A16 - 7D2D SDX Tutorials and Modding Kit

sphereii

sounds isnt capitalized in the folder though? nor is it on the unity file

The xpath="/Sounds" references to the XML node. The file under Config/sounds.xml is the sound.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Sounds>
<!-- For stealth purposes I am putting sounds into 5 buckets so I can search&massReplace.
1 minor sounds, earth/cloth hit

ok but the problem im having now is i dont want to append, there is already an entry for this. i just want to over write it

You can use set:

<configs>
<set xpath="/Sounds/SoundDataNode[@name='batterybank_idle']/AudioClip/@ClipName">#@modfolder:MyMod/Resources/mysound.unity3d?mysound</set>
</configs>

Thank you again, so with this.. the player and the server only needs whats in the mods folder.. nothing more. am i correct by this? THat means if a player were to connect to my game, without the mod they just wouldnt see any of the changes. Also, I noticed when you connect to a server there is a place called Mods listing. Is the fun pimps thinking about putting in an auto mod loader like Ark?

The player would need the Mods folder if there's custom assets in there. If it's XML-only, then they wouldn't need anything playing MP, but would need the files there for local play.

We aren't sure what the workshop or mod loader would look like. They have said that binary data will never push; so anything other than XML would have to be installed locally.

I'm looking for some help with getting Mecanim to work with A17. I went through the tutorial and set everything up in Unity and also watch Xyth's youtube on how to convert from legacy to Mecanim. I'm at the step of trying to get mecanimsdx to but used as the avatar controller but cant seem to figure out how to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking for some help with getting Mecanim to work with A17. I went through the tutorial and set everything up in Unity and also watch Xyth's youtube on how to convert from legacy to Mecanim. I'm at the step of trying to get mecanimsdx to but used as the avatar controller but cant seem to figure out how to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you be more specific about where is causing you issues?

Can you be more specific about where is causing you issues?

Sphereii, thank you for getting back to me quickly. Sorry that I didn't put more detail in earlier. I am in the process of trying to add a cow into the game as a new animal. I went into unity and setup the animation following Xyth's youtube video and downloaded the basic mecanim controller. I setup the controller following his video as well. The code I am using in the entityclasses.xml is

</entity_class>
			<entity_class name="animalCow" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
			<property name="Tags" value="animal"/>
			<property name="Mesh" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Cow.unity3d?CowPrefab"/>
			<property name="AvatarController" value="MecanimSDX, Mods"/>
			<property name="HasRagdoll" value="false"/>
			<property name="RootMotion" value="false"/>
			<property name="Prefab" value="NPC"/>
			<property name="Class" value="EntityAnimalStag"/>
			<property name="Parent" value="Animals"/>
			<property name="SoundHurt" value="Animals/pigpain"/>
			<property name="SoundDeath" value="Animals/pigdeath"/>
			<property name="PanicSpeed" value="1.2"/>
			<property name="PhysicsBody" value="Cow"/>
			<property name="ExperienceGain" value="173"/>
			<property name="SwimOffset" value="0.7"/>
			<property name="Faction" value="animals"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" count="0" tool_category="Butcher"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" tag="butcherHarvest" count="5"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceLeather" tag="butcherHarvest" count="7"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceAnimalFat" tag="butcherHarvest" count="6"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceFemur" tag="butcherHarvest" count="3"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceFemur" tag="allToolsHarvest" count="1"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="cow" tag="allToolsHarvest" count="2" prob=".5"/>
		</entity_class>

Upon loading into the game with cows around me I get AddComponent asking for invalid type and then I get NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. If it make it easier here is a link to the mod I am putting in SDX:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_pZ6kLHsIgZ8FpoK2mBIwal6KYkajFjb

If you need more information please let me know.

Sphereii, thank you for getting back to me quickly. Sorry that I didn't put more detail in earlier. I am in the process of trying to add a cow into the game as a new animal. I went into unity and setup the animation following Xyth's youtube video and downloaded the basic mecanim controller. I setup the controller following his video as well. The code I am using in the entityclasses.xml is
</entity_class>
			<entity_class name="animalCow" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
			<property name="Tags" value="animal"/>
			<property name="Mesh" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Cow.unity3d?CowPrefab"/>
			<property name="AvatarController" value="MecanimSDX, Mods"/>
			<property name="HasRagdoll" value="false"/>
			<property name="RootMotion" value="false"/>
			<property name="Prefab" value="NPC"/>
			<property name="Class" value="EntityAnimalStag"/>
			<property name="Parent" value="Animals"/>
			<property name="SoundHurt" value="Animals/pigpain"/>
			<property name="SoundDeath" value="Animals/pigdeath"/>
			<property name="PanicSpeed" value="1.2"/>
			<property name="PhysicsBody" value="Cow"/>
			<property name="ExperienceGain" value="173"/>
			<property name="SwimOffset" value="0.7"/>
			<property name="Faction" value="animals"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" count="0" tool_category="Butcher"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="foodRawMeat" tag="butcherHarvest" count="5"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceLeather" tag="butcherHarvest" count="7"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceAnimalFat" tag="butcherHarvest" count="6"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceFemur" tag="butcherHarvest" count="3"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceFemur" tag="allToolsHarvest" count="1"/>
			<drop event="Harvest" name="cow" tag="allToolsHarvest" count="2" prob=".5"/>
		</entity_class>

Upon loading into the game with cows around me I get AddComponent asking for invalid type and then I get NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. If it make it easier here is a link to the mod I am putting in SDX:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_pZ6kLHsIgZ8FpoK2mBIwal6KYkajFjb

If you need more information please let me know.

My work's firewall blocks google drive links, so I may have to wait until these evening.

Can you take a screenshot of your unity structure for the cow? It sounds like it's not in the right structure, for the script can't find the Animator or other components it's looking for.

I think the problem is that I am not using the AnimationSDX mod so when it does a call to MecanimSDX it is not there. I tried installing the AnimationSDX mod from alpha 16.4 but it gives errors in the SDX launcher. Is there an alpha 17 version of the AnimationSDX mod? Untitled.jpg.2a3d91284c29a0b1dc6429fcdc92e588.jpg

I think the problem is that I am not using the AnimationSDX mod so when it does a call to MecanimSDX it is not there. I tried installing the AnimationSDX mod from alpha 16.4 but it gives errors in the SDX launcher. Is there an alpha 17 version of the AnimationSDX mod? [ATTACH=CONFIG]26208[/ATTACH]

Try these, they have been converted over for A17 and SDX 0.7.3: https://github.com/7D2DMods/SDXMods

You set the game folder to a dedicated server before building?

I set the game directory to the game folder and the second build directory to the dedicated server. Then I clicked build and it worked fine for the regular game folder and it gave the above errors when it got the the dedicated server build.

I set the game directory to the game folder and the second build directory to the dedicated server. Then I clicked build and it worked fine for the regular game folder and it gave the above errors when it got the the dedicated server build.

I'll take a look today :)

mecanim and transmogrifier are updated to work with the need speed modifiers.

Tried to install on the dedicated server installed through the library->tools and downloaded SteamCMD and installed the dedicated that way and ran into the following problem with mecanim on both installs: Untitled.jpg.d8e97ac35a546604b8b5a9018e6ff8b1.jpg

Did you delete the old backup folder before running sdx the first time? I just updated my dedi to the latest exp version, changed the settings to map to the new working folder, deleted the old backup, and it ran correctly. Animationsdx and the transMorg loaded correctly as well.

Archived