Trader always closed - setting it to "trader area = false" does not work.

Robeloto

A very known bug that has been going on forever. So I decided to destroy the traders doors so I won't have to go into debug mode and fly through the walls everytime I want to trade with him.

So I know I have to change the prefab files. So I did edit the settlement_trader_01-05.xmls. I changed the protection values to zero and the trader area to False. Still the trader base is invincible. Is this hardcoded? Cause I have seen others make this work, but I just can't get it to work. I am running on a dedicated server random gen. The traders name is rekt.

Trades are currently glitched. This is a known bug. Trader base will always be invincible, it's how the POI works.

There is a mod that can fix the trader. It was posted here somewhere recently. I'll have to find it again.

Are you talking about Coppi mod? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?44835-Coppi-MOD-New-features&p=461972&viewfull=1#post461972

Did you start a new Game ?

Prefabs are loaded only once the region is generated

I am not quite sure what you mean. Starting new game from scratch? Cause that will prob work, but I cannot imagine it is impossible to fix this without starting over? It has happened before, but the trader eventually did open again. Now he has been closed for several days. I read in a thread that you can remove the protection area from the traders. https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/307926/removing-protection-around-trader-settlements

But I guess this does not work anymore. If the trader was not inside a locked trailer, then I could get to him because it is quite easy to jump over his walls. I built blocks and jumped to a nearby tree and from there I could jump inside the settlement. But coming inside the trailer without using noclip is impossible. That is why I thought it was an "easy" solution to just destroy his doors. Maybe now it is just best to move him just outside from his trailer. I can try installing Coppi mod if I could find where in the thread I download the mod. Maybe I am blind, but I cannot find a download link for it. Just for Allocs modd.

The easyest way would be to spawn a new Static trader in your own base

(Console "dm" and the F6, looking to you and Static spawner. But be carefull because it is hart -> impossible to delete a static trader)

And as i said, Prefabs are only loaded when a Region is generated, changing a Prefab make no difference in a running game at the visited Regions

The easyest way would be to spawn a new Static trader in your own base

(Console "dm" and the F6, looking to you and Static spawner. But be carefull because it is hart -> impossible to delete a static trader)

And as i said, Prefabs are only loaded when a Region is generated, changing a Prefab make no difference in a running game at the visited Regions

Ahh, now I understand what you meant. Yeah, but no way in my own base. xD Thanks for the tip though! :D

Deleting the trader region should work right? But I do not have a clue to know which one is the trader region file. I am losing motivation to play this game, too much bugs and trouble all the time and no fix...

Ahh, now I understand what you meant. Yeah, but no way in my own base. xD Thanks for the tip though! :D

Deleting the trader region should work right? But I do not have a clue to know which one is the trader region file. I am losing motivation to play this game, too much bugs and trouble all the time and no fix...

This will reset the entire region including any structures built in the area near that trader.

1. In your game take note of the exact coordinates of the broken trader.
  2. Shut down your game and back up your save files into a new location.
  3. Delete your game save and start a new one with the exact same map.
  4. Travel to the broken trader in the new game, trader should be working now.
  5. Shut down the game and delete all of the region files.
  6. Restart the game and load all the way into the new save.
  7. Shut the game down again.
  8. Go back into the region folder and the only file(s) created will be the area for your trader.
  9. Copy file(s) and set it to the side.
  10. Delete your new game file.
  11. Restore your old game save into the correct directory and copy the new region file(s) into the region folder to replace your broken one.
  12. Start up the game and go visit the reset trader.
  13. Profit.

This will reset the entire region including any structures built in the area near that trader.

1. In your game take note of the exact coordinates of the broken trader.
  2. Shut down your game and back up your save files into a new location.
  3. Delete your game save and start a new one with the exact same map.
  4. Travel to the broken trader in the new game, trader should be working now.
  5. Shut down the game and delete all of the region files.
  6. Restart the game and load all the way into the new save.
  7. Shut the game down again.
  8. Go back into the region folder and the only file(s) created will be the area for your trader.
  9. Copy file(s) and set it to the side.
  10. Delete your new game file.
  11. Restore your old game save into the correct directory and copy the new region file(s) into the region folder to replace your broken one.
  12. Start up the game and go visit the reset trader.
  13. Profit.

Thanks! I thought this was gonna work for sure. But now I got another problem. Cannot understand why this question mark with white background is there.

abc.thumb.jpg.74787302b93a86725c06f5fe9d5f260a.jpg

The red question mark means the game cannot load a texture/sprite that was called.

Yeah, I understand that. But could not understand why it happened as I did not alter any xml files or any other files for that to happen. So after about 2 restarts of my computer the problem disappeared. So now everything is solved and the trader works perfectly after deleting the corrupted trader region. :)

Easy fix to restore trader without messing with region files or spawning and positioning the guy manually:

ScriptingMod

Go near the trader's building from outside:

Enter: dj-regen

Will regenerate the current chunk, incl. respawing of traders.

You can give coordinates to the command for a larger region.

Note that A16.3 b7 changes world generation, and terrain may be higher/lower if created with an earlier version.

djk

Easy fix to restore trader without messing with region files or spawning and positioning the guy manually:

ScriptingMod

Go near the trader's building from outside:

Enter: dj-regen

Will regenerate the current chunk, incl. respawing of traders.

You can give coordinates to the command for a larger region.

Note that A16.3 b7 changes world generation, and terrain may be higher/lower if created with an earlier version.

djk

Wow, nice mod! Will definitely come in handy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived