Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

they wont squash the bugs in alpha lol. thats what beta is for. YEs they will hit the major bugs. but a16 hasnt had many issues for myself. its played really well.

But i be happy if a17 took a year and they implemented a heap of stuff like pretty much a majority of the stuff that they are gonna put it. like more content. more quests and story mode. npcs bandits, survivors colonies etc etc. and more content. blocks textures etc

I'd rather see the new physics and get that tested in alpha as long as possible. Good physics an important one.

Personally, I'd like to see them get all the mechanics in the game with just enough content to begin testing what the real end game features are gonna look like. THEN bring in the content with some tweaks to those mechanics.

Then hit beta with pretty much the full Gold game.

Gives TFP two more opportunities to completely revamp a game mechanic that isn't functioning well. I don't see an A19 in how things are being discussed at this point.

I was thinking about bandit AI and how much interaction the player is going to have ?

Is it going to be a state of max involvement where wandering a pack of bandit's will get between you and your base when on a return trip or is it going to much less where you have to search for them ?

All i ask for is "This Time" dont add them without a option to turn them off. Or many "non modders" will feel offended, and i think for a good reason.

If they would be like i imagine them there is no way to have them activated on a server that want to have architect players.

I'm a non modder and i won't be offended.

Nice one RD ! In another hand the real question: is 17 version the last one ??

I've heard MM say a lot of things in my time here but.....

He did mention an alpha 18 in one of his videos.

- - - Updated - - -

they wont squash the bugs in alpha lol. thats what beta is for. YEs they will hit the major bugs. but a16 hasnt had many issues for myself. its played really well.

But i be happy if a17 took a year and they implemented a heap of stuff like pretty much a majority of the stuff that they are gonna put it. like more content. more quests and story mode. npcs bandits, survivors colonies etc etc. and more content. blocks textures etc

I just want zombies to 'Sense','Smell' and 'Search for me' again :)

All i ask for is "This Time" dont add them without a option to turn them off. Or many "non modders" will feel offended, and i think for a good reason.

If they would be like i imagine them there is no way to have them activated on a server that want to have architect players.

I am not sure about turning a single zombie type off as i have seen requested to turn dogs off before and i think a lot of people who would normally deal with them would turn them off.

Architects have to deal with the elements and if they choose to have zombies on then it is just another event.

Saying this though i could see having an option which just gave you standard walking zombies with no dogs,ferals,policeman or diggers etc for that.

Would not make it very exciting and i doubt the numbers could be increased to compansate but if your an architect and just want something to test the structures and shoot now and again then it may or may not fit the purpose.

I can understand you want the ability to turn them of but would players who would normally deal with them turn them off also and does this make digger zombies a enemy that only players who want the difficulty ramped up will use ?

I'm a non modder and i won't be offended.

Do you have a screen of the largest Buidling you ever made ?

(I dont ask like "You never made one so you cant participate", i want you to imagine what you would feel if a Random Digger destroy your base you worked on for 4-12 Real weeks)

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure about turning a single zombie type off as i have seen requested to turn dogs off before and i think a lot of people who would normally deal with them would turn them off.

Dogs kill you = Respawn

Diggers (as i imagine them) kill your base = The work of many, many, many, real hours screwed

Do you have a screen of the largest Buidling you ever made ?

- - - Updated - - -

Dogs kill you = Respawn

Diggers (as i imagine them) kill your base = 500 Real hours screwed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23088[/ATTACH]

Sorry it's not a big picture but the image thing isn't working properly but that's around half the length of the building you can see right there behind the guy doing the thriller dance lol

I think you're over dramatising what the diggers could potentially be :)

Dogs kill you = Respawn

Diggers (as i imagine them) kill your base = The work of many, many, many, real hours screwed

I agree digger zombies could be a real threat but there is no point making them like spiders are currently where 1 or 2 may climb wall's and you just despatch them but i dont think you should have no counters against them either.

I edited the reply above while you where posting so i have repeated the section i have edited.

I can understand you want the ability to turn them of but would players who would normally deal with them turn them off also and does this make digger zombies a enemy that only players who want the difficulty ramped up will use ?

I think you're over dramatising what the diggers could potentially be :)

Remove the right 4-8 Blocks and the whole tower collapses

Yes it checks (more or less) until bedrocks, no way to go more than 15 Blocks out of the core tower

here my very first tower in this game where i tried this (not even 15 blocks because you would want to playe stuff on the plateau and the corner allready have no SI )

04476E6E082256519554A1BFFE375EB1512C38D6

70C4CA82D09C414E05F27C333372522D93B1D57E

The Problem is that it looks like most of the people that think diggers would be great never build a tower like this

- - - Updated - - -

does this make digger zombies a enemy that only players who want the difficulty ramped up will use ?

I would say only players that play not as architects would use them

Remove the right 4-8 Blocks and the whole tower collapses

The Problem is that it looks like most of the people that think diggers would be great never build a tower like this

I never said they would be great i'd fear them but also think of ways to counter them via base defenses and proper placement of storage.

I never said they would be great i'd fear them but also think of ways to counter them via base defenses and proper placement of storage.

Imagine you need to run the whole hordenight the outer Defense ring

(Because there is no other way to defend Zombies that came out of rock)

278F510D59D26E0517043F92F0F6BD40B9B63498

And additional there cant be smart small bunkers, the new ones would be unpractical and huge

(Both Bunkers would be comparable safe and with the same storeroom, except that the new one would need you to run the outer defense ring)

745618-1508852620.png

Imagine you need to run the whole hordenight the outer Defense ring

(Because there is no other way to defend Zombies that came out of rock)

278F510D59D26E0517043F92F0F6BD40B9B63498

And additional there cant be smart small bunkers, the new ones would be unpractical and huge

(Both Bunkers would be comparable safe and with the same storeroom, except that the new one would need you to run the outer defense ring)

745618-1508852620.png

Alternatively you could build another separate base in which you spend horde nights and don't care whether it's smashed to bits or not?

Regarding a option to turn digger zombies on/off

I think it would be a very small amount of players who would turn them on and then the developers would have to entice the player to use that option with a special unique loot or something else rewarding which could be counterproductive.

I mean if you have that checkbox there how many times are you going to try tactics compared to if it was not an option ?

Also if you where to reward the player then you could just turn them off untill you built or aquired all your countermeasures and then turn them on again.

Alternatively you could build another separate base in which you spend horde nights and don't care whether it's smashed to bits or not?

So the point is ?

Adding diggers so that realism count no longer (As player i expect a Bunker to be a safe place)

Instead i as player are forced to build a "Cheesy system cheating overground base" where i have to fight 7th Days hordes i dont like. Or a 500m long bedrock tunnel and run the whole hordenight up and down

i really see no challenge in that, only harassment of bedrock dwellers and achitect players.

Thinking about this made me think could/should loot tables be dynamic to game difficulty or gamestage as well as different types of zombies.

I know that it was mentioned loot is due an overhaul but i wondered anyone else thoughts on this.

yes it should

More Specific loot from Different parts of the game Horde, Citys, Quests, Traders

And more specific loot from Specific zombies.

If it makes sense to combine Difficulty with loot amounts.... let i me say so i play (mostly) insane with 25% loot and 4 weeks loot respawn.

Would make no sense to raise the loot by higher difficulty

yes it should

More Specific loot from Different parts of the game Horde, Citys, Quests, Traders

And more specific loot from Specific zombies.

If it makes sense to combine Difficulty with loot amounts.... let i me say so i play (mostly) insane with 25% loot and 4 weeks loot respawn.

Would make no sense to raise the loot by higher difficulty

I can see your point about difficulty and another point is all nearly items have a use and different players require different loot.

But probaility of loot and frequency is not rarity of items i say rarity and not quality as this allready dealt with but i am still unsure of the idea and this question might answer it for sure

Well, there are more complete charts. ;)

http://orig03.deviantart.net/494a/f/2014/171/0/1/size_comparison___science_fiction_spaceships_by_dirkloechel-d6lfgdf.jpg

I'm not even folloing every detail here.

If Shai-Hulud were added it would change gameplay and base-building yet again.

I just try new things. I've had underground and above ground bases in many variations, floating ones, underwater, floating underwater so it was submerged but still not touching the bottom...

I'm curious what works. Naturally some fail horribly. LOL

Thanks for the screenshot. :)

Regarding a option to turn digger zombies on/off

I think it would be a very small amount of players who would turn them on and then the developers would have to entice the player to use that option with a special unique loot or something else rewarding which could be counterproductive.

I mean if you have that checkbox there how many times are you going to try tactics compared to if it was not an option ?

Also if you where to reward the player then you could just turn them off untill you built or aquired all your countermeasures and then turn them on again.

Just my idea, opinion, and I don't even know if it is even doable, but when we start the game we have the option to pick scavenger, warrior, insane and whatever the other levels are. Could it be made that in the higher levels the setting would be to have the more challenging and dangerous zombies? The irradiated cop, and I think there is one that is a feral, then the irradiated feral wight (or whatever it is called), and other zombies that are really hard to kill could be in those levels. Allow players have the option to try that out, the experienced players can have the challenges. Those who are casual, weekend players can chose to try out the warrior one, or one of the other choices that might have a setting where they get the cops and wight on horde night, or at any time.

That way everyone gets what they prefer.

I agree that rewarding the player could encourage players who would be going "I don't know if I want to fight that" will go "Yes! I'll give it a go".

Right now the irradiated cops, feral wights and some others have no loot at all, many of the zombies have lousy loot. I'm grounded again on my shoulder, so my fix is watching a variety players on youtube. Some I see as great, GameEdged, Kage848 who I watch all the time, Games4Kickz some of the time and also Veudi (I know I spelled your name wrong, sorry) he has a play style that I also enjoy so I watch him a lot, forgot to add Flexible Games, I watch him often. Some others are good, some okay, some so lousy that I won't watch them again.

The small amount of players is the problem in whether or not TFPs decide to leave them out, or to add them and have them for when you get a really high game level. Those who want such a challenge should have that challenge. I'm not against it, it's fun to watch them play and fight those zombies. I don't want to, I am a coward in that way, but I like to see others show their expertise and they should not be limited to because others don't want to face them and/or loose all the work they have done on their underground base and see it collapse.

If players chose to turn the option off and not play with diggers on (or the more deadly, dangerous ones), then I go that is their choice, and their lose of some good loot.

Just my two cents

didn't they have diggers in way back AND removed them because of all these concerns and ugly terrain they created?

wasn't the IDEA Kinya put forth only related to blood moon hordes, and only for the people underground?

and they weren't diggers in the sense i'm seeing discussed.

as for everyone's stuff... do you fight the horde topside standing on your 200hp crates waiting for the cops to spit?

likewise, why would you wait for a horde underground surrounded by your precious bits and bobs, IF that mechanic were implemented?

Archived