[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

O and in other news. If all goes well I should have the test server up by this weekend for people to check out the new skill tree and building system.

Since its close I can give a few details.

All quality based items have their own crafting skill. So crafting a Stone Axe only makes your Stone Axe better and after a set number of Stone Axes you will not get XP for making them.

No building material upgrades or downgrades into another. So wood only upgrades to wood not Scrap Iron.

New building Paths-

Sod -> time->Hard Sod

Log -> Log Cabin

Frame -> Wood -> Wood+Wood -> Metal Banded Wood

Frame -> Cobblestone

Frame -> Modern Brick

Form -> Concrete

Frame -> Reinforced Concrete

Frame -> Scrap Iron -> Reinforced Scrap Iron

Frame -> Steel -> Stainless Steel

Each building path also has a corresponding crafting skill and unique Disassembling Tool. The tools for each will be an open recipe. To learn the frames of a building path you must use the tool on that type of block in the world to harvest upgrading material from them (like cobblestones or Bricks). After you have gained enough XP harvesting supplies you will be able to purchase the frames. After you have more XP in that building Path Skill you will be able to purchase the upgrade material so you can make it from scratch and not scavenge it all.

The goal is to make a skill tree that’s less a skill tree and more a record of what you have done. So instead of you hitting player level 10 and unlocking the Wooden Doors Recipe and just buying it you will have to work with wood either disassembling POI wood blocks or building and upgrading wood building blocks to gain access to the Wooden Door. This will also mean a player does not have to learn things in order or at all if they choose. You don’t have to level a wood working skill to learn stone. You could just build one of the Stone Building Path Tools and starts taking apart stone walls and completely skip wood.

This will also make group play even more interesting because if another player spends their time hunting or farming or doing something different than you they will have different recipes and be crafting better quality of certain items than you. So maybe someone who has leveled farming trades a Blade Smith a bunch of aloe for a nice quality Axe or Sword. Or maybe a hunter that has stocks of animal parts trades a Steel builder for a couple Steel Doors.

We are trying to go full RPG on the next build. We hope to have a good story line quest and player back stories built in to RWG also.

That sounds damn interesting.Hope you will get done soon and release the update.

/regards

Flanders

@Flanders72-

This is for the A16 True Survival Mod. It will not be updated to the current SDX or JZMOD version. We have a lot of work to do for A16 to get the Mod finished so we are starting early on the parts we can. This will only be available on the test server until the A16 mod is finished.

I highly doubt anyone from TFP even read anything in the Mod section or even if they did I'm pretty sure we would get the same response as always.

"Don't report bugs from Modded games"

Didn't you just say it was a bug from vanilla ?

So therefore....

Everyone on my server just lost all of their bases. No errors or anything in the logs, but I was not present when it happened. This is multiplayer and it happened to everyone that built a base and not to people who took over a POI.

Any chunk with a base has been reset

Im loading from a backup and PRAYING that it salvages this. I wish i could be f more help but since it happened to everyone. It happened after we applied the new patch and booted the server up if that helps.

I'll note that when it happened to me yesterday, my current base was a POI.

Also, I'm playing singleplayer, not on a server.

@Tetrameth-

Yes I did but that is me quoting what TFP say not myself. They don't care if its a known bug they still will not take a bug report from you if you say you have modded your game at all.

Which comes from the same train of thought that I will be using in A16 by keeping the WIP on the server and only releasing after its balanced and finished.

Hello

I am still looking for a true survival server. The brotherhood server has to easy settings but i do have a good connection on it. I tried Jaxtellers server, great server and nice people and i liked it but unfortunatly my connection to it is very bad, unplayable at times.

Do you have a server Darkklotz? and if so would you mind if i tried it out? also would like to know the settings.

Thank you in advance :)

Ps! Damn you Spider for shutting your server, only server i found with settings to my liking and a playable ping! Looking forward to when you open it again. But you better guard your base because i will make it my mission to turn it into one of my Leftoriums:)

Yes, wolverine and klotz have a server it has same settings as spiders its on like day 40.

O and in other news. If all goes well I should have the test server up by this weekend for people to check out the new skill tree and building system.

Since its close I can give a few details.

All quality based items have their own crafting skill. So crafting a Stone Axe only makes your Stone Axe better and after a set number of Stone Axes you will not get XP for making them.

No building material upgrades or downgrades into another. So wood only upgrades to wood not Scrap Iron. Blocks with multiple upgrades will not break back into its many stages. Instead the blocks health will accumulate on the current block and when broken turn to a frame.

New building Paths-

Sod -> time->Hard Sod

Log -> Log Cabin

Frame -> Wood -> Wood+Wood -> Metal Banded Wood

Frame -> Cobblestone

Frame -> Modern Brick

Form -> Concrete

Frame -> Reinforced Concrete

Frame -> Scrap Iron -> Reinforced Scrap Iron

Frame -> Steel -> Stainless Steel

Each building path also has a corresponding crafting skill and unique Disassembling Tool. The tools for each will be an open recipe. To learn the frames of a building path you must use the tool on that type of block in the world to harvest upgrading material from them (like cobblestones or Bricks). After you have gained enough XP harvesting supplies you will be able to purchase the frames. After you have more XP in that building Path Skill you will be able to purchase the upgrade material so you can make it from scratch and not scavenge it all.

The goal is to make a skill tree that’s less a skill tree and more a record of what you have done. So instead of you hitting player level 10 and unlocking the Wooden Doors Recipe and just buying it you will have to work with wood either disassembling POI wood blocks or building and upgrading wood building blocks to gain access to the Wooden Door. This will also mean a player does not have to learn things in order or at all if they choose. You don’t have to level a wood working skill to learn stone. You could just build one of the Stone Building Path Tools and starts taking apart stone walls and completely skip wood.

This will also make group play even more interesting because if another player spends their time hunting or farming or doing something different than you they will have different recipes and be crafting better quality of certain items than you. So maybe someone who has leveled farming trades a Blade Smith a bunch of aloe for a nice quality Axe or Sword. Or maybe a hunter that has stocks of animal parts trades a Steel builder for a couple Steel Doors.

We are trying to go full RPG on the next build. We hope to have a good story line quest and player back stories built in to RWG also.

Very nice, hope the pimps get 16 out soon.

- - - Updated - - -

In case your wondering, this is Spider telling me "I told you so"..... Still, if this leads TFP to address the error in the base game, or at least communicate that the resetting of chunks is intentional and offer some log error message that would help modders to trap what initiates the chunk reset, that would be worth getting yelled at :untroubled:

Yea, well at least you didnt have to listen to him go on about the uses of redwood trees ahahaahahhahaaaa:highly_amused: well, i didnt really listen:blabla:

Hello

Sounds promising. Could you post the ip please, and do i need a password or is it open to anyone?

Regards,

Flanders

its called the dead shall rise and its open

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, if anyone has submerged towns/pois stay away from them and warn your players to stay away from them. They can cause havoc up to and including your savegame being snafu.

Ok I told you to stop feeding the strays or they will never leave. I have went through all posted output logs and read all post about this player resetting problem and unless someone has anymore information to prove differently this is the same player corruption bug that has been present and still is(obviously) in the vanilla base game. This is not caused by the mod or made worst by the mod.

Non of the changes done to this SDX branch of the mod would effect any of this.

Adding upgrade path to a block does not break saves

Changing the materials used to upgrade a block does not break saves

Changing the HP of a block does not break saves

Changing what a block upgrades into does not break saves

Changing Recipes does not break saves

Changing a blocks material does not break save

I could go on.

This is the negative side of modding a Alpha game where the base game has known bugs that are years old. These exact reports are all over the Forums. From Console to PC to other mods it is reported everywhere. This is nothing new. Server owners know that occasionally a player will get corrupted and need to be deleted or they can break a chunk of the map or the entire save game if they continue to try and log in. It has been like this for at lest 4 alphas. This is not a new bug. Please remember this is an Alpha game, it has tons of known and un known bugs. If you are going to invest time in a game that's got bugs you need to be responsible on your end. BACK UP YOUR SAVES AFTER EVERY GAME SESSION.

Wow... Seriously? I have NEVER ever in my 2 years of playing this game ever had a server completely reset bases. Not until now. You can be in denial all you want about it, but the problem is only going to get worse as you throw more stuff at the wall and hope that it sticks.

Feeding the trolls? Where do i even begin. BAD attitude to have when I have just PROVEN it is something to do with all of these wild west changes to stations and blocks. And its not only me. There are at LEAST 5 others who have had this happen since the Crowbar update, and this wasnt just ONE chunk getting reset, it was EVERYONE who built a base on my server, something that has NEVER happened before in any of my games, including your mod before April 24th-ish.

You even have someone with KNOWLEDGE in this sort of thing in sphere pointing it out but you can dismiss that as well. Im content locking this on my server as of today. I cant afford to lose my server retention to things like this. If it wasnt the mod then rolling back to 3 days ago would not have corrected the issue. We havent seen ANY issues since rolling it back to 2 patches ago, when all of this started. One player sure its a bug, but 5 or more in both SP and MP?

PS - It isnt the player corruption bug as NO ONE on my server reset, only the chunks that the anvils and forges were in.

2017-04-27T14:09:06 10280.468 INF Saving 169 of chunks took 299ms

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

keeps popping up... is the game lost?

Its all in your head. *waves hand* This isnt the battle you are looking for

its called the dead shall rise and its open

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, if anyone has submerged towns/pois stay away from them and warn your players to stay away from them. They can cause havoc up to and including your savegame being snafu.

It wont show up on my list when i do a search. Could you post the IP please.

Regards,

Flanders

Wow... Seriously? I have NEVER ever in my 2 years of playing this game ever had a server completely reset bases. Not until now. You can be in denial all you want about it, but the problem is only going to get worse as you throw more stuff at the wall and hope that it sticks.

Feeding the trolls? Where do i even begin. BAD attitude to have when I have just PROVEN it is something to do with all of these wild west changes to stations and blocks. And its not only me. There are at LEAST 5 others who have had this happen since the Crowbar update, and this wasnt just ONE chunk getting reset, it was EVERYONE who built a base on my server, something that has NEVER happened before in any of my games, including your mod before April 24th-ish.

You even have someone with KNOWLEDGE in this sort of thing in sphere pointing it out but you can dismiss that as well. Im content locking this on my server as of today. I cant afford to lose my server retention to things like this. If it wasnt the mod then rolling back to 3 days ago would not have corrected the issue. We havent seen ANY issues since rolling it back to 2 patches ago, when all of this started. One player sure its a bug, but 5 or more in both SP and MP?

PS - It isnt the player corruption bug as NO ONE on my server reset, only the chunks that the anvils and forges were in.

FYI, I had it happen on my single player, 2-3 days into the game, I was FAAAAAAR from getting an anvil/forge, so it had nothing to do with placing those items if that is what you are implying.

FYI, I had it happen on my single player, 2-3 days into the game, I was FAAAAAAR from getting an anvil/forge, so it had nothing to do with placing those items if that is what you are implying.

I never said player data reset, im saying three players had both a forge and an anvil in their base, those bases disappeared. Others didnt. Some bases were fine but did not have both a forge and anvil. I reverted the patch to a backup i made from 3 days ago. I restarted the world and the bases that were missing are now back.

It may be a vanilla issue/mechanic with chunks resetting, I am saying that it has never happened before, in Starvation, Valmod, Walkers, Vanilla and experimental in all the time I have been running servers. It happened here for the first time. Is it the mod? 80 percent sure of it as i have never seen it before. Is it the station changes? Cant tell for sure because of the crap output log Pimps are running with. Evidence supports that the problem happened after the patch, upon restart and with bases with anvils and forges in it only.

Am i saying this is gloom and doom for everyone? No. But to dismiss it as absolutely not being the mod is foolish and a big mistake if the plan is to keep building off it. There was clearly an issue 3-4 days ago because all of these posts began popping up. They didnt just ironically happen to several people at once and the coincidence fairy didnt just happen to break down in the vicinity of this mod. There is a reason.

All i can do is wish everyone else luck and hope it doesnt happen to you. Because if it does, I guess the attitude is tough s@#t.

I discovered a duplicate AI-task in Tara, who most of the followers extend from. I have no idea if a duplicate AI task causes any issues, but who knows. There are two other duplicate AI tasks, one in each of the new boomers, but I doubt anyone has seen those yet. All three will be fixed in the next patch, but if you are manually patching your server as a caution (I'm looking at you Jax) I'd fix Tara ASAP. For what its worth, I have the wander AI task commented out from all the followers on my server, as on weaker cards, any movement from followers kills the frame rate. No idea why, but it does.

I hope this helps.

I never said player data reset, im saying three players had both a forge and an anvil in their base, those bases disappeared. Others didnt. Some bases were fine but did not have both a forge and anvil. I reverted the patch to a backup i made from 3 days ago. I restarted the world and the bases that were missing are now back.

It may be a vanilla issue/mechanic with chunks resetting, I am saying that it has never happened before, in Starvation, Valmod, Walkers, Vanilla and experimental in all the time I have been running servers. It happened here for the first time. Is it the mod? 80 percent sure of it as i have never seen it before. Is it the station changes? Cant tell for sure because of the crap output log Pimps are running with. Evidence supports that the problem happened after the patch, upon restart and with bases with anvils and forges in it only.

Am i saying this is gloom and doom for everyone? No. But to dismiss it as absolutely not being the mod is foolish and a big mistake if the plan is to keep building off it. There was clearly an issue 3-4 days ago because all of these posts began popping up. They didnt just ironically happen to several people at once and the coincidence fairy didnt just happen to break down in the vicinity of this mod. There is a reason.

All i can do is wish everyone else luck and hope it doesnt happen to you. Because if it does, I guess the attitude is tough s@#t.

I'm not saying 'its not the mod', in fact, I personally have a strong suspicion its the mod as well. I have never had anything like this happen whilst playing vanilla over thousands of hours. But I also need to very strongly punctuate that I have reservations in saying that, as I am not very knowledgeable in this debugging area, and also no matter the amount of time I have been playing, there is a chance [albeit a pretty small one] that I have not driven vanilla into the precise scenario that caused the same problems in the mod.

So please let me clarify, you think the problem I had is a completely different and unrelated issue to the one you had?

Guys, please chill. I am supporting this current release and will continue to go through this mod's code, line by line, looking for anything out of the ordinary. If I find anything I will patch it immediately. Nothing more can be done than what I am doing. What you can do is backup your saves as often as possible.

Thank you for your continued support of this mod.

can u guys ditch the "lag biome" in the new Alpha it always screw the perfect start city in my games

even if i am in base if a turn to the side of the banana/oasis biome it halfen my framerate

i like the asthetic and the aligators but man its to much lag

I'm not saying 'its not the mod', in fact, I personally have a strong suspicion its the mod as well. I have never had anything like this happen whilst playing vanilla over thousands of hours. But I also need to very strongly punctuate that I have reservations in saying that, as I am not very knowledgeable in this debugging area, and also no matter the amount of time I have been playing, there is a chance [albeit a pretty small one] that I have not driven vanilla into the precise scenario that caused the same problems in the mod.

So please let me clarify, you think the problem I had is a completely different and unrelated issue to the one you had?

I do if only because yours was a player reset at the beginning of a game, we have had the same world for about 2 weeks now and are on day 214 ish and it literally happened to everyone on the same update and reboot. Player levels were not rest or wiped, ONLY the world chunks the bases were in.

I know what you were saying, and im sorry if i came off as not believing you or saying you were wrong. It is entirely possible it may both be related, but I and others suspect it was a chunk reset in the world due to some bug in a blocks. It may not even be a game breaking bug, but since we do not know how RWG handles error chunks we have no clue what exactly to look for.

- - - Updated - - -

I discovered a duplicate AI-task in Tara, who most of the followers extend from. I have no idea if a duplicate AI task causes any issues, but who knows. There are two other duplicate AI tasks, one in each of the new boomers, but I doubt anyone has seen those yet. All three will be fixed in the next patch, but if you are manually patching your server as a caution (I'm looking at you Jax) I'd fix Tara ASAP. For what its worth, I have the wander AI task commented out from all the followers on my server, as on weaker cards, any movement from followers kills the frame rate. No idea why, but it does.

I hope this helps.

Will do xyth, and I wasnt throwing that attitude your way just so you know. I fully believe you are doing everything you can.

Hello

Sounds promising. Could you post the ip please, and do i need a password or is it open to anyone?

Regards,

Flanders

68.38.225.121 port 26900

- - - Updated - - -

So... How about those saints? Will they make the playoffs this year?

Off topic, i think we need a moderator in here ahahahaahahahahhaaaahaaahaahhah :focus:

Archived