[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

I have the healing buff on at all time and the warm by fire buff. It does not actually heal me or warm me though, its just there. I cant however heal up by eating food. I can heal with bandages and painkillers etc.

Not sure what kind of information i need to provide to help you find the cause.

regards,

Flanders

Warmed by fire buff is gone now.

Warm by Fire buff working on campfire and forge, just tested those 2 so will need more info as Spider requested as we cannot reproduce it. Aslo would be helpful to know how you initiated the healing buff that you say is stuck on you. eating? medKit?

Mod Update-

Player and Server .xml and icon update. Player .dll update

Save Game Safe!

Lowered Food drops on Zombies

Increased Stone axe damage to Hay bales

Lowered Weapon and Tool action XP

Removed all player stats from tattered clothes

Added 2 new Mean Animals a Buck and a Boar. They do not attack you on sight but they don’t take any ♥♥♥♥ from you either. Mean animals spawn same places their normal twins spawn.

Started work on the Spawning/Zombie rework

Biome Zombie Spawns have been redone to give more diversity in the type and look of zombies spawning.

Meaner night time zombies in harder biomes

Re did animal biome spawning

Good old Spell Check to some of the files too

Xyth has started piling up the junk with a healthy stack of 46 new Junk items. No longer will you find scrap of any kind in loot containers now you will find random pieces of junk that can be scraped into all types of things.

Added new scrap material system for Electric Parts, Electronic Parts, Mechanical Parts and Scrap Rubber.

Fixed Crowbar it’s working good now

Changed spider bite to -1 water per 30 sec for all 3 stages

Changed the way NPC's spawn. This should make them much rarer.

.dll fixes-

Crafting Lag Fix: Fuel, Workstation, and Output modules no longer update recipe list

Search Lag Fix: Recipe searches will wait until the third character has been entered to begin searching

Particle Fixes: Items will use their surface category for particle generation, instead of their material name

Zero means Zero: Damage Bonus of 0 against any material means that you literally do no damage. There is no minimum of 1 damage, any more.

Materials Hit Back: Punching objects with "Hardness" over 1 does damage to the hand. Objects with a "Damage" property add that in to the total.

Anti-Nerdpole: You must have your feet firmly placed on the ground before placing blocks. You can still attempt, for items, but they will break.

Spawn Distance Increase: All spawns (except Blood Moon) should generate farther away

**Known bug Electronic, Electric and Mechanical Scraping not working correctly (its xyth’s fault)

Thanks for making such a great mod, it makes the game a lot more addictive, satisfying, and challenging.

I've come across some issues, I'm not sure if these are base game issues or mod issues sorry, but I didn't notice these issues before playing the mod:

1. If you drink a can of cooked water from the campfire screen, the can disappears and you don't gain hydration.

2. I was getting attacked by the 7 day horde, they had a good go at trying to rip apart the nice house I had found while I sat on the roof and looked down through the glass windows on the roof. I quit the game to go back to reality, and went I went back into the game the horde had disappeared, and at daybreak there were only about 12 corpses for me to loot.

3. I quit the game just after an air supply drop, when I went back into the game the supply drop was no longer marked on my map.

Anti-Nerdpole: You must have your feet firmly placed on the ground before placing blocks. You can still attempt, for items, but they will break.

This breaks the ability to place ladders while on a ladder. I'm trying to fill in a missing ladder in a 1x1 ladder hole and it's completely impossible.

Here just do the red-

item.xml

<item id="3010" name="Poultice">
     	<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Health/gauze" />
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />
	<property name="Material" value="cloth" />
	<property name="HoldType" value="16" />
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="5" />
	<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false" />
	<property class="Action0">
		<property name="Class" value="UseOther" />
		<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />
		<property name="Use_time" value="..." />
		<property name="Gain_health" value="0" />
		<property name="Gain_food" value="0" />
		<property name="Gain_water" value="0" />
		<property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_bandage" />
		<property name="Debuff" value="[color="#FF0000"]Stinger[/color]" />
       </property>
	<property class="Action1">
		<property name="Class" value="Eat" />
       </property>
	<property name="Group" value="Medicine" />
	<property name="DescriptionKey" value="PoulticeDesc" />
	<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Medicine" />
	<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Medicine" />
	<property name="ActionExp" value="10" />
</item>

Thats it

This breaks the ability to place ladders while on a ladder. I'm trying to fill in a missing ladder in a 1x1 ladder hole and it's completely impossible.

Does it also break the ability to place a block next to and behind you while on a ladder. this is how i make most of my shafts.

Does it also break the ability to place a block next to and behind you while on a ladder. this is how i make most of my shafts.

Yeah, you can't place anything, because the game thinks you're in mid-air. Hopefully, thers a way to fix this. The anti-nerd pillering really isn't doing much, instead of 10 blocks to pillar, it cost 20 not really a big deal. I like the idea, but I don't think there's really a way to stop a player from nerd pillering in a voxel game.

Yeah, you can't place anything, because the game thinks you're in mid-air. Hopefully, thers a way to fix this. The anti-nerd pillering really isn't doing much, instead of 10 blocks to pillar, it cost 20 not really a big deal. I like the idea, but I don't think there's really a way to stop a player from nerd pillering in a voxel game.

Hmm it pains me to say this but I cant support this change. It breaks WAY too much and to me it seems like a change where the negative effects of this far outweigh the positives. This change breaks base building in many ways as well.

I get the desire to stop nerd poling, but there are others ways such as removing the ability to pick up frames. I get it, i hate people who try to overcome obstacles and take shortcuts as well. But to sacrifice ways of building JUST to stop those players to me is an absolute detriment to the mod. when you start punishing normal players to spite the few it ruins the experience for everyone.

How do you expect admins to repair buildings? Replace blocks? How are people supposed to build ladders that go more than 3 or 4 blocks if they cant be ON the ladder to place them? Let alone create long mine shafts surrounded by concrete or even wood if you cant place any blocks while on them? It was bad enough when the punching change wound up breaking damaged blocks in the world, as an admin I cant even describe what a nightmare that is for myself and for other players this has affected. Now the changes are directly effecting normal player activity.

Dont be like Starvation. Know when to say when.

Here just do the red-

item.xml

<item id="3010" name="Poultice">
     	<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Health/gauze" />
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />
	<property name="Material" value="cloth" />
	<property name="HoldType" value="16" />
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="5" />
	<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false" />
	<property class="Action0">
		<property name="Class" value="UseOther" />
       </property>
	<property class="Action1">
		<property name="Class" value="Eat" />
       </property>
	<property name="Group" value="Medicine" />
	<property name="DescriptionKey" value="PoulticeDesc" />
	<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Medicine" />
	<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Medicine" />
	<property name="ActionExp" value="10" />
</item>

Thats it

@Spider

Having issues with the changes getting reset - I'll have to wait for the patch I guess.

Also, the glass jar should be returned after use.

Update is excellent so far for me. All of the new misc loot adds a lot of personality to the world and the new creatures look good (holy ♥♥♥♥ that spider got me when I first ran into one). Their bite is a lot less rage-inducing now thanks to the nerf. Ironically I was finding a lot of canned food on zombies tonight despite the lowered food drop.

Not sure how common they're supposed to be, but spiders may be too common, might be me, but I ran into 3 of them in 2 hours.

Hope I never have to deal with a spider horde. *shivers*

Zombies not Attacking?

We installed this on our server and everything runs good except the npc's will not hurt the zombies (they do attack them just no damage) and you can walk up to a zombie and they will chase you but not hit you. Everything else works, you take damage from falling, hitting things, and hunger and thurst. You can also attack the npc's and the same they will not fight back. Still a very fun mod and hope to be able to play it.

Hmm it pains me to say this but I cant support this change. It breaks WAY too much and to me it seems like a change where the negative effects of this far outweigh the positives. This change breaks base building in many ways as well.

I get the desire to stop nerd poling, but there are others ways such as removing the ability to pick up frames. I get it, i hate people who try to overcome obstacles and take shortcuts as well. But to sacrifice ways of building JUST to stop those players to me is an absolute detriment to the mod. when you start punishing normal players to spite the few it ruins the experience for everyone.

How do you expect admins to repair buildings? Replace blocks? How are people supposed to build ladders that go more than 3 or 4 blocks if they cant be ON the ladder to place them? Let alone create long mine shafts surrounded by concrete or even wood if you cant place any blocks while on them? It was bad enough when the punching change wound up breaking damaged blocks in the world, as an admin I cant even describe what a nightmare that is for myself and for other players this has affected. Now the changes are directly effecting normal player activity.

Dont be like Starvation. Know when to say when.

not disagreeing with you, but I'd like to know how " I get it, i hate people who try to overcome obstacles and take shortcuts as well" re: nerd poling.

it's a survival game. so you're telling me, in the same situation, trying to stay alive. you wouldn't spend a night on the rooftop safe away from running zombies to stay alive. I don't think it's lazy, I think it's called smart. lazy would be ~ dm g. that's lazy. nerd poling is a legit way of survival. if i can pile ♥♥♥♥ on each other to get on a roof away from a flood, wild animals, a mob, zombies, ANYTHING I'm going to do it. in real life, or in game!

No, apparently this triggers people for some reason, but its the whole function OF A VOX GAME. removing nerd poling to me is like removing fliers from ark. it doesn't make it more challenging, it makes it more frustrating. even in ark you jump on a flier to build high.

here's to hoping you never fall in a hole, or want to ever build anything large.

I personally don't find dying over and over again because there is no safe spot at night fun. at all. it has to be accessible. I refuse to spend nights floating in a lake simply because people don't like the function of a vox game, while playing a vox game.

replace jumping with something that flies, ok, but dont turn this into ark or rust without the ability to fly.

Everyone is so angry at this anti need pole thing lol...

To fix it, Jeoshua could try to remove anti nerd pole when the player is in climbing animation AKA on ladders. And thats it. You cant argue then anymore. In real life you climb either with Ladders or stairs. So yeah, try to see if you can add an extra if statement Jeoshua

WOW. lol. All this frustration. You all do realize that Madmole has said this feature is coming to the vanilla game, maybe even in A16. There is no logical lagetamet reason for a player to be able to jump in the air and build beneath their feet. That's just ridiculous and to argue to have it brought back is even more ridiculous. And yes a player can still build 2 towers and walk back and forth to get up to high places. But that is not building beneath your feet while you float in the air and takes more resources and time to build. Jeo went and made an exception for when the player was swimming so that this would not effect players trying to build underwater. We will simple ask Jeo to see if he can add another exception to check to see if the player is on a ladder, problem solved. Lets please try and stay calm and rational and not lose our heads every time an exploit is removed from the game.(I even had players message me and demand the Raiders XP be raised back up so the could usre them to power level)

Archived