A16 - GNAMOD World {Improved of RWG world, Improved loot balance, Improved spawns}

Haidrgna

Heya Leaderdog thanks for your feedback :)

The current POI distribution and cities is indeed a design choice, the Rural Hubs (the cross ones) flatten only a small amount of terrain while the large cities and towns just completely ruin the surrounding landscapes, and this mod is largely about the landscapes. There should be plenty to do, but if you indeed already at high level you probably just beat the current map, as its just vanilla progression and probably to easy for an experienced player. The central wasteland sort of replaces the central city with the key POIs in that center, but with a bike its probably easy to just ride to it (would be nice if I could have mines spawn on roads in the central wasteland and not the rest of the world).

In A16 the socket system will change the POI and town/city spawning dramatically but in a good way if it all works out, and I intend to play with it and make it all work so I can try and create more realistic worlds where cities and towns can be found.

I have some ideas, like a metropolis map that only has cities and wasteland biomes for veteran players probably with some scaling. But with these huge changes planned it kind of feels like a waste of time to invest further into A15 when A16 might require it all to be redone. But still if it takes another 3 months I might do some updates and see if I can liven up the center or make that metropolis map and a last man standing mod fo A15.

I did not change anything to the 7d horde. Its a lot of work as well and might ruin the experience for some if I up the numbers due to performance. If you think your machine can handle it you can increase numbers for it in gamestages.xml and increase amount alive up from the 8 default.

Hello Haidrgna,

i installed today a new server with Valmod Overhaul v4.5 and your Gnamod Valmod Combine. But if i open the crafting inventory their comes a null reference.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at XUiM_Recipes.FilterRecipesByCategory (System.String _category, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& recipeList) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_RecipeList.GTD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_RecipeList.set_Workstation (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_CraftingWindowGroup.OnOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiWindowGroup.OnOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Open (.GUIWindow _w, Boolean _bModal, Boolean _bIsNotEscClosable, Boolean _bCloseAllOpenWindows) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Open (System.String _windowName, Boolean _bModal, Boolean _bIsNotEscClosable, Boolean _bCloseAllOpenWindows) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_WindowSelector.OpenSelectedWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_WindowSelector.OnOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiController.OnOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Open (.GUIWindow _w, Boolean _bModal, Boolean _bIsNotEscClosable, Boolean _bCloseAllOpenWindows) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Open (System.String _windowName, Boolean _bModal, Boolean _bIsNotEscClosable, Boolean _bCloseAllOpenWindows) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_WindowSelector.OpenSelectorAndWindow (System.String selectedPage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at PlayerMoveController.DA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at NGuiAction.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

If i use only the Valmod it works all fine. But i like the map changes from your mod and want to run it on my server.

Can you pls update your mod for the newest valmod overhaul? Thanks for your help. :)

Hello Haidrgna,

i installed today a new server with Valmod Overhaul v4.5 and your Gnamod Valmod Combine. But if i open the crafting inventory their comes a null reference.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at XUiM_Recipes.FilterRecipesByCategory (System.String _category, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& recipeList) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_RecipeList.GTD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_RecipeList.set_Workstation (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_CraftingWindowGroup.OnOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_WindowSelector.OpenSelectedWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_WindowSelector.OnOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiController.OnOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_WindowSelector.OpenSelectorAndWindow (System.String selectedPage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at PlayerMoveController.DA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at NGuiAction.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

If i use only the Valmod it works all fine. But i like the map changes from your mod and want to run it on my server.

Can you pls update your mod for the newest valmod overhaul? Thanks for your help. :)

I took the files from Valmod latest download and added the small alterations needed to make my mod work. I have not tested if it work, but unless I have downloaded the wrong version (I took files from the Valmod overhaul link). This new version is in the 1.04 download I uploaded and is called World Only - Valmod.

The problem with this is that when Valmod adds any new blocks it will break again, I posted instructions on how to add code to make it work in a previous post so you can do it yourself if it somehow still does not work or it is updated again.

Seems there is an error with blocks.xml, so I need to know what you used. If you used the World Only version for Valmod it should work with the Valmod Overhaul as confirmed by Markezzz (I am not sure if it will work with other Valmod versions).

The other versions are not compatible with Valmod Overhaul, they are standalone or work with the Vanilla version of the Game.

Seems there is an error with blocks.xml, so I need to know what you used. If you used the World Only version for Valmod it should work with the Valmod Overhaul as confirmed by Markezzz (I am not sure if it will work with other Valmod versions).

The other versions are not compatible with Valmod Overhaul, they are standalone or work with the Vanilla version of the Game.

Seems the issue was copying Prefabs/Options/Config over then copying over the VAMOD folder. I only needed to copy the VAMOD folder. Thanks.

The world is supposed to look like that, a mix of all the biomes and a decent amount of greenlands. You can however alter the following code in the rwgmixer.xml which defines the amount of each biome and its distribution over the map.

As you can see its a bit complex compared to the vanilla version of the same section, since it paints it in layers to get the desired effect, changing it to what you want I will highlight where you need to make alterations, but in general you only would want to touch the rules with <biome_generator range="x,x"> and leave the rest intact (which define the height based distribution and the inner and outer rings of wastelands. Total of the biome generation range should be 1 (it goes from 0.00 to 1.00.

The forest biomes listed in the Primary Biomes section are completely overwritten and only serve to balance it out. You can reduce or even remove them as long as you add their numbers back to the biomes you want to increase later. If you increase the number of Snow and Desert each by 0.1 and decrease the forest by the same amount (just keeping the total range complete, so if you remove the 0.00 to 0.10 and want to add a snow biome in its place you may need to add in a new rule).

<biome_spawn_rules>

<!-- Primary Biomes -->	

[size=4][b]		<biome_spawn_rule name="forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.00,0.10"/> 	
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.20,0.30"/> 	
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_generator range="0.40,0.50"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_generator range="0.60,0.65"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule> 

<biome_generator range="0.80,0.90"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule> [/b][/size]

<!-- Lowlands -->

<biome_spawn_rule name="pine_forest">
		<terrain_generator range="80,90"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<terrain_generator range="40,80"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="plains">
		<terrain_generator range="1,40"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Wasteland Biomes  -->

[size=4][b]		<biome_spawn_rule name="pine_forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.15,0.20"/> 	
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">	
		<biome_generator range="0.30,0.40"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland">
		<biome_generator range="0.50,0.60"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="snow">
		<biome_generator range="0.65,0.70"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule> 

<biome_generator range="0.90,1.00"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>[/b][/size]

<!-- Mountains -->

<biome_spawn_rule name="city">
		<terrain_generator range="110,125"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<terrain_generator range="90,110"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Snow Caps -->

<terrain_generator range="125,255"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Water -->

<biome_spawn_rule name="water">
		<terrain_generator range="-31,1"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Deserts -->		

[size=4][b]		<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">
		<biome_generator range="0.10,0.15"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">
		<biome_generator range="0.70,0.80"/>

<!--  Radiated and Wasteland barriers -->

<distance_from_center range="8750,9125"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="city_wasteland">
		<distance_from_center range="9125,10000"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">
		<distance_from_center range="10000,11000"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Center Wasteland (Overwrites All) -->

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland_hub">
		<distance_from_center range="0,1250"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- BIOME TEST (REMOVE AFTER USE) 

<terrain_generator range="-60,255"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>
	-->
</biome_spawn_rules>

But you could also try your world or roll some more seeds, some might have a lot more mountains and thus more snow caps. Also the previewer does not always show everything as it really is generated.

The world is supposed to look like that, a mix of all the biomes and a decent amount of greenlands. You can however alter the following code in the rwgmixer.xml which defines the amount of each biome and its distribution over the map.

As you can see its a bit complex compared to the vanilla version of the same section, since it paints it in layers to get the desired effect, changing it to what you want I will highlight where you need to make alterations, but in general you only would want to touch the rules with <biome_generator range="x,x"> and leave the rest intact (which define the height based distribution and the inner and outer rings of wastelands. Total of the biome generation range should be 1 (it goes from 0.00 to 1.00.

The forest biomes listed in the Primary Biomes section are completely overwritten and only serve to balance it out. You can reduce or even remove them as long as you add their numbers back to the biomes you want to increase later. If you increase the number of Snow and Desert each by 0.1 and decrease the forest by the same amount (just keeping the total range complete, so if you remove the 0.00 to 0.10 and want to add a snow biome in its place you may need to add in a new rule).

<biome_spawn_rules>

<!-- Primary Biomes -->	

[size=4][b]		<biome_spawn_rule name="forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.00,0.10"/> 	
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_generator range="0.20,0.30"/> 	
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_generator range="0.40,0.50"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_generator range="0.60,0.65"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule> 

<biome_generator range="0.80,0.90"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule> [/b][/size]

<!-- Lowlands -->

<terrain_generator range="80,90"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<terrain_generator range="40,80"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="plains">
		<terrain_generator range="1,40"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Wasteland Biomes  -->

[size=4][b]		<biome_spawn_rule name="pine_forest">
		<biome_generator range="0.15,0.20"/> 	
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_generator range="0.30,0.40"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland">
		<biome_generator range="0.50,0.60"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_generator range="0.65,0.70"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule> 

<biome_generator range="0.90,1.00"/> 

<!-- Mountains -->

<biome_spawn_rule name="city">
		<terrain_generator range="110,125"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<terrain_generator range="90,110"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Snow Caps -->

<terrain_generator range="125,255"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Water -->

<biome_spawn_rule name="water">
		<terrain_generator range="-31,1"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Deserts -->		

[size=4][b]		<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">
		<biome_generator range="0.10,0.15"/>
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">
		<biome_generator range="0.70,0.80"/>

<!--  Radiated and Wasteland barriers -->

<distance_from_center range="8750,9125"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="city_wasteland">
		<distance_from_center range="9125,10000"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">
		<distance_from_center range="10000,11000"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- Center Wasteland (Overwrites All) -->

<distance_from_center range="0,1250"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

<!-- BIOME TEST (REMOVE AFTER USE) 

<terrain_generator range="-60,255"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>
	-->
</biome_spawn_rules>

But you could also try your world or roll some more seeds, some might have a lot more mountains and thus more snow caps. Also the previewer does not always show everything as it really is generated.

Thanks. Also I noticed spawning in on the same map name always spawns me in the same localized area even though the map is so large. Is there a way to allow for a more random spawn outside of the very small localized area it wants to always spawn me?

Not yet discovered a way to spawn players more randomly (or on a fixed place even). Since the code does not allow players to be spawned in the wasteland you always seem to end up just at the border of it or at least with it in sight range. But you could always just use console commands in a singleplayer game to teleport you to a 'random' spot on the map instead, if you do not mind forgoing your safezone.

Not yet discovered a way to spawn players more randomly (or on a fixed place even). Since the code does not allow players to be spawned in the wasteland you always seem to end up just at the border of it or at least with it in sight range. But you could always just use console commands in a singleplayer game to teleport you to a 'random' spot on the map instead, if you do not mind forgoing your safezone.

All good. You are doing an amazing job with it. Keep it up. I hate to be a bother, but is there a way to increase POI density to compensate for the larger biome generation and lack of towns? I like how everything is spread out and the wild offers more POIs to discover, however, the larger towns offered more chances to get gun stores, pharmacies, bookstores, and other locales that really helped develop your character.

I tried increasing the size of the towns to possibly get some centralized store locations, but that didn't work as I had intended. It seems that simply increasing the size of the town hubs only gets rid of 60% of the POIs on the map and I am not sure how to simply generate POIs closer together.

Thanks for all the help.

EDIT: I am also attempting to add in some custom POI's to add some more flare, but I keep getting "You are about to save the file as a text only document" which prevents me from saving it.

All I want to do is add some more prefabs to the biomesPOI prefabs location

<prefab_rule name="BiomePOIs">
		<path_material value="asphalt" /> 
		<path_radius value="3" />

<prefab rule="Traders" 				min_count="1" 	max_count="1" 	prob="40"/>
		<prefab rule="Ponds" 				min_count="1" 	max_count="2"	prob="5"/>
		<prefab rule="WaterTowers" 					max_count="1"	prob="5"/>
		<prefab rule="ArmyCamps" 					max_count="1"	prob="5"/>
		<prefab rule="Graveyards"					max_count="1"	prob="5"/>
		<prefab rule="WastelandBuildings" 						prob="10"/>
		<prefab rule="BiomeSpecial" 							prob="3.5"/>
		<prefab rule="Housing" 								prob="18"/>
		<prefab rule="BarnsSheds" 					max_count="3"	prob="0.5"/>
		<prefab rule="Tents" 						max_count="7"	prob="5"/>
		<prefab rule="Cabins" 								prob="3"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_ZHigh(by_Volar)" max_count="1" prob="0.4"/>
	<!--	<prefab name="xcostum_MayaPyramide(by_Curbolt)" max_count="1" prob="0.4"/>  -->
		<prefab name="xcostum_RocketLaunchPad(by_Saeid)" max_count="1" prob="0.3"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_CrashedAirplane(by_LazMan)" max_count="1" prob="0.4"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_TV_Tower_Restaurant(by_magoli)" max_count="1" prob="0.2" />
		<prefab name="xcostum_ZombieZoo_city(by_Wsiegel)" max_count="1" prob="0.2"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_strange_cornfield(by_magoli)" max_count="1" prob="0.2"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_shootingrange(by_magoli)" max_count="1" prob="0.1"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_swimmingbath(by_magoli)" max_count="1" prob="0.4"/>
	</prefab_rule>

Again its not really possible, you could decrease the Cell Size*, then it will generate more Rural Hubs and increases your chances to get the better stores (I think a substantial amount of them should have at least 1 store in the current setting). The better stores and POIs also spawn in the wasteland and in the center of the map, but you need to gear up to get there from the weaker POIs first. I am not sure how it works in Valmod, but in my own loot and zombie settings I could find all I needed in them.

* Cell Size

You will find it at the top of the rwgmixer.xml, it determines a lot of things and essentially the size of the 'biome'. I reduced the size from 1800 to 1350. Going lower will decrease the amount of POIs that can spawn per Cell (the wilderness ones with roads connecting to the central one). But it will also increase the amount of hubs that fit in the generation range, thus increasing the complexity of your map and how much you can preview. Another downside is that when you go below 1300 you will most likely get the issue where the game forces spawn in the central wasteland and then because its not valid spawns you to default which is the center of the map, and then crashes your generation of the central city to boot. So its hardly recommended and I came to this number after testing many values to see which gave the Most POIs in the world.

Other option is to mess around with the chances of the towns, increasing the probability of CrossTown1 and decreasing that of CrossTown3 should give you more towns that spawn stores and brick stores.

Also make sure to install the Prefabs (even with the world only/Valmod versions) so that everything will spawn correctly in the world if you did not already :)

New to all this

I am new to 7 Days to Die and also to the modding aspect. I have downloaded Valmod and am really enjoying that mod. I would love to use your World Only - Valmod edition to it. Quick question. Do I still load the game as a random generated map? If so does it matter what name I give it? I know that the name acts as the map seed and affects the layout. Just curious how it all works. I wanted to make sure I understood 100% before I install your mod into my folders. Also will all the prefabs show up if I use the World Only - Valmod edition or will I need to add the ones I would like to have in the map.

Sorry if these are dumb questions and thanks ahead of time.

Naterz

If you want the full mod experience you will have to add the files from the World Only - Valmod after installing Valmod (but I think you already have that). You will also need to install ALL the files from the Prefabs folder of my mod, since I modified these so that show up in the correct biomes (if you dont, some might appear in the wrong place or not at all). They are all vanilla ones but with some alterations, you will also see an increase in zombies around POIs because of it.

It will only work on Newly generated worlds, so yes you will need to generate a new map after all is installed, it will not work with existing worlds properly. The name is indeed the seed of the map, you can use the preview tool if you like to see how it affects the world, but considering my mod uses a lot of rules the effect of RNG on them is large and the worlds can greatly vary in how the terrain is generated.

I also recommend that you try out the full version of the mod at some point, it may not be a complete overhaul as Valmod is, but it will certainly enhance the core experience and its all more tailored to go with the terrain. Just make sure if you want to give it a go that your game is reset back to default (clean install/have steam repair it) or you may get conflicts with left over code from Valmod.

Sounds like a good plan. I have already created two 7DTD folders on for vanilla and one for Valmod with your world added to it. I think I will create a third that is just your world. Then I can give it a try and not have to worry about any issues. I just need to find a good seed for your map. I like having some towns that I can set up a base near and loot then start exploring once I have the mini bike. One thing I am curious about with the combination of your mod and Valmods mod does your loot drops override his? Not a big deal but when I played with just Valmod I would get the Survivor notes dropping which gave skill points. I haven't gotten them since switching. Like I said I don't mind just curious.

Thanks again for the information and putting this great mod out for everyone to enjoy.

If you use my loot.xml you wont see anything added by Valmod in loot anymore, in theory its possible to add his items in it if you like to do some modding of your own:). My loot.xml is very accesible, as in I spend some time to streamline it, but still easy file to mess up as the game can throw errors on small mistakes easy in it.

My worlds wont generate any bigger towns, only Rural towns and lots of houses and other stuff around it. It plays a bit different than vanilla because of it, but you will not run short of POIs to loot and may find some you did not see before or only in Navezgane.

My loot file will make the game a bit harder as it is setup in a way that rebalances the rarities of certain loot and recipes. You will for instance find the better recipes more likely in bookstores while normal bookcases have a good chance to give the more basic recipes (which you will probably always find faster than say sniper or minibike). In vanilla some stuff I think should be hard is rather easy to obtain and vice versa. Finding food is also a bit harder, more likely to find dirty water instead of clean water that sort of things. And the best part I think is that loot quantity progresses along with you, being higher level will increase your chances a loot source has something, while quality of items is far less dependent on your level, meaning that finding a gunstore in day 1 you can just loot it and no need to wait till you are higher level.

Question!

Question!

I was wondering what is causing this (Black top, causing light not being reflected correctly at all, its causing some serious issues for me with my mining operations)

1ae0ee7468.jpg

and Also Completely missed that you changed the loot table (Was tired when was installing it, Messed up my previous modding (knew reason after I restarted modding the xml files since I found the problem)

Using Loot abundance 200% and I keep finding that pesky 1 wood all the time for some odd reason, is that intentional? (just test playing at the moment)

I honestly have no idea what the black could be, I have not myself experienced it or seen it before. I have seen some terrain glitching when digging above ground (which has been ingame for a while and I think they still seeking the cause) and some when digging stone where the texture seems to 'break' and the block does not shrink properly, which goes away when you break adjacent blocks but keeps happening. There are some issues with the diamond shaped terrain blocks that I hope they can fix at some point, maybe this is one as well. I have not done much changes at all underground, the ore distribution could be different as I changed the sub biomes around and I increased the chances for finding precious ores deeper down.

As for the loot, yes its completely rebalanced and tuned, and should be easy to modify for anyone that has a bit of experience with changing that file. I think the 1 wood is something from the vanilla file, as it should be 1 to 10 in my version. These kind of items are there to basically be like you found something but its just junk, tho still not completely useless. But at 200% it basically doubles what you find, so 1 wood should become 2 wood I think. I think in vanilla many (trash, zeds etc) use the junk lootgroup which has a high chance to drop this 1 wood.

In my loot table you will start finding more and more items when you become higher level, as in your chance to roll something instead of from the nothing group.

But come to thing of this, the 200% loot might be the cause you see 1 wood, as the nothing group just drops 0 wood currently. Probably should make this be empty, but was not sure it would work if it was empty. Wonder how the code works if 0 x 2 = 1 instead of 0 though :)

I honestly have no idea what the black could be, I have not myself experienced it or seen it before. I have seen some terrain glitching when digging above ground (which has been ingame for a while and I think they still seeking the cause) and some when digging stone where the texture seems to 'break' and the block does not shrink properly, which goes away when you break adjacent blocks but keeps happening. There are some issues with the diamond shaped terrain blocks that I hope they can fix at some point, maybe this is one as well. I have not done much changes at all underground, the ore distribution could be different as I changed the sub biomes around and I increased the chances for finding precious ores deeper down.

As for the loot, yes its completely rebalanced and tuned, and should be easy to modify for anyone that has a bit of experience with changing that file. I think the 1 wood is something from the vanilla file, as it should be 1 to 10 in my version. These kind of items are there to basically be like you found something but its just junk, tho still not completely useless. But at 200% it basically doubles what you find, so 1 wood should become 2 wood I think. I think in vanilla many (trash, zeds etc) use the junk lootgroup which has a high chance to drop this 1 wood.

In my loot table you will start finding more and more items when you become higher level, as in your chance to roll something instead of from the nothing group.

But come to thing of this, the 200% loot might be the cause you see 1 wood, as the nothing group just drops 0 wood currently. Probably should make this be empty, but was not sure it would work if it was empty. Wonder how the code works if 0 x 2 = 1 instead of 0 though :)

The blackness is that the Light from the helmet isn't properly calculated, Dunno if its a server sided bug or mod bug. As my client SP is working correctly, Thou this is in Snowbiome, where I never had a base before due to fear of lumberjacks (Last time I was in gonna settle in snow biome was right before 7 lumberjacks ended up chasing me just when I got out fresh.... (Yeah, Being level 1 and getting chased by 7 lumberjacks isnt fun, even if you managed to get over 150 arrows.)

Yeah, The Wood is a tiny problem, Is the loot calculated by scav level or player level? I am a bit over lvl 40 in level but very low in scav level... (Yeah I havnt been looting enough, havnt found a city, just a single blocks places -Crossings- )

loved the road system thou, ALOT more roads than previous, also the asphalt road only seems nice (havnt seen gravel yet)

makes it feel better.

The houses? I do say, there are a bit too many houses which is realistic, thou not when your in the middle of nowhere. but still better than vanillia desert house placements (houses faaaaaaaaaaaaaar from each other) it causes more of a loot not being a problem compared to vanillia, thou cities in vanillia are loot fiestas mostly

Sadly gonna scrap the GNAmod for one reason, its the blackiness, thou that will be decided after I launched the server, digged down to bedrock in a snow biome, with a mining helmet (thank god for Creative Mode) to see if thats the problem, if its a problem. Feel free to contact me about my config folder if you want to debug it, If you dont get the blackiness then I dunno how its formed, I am running on a private DS thou and no mods on client

Dunno why my friends client was rejected a few times, he joined then he left joined n left (he didn't do anything, just that the loading screen did) thou he was able to join earlier, but he was downloading a game while he was trying to join which he thinks is the cause

*off topic, ugh at the verication thingy.... its getting annoying

Edit:

Went and did some digginh with supah diggah in snowbiome.... while having a mining hat on vanillia (DS) no problems, so Probably something is not calculating the light properly on your mod (as thats the only mod that affects something is generated, my own mods only affect items (items.xml) and other mod is run during horde only

I do not think I can debug it in XML, it could very well be graphics problem caused by certain hardware or settings which probably are not the same I am using, I doubt it would be caused by my modding as well to honest since I have not changed anything in how blocks would look or react to lighting and if it does I have no clue to what would cause it, considering it happens underground. Its not that I do not want help out, I just have no idea where to look, unless other players experience the same problem with my mod only.

That part of loot is calculated only by level, and if its indeed making all 0 wood drops become 1, then each time you find 1 wood it means you should have found nothing.

I would love to be able to create more variation (some biomes being full of houses, some almost empty), but I am not sure yet how to do that. The amount of houses and POIs partly compensates for the lack of real HUBS, you will only see the rural (crosses) towns in the wilds, as the cities and towns make the terrain look really bad and the game really boring. There is no gravel roads, made all asphalt by choice and slightly wider, looked much better.

If you find the cause let me know tho, that is if you can exclude any of the other possible causes (maybe try vanilla digging down in various biomes to see if it pops up there, or change some graphic settings). If its really a problem caused by my modding I will have to find the cause and fix it.

Some observations.

1) cop loot. heh when I loot a cop and often get wood or other junk, I now have no desire to fight cops. Risk reward is so low now I tend to avoid them. Just sayin ;)

2) gravel on the ground, your remix of the top world has gravel in small patches all over. One I dug down and found nothing, went all the way to to bedrock and got nothing but stone. A different place I did find iron. Makes it a bit tougher I suppose. But then I'm not a fan of the new mining system to begin with.

3) Traders - did you rework their loot? I found them quite pointless before, but in your mod I went to 3 different traders and none of them have the hops book, or polished steel or auger parts (haha). They're even more useless than vanilla :)

4) treasure chests. Not sure if you played with their placement, but i've had a couple that were at the bottom of the lake. While that's not unusual for vanilla, your lakes are hella deep and I can't even see the chest from the top, which maybe it's burried or I didn't go down far enough, which makes it even more pointless haha. I just abandoned those treasure chests because unless I drain the lake, or have scuba gear there is no getting to the bottom. Pretty safe treasure.

I've been enjoying it for the most part, been challenging at times, especially the early days when I couldn't run away fast enough from the feral in the middle of the afternoon.

I'd still like to see screamers be more menacing. When they first introduced them, they were far too much (3 at once with a massive horde coming with each screaming), then they made them no more than an annoyance (current), would like a happy medium for them. Bring in more zombies to make them an actual scare.

Are dog days still a thing? Unlike most, I love the dogs. I like that startle that they bring. I definitely appreciate how you have them in the world/ poi.

zombie parades? the wandering zombies mainly gone? Or just reduced dramatically in size? Alpha 12 used to have full blown cops and bees and everything at times in wandering hordes which was fun.

Thanks for the great mod ;)

Archived