A16 - GNAMOD World {Improved of RWG world, Improved loot balance, Improved spawns}

Haidrgna

Total Alive is 20, but the actual amount in a wave summoned is only 1, the Total Alive for the scout waves is higher only because it will always summon all at once then. Did this for all hordes, makes sure all zeds spawn at once rather than in small groups. For POIs this means even when setting spawing higher you still should get all spawned at once and not get some spawned in your face. So far in my testing I only saw the intended amount of screamers. But yes after day 105 it will become much riskier to just leave a fire or forge going.

In theory there should be 2 screamers, 1 feral, 2 dogs when a Scout Party is summoned. The warparty after day 140 will come with 3 spiders, 1 screamer, 2 cops, 1 feral and 3 dogs. But thats when rng is being nice, it could just toss 10 ferals at you as well.

The amount of screamers per wave should not be to high, they come from far and by this time you should have a base with spikes that can soak em up or have your forge setup far away. Only worries could be a multiplayer server that runs for hundereds of days and still gets new players joining in at later times. Maybe should make a special file for such servers. Was also considering just replacing the scout with an actual horde without a scout, so it will just be similar to wandering hordes if you persist in making loads of heat.

I actually considered making a day 666 spawn of 666 ferals :D, like the end days haha, but didnt do that.

I also replaced dog day by dog summon day, screamers will call only dogs on every 5th day of the week.

Thats by design swidler, towns/cities make huge holes in the world. There are more than enough POIs spread around the land, and almost all of them spawn.

Besides leaving ugly holes, towns and cities provide so much loot that its hardly worth to explore once you find one, while now you will need to keep looking and going into tougher biomes to find those precious POIs that have great loot such as the big gunstore etc.

Well...I also thought that the city is very small. What would limit looting, you could just make harder stay there. But as say - that design choice :)

Not sure if you are aware, but with any entity in the scout group, they all get the ability to summon. The summon function is not tied to the screamer itself. Thats why I was thinking that having up to 20 scouts could get very large very quickly if they all see you.

with the day 1-70 set, you would get 1 at a time, but from just 1 heat trigger you would keep getting 1 at a time until all 20 had spawned, and if in that time you had another heat trigger, you'd start getting 2 at a time etc.

I just did some testing, you are right on the screamer part, It seems to have changed I am sure a few alphas ago I could replace the scouts with normal zombies no issues. But yeah even the dogs now call upon zombies, bit cheesy since they do not scream. Probably should keep to screamers only then.

But it still only summoned 1 screamer and then stopped at day 1-70. I used the spawnscouts command, 1 was called, 1 in wave, 1 alive and when I popped it the horde was ended, no new ones were spawned.

I guess I will update the spawn files for the mod in version 1.02 then so it will be only screamers that come then, to bad then :)

@ Gamer_62

Did you try the spawnfile I made that I listed as easy in the last version or the one with vanilla spawns. Zombies should there be managable, and there is no shame in using a lower amount of spawn in options for this or to go down a difficulty level than you would normally play. Its intended for nomad, warrior at max difficulties mostly, as you are already extra challenged by the loot rebalance.

Edit: Uploaded version 1.02 which fixes the scout hordes to not be so overpowering.

Well...I also thought that the city is very small. What would limit looting, you could just make harder stay there. But as say - that design choice :)

Did you actually make it there already, or did you just scout it with teleporter? The biome surrounding it should not be easy to pass and has many POIs that should be shops and city buildings, making the 1500 block radius in center filled with loot, if you can manage the cops, ferals and dogs coming to munch you :)

The files contain a readme I added which have instructions to only use the world and not the rest. You can easily leave out certain xmls actually. The only ones you need for a full experience of this RWG are the prefabs, biomes, rwgmixer (and blocks/localization to fix an issue when using certain prefabs as decoration with placeholder blocks). The rest is optional, traders adds in lot of extra stock for them, loot rebalances the loot which you should try out (lot of work in that one too), items mainly adds in some stack size changes, and entitygroups/spawning/entityclasses for the zombie spawning and some updates to their health and lootgroups.

That's cool~ I'll definitely give this a go on my next playthrough. Kinda just started on my current one not too long ago and don't really wanna jump over to a new game at this time. Mainly because I found a spiked club and hunting knife schematic both on Day 2! XD

I just did some testing, you are right on the screamer part, It seems to have changed I am sure a few alphas ago I could replace the scouts with normal zombies no issues. But yeah even the dogs now call upon zombies, bit cheesy since they do not scream. Probably should keep to screamers only then.

But it still only summoned 1 screamer and then stopped at day 1-70. I used the spawnscouts command, 1 was called, 1 in wave, 1 alive and when I popped it the horde was ended, no new ones were spawned.

Ok cool :)

I havent actually tried having a total number higher than my per wave number in screamer groups so hadn't noticed that it only did the first wave.

I have unique entities to add to the screamers so they are a bit distinguishable from regular zombies, like a dog that has spider sounds, and a tall dark skinned UMA that runs fast but has low HP.

How can i use this with Valmod?

This post I will reserve for some more teasers and later some additional information on the mod (and the complete overhaul version that also rebalances skills and items that is coming in the near future).

EF5394BE084709D2846A058D21243CB8ADD0BC7E

F409E7E845A4BDC87536278AC56EA634CAF17159

B29C013B5DD2A164EE36FF6B06822CECA2A4B9C3

AF92206D5846AB3F6149EC9C4A1C94B9EBA384B1

I tried to just copy your rwgmixer over but my seeds end up looking like this.

1478492267239.thumb.jpg.3b0d714c3ed6fc63533aa7b9f24b9a3b.jpg

The center is all wasteland, Anything else i could try? Your mod is great, I'd just love to be able to run it with Valmod is all.

I think it should be possible to combine this with valmod, but It might need some combining of some XML code, will have to look at what Valmod has all changed, since I think his mod is an extensive overhaul. I will take a look at his code later to see what the options are, maybe I can release a tweak that can combine this and his work easily.

But the seed is good, the center is supposed to be all wasteland, and it seems that valmod added a key to the biome generator but forgot to add the city biome :)

Ok cool :)

I havent actually tried having a total number higher than my per wave number in screamer groups so hadn't noticed that it only did the first wave.

I have unique entities to add to the screamers so they are a bit distinguishable from regular zombies, like a dog that has spider sounds, and a tall dark skinned UMA that runs fast but has low HP.

Thats cool, yeah I have been thinking it could be a nice addition to this to add in your UMA zombies (as it seems you made them work better) to this at some point, probably not to hard to combine our mods or make a special version.

As for Valmod

I have added a new rar (Gnamod Valmod Combine) to the download folder that contains the World ONLY version of the mod that uses the valmod blocks.xml, spawning.xml and localization.txt. I added to those files the minimal changes needed to get the proper world functionality with the 4 sizes to choose from. You will lose his special spawn groups on some POIs for this. Just copy the files for the world size you want AFTER you have installed all Valmod files (overwrite the files).

@ abbysyabby

Let me know if you run into any trouble using this as I have not the time to install and run Valmod at the moment, its only some minor changes to these files so it should be no issue to get it working.

Oh wow, You did that quick! Got off work just in time for a treat. I really appreciate that! I'll let you know if i come across any bugs, Thank you kindly good sir :)

Update:

Everything works just fine. Just another question though, I've been trying to learn how to edit the rwgmixer.xml (Haven't found a very helpful threads thus far, Just bits and pieces here and there) my self and i was wondering if you could tell me how to change the Wasteland biom around the city into a snow biom. I don't quite understand how you made a perfect circle around it either (No need to explain, I'm sure that would be time consuming). I'm guessing there is more than just the rwgmixer.xml to be tweaked though. If you could direct me to the code to change the wasteland around that city into a snow biom instead that would be great, If not no big deal. I'll eventually figure it out.

Oh wow, You did that quick! Got off work just in time for a treat. I really appreciate that! I'll let you know if i come across any bugs, Thank you kindly good sir :)

Update:

Everything works just fine. Just another question though, I've been trying to learn how to edit the rwgmixer.xml (Haven't found a very helpful threads thus far, Just bits and pieces here and there) my self and i was wondering if you could tell me how to change the Wasteland biom around the city into a snow biom. I don't quite understand how you made a perfect circle around it either (No need to explain, I'm sure that would be time consuming). I'm guessing there is more than just the rwgmixer.xml to be tweaked though. If you could direct me to the code to change the wasteland around that city into a snow biom instead that would be great, If not no big deal. I'll eventually figure it out.

The following line almost at the end of the rwgmixer.xml file makes the wasteland in the center (the total radius depends on the size of the map). If you remove this you will get random biomes in center instead, you could change wasteland_hub to snow if you want Snow biome or city_wasteland if you want a Snow Wasteland in the center instead (which is actually a bit tougher), you could also choose wasteland or burnt_forest to appear there.

<!-- Center Wasteland (Overwrites All) -->

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland_hub">
		<distance_from_center range="0,1250"/> 
	</biome_spawn_rule>

But I must warn you, the center wasteland performs a function in the world, it extends the 'minimal' city in the center (which is only 4 blocks of 4 POIS which are all good ones, no broken buildings). Removing it will remove the ability for shops and other wasteland buildings to appear in the center around it. This will also make it easy to get to the small central city, but if that is what you want. The world philosophy is that you start out in the green biomes, explore out into the other biomes around it like desert, wasteland, burned forest and then venture into the center when you are stronger. For a final challenge you can move outwards to the map edge into the nuclear winter.

Hey Haidrgna. Gnamod + Valmod Rad Expansion Edition.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUy3Vc1V5QEZUdhb0RJY0cwSUU

I installed this about an hour after you posted the link and am on Day 6 of a new RandomGen map. So far, it plays well. I like the random POIs in areas that I am not used to seeing them. It adds an interesting roleplaying perspective.

I spawned near a trader although the beginning quest sent me to a trader far away. Also, one of the traders did not have any roads leading to it. He was just out in a field.

I found some houses that had flooded basements (that was new to me since I usually play Navez map).

The worst part I have seen so far is the lack of good roads for minibike travel. Lots of gravel roads that go straight up to mountain peaks and drop off the back side and gravel roads that go straight into lakes. I have sprained my leg twice from running over a hill and falling off the back side.

My wife was watching over my shoulder and asked why the roads kept going into the water and I told her because the nearby dam failed and the region was flooded. The look on her face and her response was priceless. She said, "Wow... those designers really thought of everything."

;-)

I installed this about an hour after you posted the link and am on Day 6 of a new RandomGen map. So far, it plays well. I like the random POIs in areas that I am not used to seeing them. It adds an interesting roleplaying perspective.

I spawned near a trader although the beginning quest sent me to a trader far away. Also, one of the traders did not have any roads leading to it. He was just out in a field.

I found some houses that had flooded basements (that was new to me since I usually play Navez map).

The worst part I have seen so far is the lack of good roads for minibike travel. Lots of gravel roads that go straight up to mountain peaks and drop off the back side and gravel roads that go straight into lakes. I have sprained my leg twice from running over a hill and falling off the back side.

My wife was watching over my shoulder and asked why the roads kept going into the water and I told her because the nearby dam failed and the region was flooded. The look on her face and her response was priceless. She said, "Wow... those designers really thought of everything."

;-)

Yeah I really wish I had some control over the roads more than what blocks they are and what decorations spawn on them. I seen them go into water too and make those drops sometimes, tho most of the roads are very nice. Its just that it seems to cut through whatever terrain there is, some areas have more rugged terrain than others. But its mostly the main roads that cause these drops, these just flatten the area around it instead of smoothing it, the small roads follow the terrain thats created after the roads.

I have good hopes that the socket system once done for A16 will give some more control and remove all those flattening (or at least give us modders more control over it). But for now, I think it still looks very good :)

I would love to hear if any server owners have adopted this mod for their (public) servers and have it running (or only the world). Would be interesting for me to see and hear how it works out and maybe also post some links where people can play my mod, or see it in effect before they decide to download. Any feedback or request are also welcome.

In future I will work mostly on a version of this mod that is a more complex overhaul of the vanilla gameplay, making it more challenging in a (hopefully fun way), and also challenging for team play without adding in specialization classes (can use Valmod for that if that is your thing). I will still keep the world and simple overhaul version update with anything that fits it and bug/error fixes of course.

So, once You have added new biomes in the mod, i want to ask:

- I also added three new biome and it seemed to me that sometimes (very rarely) I get an error and stops generating chunks, in this case, it seems to be from my side there are no errors....

Have you ever noticed similar?

Thats because you cannot add in new biomes. I changed existing biomes, the wasteland_hub, city_wasteland and city biomes specifically and changed the appearance of the others. wasteland_hub is used normally only in cities and then only the spawns, it does not use the terrain for it in RWG. city_wasteland is Gravestown in navezgane and city is Diersville in Navezgane, and I think even there they are mainly used for their spawns rather than terrain.

Adding any new biome that is not in the library hard coded will give errors the moment a player enters it (I think Tin discovered it was because of the biome sounds) and kill the chunk generator. So until they add a way for us to add in new biomes, you will have to do with what is there. Otherwise I would have probably added in at least 10 more biomes :)

Yes, i know :) - i tried to add the biomes in A12, after - i threw. I've seen these limitations when dealing with sound.enviroments.manadger (.dll).

But now, with the advent of the new section in the RWG is made possible! Looks workable! ;)

The sounds can be changed too, but unfortunately - with big limitations.

I studied Your work, basically You use these biomes as a transition buffer. For me it's a expensive waste/cost!

I use them as regular biomes.

Although, i still can't come up with the content for the loot - to justify their presence :D

But, i asked - have You noticed any problems? (In this way - as You have in Your mod).

They all seem to work perfectly so far (I played to day 28 solo and did much testing before, not gotten any error posts yet either), only had problems when trying to use the Cave biomes, those don't want to work. I once accidentally removed them and that caused random one time error to kill the chunk loader as well, so you should leave em in or remove caves :)

You can also get error when the terrain is forced to high up, but thats not a biome error.

I know what you mean by the biomes, but other limitations also made it was not possible what I really wanted, I like the transition biomes and would do more of them and then use the wastelands for actual diversity. But would also need to add in new blocks with new lootgroups and new pois to really make them different. I will likely do that for what I have, at least adding in some new blocks/lootgroups for the harder biomes and tougher zombies for them as well.

You can also get error when the terrain is forced to high up, but thats not a biome error.

Hmmm....did You notice that before the appearance of the A15 ?

by the way, note: that there is an error occurring in plains associated with stability support.

Hmmm....did You notice that before the appearance of the A15 ?

This error I mean is when you let the terrain generator go above 190

<module name="clampOutput" type="ClampOutput">
			<property name="sourceModule" value="scaleBiasOutput"/>
			<property name="bounds" value="-28,190"/>
		</module>

It will then throw you an error if you reach a mountain that is pushed up to high as a result. The limit seems to be 162 blocks, it normally flattens there, but you can push it up higher using the bounds higher than 190.

But no I did not notice this before A15, since we didnt have these neat terrain handles to play with yet.

by the way, note: that there is an error occurring in plains associated with stability support.

What kind of error is that, is it in vanilla game or in my modding specifically?

What kind of error is that, is it in vanilla game or in my modding specifically?

Oh, no ...this is vanilla - notice since A14... maybe even A13. Appears once upon the touch of the object in plains (grass?).

Goes out the red error and then you can continue and it did not happen again until you reload savegame.

Oh, no ...this is vanilla - notice since A14... maybe even A13. Appears once upon the touch of the object in plains (grass?).

Goes out the red error and then you can continue and it did not happen again until you reload savegame.

Does not sound like something I encountered before, and certainly not in A15, unless you mean the triangulation error that sometimes happens when digging, the pieces of floating dirt/clay that you have to use frames to get rid off or they make holes in the world/strange terrain shapes.

Archived