[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Spider, could you please mod in a wave of exploding baby zombies on horde night? :) Would it also be possible for zombies with helmets on to not take extra damage to the head? *call them baby bunker busters

I thought I saw a baby bomber crawling towards a town near you in the Dev build, so keep an I out for it to arrive shortly.

It is not possible at this time to control localized damage on zombies. So armor will apply to the entire zombie or not at all. So if someone is building an ironman zombie for use in this mod, please include the helmet ;-)

I thought I saw a baby bomber crawling towards a town near you in the Dev build, so keep an I out for it to arrive shortly.

It is not possible at this time to control localized damage on zombies. So armor will apply to the entire zombie or not at all. So if someone is building an ironman zombie for use in this mod, please include the helmet ;-)

Lol, i told spider this weekend, intentionally vague like the pimps hahaaaaaa. If someone else is on it, let me know.:canada:

Couple of questions and a possible bugs:

Q1: Can anyone confirm Treasure hunter perk is working.

I have purchased all 3 levels, but it seems my notification range is still a 15 block circle. Where as the perk states it should be 1.

Q2: Was the Z used as a screamer changed to a different Z type, I am in an area where I keep hearing one scream and I have killed nearly 50 zombies but I can not find the screamer to shut her up.

B1: New loot item "Old TypeWriter" doesn't have a scrap option. (Should it)?

Thanks in advance.

Couple of questions and a possible bugs:

Q1: Can anyone confirm Treasure hunter perk is working.

I have purchased all 3 levels, but it seems my notification range is still a 15 block circle. Where as the perk states it should be 1.

Q2: Was the Z used as a screamer changed to a different Z type, I am in an area where I keep hearing one scream and I have killed nearly 50 zombies but I can not find the screamer to shut her up.

B1: New loot item "Old TypeWriter" doesn't have a scrap option. (Should it)?

Thanks in advance.

On Q2, please try this out for me: Make this change in the progression.xml and test:

<perk name="Treasure Hunter" icon="treasure" description_key="treasureHunterDesc" title_key="treasureHunter" max_level="3" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="2" group="scavenging">

<effect name="TreasureRadius">

<setvalue perk_level="0" value="9" />

<setvalue perk_level="1" value="5" />

<setvalue perk_level="2" value="3" />

<setvalue perk_level="3" value="1" />

</effect>

</perk>

Change to:

<perk name="Treasure Hunter" icon="treasure" description_key="treasureHunterDesc" title_key="treasureHunter" max_level="3" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="2" group="scavenging">

<setvalue skill_level="1" value="5" />

<setvalue skill_level="2" value="3" />

<setvalue skill_level="3" value="1" />

</effect>

</perk>

Only change is replacing the work perk for skill in those 3 spots only.

Let me know if that works.

Yes, the old typewriter should scrap to mechanical parts, will look at that next.

Hi i am having a weird bug it's happened twice now both times i have gotten to around 5 days or so on this current one i am on day 6 and now it is almost unplayble due to lag and sometimes things going black currently it was about 830 game time and im at the forest trader sign says open and it bounces me out like it was closed the doors unlocked etc. i loaded up a differnt version of the game with a different mod and it loaded and played smooth and i got to day like 14 with the 100 days mod so not sure what i could do to try to fix that

On Q1, please try this out for me: Make this change in the progression.xml and test:

<setvalue perk_level="1" value="5" />

<setvalue perk_level="2" value="3" />

<setvalue perk_level="3" value="1" />

</effect>

</perk>

Change to:

<setvalue skill_level="1" value="5" />

<setvalue skill_level="2" value="3" />

<setvalue skill_level="3" value="1" />

</effect>

</perk>

Only change is replacing the work perk for skill in those 3 spots only.

@ xyth

Updated and restarted server still same issue diameter of treasure indicator is still 18 vox

I also looked into another mod I have used in the past and it is the same as you had me change it to.

Is there another file that works in conjunction with "progression" that I need to change?

Yes, the old typewriter should scrap to mechanical parts, will look at that next.

If you need a working example, check my dev repo. You may need to change the Forge category. There should be a wildcard forge recipe for Mechanical parts, a material with the forge category of mechanical parts, and mechanical parts and the object being scrapped must both scrap to the same category. Also be sure there aren't any schematics or awarded recipes for mechanical parts. That messed me up when trying to make alternators scrap for electrical parts.

Treasure Hunter Perk is working in my game currently. Nice small area to search using Lvl 3 perk.

Still hoping for a fix to barbed wire repair asking for forged iron (it only takes scrap iron to build the thing initially).

Are the compact driver assembly parts super rare or end game type loot? I don't think i have ever seen them and the lack of a driver in my metal workbench is starting to annoy me.

Treasure Hunter Perk is working in my game currently. Nice small area to search using Lvl 3 perk.

Still hoping for a fix to barbed wire repair asking for forged iron (it only takes scrap iron to build the thing initially).

Are the compact driver assembly parts super rare or end game type loot? I don't think i have ever seen them and the lack of a driver in my metal workbench is starting to annoy me.

The compact driver receiver and parts are not in the loot table, so, yeah, kinda really very rare... <sorry>

The full compact Driver is a much less rare drop, however, but still pretty darn rare.

Will add those parts in for the next patch.

I found a sort of cheat item when i used a crowbar on an anvil (it may have been from something else though).

It's called a handboomer and when i use it, a raider will talk, set me on fire and suddenly i have 3x movement speed.

I will regret this post as its super useful when you have a broken leg, but i really want a challenge out of this mod.

I'm not able to test it on the server, but i'm going to post it anyway.

Removing an anvil with a crowbar gives an item named "handboomer". And even my forge next to the anvil got destroyed.

Now that's funny! I bet your character looked like Wile E. Coyote when that went off. Hummmm, watch out for more sabotaged items and weapons in a future patch, Meep Meep!

Hi,

The chance to find compact driver components is low? Is it any connection with scavanging skill?

By the way, yesterday I found a little improvement regarding in zombies, they spawned more in daylight. It was weird, but seems more realistic :)

Think I found a BUG

I just did a full reset, started from scratch. I'm unable to complete the starter quest to build a stone axe as the quest requires 2 sticks. So far I have yet to find a single stick, only wood branches... this also affects crafting of arrows.

Yet I've already crafted several wood axes :)

Loving the challenges this MOD brings!!! Keep up the great and stressing changes

Cheers :beer:

Seems like sticks are now wood branches, but lots of things still require sticks. Can't progress at all, is there a way we can patch that on our own somehow?

Hi,

The chance to find compact driver components is low? Is it any connection with scavanging skill?

By the way, yesterday I found a little improvement regarding in zombies, they spawned more in daylight. It was weird, but seems more realistic :)

Zero chance currently to find driver parts. Zero. Will be fixed in next patch.

Can't place "Metal working bench" states it has to be next to power line or generator.

Have tried it next to small gen while it is running or not still can't place it.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something else?

Also z corpse collected from cars when dropped look like small Z dolls, is this expected or is there an aspect ratio problem?

When dropped you cant dismember like normal Zeds

(harvest/destroy)

Can't place "Metal working bench" states it has to be next to power line or generator.

Have tried it next to small gen while it is running or not still can't place it.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something else?)

It's a little weird it will only place on a certain side of the work bench.

Was the bear trap changed? I think it needed the speed with which it trapped animals needed to be reduced, but I just went 4 days and got nothing - never even went off to reset.

edit: In case it matters, in a single player game it was producing an animal or needed to be reset every 3 or 4 in-game hours. In my mutiplayer game after the recent update, it went 4 days and nothing.

Bug: Antler icon from deer not showing up. some only stack to two? Some stacked up to 6? Could not tell if they were different antlers.

Adobe still only has 100 durability - is this by design?

Bandits seem to shoot but don't hit or attack the player. I followed one and just cut him up with a stone axe - I took zero damage as he just stood there cursing me.

Spider (Creator) - A lot a bit of everything

Xyth - Coder, Icons, Mod Designer

Jeoshua- .dll Coder, Mod Designer

Darkstardragon- UMA Zombies Creater, Official Server Admin

Unlike Them - Tester, Official Server Admin

My apologies to these people above. I often let Spider know how much I enjoy his mod yet I forgot that others are involved who make it the best 7DTD mod out. So thanks to you all and others who contribute. You have made 7DTD the best $10 bucks I ever spent on a game. I have five kids, a growing counseling practice, and I'm wrapping up my Master's degree. This game has been a fun and welcomed distraction. You guys should really be working in the gaming field professionally with your creative talent. Have a great Easter, God bless.

Seems like sticks are now wood branches, but lots of things still require sticks. Can't progress at all, is there a way we can patch that on our own somehow?

The most recent update changed the wood harvesting system. You can scrap branches (or any of the tree products) into sticks now. The logs have recipes turning them into the old style wood item we were used to. The narrow log is 1>10 ratio with the larger log providing 1>20. While i like the change in general it does add yet another crafting timer you have to wait out. Are there any plans to have a workstation that can convert logs into wood/lumber? Like a Table Saw workstation? That way you could at least have it converting while you do other stuff.

Archived