[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

What items/actions are tied to Engineering skill now? Using the wrench used to be a good way to level that skill but i believe that action is now tied to Journeyman crafting. So, how are people now raising their engineering skill in the early/mid game?

I make purification tablets, purify water (or make red bull), and using a screwdriver (crafted in metal workbench) to upgrade blocks also levels engineering. Also gunpowder (if only I could find a Potassium deposite).

I used the launcher

The only thing I can suggest: delete the game completely and reinstall the game and the mod. When starting the mod for the first time there gonna be a long wait, don't kill the process but let it complete download (it took me about 30-40 min). I hope that helps.

I really don't know if this is a bug, glitch or something else but I lost 40k+ pieces of Bullet Casing (ingame currency) for the second time after reconnecting to the game (SP). I left my character outside a Trading Post before disconnecting and i know i have 40k+ casing on my inventory. The first time it happened i had 30k+ casing and i left my character just outside a Town, when i reconnected the casing was missing. I sold everything from my storage that has value to the trader hoping to find some Steel tools from them but now i'm broke again :frown-new:

Hi I am geting item icons missing in game the ones i am missing are the fruits and the juices the item show up in hand but no icons ow and flour and wheat to there maybe more but i not sean them yet i have tryed my setting and nothing but i did look in the itemicon file and they show up there but not in game can u help plz

Sorry it's giving you a problem. Were you able to resolve it yet?

How do i remove the need to stare at the item being crafted? For me that takes away from being able to multi task. No fun playing while staring at a camp fire waiting for water to boil to get credit for the skill points.

campfire doesn't give XP for items crafted there, so stare at something else :)

but I feel your pain, I'm spending days staring at workstations to get to lvl75 (steel)

but I feel your pain, I'm spending days staring at workstations to get to lvl75 (steel)

UGH i forgot that campfires dont give xp....but why not?

Fitness Instructor and Chemist, only 2 that can make Redbull?

Crafting menu not si clear

Hey Spider,

Thanks for the amazing work. And thanks to Skippy as well who introduced the mis perfeclty on YT.

A quick note about some game aspects I do not feel confortable.

1) Not easy to explain: the crafting menu (forge, campfire, inventory, etc...) is quite difficult to understand. Some items are shown in the menu, but I can't craft it (no craft button). Usually it is when I search for something. I suppose they must be done using another workbench but the game do not tell me about it. I would rather not seeing these items if not available in the current workbench/inventory/...

Moreover, i can find some items only by searching them or clicking on Recipes. As an example, i can find the first storage bag only via clicking Recipes on cloth fragment (maybe with search as well, didnt tried it), not at all in standard menu.

So not a bug, but more a non-user-friendly menu.

2) In random Gen, i usually spend more than a day to find a decent spot for the first night, being usually far from the road or City. Maybe it should be cool to see more treehouse for temporary backup ?

3) question: I Saw lot of crazy POI on Skippy vids, I wonder if they are also integrated un Navezgane map or no. Up to now, i didn't find any modded POI on Navezgane. Do you plan to do that if it's not done already?

Thxs for your devotion to the mod and community :)

I really don't know if this is a bug, glitch or something else but I lost 40k+ pieces of Bullet Casing (ingame currency) for the second time after reconnecting to the game (SP). I left my character outside a Trading Post before disconnecting and i know i have 40k+ casing on my inventory. The first time it happened i had 30k+ casing and i left my character just outside a Town, when i reconnected the casing was missing. I sold everything from my storage that has value to the trader hoping to find some Steel tools from them but now i'm broke again :frown-new:

Keep dreaming on the Steel thing. Traders just don't do that. You might get some resources tho.

Okay, as far as my hack, initial testing is good. I have been able to eliminate both Search and Forge Lag.

Search Lag - Search will not initiate until you have typed at least 3 characters into the search box.

Forge Lag - When using a forge, there should be no lag when smelting, burning fuel, or having items completed.

"Lag" still does happen tho. After certain events, a full UI update is triggered. This will take a couple milliseconds, you will drop a frame or two, and the game will update everything on the backend. Formerly, this was happening every frame. Now this will happen when the following occurs:

Opening/Closing Forge

Moving inventory in Belt/Backpack

Starting a Craft

Cancelling a Craft

Selecting a Recipe

Changing Pages in the Recipe List

Searching the Recipe List (again, after 3 characters)

Single player shows no problems when forging, leaving the cell, returning, cancelling, smelting, using workbenches, campfires, or search strings. I have yet to replicate the crash event, and am a few versions of the hack in since that point, so I'm ready to mark that "A Wild Crash Appears!, Could not repro, Bug tracker closed, etc".

For the second round of testing, I'm releasing the hacked DLL and the Patch XML files publicly. I cannot guarantee proper usage online, with a server, or anything of that nature... and that's why I'm releasing it. More eyes need to pass over it. I was able to connect to the server, but since I have been testing on my personal installation and the progression in this mod is a bit slow, I don't have access to any workbenches on Spider's server. I was able to connect to my own hosted MP game and everything worked flawlessly, but then this isn't a Dedi and I'm not sure if this needs to be a client side hack or server side. If it needs a Dedi version, will begin work on that immediately. From what it looks like, tho, it's entirely UI related.

So if anyone is willing to help test, I need a few things done... and if you need clarification on how to do any of this, please step down as a tester. I need people who know what they're doing, this isn't a finished product:

1) See if replacing the Assembly-CSharp.dll file lets you run single player.

2) See if forge lag and search lag still occur

3) Beat on the workstations. Try to break them. I don't mean physically (although, do try that too). Don't try to make them work, try to make them LAG. Try to get them to act strange. Make them work improperly in a way they used to work. If you can, tell me how you did it.

4) If you can find no fault, try it on a dedicated server (preferably your own, in case it kills Spider's)

5) Try it on Vanilla, Recompile an SDX mod using it, see if the lag is gone.

The same standard set of warnings from using any mod apply to this. You use this at your own risk. If it makes your computer blow up or destroys your castle you've been making since Alpha 7, I accept no responsibility. This is not compatible with EAC, so if you get banned from half the world's servers, take it up with them.

Hacked Assembly-CSharp.dll for True Survival-SDX

Vanilla 15.2b8 Patch files

How do i remove the need to stare at the item being crafted? For me that takes away from being able to multi task. No fun playing while staring at a camp fire waiting for water to boil to get credit for the skill points.

I also would like to be getting some xp whenever I craft but was just thinking if you are making something (bullets, for example) you would have to be looking at them to be actually making them. I know it is just a game but we may need some balance for xp this way.

Also, what's with the SDX errors showing it cannot load an asset?

CbltYmY.jpg

Probably the same error. You lost your minibike... or someone lost their minibike. They're bugged beyond this mod. They're so bugged last time someone brought up minibike bugs this often, Spider removed them from his mod.

Probably the same error. You lost your minibike... or someone lost their minibike. They're bugged beyond this mod. They're so bugged last time someone brought up minibike bugs this often, Spider removed them from his mod.

True. It wasn't my minibike for sure as I tend to avoid them in servers.

So those SDX "failed to load" errors shouldn't be too much important to worry about?

True. It wasn't my minibike for sure as I tend to avoid them in servers.

So those SDX "failed to load" errors shouldn't be too much important to worry about?

I think some are normal. You could post the complete log if you'd like me to review them closer. Go to the View menu of the Mod Launcher, click on Log Files, then select the 7 Days To Die's output.txt, and click on the Upload button. Then give me the link it gives you.

No worries.

Your log file is clean, other than the minibike error, and the error you get on exit for the buffs.

I do like the idea that you are using a PC Wheel controller to play 7 Days to Die.

Hahahahaha, damn you got me. Now my hacks are worthless.

Thank you for taking your time to look for possible issues. I appreciate it!

Archived