so it will be a very cool new release when it happens.

1. Sounds good.

2. Not sure what the new changes are but we'll see.

3. IMO they should also drop more meat since they are bigger and now even more tougher.

4. Sounds good.

5. Sounds good.

6. You already decided not to implement this change.

7. Hope you mean on all bosses, not just the bosses that drop glands. For example the abominable and radiated spider bosses drop other things.

I am still experiencing automatic turnoff of insect/rodent lights if they are attached to solar and battery banks. They turn off at 6AM or whenever the night cycle ends and morning cycle begins in your world. You must be in the area to witness this.

I am still experiencing automatic turnoff of insect/rodent lights if they are attached to solar and battery banks. They turn off at 6AM or whenever the night cycle ends and morning cycle begins in your world. You must be in the area to witness this.

I have this too. The good news is, this only appears to be a visual glitch for me. The blue light emission stops, the rodent repeller's light turns red BUT they are actually still working. Switching them off and on in your game will fix it instantly, but if you just relog or leave the place to return later, you will find they actually continued working without intervention, it just didn't look like it.

Performance issue, flickering

Hey everyone :D I have huge problem with flickerking with starvation 16.4, every 3 second, is relly anoying. I reinstall game/mod many time. This is not problem with my software i have i7(6/12), 16gb ram, 11gb graphic cart,win 10 PRO. I play well starvation 15, in it i dont have this problem. I can send a video when my problem is visible. Thanks for any help. Sorry for orthography,this is not my basic language.

I just trained my first pet, a dog, but at my home base it run immediately into the spikes and died. Is there any possibility to train pet's to not run into it? In this way pet's makes no sense. A Base without protection in Starvation is no way.

Thanks for the info Kat. You also need Gauges to make Consoles which are needed for the small generator, iirc. ( i did not have a smith or mechanic at the time). Pretty sure it was for the generator. I was making a tons of things at the time tho.

Yes this is true. The quest I'm talking about is actually the one for the small generator. I know they hold more fuel than the generator banks (1500 instead of 1000) and can be relocated, but I usually just spam the generator banks that are way cheaper to produce if I don't have gauges and then try to push for solar + battery banks as soon as possible.

edit:

I just trained my first pet, a dog, but at my home base it run immediately into the spikes and died. Is there any possibility to train pet's to not run into it? In this way pet's makes no sense. A Base without protection in Starvation is no way.

totally missed your post earlier. You could build an underground tunnel connecting to your base far away from all spiked defenses.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

Quest: Diesel Power

The Objektive is, to place a "small Generator". Its the 2nd Time in my 4th Run i am not able to fulfill this Quest. I have to place a "Small Generator". This objekt can be found by looting Containers, i know. But you can also craft it. So the Troubles starts.

To build this Item, you need:

- Metal frame

- small deposit

- mechanical Parts/small Motor

- copper

- console

Crafting Console & small deposit at "normal" Workbench, no problem.

Crafting Metal Frame at Big Anvil, no problem

Find Copper ... little Problem

Crafting the small generator ... not possible. At this Time i have the normal Workbench, the scientific workbench, the normal forge and the big forge. The info says the Item can be also crafted by a NPC ... that is be called by the Radio tower, that can be build if you have Electrical Energy, that you have if you can craft a small Generator.

I searched the Net about this Problem and have seen that i could build a Mill first (V-15) ... so the troubles expand. I can not build a mill or a boiler. The Icons says i have all the needet resources, but i have not the option to build. Trying to craft, theres a Book on the right Side, but its grey (not active). Why?

I cant build the Generator, cause i have no NPC, i have no NPC cause i have no Energy, i have no Energy cause i have no Generator ... thats confusing.

LOL I feel your pain!! We have this same problem with our pets and npcs... they seem to crave leaping off into the spikes if any are available.. lol

The Objektive is, to place a "small Generator". Its the 2nd Time in my 4th Run i am not able to fulfill this Quest. I have to place a "Small Generator". This objekt can be found by looting Containers, i know. But you can also craft it. So the Troubles starts.

To build this Item, you need:

- Metal frame

- small deposit

- mechanical Parts/small Motor

- copper

- console

Crafting Console & small deposit at "normal" Workbench, no problem.

Crafting Metal Frame at Big Anvil, no problem

Find Copper ... little Problem

Crafting the small generator ... not possible. At this Time i have the normal Workbench, the scientific workbench, the normal forge and the big forge. The info says the Item can be also crafted by a NPC ... that is be called by the Radio tower, that can be build if you have Electrical Energy, that you have if you can craft a small Generator.

I searched the Net about this Problem and have seen that i could build a Mill first (V-15) ... so the troubles expand. I can not build a mill or a boiler. The Icons says i have all the needet resources, but i have not the option to build. Trying to craft, theres a Book on the right Side, but its grey (not active). Why?

I cant build the Generator, cause i have no NPC, i have no NPC cause i have no Energy, i have no Energy cause i have no Generator ... thats confusing.

Use a vanilla generator for power..then build the radio tower

Hey. First off, thanks for making this awesome mod! Hard to imagine playing vanilla 7 days ever again. Quick question though: Is it possible to disable some of the buff/debuff sounds? Specifically the fun and low sanity ones start to lower my RL sanity after a while :untroubled:

Already tried looking around and messing with some files (deleting lines in the sound.xml) but no success so far. Would be appreciated if someone knew if it's possible, and if it is, what I have to do. Thanks in advance!

Edited by jarek301 (see edit history)

You dont need an npc to make the small generator. I build one without it. it just takes more work is all. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Why ? :upset:

I really like previous update. I don't like all this weather cases in this game also season weather.

Another question If I will use command weathersurvival off it will disable season weather also?

you can turn off the weather in the xml.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey. First off, thanks for making this awesome mod! Hard to imagine playing vanilla 7 days ever again. Quick question though: Is it possible to disable some of the buff/debuff sounds? Specifically the fun and low sanity ones start to lower my RL insanity after a while :untroubled:

Already tried looking around and messing with some files (deleting lines in the sound.xml) but no success so far. Would be appreciated if someone knew if it's possible, and if it is, what I have to do. Thanks in advance!

lol, the sounds do tend to play a whole bunch... the status also scrolls the screen way too much too. lol. I know im "a cold son of a b", but i dont need to be told every 30 seconds ;)

You dont need an npc to make the small generator. I build one without it. it just takes more work is all. :)

It's actually better to build the first generator without npc, because building a beacon comes next after building a generator in the quest chain and this way you don't have to build a second one just for the quest.

Why ? :upset:

I really like previous update. I don't like all this weather cases in this game also season weather.

Another question If I will use command weathersurvival off it will disable season weather also?

There is a file you can edit to adjust the weather to your needs. Since this is pretty complex and I asked a friend for help, I can only tell you how to turn off seasons.

1. Search your harddrive for a file named starvationweather and make sure you pick the result of the real file, not a link

2. put a copy of that file in the same folder, in case something goes wrong

3. right click and edit the file starvationweather, you will find a lot of details and stuff,

4. scroll down til you find this part <Seasons> <Season> and change it to <Seasons> <!-- <Season>

5. scroll down til you find this part </Season> </Seasons> and change it to </Season> --> </Seasons>

6. Save and close file

Seasons should now be disabled. Make sure you do BOTH changes or it will cause mayhem. Good luck!

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

How do you craft the small deposit if it requires a npc?

Been to every machine but won’t let me craft. What am I missing

There are two recipes for the small deposit. One has a small hammer icon. Pick the one without hammer icon and you will be able to craft the small deposit in your inventory.

It's actually better to build the first generator without npc, because building a beacon comes next after building a generator in the quest chain and this way you don't have to build a second one just for the quest.

There is a file you can edit to adjust the weather to your needs. Since this is pretty complex and I asked a friend for help, I can only tell you how to turn off seasons.

1. Search your harddrive for a file named starvationweather and make sure you pick the result of the real file, not a link

2. put a copy of that file in the same folder, in case something goes wrong

3. right click and edit the file starvationweather, you will find a lot of details and stuff,

4. scroll down til you find this part <Seasons> <Season> and change it to <Seasons> <!-- <Season>

5. scroll down til you find this part </Season> </Seasons> and change it to </Season> --> </Seasons>

6. Save and close file

Seasons should now be disabled. Make sure you do BOTH changes or it will cause mayhem. Good luck!

Thank you a lot :) I will check it

Hello. I have network game and the latest version mod. I am the server. Week of playing time at me fog. Visibility is very low. At the same time at the second player everything is normal. Visibility good is also not present fog. In bloody night visibility was restored. But in the morning again fog.

Quest: Diesel Power

Use a vanilla generator for power..then build the radio tower

PadreNostrum: it sounds to me like you're missing the mill book. There's a book teaching you mill and boiler recipe. I'm not sure which of the book titles it was, steam power sounds right-ish.

Thanks for helping. I found the needet book now in a Crack-A-Book-Tower and my problem was detached.

Dont know why i dont remembered to seach the needed book. Sorry.

Edited by PadreNostrum (see edit history)