[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Good work Jeoshua!

This mod should be implemented in the vanilla game as a difficulty level, called "The way it's meant to be played."

More people would play it and soon realise how easy and boring vanilla playthroughs are.

Looking forward to see you in a new episode, Skippy! :)

Didn't use nerd polling so removing it is not an issue, as long as ladder issue is fixed i'm happy.

Another thing to look at would be being able to access items from outside a room by knocking a hole in the wall, like workbenches etc.. and looting from outside the room, so you have to get in the room to use items and therefore have the right tool to do so.

Just a thought.

WOW. lol. All this frustration. You all do realize that Madmole has said this feature is coming to the vanilla game, maybe even in A16. There is no logical lagetamet reason for a player to be able to jump in the air and build beneath their feet. That's just ridiculous and to argue to have it brought back is even more ridiculous. And yes a player can still build 2 towers and walk back and forth to get up to high places. But that is not building beneath your feet while you float in the air and takes more resources and time to build. Jeo went and made an exception for when the player was swimming so that this would not effect players trying to build underwater. We will simple ask Jeo to see if he can add another exception to check to see if the player is on a ladder, problem solved. Lets please try and stay calm and rational and not lose our heads every time an exploit is removed from the game.(I even had players message me and demand the Raiders XP be raised back up so the could usre them to power level)

100% agree with this. Nerd poling is lame as hell and should be removed from the game imo

Anyone having issues with deer/stag, pig.

Have all the latest updates, killing and skinning bear gave resources as usual.

Rabbits working as usual.

Stag and pig are giving no resources.

Destroying body after harvest also gives no resources.

You didn't use the new client DLL on the server, did you? That new DLL is was made for client-side and was not added to the server github server files.

- - - Updated - - -

I will take a look at the trees globably soon. I noticed the same thing before but learned which trees to bother with and which ones were not work the effort to chop down.

Yeah, i had a feeling the best trees were young trees, thought they may be young apple trees or something, perhaps they drop around the same amount of wood as the mature tree, but dont have the same hitpoints. might be worth checking, i did report this earlier as well alongside a picture

Oh, we have a new Refinery model? Looks great! And that explains why my old refinery not working. Also can you look into Chicken Coop? People report that its last stage is broken. Or they cannot figure it out how to do it. Haven't tried myself.

i have had no such problems with the chicken coop, and i have taken it right through to the last stage... only that its pretty useless unless you really hate collecting feathers from nests.

The time it takes to just pop out and grab 30 feathers in comparison to the cost/time it takes to make them in the chicken coop is just off the scale. I can see it perhaps being of use on a server where there is nothing left to loot, but most of the time loot respawn takes care of nests pretty well in cases such as this, and i'd also then miss out on all those lovely scavenging points during nest raiding.

I haven't used the final stage for anything else [eggs/meat i think] but considering the stupid amounts of meat the field knife brings in, i also wouldn't bother with this feature.

I like the idea of it, but it doesn't work for me.

Maybe the meat you gather in the wild is lower quality with little or no wellness gain and the meat you gather from the coop is higher quality.

Honestly I would love for wellness to be detached from food. Or at least have enough negative wellness to counter the flood of positive wellness.

Can confirm this on our dedicated. Killed a pig earlier, no meat. Killed a zombie chicken got feathers and zombie meat. Seems regular animals are not giving resources.

its pretty useless unless you really hate collecting feathers from nests.

I like the idea of it, but it doesn't work for me.

Yep, I feel the same about fishing. Great idea, but it's 100x simpler to get meat from a few bear traps and feathers from plastic/nests. Even with no respawn, feathers are plentiful. I would need a massive farm to generate the feed necessary to raise chickens for feathers quicker than I can if I go nest/plastic hunting. I can see a use for them if you are building a settlement - raising chickens is the way to go. Just not in this game as it stands. Fishing can work, but seems odd that lures are not more permanent and I need to bait them with a worm everytime. I would prefer more permanent lures (maybe they have a 2% chance to be lost or something) and lower catch rate. As it stands, fishing is way more intense than hunting deer - and both are far inferior to just using bear traps.

Can confirm this on our dedicated. Killed a pig earlier, no meat. Killed a zombie chicken got feathers and zombie meat. Seems regular animals are not giving resources.

Looking through the xml for entityclasses I am not sure why this isn't working.

The layout for the stag and pig are the same as the rabbit which is working:

beginner, hunter, butcher (assuming butcher is butcher knife since there isn't a butcher profession, follows up with destroy section).

@Spider,

Poultice still does nothing for the oozing wound.

Why is this bug not hot fixed? It prevents anyone stung from playing.

Thanks you for the work around but not everyone is going to edit their xmls. I've edited them but they just get overwritten or the game just won't launch.

Also using Poultice should return jars.

Thanks.

Does anyone have Icon for Carrots and some other stuff like that? or have those not been added yet?

Also here is a video of the sound bugs i was talking about.

It happens only on a handful of guns. I can find out which ones it does it on if you;d like

There are Bucks and hogs in game that look like stags and pigs but will attack when damaged. The meat not dropping is a bug and the fix is in the next build.

Woo! Gotta say, the step up from the stone age to the iron age is satisfying. Finding that much iron was a challenge that took me a while, but it really pans out to feel quite rewarding when you finally get the 1200 iron needed for your first anvil and are able to finally get your hands on some MANLY TOOLS.

On a different note: Is it intentional that candles do not emit any light when placed? I'm severely lacking in lighting around my base because the only light sources available consume a lot of fuel and have a tiny radius of emitted light.

Archived