Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

***Just Tip***

////

3. Enter 'prefabupdater createmapping NameOfYourPrefab' (NameOfYourPrefab without the file extension .tts). Warning: The built-in converter still has bugs, so this point may require some addition steps.

////

If You encounter possible problems with the conversion your prefab from A16 to A17, the solution may be to load the prefab and save it again using the old built-in editor from A16.

(when saving, it skips unknown blocks and parameters that interfere with the сonverter)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

@Guppycur

Those are just zoning groups.

The quests are the quest types.

Unsure what you are after.

That was the type of information I was looking for ;) :

Possible values of QuestTags (from the .dll) are: none, quest, trader, clear, fetch, hidden_cache

@n2n1

***Just Tip***

If You encounter possible problems with the conversion your prefab from A16 to A17, the solution may be to load the prefab and save it again using the old built-in editor from A16.

(when saving, it skips unknown blocks and parameters that interfere with the сonverter)

Ok thanks man. I am still not ready to convert my prefabs but I'll keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

Changelog v0.56 (Dec. 25, 2018):

- reactivated xml reading and writing

- added button 'copy to replace'

- fixed: texture replacing in exchanger

I am afraid the auto updater is disabled in v0.55. Go to Options -> General -> 'check for updates at start up' to enable it (restart of the editor required). Or click Options -> Force update to receive the update.

Edit:

Changelog v0.56(b) (Dec. 25, 2018):

- fixed 'copy to replace' button

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Update time!

Changelog v0.56 (Dec. 25, 2018):

- reactivated xml reading and writing

- added button 'copy to replace'

- fixed: texture replacing in exchanger

I am afraid the auto updater is disabled in v0.55. Go to Options -> General -> 'check for updates at start up' to enable it (restart of the editor required). Or click Options -> Force update to receive the update.

Edit:

Changelog v0.56(b) (Dec. 25, 2018):

- fixed 'copy to replace' button

Pille's I made a prefab with the ingame editor, then used your Program to do the sleepers. After it saved everything looked fine but now I cannot open up the ingame error after the save. gives an error "input string was not in the correct format: s.Length==0"

If I remove the prefab that was saved with your program, it works just fine again but the prefab of course in not in the folder.

Pille's I made a prefab with the ingame editor, then used your Program to do the sleepers. After it saved everything looked fine but now I cannot open up the ingame error after the save. gives an error "input string was not in the correct format: s.Length==0"

If I remove the prefab that was saved with your program, it works just fine again but the prefab of course in not in the folder.

Ahh there are no default values for the spawn counts. I am going to fix this with the next update. In order to get rid of the issue, enter a minimum and max. spawn count (see red arrows in the screenshot below).

FqL36UR.jpg

(v0.53) (A16 Version) - Air blocks being Replaced

I'm using the (v0.53) (A16 Version) of this editor. no I have not updated it as I dont know if this will update it to the a17 version or not.

i'm having an issue with airblocks in the prefab being replaced with terrain blocks or other blocks already present when I import the prefab.

I understand this issue may be caused because i'm using a diersville cityblock prefab base as the prefab. so I edited that prefab to include 25 blocks of air above the city block layer, and another 5 below it. i also added stainless steel 50 columns aroudn the perimeter as a fence. regardless of these edits, when i import the edited version of the prefab, any air blocks present in the prefab will contain any terrain blocks they were meant to replace.

is there a setting or something i dont know about because i'm a noob with pilles?

please see:

Hi,

go to the Xml tab and make sure that 'Copy air blocks' is checked:

CdSogDv.jpg

I'm using the (v0.53) (A16 Version) of this editor. no I have not updated it as I dont know if this will update it to the a17 version or not.

A17 version should be backwards compatible with A16 but I haven't tested it yet.^^

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

some other issues with the latest build

See images these sections are too small or the incorrect size to see what they are

Top of program in the middle

Ok, will be fixed in v0.57.

is there a way to make ruler lines horizontally or vertically, or at least a dot in the center? If not, that would make it fab. being able to easily locate the center of the project would be a nice addition.

This feature is not implemented yet but I'll do my best... Just need more time to fix the broken functions (broken due to the changes in A17) . :)

what do i need to export a prefab from a map?

I am not really a pro with ingame editor. There might be more efficient ways to export:

- Press F1 to open the console

- Type dm and press enter

- Close the console (press escape)

- look at the ground and press z to spawn the blue export box

- press and hold g and then click and drag the arrowheads to change the position of the box

- press and hold shift + g and then click and drag the arrowheads to change the size of the box

- press escape and click on export prefab to export every inside the box

- press backspace to get rid of the box (thank you ecv)

Edited by Pille
included ecv's hint (see edit history)

Ok, will be fixed in v0.57.

This feature is not implemented yet but I'll do my best... Just need more time to fix the broken functions (broken due to the changes in A17) . :)

I am not really a pro with ingame editor. There might be more efficient ways to export:

- Press F1 to open the console

- Type dm and press enter

- Close the console (press escape)

- look at the ground and press z to spawn the blue export box

- press and hold g and then click and drag the arrowheads to change the position of the box

- press and hold shift + g and then click and drag the arrowheads to change the size of the box

- press escape and click on export prefab to export every inside the box

- press backspace to get rid of the box (thank you ecv)

thanks. i'm working with a16. so the older version of the editor as well because, i dont want to chance that its not recursive. whenever you get to the rulers/guides/centermark at this point, it would be a nice feature. BTW the circle selector is also broke, or at least i cant use it. also z export is not working in 16. I know there is a thread out there that provides a mod to enable it, i cant find that thread again. so i used BC manager, it took a bit because BC kept throwing errors. but i got the homestead project finished, imported for finishing touches, exported and added water and now its.. just dandy and waiting for players on my server, should they be inclined to homestead.

also, i wonder.. i know there is a way to convert a16 prefabs to work with a17, but is there a way to reverse this and convert a17 prefabs to work with a16? I would love to spawn one of the Victorian homes and rebuild it fsag while we serve up an a16 map, and i have at least 1 player who prefers to live in them.