[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

ok stuck on a immersion point. What do we have in game that could be used to remove a hornet stinger. I was going to use the Red Hot pipe but for coding reasons it would take to much work rebuilding other buffs to use that. So need another idea of a way to heal/remove a embedded hornet stinger(this debuff hurts you and attracts zombies until healed).

needle [or hot needle] ?

@Jarda

Pretty sure it is a one shot install, no tweeking like fallout mods

once it is installed then you would have to review/change the xmls by hand

Thanks for the info.

I guess I will pass on this one, I can't stand with critters and mutant zombies. Kind of wanted to merge it with ConSenMod, but that will need to wait.

Personal preferences aside, this is indeed an amazing work, hats off to the crew.

Thank you

Well that's because none of those tools are use to repair-upgrade blocks. You would need a hammer for that. Welcome to true survival :)

Ahh. thank you. I'm used to extremely realistic stuff. one of my favorite games is 'unreal world' [self-torturous finnish iron age survival simulation :p] I was expecting to be able to 'sharpen' the spikes, with an axe, or at least a knife and baton :p

The second thing I posted [don't know if it went through yet or not], might be an actual bug though. I got it working, but for some reason when block durability is set to 200% [set it to that, because I'm using two hour days, and I wanted to pace how long it took to break down structures/rocks/trees to how long the day was] it doesn't seem to register damage with the fists at all; at least not on stuff like grass and bushes [i was pretty sure it wasn't registering damage from punching the ground or trees either.] It seems to work at 100% though, but it feels a little 'fast.' Thank you for the help though.

Don't know if this issue is related to the mod, or the core game though; but, hopefully the info helps.

So after an all-nighter and some wizard coding (if I do say myself), I was able to add an entire new feature to the dll, at Spider's request (with a bit of a twist of my own).

When hitting blocks with your bare hands, you run the risk of hurting yourself. Some materials, like dirt, clay, sand, and plants are kind. Others, like wood, stone, iron, and steel are very hard, and you will do damage to yourself when hitting them. Punching a cactus is not recommended. Punching glass is also probably a bad idea. You will need to keep your eyes on the condition of your tools, because if they break, they go away, and all of a sudden you're punching stone/iron/whatever. And that will hurt.

Now, this is not a standalone hack, like my previous contributions. It requires some work in materials.xml to set the damage up. The amount of damage done to the player when punching something barehanded is calculated as: (Fist Melee Damage - (Fist Melee Damage / Object Hardness)). By default, in vanilla, and in True Survival as is, everything has a Hardness of 1, so by default that equation will return 0 damage. Changing the hardness of a material to higher levels will apply that number as a divisor to the amount of damage done. My change is that the difference is now applied as damage to your fist.

With how materials are being handled in this version of the DLL, I will give an example:

<material id="Msteel">
	<property name="damage_category" value="steel" /> <!-- This can be anything, it is a dynamic property -->
	<property name="surface_category" value="metal" /> <!-- Governs what particle effects weapons do. Only vanilla names -->
	<property name="forge_category" value="steel" />
	<property name="Hardness" type="float" value="6" /> <!-- Divides all damage done to this block, sets up the hitback -->
	<property name="stepsound" value="metal" />
	<property name="stability_glue" value="320" />
	<property name="Mass" type="int" value="20" />
	<property name="explosionresistance" value=".65" />
	<property name="MaxDamage" value="5000" /> <!-- Effectively 30k HP, unless DamageBonus.steel is high enough -->
</material>

Cacti, Wood Spikes, and other blocks which damage you on-contact will require no tie-ins, and will work as they are. Whatever damage they did while standing on them, to your feet, they will now do to your fist when punching them. So needless to say, punching cacti is not recommended. Punching Steel Spikes is even LESS recommended, as it will do the Block Damage plus your Fist Melee Damage (minus a little bit).

The download link. Some assembly required ;)

ok stuck on a immersion point. What do we have in game that could be used to remove a hornet stinger. I was going to use the Red Hot pipe but for coding reasons it would take to much work rebuilding other buffs to use that. So need another idea of a way to heal/remove a embedded hornet stinger(this debuff hurts you and attracts zombies until healed).

Growing up in the south with lots of bees/hornets, we always used a needle to dig them out. So sewing needle perhaps?

Growing up in the south with lots of bees/hornets, we always used a needle to dig them out. So sewing needle perhaps?

Hey yeah... finally a use for the sewing needle? I mean... other than cluttering up the loot and being used for sutures and sewing the odd bit of kit?

My mom used a butter knife to squeeze it out.

So after an all-nighter and some wizard coding (if I do say myself), I was able to add an entire new feature to the dll, at Spider's request (with a bit of a twist of my own).

When hitting blocks with your bare hands, you run the risk of hurting yourself. Some materials, like dirt, clay, sand, and plants are kind. Others, like wood, stone, iron, and steel are very hard, and you will do damage to yourself when hitting them. Punching a cactus is not recommended. Punching glass is also probably a bad idea. You will need to keep your eyes on the condition of your tools, because if they break, they go away, and all of a sudden you're punching stone/iron/whatever. And that will hurt.

Now, this is not a standalone hack, like my previous contributions. It requires some work in materials.xml to set the damage up. The amount of damage done to the player when punching something barehanded is calculated as: (Fist Melee Damage - (Fist Melee Damage / Object Hardness)). By default, in vanilla, and in True Survival as is, everything has a Hardness of 1, so by default that equation will return 0 damage. Changing the hardness of a material to higher levels will apply that number as a divisor to the amount of damage done. My change is that the difference is now applied as damage to your fist.

With how materials are being handled in this version of the DLL, I will give an example:

<material id="Msteel">
	<property name="damage_category" value="steel" /> <!-- This can be anything, it is a dynamic property -->
	<property name="surface_category" value="metal" /> <!-- Governs what particle effects weapons do. Only vanilla names -->
	<property name="forge_category" value="steel" />
	<property name="Hardness" type="float" value="6" /> <!-- Divides all damage done to this block, sets up the hitback -->
	<property name="stepsound" value="metal" />
	<property name="stability_glue" value="320" />
	<property name="Mass" type="int" value="20" />
	<property name="explosionresistance" value=".65" />
	<property name="MaxDamage" value="5000" /> <!-- Effectively 30k HP, unless DamageBonus.steel is high enough -->
</material>

Cacti, Wood Spikes, and other blocks which damage you on-contact will require no tie-ins, and will work as they are. Whatever damage they did while standing on them, to your feet, they will now do to your fist when punching them. So needless to say, punching cacti is not recommended. Punching Steel Spikes is even LESS recommended, as it will do the Block Damage plus your Fist Melee Damage (minus a little bit).

The download link. Some assembly required ;)

Great work man! I bookmarked this thread just so I can see Spider's/Yours/Sphereii changelogs, updates and what not.

What I also love so much is the guys following this mod. Like, you are a little happy family. I am just happy to read and see. Aaaah

We used mud for bee and wasp bites. As the dirt dried the stinger would go with it as it crumbled off. I suppose dirt or turd would work based on what's already in-game.

Is it possible to allow us to create a turd once a day or something if well fed? Not sure how it could be done, but seems odd that I can be eating like a king for weeks but still only have 12 turds for my future seed nursery.

Maybe make a player crafted toilet that you can use once a day. Might be easier to just up the drop rate in bird nests, as i assume your out in the woods because in towns there are so many toilets you wont need to look far for the 30 you need. I had more trouble getting 30 worms than 30 turds.

No large towns, biggest was 6 buildings and collected a total of 9 turds. The other three were from nests. Maybe I need to explore further out.

I like the idea of nests having them. Another idea I had was to make a turd for every X health you raised from eating.

Seed nursery is a VERY powerful tool, and I reckon making it any easier to obtain could break its balance considering how easy it is to obtain its other materials.

Turds are found pretty easily if you spend a few days looking for feathers, in this time you will probably stumble across some toilets which seem to have a decent turd drop rate.

Excessive amounts of turds would [as a side effect] also make copious amounts of fertilizer much easier to obtain, which would just throw the whole 'crops are precious' aspect of the game.

Keep the turd as a loot drop worthy of a brag. [lol]

No large towns, biggest was 6 buildings and collected a total of 9 turds. The other three were from nests. Maybe I need to explore further out.

I like the idea of nests having them. Another idea I had was to make a turd for every X health you raised from eating.

I always think its a bit weird to find 'human turds' in nests. Toilets on the other hand...

I found 9 turds in a single toilet in a raider base. Certain POI's have rows of toilets, these are definitely great to find on 'the great turd hunt' on the path to the seed nursery.

Maybe make a player crafted toilet that you can use once a day. Might be easier to just up the drop rate in bird nests, as i assume your out in the woods because in towns there are so many toilets you wont need to look far for the 30 you need. I had more trouble getting 30 worms than 30 turds.

Worms are pretty easy if you dedicate the time to dig through some topsoil, the task is made much easier if you have an iron shovel.

I find I get large amounts of worms when doing treasure hunts, so it works really well, 2 birds, one stone...

Im a bit upset that worms don't have a large number of uses beyond the seed nursery [unless you are fishing lots] perhaps they could be used in fertilizer recipe?

Archived