Quest Objectives/Reward Type List?

Deeds4life

Does anyone have a list of the different objective/reward types?

Example of what I am trying to do is have a quest where you drink a couple beers and a stripper zombie appears lol.

OMG, yes this is fantastic. make the quest be like a bucket list of things to do. lol

This helps out a bit. Everything looks good except that we can't possibly spawn an entity if I am reading this correctly?

I can set the requirement to buff=buzzed but I'm 99% sure reward item will not apply here. If we can't do this then we need this sent to the top for 16.3! lol

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see any mention of the objective "GoTo" in those old threads. Anyone figure out where the id="trader" is defined?

From the Quest.xml file:

<objective type="Goto" id="trader" value="5" />

I read an old post from stompy regarding the following line of code from the traders.xml file. However I don't think the ids are one and the same. I think its just a coincidence in numbering.

<!-- Rented - Vending Machine -->
<trader_info id="5" reset_interval="-1" override_buy_markup="1.0" override_sell_markup="1.0" allow_sell="false" rentable="true" rent_cost="2500" rent_time="30" />

na that's how it works ;p

it looks like the code does a prefab instance search with a filter of trader to find the nearest trader.

you might be able to target other prefabs by changing the id to a filter that matches another prefab

The value appears to be how close you need to get to the target location

na that's how it works ;p

it looks like the code does a prefab instance search with a filter of trader to find the nearest trader.

you might be able to target other prefabs by changing the id to a filter that matches another prefab

The value appears to be how close you need to get to the target location

I did a small test last night. I commented out all the trader prefabs out of navesgane prefab xml file. Once the quest started there were no errors, however the game was unable to mark any traders on the map.

Have you been able to change the ID to something other than trader successfully and have the game mark it on the map? More testing tonight. Thanks for the info. Stompy!

I haven't tested it, just reading the dll

It should work tho, you could even try * for the nearest prefab of any type :)

Thats great news. Excited to try it out later. This will allow me to make a pretty robust multiple step quest chain involving specific locations.

Its worth mentioning i substituted the word "skyscraper" last night and it did state that in the quest verbiage on the hud. I assumed it didnt work because it didnt show up on the map. Perhaps it didnt show up because one was not close enough to my location based on the specified value.

I haven't tested it, just reading the dll

It should work tho, you could even try * for the nearest prefab of any type :)

Hey stompy,

Good news, is I can get different text to show up on the quest objective on the HUD but it doesn't act as a filter for prefabs. I tried id="Skyscraper" and id="*" and although they show up accordingly on the quest objective HUD, no prefabs are marked on the map and approaching any prefab doesn't trigger a quest completion. Any ideas? Thanks!

9RLSwbz.jpg

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is a little stale, but if any of you are still following it, I have been able to implement Goto quests in a mod that I am working on. The line <objective type="Goto" id="trader" value="5" /> does in fact search nearby prefabs for the string "trader" within the prefab file name. If you look in your prefabs folder, all of the trader POIs are named settlement_trader_XX (replace XX with 01, 02, etc.).

Using the * character as a wildcard as Laz Man did does not appear to work. You need to actually specify a string of characters. If "Skyscraper" didn't work, then it is likely case sensitive, as the prefabs files for skyscrapers are all lowercase.

I am working on an expansion to the White River Settlement quest line that is designed to give the player some sweet gear and then send them right into action. After reaching the trader, it sends you to my custom POI that I called 00_lootcrate01. I used id="lootcrate" in the quest. This is just a small room with some Hidden Stash boxes so that the player can grab some decent gear to start. Next, it sends you to the closest army camp or barracks (id="army"), and finally you need to kill 3 of the fallen soldier zombies. The quest rewards some extra skill points, a gun, and some ammo. It took me awhile to get it all set up, but I just ran through it and everything worked fine.

Here's the code:

<!-- White River Citizen 1 - Journey to Settlement -->
<quest id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen1" group_name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen" name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1" subtitle_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1_subtitle" description_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1_description" icon="ui_game_symbol_map_trader" category_key="quest" difficulty="medium">
<objective type="Goto" id="trader" value="5" />

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="5" />
<reward type="Quest" id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen2" stage="aftercomplete" />
</quest>

<!-- White River Citizen 2 - Journey to Loot Crate -->
<quest id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen2" group_name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen" name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen2" subtitle_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen2_subtitle" description_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen2_description" icon="ui_game_symbol_treasure" category_key="quest" difficulty="medium">
<objective type="Goto" id="lootcrate" value="5" />

<reward type="Quest" id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen3" stage="aftercomplete" />
</quest>

<!-- White River Citizen 3 - Journey to Military Camp -->
<quest id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen3" group_name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen" name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen3" subtitle_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen3_subtitle" description_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen3_description" icon="ui_game_symbol_treasure" category_key="quest" difficulty="medium">
<objective type="Goto" id="army" value="5" />

<reward type="Quest" id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen4" stage="aftercomplete" />
</quest>

<!-- White River Citizen 4 - Put the Fallen Soldiers to Rest -->
<quest id="quest_whiteRiverCitizen4" group_name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen" name_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen4" subtitle_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen4_subtitle" description_key="quest_WhiteRiverCitizen4_description" icon="ui_game_symbol_treasure" category_key="quest" difficulty="medium">
<objective type="ZombieKill" id="zombieSoldier" value="3" />

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="5" />
<reward type="Item" id="gunMP5" value="300" />
<reward type="Item" id="9mmBullet" value="250" />
</quest>

And here is what I put in my quest localization:

quest_WhiteRiverCitizen2,,Quest Info,KgNone,White River Citizen 2/4
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen2_subtitle,,Quest Info,KgNone,Grab Some Loot
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen2_description,,Quest Info,KgNone,"I've got a special mission for you, but first I need you to travel to the nearest Loot Crate and gear up!"
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen3,,Quest Info,KgNone,White River Citizen 3/4
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen3_subtitle,,Quest Info,KgNone,Journey To Military Camp
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen3_description,,Quest Info,KgNone,"There was a military installation not too far from here when it all went down. Rumor has it that some of the fallen soldiers have risen once again. I want you to head out there and investigate."
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen4,,Quest Info,KgNone,White River Citizen 4/4
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen4_subtitle,,Quest Info,KgNone,Lay Soldiers to Rest
quest_WhiteRiverCitizen4_description,,Quest Info,KgNone,"It looks like those rumors were true. I want you to lay those fallen soldiers back to rest. The wasteland will be just a little better off if you can take out at least 3 of them. I might even throw you a little something extra!"

The only issue I have run into was that the army camp didn't always spawn 3 soldiers, so I would need to leave and come back to complete the final phase of the quest.

See it in action:

[video=youtube_share;bDJOQ2lpJmw]

Yeh I'm slated to begin quests soon for the medieval mod and knew this was going to be a code I had to crack... Glad you already did it. =)

...but you know someone is going to come along and be like "yeh, of course that's what that was..." Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

...and has I bothered to read the middle of the thread... Ha.

This is a nice find, I tried some of this before and usually got all kinds of errors, if it actually searches for a string in the filename this means you can really target some specific poi and guide players to places. Like a pond for a source of water, a cabin for a place to stay for the night etc. I may have to experiment with this, as this really opens up the ability to make a proper tutorial to guide (newer) players, or point them to specific targets on the map.

hmmm....I wonder if there seems to be an answer to my problem here when my custom trader could not show up...nice!

If the prefab has "trader" in the name and you have added it to your rwgmixer.xml, it should show up in your world. I tested my trading post by removing all of the vanilla ones from the rwgmixer to make sure the starting quest would point to mine.

This is a nice find, I tried some of this before and usually got all kinds of errors, if it actually searches for a string in the filename this means you can really target some specific poi and guide players to places. Like a pond for a source of water, a cabin for a place to stay for the night etc. I may have to experiment with this, as this really opens up the ability to make a proper tutorial to guide (newer) players, or point them to specific targets on the map.

I had some nasty errors when I first started playing around. I did a search for Military, because there was a Military barracks prefab in my prefabs folder. That prefab wasn't in the rwgmixer file, therefore it wasn't truly in the game. My game hung up and crashed several times before I discovered that the POIs I wanted had "army" in the name. As soon as I changed to army, it worked. I also tried a Navezgane game with the quest pointing to my custom POI that isn't in Navezgane. This did not crash the game, it just didn't give me any map marker for the quest.

I also was thinking of doing a more robust tutorial for newer players because I really struggled with the game the first time I played it. I rage quit and started playing FO4 which had just come out at the time. Got bored of FO4 after awhile and tried 7 Days to Die again. Now I hardly play anything else.

I had some nasty errors when I first started playing around. I did a search for Military, because there was a Military barracks prefab in my prefabs folder. That prefab wasn't in the rwgmixer file, therefore it wasn't truly in the game. My game hung up and crashed several times before I discovered that the POIs I wanted had "army" in the name. As soon as I changed to army, it worked. I also tried a Navezgane game with the quest pointing to my custom POI that isn't in Navezgane. This did not crash the game, it just didn't give me any map marker for the quest.

I also was thinking of doing a more robust tutorial for newer players because I really struggled with the game the first time I played it. I rage quit and started playing FO4 which had just come out at the time. Got bored of FO4 after awhile and tried 7 Days to Die again. Now I hardly play anything else.

I have tested and confirmed this works, when using goto to point to 'cabin' and it pointed me to the nearest cabin poi. Its only a problem if the POI does not exist or is rare in the world. It can really lag out and kill your game if its not there, so you will need to make sure the POI is spawned.

Did you figure out what the value="5" is used for? I think it may be the range it looks in, chunk distance or something?

I have tested and confirmed this works, when using goto to point to 'cabin' and it pointed me to the nearest cabin poi. Its only a problem if the POI does not exist or is rare in the world. It can really lag out and kill your game if its not there, so you will need to make sure the POI is spawned.

Did you figure out what the value="5" is used for? I think it may be the range it looks in, chunk distance or something?

I'm wondering if it might be in km, because in worlds that didn't spawn a lot of traders, I have been sent on quite a hike for that part of the tutorial. I have also noticed in the past that if I moved quite a distance from my spawn point before making my campfire, then I could be standing next to a trader, but the game would send me to one that was closer to where I spawned. I'm wondering if it's measuring distance from your spawn point or bedroll. On the other hand air drops and treasure chests always seem to spawn X distance from current position.

Edit: or it could have been a glitch the time I got sent to a trader that wasn't the closest. In last night's testing, it did a great job of sending me to the closest army barracks that was closest to my current location

I will probably do some testing later on this, it might be KM's, would be a bit weird tho as the treasure chest objective is in blocks, but there is probably something with it, or its just a rule thats not picked up by the code at all.

Let us know what you come up with. I would try it out myself, but I'm into my work week now. Compressed work weeks mean no time to play half the week and all the time in the world on the other half of the week.

Archived