[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

hmm that is what I thought but my latest log is dated 03/08. I use RAT server admin to start have for around 6 months, it shows the local server is up but the telnet section never goes active. and no new data in the server log from today.

hmm that is what I thought but my latest log is dated 03/08. I use RAT server admin to start have for around 6 months, it shows the local server is up but the telnet section never goes active. and no new data in the server log from today.

Is this a local machine ran server?

Yes sorry for lack of data was trying to figure it out.

Local machine running server

Launching through RAT server admin

Windows 10

All was working last night had latest updates to mod.

Updated mod files this morning. But I do not think this is the issue. I just ran a compare using beyond compare and all files look good against mod files.

I had a microsuck update that ran last night when i was logging off. I think that has something to do with the server not starting up fully today.

I am not sure if RAT redirects the log files or not. Might be worth reaching out to Trekkan. SDX doesn't affect the telnet operation.

Thanks for the feedback this morning "wolverine576, sphereii"

Issues found and resolved.

I do all mod updates by hand instead of using the installer as I am trying to learn by seeing what others have done.

I missed a line change in the blocks.xml, not sure why beyondCompare wasn't displaying the changes or why I wasn't able to see the server output in RAT. But as stated I found and resolved the conflict and everything is right in the world again, well except for the zombies of course!

Thanks again guys have a great day!

Thanks for the feedback this morning "wolverine576, sphereii"

Issues found and resolved.

I do all mod updates by hand instead of using the installer as I am trying to learn by seeing what others have done.

I missed a line change in the blocks.xml, not sure why beyondCompare wasn't displaying the changes or why I wasn't able to see the server output in RAT. But as stated I found and resolved the conflict and everything is right in the world again, well except for the zombies of course!

Thanks again guys have a great day!

That's great. You can also use GitHub Desktop to keep a local copy of the mod current, and just copy and paste the files into your server or clients. Manually merging files must be quite a headache, even for regular mods.

- Carboncrossbowbolt's description says I need a compound bow to use (not a crosbow?).

- Wanna increase the stack amount for iron ore, sand, coal to 5000? If you are against it, say so, so I don't keep posting about this.

- Maybe increase the stack amount for raw meat? It is not really a food item, but kinda a resourse.

O! people read those GitHub comments lol. Most of them just say fixes rofl. i'll try be more detailed

A wise man once told me: "Write comments like the person maintaining your code 6 months down the line is a psychopath who knows where you live"

Ever gone back and read something you're written 6 months ago and gotten mad at yourself? That person is you ;)

For example, I use Git on my own computer to keep track of changes I've made. Here's one of my change logs for just playing around with settings in your mod to see what works:

Made harvest drops lower/more variable
Made destroy drops higher/less variable
Lowered alarm chance on cntCar03Blue to 5%
Lowered alarm chance on cntCar03BlueDamage1 to 1%
Increased repair value of pipes.
Made hardStone look like normal stone, not bedrock
Rejiggered Barter experience, fixed Secret Stash

Experimental: Added set of Money to test trader experience

-----------

I did find a bit of an issue tho. The new notes are good, but some of them are too long for the windows that they pop up in. You might want to edit the SMX windows to make some of the description windows bigger.

Bug

Hi All,

I'd like to say thank you to maker of this mod. Spider, thx :)

I start to play this mod couple days ago. Really-really hard, but keep trying.

I found a little bug. I chosen the park ranger prof. and when I'd like to make the quest, 1 spear and 50 javelin, it didn't count. I know why. I have to watch the procedure at the campfire....so, please correct this little bug, please :)

I wait your response.

hi everyone, I wanted to ask is it possible for a player to craft a npc weapon which has unlimited ammo?

It should not be. As a matter of fact, I do not think this mod even has unlimited ammo for NPC weapons, as there is such a thing as an NPC Bullet. Could be wrong, tho.

Another issue I noticed: When NPCs are fighting zombies and you're in the same cell (whether they are followers or bandits), and their weapon reaches its breaking point, two things happen:

1) The "This weapon is broken, it needs repair" (or whatever that says normally) message spams on your screen. So the game spams this message on YOUR screen.

2) Since it's not a high level weapon, this happens very soon after they spawn on screen.

3) Since the weapon is not set to disintegrate when it breaks, they keep holding it. Since the AI is stupid as hell, they don't run, don't switch weapons. They just stand face to face with the zombie, trying to attack with a broken weapon which won't even let them swing it, and then die.

I recommend setting the durability of those NPC weapons to 99999 because of this. You can't give them weapons so you can't help them, it's just stupid for their weapon to break and for them to just stand there.

soo what's the number of latest verison?

and where can i check that in my folders?

I wish the 7D Launcher showed what version of MOD you was using ( unless I am missing something here ), as I am never to sure I am running the latest version of True Survivor..

I know this is something not in vanilla, but is it possible to add in your mod some kind of method to empty jars full of murky water ?

The murky water jars that one may find as loot in early game can be useful as yukka juice jars etc...

Also, sometimes i will fill all jars in my inventory in the hope i will find a pot that i can boil them in, or to compress my pack slightly, but being able to just empty the jars would be terrific, perhaps just an inventory recipe to create empty jars using a murky water jar.

Perhaps even, the ability to tip murky water over your head to cool down without getting sick, instead of needing to use precious drinkable fluids.

Perhaps even, the ability to tip murky water over your head to cool down without getting sick, instead of needing to use precious drinkable fluids.

That's already a thing in the mod, but the game is a bit... finicky about it. Hold the murky water (or tea, or pretty much any drink) in your belt. Hold it in front of your face. Left click.

As a matter of fact, I use this when in the desert and near an Oasis to prevent heat stroke. The "Cool Head" buff extends as a stack action, so you can bathe in a little pond near the desert, full up and then empty out a stack of jars over your head, and have about a game day to do what you need.

It should not be. As a matter of fact, I do not think this mod even has unlimited ammo for NPC weapons, as there is such a thing as an NPC Bullet. Could be wrong, tho.

Another issue I noticed: When NPCs are fighting zombies and you're in the same cell (whether they are followers or bandits), and their weapon reaches its breaking point, two things happen:

1) The "This weapon is broken, it needs repair" (or whatever that says normally) message spams on your screen. So the game spams this message on YOUR screen.

2) Since it's not a high level weapon, this happens very soon after they spawn on screen.

3) Since the weapon is not set to disintegrate when it breaks, they keep holding it. Since the AI is stupid as hell, they don't run, don't switch weapons. They just stand face to face with the zombie, trying to attack with a broken weapon which won't even let them swing it, and then die.

I recommend setting the durability of those NPC weapons to 99999 because of this. You can't give them weapons so you can't help them, it's just stupid for their weapon to break and for them to just stand there.

I told you the same thing,i just dowloaded the lates version from here:https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX

and i create new world with that version and i jsut vent to creative mode to add my self hunting rifle part and when i take it to inventory i was alredy able to assamble NPCHUNTINGRIFLE,didnt even craft profesion before that...

I told you the same thing,i just dowloaded the lates version from here:https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-SDX

and i create new world with that version and i jsut vent to creative mode to add my self hunting rifle part and when i take it to inventory i was alredy able to assamble NPCHUNTINGRIFLE,didnt even craft profesion before that...

Then you installed it wrong, point blank. I'm looking at the code right now from the GitHub, under items:

<item id="1748" name="NPCBook">
	<property name="Extends" value="schematicMaster" />
       <property name="CustomIcon" value="unused" />
	<property class="Action1">
		<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="NPCcrossbow,NPCcrossbow1,NPCcrossbow2,NPCPistol,NPC44Magnum,NPCSawedOffPumpShotgun,NPCPumpShotgun,NPCHuntingRifle,NPCMP5,NPCSniperRifle,NPCRocketLauncher,NPCchainsaw" />
	</property>
	<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />
	<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Gun Smithing" />
</item>

Since there is a recipe required, it should not be craftable unless you have read the book, which does not drop from any loot table ever. If you can craft it, you do not have this item in your installation. This is why SphereII and I have both told you to use the launcher.

Ive not seen the "This weapon is broken, it needs repair" on my screen, and my followers never seem to run out of ammo, that i noticed.

Archived