A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

Tin: I need your advice. I am still working within the vanilla rules for rwg, I got the terrain height , biome placement, and larger POI's after about 200 + re renders. What i would like to know is how do I add more streets. I have enough space between streets to place and entire park. I'd like to add a few streets for my specific Poi placements. Ive plyed within street gen and can extend them but then i end up with wasted space. I even placed a few of the nav only pois in random gen, But I cant figure the variables for extra streets.

Link->https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?65174-Hub-street-layout-adn-what-the-commands-mean

Yeah, the terrain can cause you road layouts to crumble into themselves. Be prepared for many more re renders when developing a road layout system for your hubs :)

*Hint* repeating patterns. Try to develop road systems that can build repeated patterns. It's the best I can give ya really because there's really no 1 thing I can point at to get it to develop with a sure fire way.

I tried this now and it seems to work once again, so great job, and here's my combined tribute cheersnodwink:

ubernod.gif

You mentioned you're working on decorating biomes, maybe you find something usefull here:

https://pastebin.com/UGSXgD4M

Decorative plants that don't grow and drop fibers, and burning stuff. Looks pretty neat imo, maybe you can use some of that. I also have a whole bunch of prefabs that are just one painted block, such as destroyed so-and-so, neat for terrain decoration as well, if you're interested, I can make a package for download.

I tried this now and it seems to work once again, so great job, and here's my combined tribute cheersnodwink:

ubernod.gif

You mentioned you're working on decorating biomes, maybe you find something usefull here:

https://pastebin.com/UGSXgD4M

Decorative plants that don't grow and drop fibers, and burning stuff. Looks pretty neat imo, maybe you can use some of that. I also have a whole bunch of prefabs that are just one painted block, such as destroyed so-and-so, neat for terrain decoration as well, if you're interested, I can make a package for download.

Sure! More stuff I have to play with the better, always like new toys :) Already have a link to the current biomes decorations I have done in the OP along with a new weathersurvival.xml tweaks if you want to check them out.

I will set up the download later this day. About weather: Another bit I never cared about - is there a way to have thunder and lightning 24/7 (in a certain biome)? Weathersurvival is practically a joke atm, so I don't care about it, but thunder and lightning create a pretty neat atmosphere, would use for a biome. If possible, without rain.

I will set up the download later this day. About weather: Another bit I never cared about - is there a way to have thunder and lightning 24/7 (in a certain biome)? Weathersurvival is practically a joke atm, so I don't care about it, but thunder and lightning create a pretty neat atmosphere, would use for a biome. If possible, without rain.

Not entirely sure but something like that has happened in my current game, with the lightning and no rain. I would need to play around with it but you can set a specific biome type to have almost constant rainy/wind/stormy weather every time you enter. I *think* the lightning storm stuff needs certain weather conditions like a 100% clouds and rain though.

Would be cool if we could get lightening to start fires or strike players or blocks or zombies lol

Yeah, that's one thing I would like too see get get lifted from minecraft and put into 7d2d :)

Status update:

Developing some new hub layouts to get a different feel and look between Rural/Towns and cities. Instead of just having them use the same rules and looking similar but only in different sizes. Also playing with trying to get a mostly down town hub to build so we can get something like the a full city with a little residential... may take a bit for a mostly city feel since it's looking like I need to develop a separate poi list as well and adjust some prefabs.

Not entirely sure but something like that has happened in my current game, with the lightning and no rain. I would need to play around with it but you can set a specific biome type to have almost constant rainy/wind/stormy weather every time you enter. I *think* the lightning storm stuff needs certain weather conditions like a 100% clouds and rain though.
You (sometimes?/always?) get rainless storms on horde-night-days, which makes a really nice atmosphere. I might play with weather, but currently I'm experiencing that weird phenomenon of a todo-list that just won't get shorter. Did you know you can color zombies now? With tint? Doesn't seem to work with the animals, though, how rather unfortunate. You can even color hair and rest of the body differently in many cases...

Anyways, here's the download for the 1-block-prefabs, there's a .txt file in the archive with code for the xml.

The prefab-naming convention is like so:

kubikus_deco_1976_r8_150

First number is the id of the block in blocks.xml

Second number is the texture it is painted with

r8 means that it's rotation #8 of the block, which makes sense for some shapes; if it's not there, rotation is #0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhsc7q9nkhqj0qb/Deco1blockPrefab.rar?dl=0

Made with Pille's prefab editor:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)

I'll add more such blocks every now and then, some more stone-textures, and iron and wood.

You (sometimes?/always?) get rainless storms on horde-night-days, which makes a really nice atmosphere. I might play with weather, but currently I'm experiencing that weird phenomenon of a todo-list that just won't get shorter. Did you know you can color zombies now? With tint? Doesn't seem to work with the animals, though, how rather unfortunate. You can even color hair and rest of the body differently in many cases...

Anyways, here's the download for the 1-block-prefabs, there's a .txt file in the archive with code for the xml.

The prefab-naming convention is like so:

kubikus_deco_1976_r8_150

First number is the id of the block in blocks.xml

Second number is the texture it is painted with

r8 means that it's rotation #8 of the block, which makes sense for some shapes; if it's not there, rotation is #0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhsc7q9nkhqj0qb/Deco1blockPrefab.rar?dl=0

Made with Pille's prefab editor:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)

I'll add more such blocks every now and then, some more stone-textures, and iron and wood.

Sweet! I'll give them a looks over and see where I can put them. xD I got stuck on make new street layouts today. I have a set of 5 so far that are a nice addition to the one I am using currently.

I want to say that I love this RWG ruleset. Icant wait to see what your added street layouts look like. I also hope that you will soon integrate the CompoPack POIs into these for added variety.

I wanted to show what this created with the No Water RWG file. I tweaked a couple of settings...

I changed the Map generation distance to 20000, cause my people like to roam.

I cut back the skyscrapers from 12 to 8

I played with the biome spawn rules to tweak the range of each showing up.

<biome_spawn_rules>

<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">
		<biome_generator range="0,0.2"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="plains">
		<biome_generator range="0.2,0.4"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.4,0.5"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.5,0.9"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland">
		<biome_generator range="0.9,1"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">
		<distance_from_center range="20000,21000"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="pine_forest">
		<terrain_generator range="50,70"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="snow">
		<terrain_generator range="70,255"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="water">
		<terrain_generator range="-31,-1"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

</biome_spawn_rules>

The initial generation of the HubCellData files took around 3 hours before all 169 of them were done and the sever was playable, but the results were amazing and worth the wait.

I have since been running visitmap commands to pregenerate and show more of the map...out to around 10k in each direction so far. (i dont recommend this for everyone since it has created region files around 10GB so far...and that is about 1/4 the expanded map)

Here is a link to see the live map and zoom into the detail: RazorTalon Map

Thanks again for the awesome work.

I want to say that I love this RWG ruleset. Icant wait to see what your added street layouts look like. I also hope that you will soon integrate the CompoPack POIs into these for added variety.

I wanted to show what this created with the No Water RWG file. I tweaked a couple of settings...

I changed the Map generation distance to 20000, cause my people like to roam.

I cut back the skyscrapers from 12 to 8

I played with the biome spawn rules to tweak the range of each showing up.

<biome_spawn_rules>

<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">
		<biome_generator range="0,0.2"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="plains">
		<biome_generator range="0.2,0.4"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.4,0.5"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.5,0.9"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland">
		<biome_generator range="0.9,1"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">
		<distance_from_center range="20000,21000"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="pine_forest">
		<terrain_generator range="50,70"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="snow">
		<terrain_generator range="70,255"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="water">
		<terrain_generator range="-31,-1"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

</biome_spawn_rules>

The initial generation of the HubCellData files took around 3 hours before all 169 of them were done and the sever was playable, but the results were amazing and worth the wait.

I have since been running visitmap commands to pregenerate and show more of the map...out to around 10k in each direction so far. (i dont recommend this for everyone since it has created region files around 10GB so far...and that is about 1/4 the expanded map)

Here is a link to see the live map and zoom into the detail: RazorTalon Map

Thanks again for the awesome work.

Glad you're enjoying it and I should have some of the new hub entries soon -ish. I'll ask about the compo pack as soon as I get the hub additions done and ready to go. Then once I get the OK to add the compo pack I'll release a new set for both the water and no water versions.

In the final steps of testing everything out. Got the new Hubs and cell system in. Itemized all the poi's to better represent each category Rural/Town/City ... yeah that took a bit. :p

Just waiting on if Mag will let me add his compo pack and I'll have something out when I get the thumbs up or not soon after.

Awesome! If you add his compo pack won't you have to categorize those as well, or did he already do that?

Hehe, I've been already playing with the compo pack on my personal build. So it's already set to go and since I just got the ok I already altered the OP and installed the new link :)

I just started a build with your Water RWG file, Biomes, Weather, and Compo Pack installed...I will let you know how it goes.

So Excited.

Sweet! Hoping for the best :) Pls let me know for sure about the the added landscape additions and how they play for you. pls and thx :)

edit: I just want to get a feel if you and others think if it's too much or just right type o thing.

Question.. if our home server is vanilla, will adding this to my personal pc break using the server, or will it just use the vanilla stuff?

If you have the server using a separate rig then it shouldn't. If your server is on the same rig your using for both you will need to swap your config folder or the rwgmixer file.

We use a surface 4 pro for our server, so I should be good.

Just to be clear.. I want your july 24th rwg, and the latest compo pack, correct?

EDIT: And also the new biomes and weather.. are the changes for that detailed anywhere?

Also, are you getting thread notificaions? Mine have been busted since the forum hack.

We use a surface 4 pro for our server, so I should be good.

Just to be clear.. I want your july 24th rwg, and the latest compo pack, correct?

EDIT: And also the new biomes and weather.. are the changes for that detailed anywhere?

Also, are you getting thread notificaions? Mine have been busted since the forum hack.

Yep for the July 24th and I'll soon be cleaning up the OP in a day or so to make it easier to navigate (I hope).

No I don't have anything detailed on the biome and weather survival changes.

No I haven't been getting them either.. kinda a pain in the butt.

for the biomes I do have some pics https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?67996-A16-(stable)-rwgmixer-re-done-top-to-bottom!-(refined)&p=697047&viewfull=1#post697047

[Help request]

Hello,

I searched the forums, learned lots about rwgmixer and editing.

But, im imposible to make this.

My goal is to make a normal seed size 5, i dont care about mountains, water, etc. I use default values; but i want only 1 central city, huge, only 1.

I already managed to make bigger cities with lots of different prefabs, but no matter what, i cant seem to make only 1 spawn and in the center.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or have a template to start from, i would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Applied the new water RWG with compo pack last night to my dedicated server. Our group hasn't played in quite some time and we're trying out the new stable release. The build took around 20 minutes to complete with a newer i7 and 16Gb of RAM. The world and features look great, the one town I found filled out nicely. I was just starting to read up on how to adjust the RWGmixer myself to help fill out the world a little better than vanilla, when I saw you've got most of the work done already.

Luckily we were only a few hours into our new playthrough when I found this. It took awhile to manually port our base and items over to the new map (seems to be no easy way to 'move a base' between maps like using MCedit on minecraft) so I didn't have much time to play, but I built a small outpost outside of the city and the performance was good while throwing things together and moving the items. Started and stopped the server several times during the transfers and the load time was no more than normal after the initial build.

Impressive rebuild of the RWG. Appreciate the efforts!

Hello,

I searched the forums, learned lots about rwgmixer and editing.

But, im imposible to make this.

My goal is to make a normal seed size 5, i dont care about mountains, water, etc. I use default values; but i want only 1 central city, huge, only 1.

I already managed to make bigger cities with lots of different prefabs, but no matter what, i cant seem to make only 1 spawn and in the center.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or have a template to start from, i would really appreciate it.

Cheers!

As of right now you can't position your cities like you used to, to appear in a designated cell dead center.

You can kinda trick the system by making a smaller map and hope that it forces a hub to place more towards the center of 0,0

Then the other hopes will come into play:

Hope, That there's no mountains or rough terrain towards the center.

Hope, The street system starts and completes itself (based off of terrain).

There are other things to hope on but you get the point that it's a roll of the dice so to speak.

Your best bet (imo) is check out StompyNZ api mod. AND also check out what Slaan is doing with his "Project Slaanhatten" thread.

Link to thread -> https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37578-Project-Slaanhatten

Slaan is the guru (and the ppl who help) about handcrafting cities and placing them in the game.

Hope that helps you out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Applied the new water RWG with compo pack last night to my dedicated server. Our group hasn't played in quite some time and we're trying out the new stable release. The build took around 20 minutes to complete with a newer i7 and 16Gb of RAM. The world and features look great, the one town I found filled out nicely. I was just starting to read up on how to adjust the RWGmixer myself to help fill out the world a little better than vanilla, when I saw you've got most of the work done already.

Luckily we were only a few hours into our new playthrough when I found this. It took awhile to manually port our base and items over to the new map (seems to be no easy way to 'move a base' between maps like using MCedit on minecraft) so I didn't have much time to play, but I built a small outpost outside of the city and the performance was good while throwing things together and moving the items. Started and stopped the server several times during the transfers and the load time was no more than normal after the initial build.

Impressive rebuild of the RWG. Appreciate the efforts!

Thanks! appreciate the kind remarks :)

Archived