Do zombies still pop up right in front of you?

Stopsign32v

A16 dropped and I started playing. After giving up my badass A15 game.

Anyways I go back to my base to start it again (visitor/information center) and kill the zombies up stairs then go downstairs to kill the remaining sleeper zombies. Everyone is dead except the man in the room with the safe. Wait for him to break down the door and all of the sudden I'm hit from behind by the fat lady. Kill her but go upstairs to get away from her and there are 2 more sleeper zombies upstairs now! I kill one and look back to the fat lady only to notice another sleeper zombie spawn.

/quit game for now

I will pick it back up if this crap gets fixed. Very frustrated!

I tend to have zombies spawn behind me. I really wouldn't change that

There is a bug with zombies spawning in buildings after you clear the room. You go upstairs after you clear the ones downstairs and then you go downstairs and there's some more there.

Sometimes the room is empty on the bottom floor and I clean up top floor and then they spawned on the bottom floor. By then I've cleaned out the top floor and don't bother going back up

I stay in stealth mode all the time and look upon the extra zombies as a leveling opportunity.

A16 dropped and I started playing. After giving up my badass A15 game.

Anyways I go back to my base to start it again (visitor/information center) and kill the zombies up stairs then go downstairs to kill the remaining sleeper zombies. Everyone is dead except the man in the room with the safe. Wait for him to break down the door and all of the sudden I'm hit from behind by the fat lady. Kill her but go upstairs to get away from her and there are 2 more sleeper zombies upstairs now! I kill one and look back to the fat lady only to notice another sleeper zombie spawn.

/quit game for now

I will pick it back up if this crap gets fixed. Very frustrated!

Besides the bug I've read extra zombies can spawn as a kind of punishment before the POI is cleared of sleepers. I have no idea of the specific mechanics on this. I'm thinking this will be nuts when trying to clear a skyscraper unless they do it floor by floor.

During A16 experimental I was sneaking around clearing a POI when a zombie dog sleeper literally spawned right in my face. His face was right in mine. I must have been lucky enough to not have been actually touching him because he didn't wake up. I did just about crap my pants in fright though!

So why aren't the developers addressing this?

Is it a bug? Will it be fixed? Is it suppose to be this way? If so, why?

I just gave up a GREAT game in A15 so pumped to play A16. Loaded A16 and it looks nothing short of phenomenal. Only to find this crap!

I got another one for you. I break into a room so notice a sleeper leaning against the wall. I stealth out of the building saying "Screw that!" only to immediately change my mind and stealth back to the building. Now the sleeper has magically moved across the room.

Come on guys, this is crap.

I believe it's an issue with sleepers spawn and the debs are very aware.

I think the only real alternative would be to go back to an A15 build you liked until it is addressed.

What I have been doing is checking over my shoulder a lot when clearing POIs and using melee to take down respawns.

It is frustrating for sure.

So why aren't the developers addressing this?

Is it a bug? Will it be fixed? Is it suppose to be this way? If so, why?

I just gave up a GREAT game in A15 so pumped to play A16. Loaded A16 and it looks nothing short of phenomenal. Only to find this crap!

I got another one for you. I break into a room so notice a sleeper leaning against the wall. I stealth out of the building saying "Screw that!" only to immediately change my mind and stealth back to the building. Now the sleeper has magically moved across the room.

Come on guys, this is crap.

It's listed in the known issues A16.1 b1.

I believe it's an issue with sleepers spawn and the debs are very aware.

I think the only real alternative would be to go back to an A15 build you liked until it is addressed.

What I have been doing is checking over my shoulder a lot when clearing POIs and using melee to take down respawns.

It is frustrating for sure.

I wouldn't care except my base uses a POI as a....well base.

Yes I know I know the obvious solution, so please don't suggest it. If I don't absolutely have to I'd rather not make my own base from scratch.

I wouldn't care except my base uses a POI as a....well base.

Yes I know I know the obvious solution, so please don't suggest it. If I don't absolutely have to I'd rather not make my own base from scratch.

I am currently using one too. Once I cleared it and then put my bedroll down no sleepers have respawned. I'm now close to Day 14. The only difference between mine and yours I can think of is my POI is a one story building with a ladder to the roof. I am living on the roof.

Last night I played the first mp game ever with a friend of mine and there was alot of "What the ♥♥♥♥?!? where the hell did he come from?" after we kept getting attacked by zombies in a cleared poi, they'd just pop out of no where.

I am currently using one too. Once I cleared it and then put my bedroll down no sleepers have respawned. I'm now close to Day 14. The only difference between mine and yours I can think of is my POI is a one story building with a ladder to the roof. I am living on the roof.

I put my bedroll up stairs and I even put the land claim downstairs. I thought the land claim might be the ticket. No dice... In fact is there a point to it in single player?

I put my bedroll up stairs and I even put the land claim downstairs. I thought the land claim might be the ticket. No dice... In fact is there a point to it in single player?

Yes, it allows you to move your workstations.

Last night I played the first mp game ever with a friend of mine and there was alot of "What the ♥♥♥♥?!? where the hell did he come from?" after we kept getting attacked by zombies in a cleared poi, they'd just pop out of no where.

It ruins the game and makes it unplayable to me. IF you play this game "realistically" then it simply ruins it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah

Thinking: The only other option I could do is get the dimensions of the information center and I guess build my own base. But that would take forever at the beginning.

It ruins the game and makes it unplayable to me. IF you play this game "realistically" then it simply ruins it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah

Thinking: The only other option I could do is get the dimensions of the information center and I guess build my own base. But that would take forever at the beginning.

You could build something small with flagstone to live on and then either expand it over time or work on a larger separate base.

Dude, did you even BOTHER to look at the known issues list?

Yes, this is annoying. Yes, cleared POIs still keep spawning sometimes, and yes sometimes bedrolls don't stop that.

I always used the same POI as a base for the last several alphas as well. Now I wouldn't live in one for anything. Built a whole new base, new design, and actually I like it better. Time to alter your play a bit until they fix it.

Flagstone is easy to make and upgrade to cobblestone, which will easily get you through the first few hordes until you can make concrete. You can easily make a 7x7 or 9x9 tower with an iron truss catwalk and surrounded by spikes by day 7.

Which should not even be needed as it has to be a station you built now, its stupid to need a landclaim block down as well. The skill check is already there. Before in A15 you could just pick up any you find, so they made it only one you placed, which should have been enough didn't need the silly landclaim block down part too.

- - - Updated - - -

You could build something small with flagstone to live on and then either expand it over time or work on a larger separate base.

Or just go to the desert and dig down to bedrock with a stone shovel as unless you hit a ore vein its a 50 hp block all the way down.

Dude, did you even BOTHER to look at the known issues list?

Dude, can you EVEN COMPREHEND?

By me saying "Do zombies still" that right there points out that I knew it was a prior problem when I typed that.

Don't like sarcasm? Don't dish it out. Rude ass

Which should not even be needed as it has to be a station you built now, its stupid to need a landclaim block down as well. The skill check is already there. Before in A15 you could just pick up any you find, so they made it only one you placed, which should have been enough didn't need the silly landclaim block down part too.

I like the ability to move my forge and stuff. Once I get my second floor built, I move everything upstairs for safety's sake.

Flagstone is easy to make and upgrade to cobblestone, which will easily get you through the first few hordes until you can make concrete. You can easily make a 7x7 or 9x9 tower with an iron truss catwalk and surrounded by spikes by day 7.

I think this is the route I will be going. Wooden floor with cobblestone or flagstone walls. It probably won't go well but we will see. No nice cabinets, stoves, or fridges anymore. :(

Or just go to the desert and dig down to bedrock with a stone shovel as unless you hit a ore vein its a 50 hp block all the way down.

I don't ever plan to have another underground base. Makes the game too easy IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the ability to move my forge and stuff. Once I get my second floor built, I move everything upstairs for safety's sake.

Makes sense honestly. First floor can be used as a foundation then.

I just wish I could see a pattern to their magic respawning. I cleared probably five or six dozen houses by now and they only respawned right away in a few of them. Needless to say, always when and where I wasn't looking :)

• 11 months later...

This is indeed really annoying

If this is intended is really annoying and unfair, the last time I played I went to the back door of a weapon shop looking everywhere around me checking for sleepers/animals and at the first hit to one of the metal panels an infected bear spawns with a pack of dogs right behind my back and punches me, stunned and bleeding i try to run but obviously i got outrunned and killed.

If this is intended is really annoying and unfair, the last time I played I went to the back door of a weapon shop looking everywhere around me checking for sleepers/animals and at the first hit to one of the metal panels an infected bear spawns with a pack of dogs right behind my back and punches me, stunned and bleeding i try to run but obviously i got outrunned and killed.

That was a wandering horde, that probally came in from the same way you did. afaik, zombie bears don't spawn as sleepers, dogs do, but its usually one, and only in certan POI's. Alot of the wild west type houses tend to have a dog in them, I know the Lathan hardware often has one behind the door on the first floor, or behind the counter as you go for the stairs, or on the 2nd floor, same for the pharmacy in the western towns, very often a dog in there somewhere.

You got ganked by a wandering horde, the dog/bear one is notorious for being able to sneak up behind you. Their actual spawn point is actually rather far away from your location then they run in a mostly straight line to where you were where it spawned. I've been killed by the dog/bear or wolf wandering hordes more than once. Or had jump scares when I am walking around at night and suddendly see a horde of them running right beside me, not close enough to aggro me as I usually crouch at night, but still pretty damn close.

As for the sleepers yeaaah, I've had times where I cleared the floor, then I loot something and next thing I know I got a zombie smacking me from behind that shouldn't have been there as I already wiped them all out.

Archived