[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Oil Refinery Issue: the countdown timer for recipes being produced in the Oil Refinery only proceed while a player is actively in that workstation screen. If you step away from the Oil Refinery it pauses any timer process until you return. None of the other workstations behave this way so i wanted to check if this was intentional or if i am having an isolated problem in my game.

if someone else could test and verify the behavior i would appreciate it.

That's kind of cool. I don't know how its happening, it shouldn't be able to do that but I kind of like it. Everyone is always saying how it breaks immersion to let a table do all your work while your away. If I can figure out how to replicate the bug maybe we could add it and balance it into other workstations. By this I mean lower craft timers by a lot but require you are doing the work standing there. So to make Planks on the Wood Working Bench you would have to stand there but they would take about 1/3 the time it takes now. So workstations wouldn't be for off putting work but for doing more advanced items and doing normal things super quick but you would have to stand there? Thoughts?

ATTENTION OFFICIAL SERVER PLAYERS!!!! ATTENTION OFFICIAL SERVER PLAYERS!!!! ATTENTION OFFICIAL SERVER PLAYERS!!!!

The server is getting close to 1000 days. I dont think anyone can say the map was not left up for players to build and play for as long as possible. Especially since we have not had any unintended Map wipes because of modding this Build. But all good things must come to an end. Work has begun in earnest on A16 True Survival and a safe place is needed to test and balance the new Mod. That is the purpose of the Official Server. Only after the Mods completion is the Official Server left open for long term games at all other times it is the Test Server for the coming build. So this is to inform all Official Server Survivors that the Map will be wiped latter today and the password changed for testing. If you cant live with out your build and its truly a existential crises I can package the save file and post it so you can continue your game else where. If you want this please let me know. A new Client Pack download will be made and available for any player that wishes to join the Test Server. This will not be available through the Mod Launcher and the server password will change every time the Test Mod is updated. The new password will always be available in the fresh copy of the Test Mod along with a change log of the current changes.

With this Alpha being the first Alpha that True Survival will have more people working on it than just me, I think we are in the processes of making something truly unique. The small, basic, core changes we are making and incorporating completely in to the Mod is going to make the next build something very special and different from Vanilla and all other Mods. Once the sever is switched over and the SDX Mod finished off, True Survival forum activity will switch back over to the non SDX mod Thread for A16.

SDX MOD

The team is hard at work finishing off any balancing problems and fixing any lingering bugs we are able to in the SDX version. No new content will be added to the SDX mod from here on out. Unless A16 takes longer than expected and we finish debugging and balancing a new feature that can be easily transferred to the SDX build. So if you have any bugs get them posted with detail soon.

P.S- Bonus XP

We have the Bonus XP thing fixed and it will be in a patch later to day. The problem was it was giving bonus skill XP along with Zombie killing XP and it should not have been. We are removing the Horde bonus XP and will be doing that by making the zombie in hordes give more XP balanced with normal XP zombies. We will still keep X2 night bonus JUST on the XP earned from the Zombie for killing it, nothing else should get a bonus. In A16 this will be ingrained more deeply by reducing the XP earned from zombies in the daytime when they are slow.

Here is an ncr ranger:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/809928961042463630/0AB068FA9584D4AB8D61543E22954258E93FBFA1/

There will be much more variety in npcs coming to future iterations of the mod, both allies and enemies. There will be rogue army, mad scientists, police remnants, a variety of profession type npcs, and who knows what else. Some easter eggs perhaps.

Verified. I am currently "waiting" for 265 minutes to make gasoline from oil shale. The craft timer will only run down while I am in the workstation, so I spend just over 2.5 minutes per 100 gas then leave and do something else.

Might want to check the Metal Workbench for building a screwdriver also. I thought I saw on Adreden's video the same countdown issue. I haven't gone back to watch the video yet though, but I'll check here shortly myself.

EDIT: Yes, building a screwdriver on the metal workbench also requires you to be in the workbench to make the craft timer count down. I have not tested for other items on the metal workbench yet.

Yes, double verified, It also doesn't require power (It should, makes sense The refinery that is)

Refinery makes sense to be automated, workbenches not so much. but the power requirement For sure does.

It usually takes SDX a while to be updated with a each new Alpha so we will be trying something on our own to start with. We will see how it goes. But no I doubt it will be SDX at lest at the start and maybe not need to be depending on how testing goes. Thats why we want to get started early.

I had a campfire disappear which was placed on a the roof of a shamway in a single player game. It happened after resuming a savegame on a new game/char build, happened on the first night as well.

Bit unfortunate as I had just run down to the lake and filled up a bunch of jars to boil in the pot I was lucky enough to find. :(

So I leave my tower unfinished... But frankly, a part of me is glad I now have an exuse not to continue. I became tired of adding floor after floor. So I tried to blow it up, but even without pillars it refuses to collapse. The blocks do collapse though when I walk on them. This is the final pic:

20170422161023_1.thumb.jpg.0369912f1bd5790823aa275bbb8d6f02.jpg

Oil Refinery Issue: the countdown timer for recipes being produced in the Oil Refinery only proceed while a player is actively in that workstation screen. If you step away from the Oil Refinery it pauses any timer process until you return. None of the other workstations behave this way so i wanted to check if this was intentional or if i am having an isolated problem in my game.

if someone else could test and verify the behavior i would appreciate it.

Yes, its pausing when your not in it. Just found the bug and have a fix, but we may just make that workstation require power instead unless you show me where the crank is ;-)

Oh, we have a new Refinery model? Looks great! And that explains why my old refinery not working. Also can you look into Chicken Coop? People report that its last stage is broken. Or they cannot figure it out how to do it. Haven't tried myself.

In case this is still an issue, I found that if the cage has damage, even 1 point, it wont "tick". So use a hammer and grass to repair it and it should progress normally.

Ooh man damn =( i was really enjoying my time on the server. And i cant seem to find another server with the same settings, the servers i can find all have it on much easier settings. If anyone know of a server please let me know =)

Regards,

Flanders

I just tried quitting and reloading the game, and now it has decided to completely reset my char back to another start position, erasing all previous progression in the game so far.

Weird, and pretty annoying...

This happened to me the other day too.

but I was on day 44 and it was my whole base that was reset.

So I leave my tower unfinished... But frankly, a part of me is glad I now have an exuse not to continue. I became tired of adding floor after floor. So I tried to blow it up, but even without pillars it refuses to collapse. The blocks do collapse though when I walk on them. This is the final pic:

Very impressive.

@xyth

4 items I found today that do not have a scrap option

keypad

shaver

toy motor

3ds

Just retested and confirmed these items scrap in the current game version, even on a new character with no class selection.

hi Everybody.

I just read moments ago that the server will be wiped soon. I'm really said, because we had a great play in last weeks on this server. I hope you can install and test with A16 asap and start a new server.

I'll check back time to time, best regards until that.

PS: I had sound issues in the last week. All voices was really low and I don't know why. It was really annoying, because we use Discord to chat and that sound was really loud usually, even try to lower it.

PS: I had sound issues in the last week. All voices was really low and I don't know why. It was really annoying, because we use Discord to chat and that sound was really loud usually, even try to lower it.

The relative volume level for voices over the ambient sounds and sound effects are set in the options when you launch the game. Check if something changed there and/or reset to default and test.

haha. this is where nerdpoling is actually useful. go into fly mode, and build a pole straight up touching the building. it'll tell the physics there is no ground, and it'll collapse. (only in parts though, youll have to keep doing it)

Various bugs

So I have been playing on this playtrough for a while, and at random points during the game I get these error message when trying to interact with different workbenches.

Upon getting them I would restart the game and it wouldn't happen in x amount of time.

And then today I got a different error message and stuff starting going wrong.

Where there used to be roads there suddenly a grass field, all the holes from explosions in other roads were fixed, and my old base with some stuff in was just the old house that used to be there.

I restarted the game and on launch I started with a new character on day 35(They day I was on)

I started playing with this new char and when I got to my first town I met this invisible, glitching in-and-out running tank zombie(Quite honestly scared the living poop out of me)

7daystodiebug3.jpg.875aa98ac7f64760bbaf324fcf708dcd.jpg

7daystodiebug.thumb.jpg.206cd4efa09bcc0e3870ca9b0c646942.jpg

7daystodiebug2.jpg.e2d9fb4fd5ab70ba2d2e0bd04bbee884.jpg

haha. this is where nerdpoling is actually useful. go into fly mode, and build a pole straight up touching the building. it'll tell the physics there is no ground, and it'll collapse. (only in parts though, youll have to keep doing it)

You can still nerdpole and fly in godmode.

Archived