A16 - GNAMOD World {Improved of RWG world, Improved loot balance, Improved spawns}

Haidrgna

Ok. Thank you for the reply .

There are so many elements I would like to integrate from a variety of mods .. It's a bit of chore to figure out how without destroying the game

Getting rid of traders for instance

Nice rwg loot and biom dispersion

Good zombie variety and prefab without going I to the 100s

Gated skill advancement that doesn't need a map lol

Encourage head shots and melee

Val and spider have great overhauls which have elements I would love pick from and add to UI overhauls and your mod ..... Sounds like a ton of work lol

Actually getting rid of traders is rather easy. There are only 5 POIs of them, removing or setting probability to 0 for these in rwgmixer.xml will get rid them, as in they wont spawn in the world. Not sure what it does with the quest, probably should remove the trigger of that too tho.

But I get what you want, I like the same, and will go for that again in A16, for 15 I feel it wasted effort because so much seems to be changing.

What is "underwater_pile"? Is this a custom prefab you made? What does it look like?

No its actually a vanilla POI I found within the Prefabs folder. They are some kind of piles with grass blocks, corpses and a safe or gun safe. I think it may be something from Navezgane or planned to be used when underwater decorations become a thing. I made it a rare spawn I think in the burned forest, have not actually run into it so might be a little to rare. But its just a terrain decoration biome.

Hello....Few Q.

1: does this Use the Combo pack for the POI's?

2: which on of these versions is just a standalone RWG/Biome overhaul.

i'm building Mod for My server and i would like to use this if it has all the Combo pack POIS.

i enjoy the change of scenery.and those lines in the biomes are getting old to look at..i miss old way

1: No it uses all vanilla POIs only. Not sure how its been in 15.1, but in 15.0 the custom prefabs gave errors for clients, so I didnt include any. I think its not to hard to include any in my lists, at least I tried to make my xml file be readable and clean for editing. I am staying clear of any custom POIs before A16, when that one is here I might take a go at learning prefabbing and maybe including other peoples prefabs if they fit what I want.

2: You should use the World ONLY version for that, these are mainly the files to get the world and a few small fixes to spawning for the City biome I use, and wasteland. Ideally you probably want to take the spawning file or at least the part for biomes and use that, but it works with the vanilla if you define the city as if it were snow biome.

Yeah the biomes.xml is a dragon of a file to edit, especially with all these small biomes for the ore distribution.

But you are free to use whatever you need, though referring back here to players would be welcome :)

1: No it uses all vanilla POIs only. Not sure how its been in 15.1, but in 15.0 the custom prefabs gave errors for clients, so I didnt include any. I think its not to hard to include any in my lists, at least I tried to make my xml file be readable and clean for editing. I am staying clear of any custom POIs before A16, when that one is here I might take a go at learning prefabbing and maybe including other peoples prefabs if they fit what I want.

2: You should use the World ONLY version for that, these are mainly the files to get the world and a few small fixes to spawning for the City biome I use, and wasteland. Ideally you probably want to take the spawning file or at least the part for biomes and use that, but it works with the vanilla if you define the city as if it were snow biome.

Yeah the biomes.xml is a dragon of a file to edit, especially with all these small biomes for the ore distribution.

But you are free to use whatever you need, though referring back here to players would be welcome :)

yeah...i wont forget you :)

i own a Whitelisted server anyways..and it's not very kind one either....people quit because it's to hard lol

your Biomes are very natural looking.

but i will tell you this..i'm running the Combo Pack (last version) it seems to be fine.

i noticed a few blocks here and there that were out of place but no big deal

nothing seemed broken and my city's look like cities.

https://cbsm.envul.com/view-7-days-to-die-map-3641/

this my server right now if you want to see what spawns are like.Im about to apply a MOD i been building soon and i will be restarting

(would like to recruit some Hardcore players also)

and this some fantastic work.

one of my next projects is learn the RWGmixer

Well just finished merging our biome.xml's and I must say you certainly squeezed out every bit of usable space for decorating RWG. Very nice job. And your terrain layout is much more natural looking than vanilla too.

Thanks, yeah I like how it turned out as well :)

- - - Updated - - -

i was going through your files (good clean work btw)

and i noticed you brought back the Radiation zones...how does that work?

i know the radiation resistance is NUll right now so if you get infected you die?

I didnt actually, they are still the same as they are, I only fixed that it creates working decorations which it does not do in vanilla. The line about water filluporg is the one that fixes this. Radiation not sure it works, besides the extreme killing you kind.

If i where to ... modify the behaviour of the zombie entities, for instance;

1) Extend Health

2) Change Spawn rate and location by type

3) Change damage and default behaviour

4) Encourage Headshots

5) increase limb damage to encourage disabling if HS are not working :) (ferals)

Not sure if this is at all possible, though i know TS is doing it using a custom buff .. i am however using your MOD as the "base" since i really like the changes to the random map gen and biom changes for loot distro and "beautification" ...

I am thinking the changes would need to be made in the items.xml, and entiryclasses.xml to start ... and biom/poi for spawn behaviour .. thats about as far as i know so far lol ..

I did mention in a different thread the integration of other mods from VAL and UI Overhaul i am attempting to meld as well .. trying to maintain some vanilla as some the full overhaul mods seem to put a ton of focus on skill gating and levelling .. which unless you have a "ton" of time on your hands..... good luck.

In the end i just a nice looking environment that makes sense, with a "modified/enhanced" vanilla crafting and building, but, balanced by zombie aggression, good spawns and balanced skill progression ..

1) skill progression is not gated, only the perks gained thorugh normal skill prgression

2) books provide skill paths or skill points/or if skill path known bonus SP in that skill path

3) extended skill path SP requirement ... since its always easy to find some exploit to level fast... fine grind it baby

4) any item (other then gated items provided by perks) can be crafted regardless of skill .. though obviously you would never be able to build a better bow without first having the proper skill path, or make forged iron without first knowing WTF that is.

its always been a bit of bug bear of mine with the skill system completely gating the player with obscure requirements and ridiculous number of workstations making it impossible for a single player to work by themselves unless "very" lucky with loot and spawns early on. This is any form of vanilla, TS, and VAL ive played so far.

Anyway ... enough of my rambling.. keep up the good work

1) Extended health, you can modify this in entityclasses.xml, it is not so hard, every zombie has it listed or takes it from the basic zombie. I think I buffed them slightly for this mod, but you could easily increase it more if you wanted too.

2) I have made my spawning lists in such a way they can tuned up quickly, every biome has one (even the ones in vanilla that do not have one such as the water biome). You can find the lists they draw from in entitygroups.xml, all the vanilla zombies are in all of the list, even if they are not called upon. I made probabilty in such a way that its total 100, so you have a good idea how much % chance each on the list has. So removing 1 from a zombie you can add it to another.

3) The damage zombies do is actually based on their hand item, which I have modified a bit, so certain zeds already do a bit more damage than vanilla. But you can tune them or add new hands to give to zombies easily in the items.xml. Though their behavior is mostly based on the limited zombie AI and can be modified a bit in entityclasses.xml (changing the order in which their behavior is listed or adding/removing it). I have not changed any of this, in my Nomad version I made zombies all able to climb though.

4) If you increase their health you will already encourage headshots, but you could go further by adding a line to each item that reduces damage to the torso : <property name="DamageBonus.torso" value="0.5" />, this would halve the damage to torso's I think, if it works as I have not yet used this myself. Another way is to increase the damage done with headshots.

5) Limbs take no damage I think, so increasing damage against them would not work, instead you would need to increase the dismemberment chance, though since this also applies to heads taking them off no matter how much HP left, makes it a very powerful mechanic. Though I think damage does increase the chances, you could try a damage bonus vs legs on say a shotgun or something.

Myself I am also not a fan of directly gating stuff behind classes or elaborate chains of workbenches or crafts. I did make an extensive rework of the skill system actually for A15 like I did for A14, but I never took it out of beta as it was just to much mostly, players would need to learn a whole new playstyle for it. But it does something A16 is going to add in, gating quality behind perks, so for that I wont need to do it as much I hope.

I didnt do the extensive overhaul this alpha because I felt much of the vanilla core systems are actually already quite good in A15, so I just changed what I thought was really needed to make the world work and make the game more enjoyable. And I am happy people are enjoying the world(s) I created :)

kool .. i believe i understand the majority of this with one exception

5) The damage bonus would be, DamageBonus.head value=%% .. but the damage to legs/limbs for dismemberment using as suggested ... the shotgun .. would that be a damage bonus applied to the shotgun item ? and if so .. would it require a new property value ?

Cheers.

5) The damage bonus would be, DamageBonus.head value=%% .. but the damage to legs/limbs for dismemberment using as suggested ... the shotgun .. would that be a damage bonus applied to the shotgun item ? and if so .. would it require a new property value ?

Cheers.

Yeah you would need to apply a property DamageBonus.legs to the weapon in addition to the properties it has. Will need to test if it works, it could also be .limbs or even leftLeg and rightLeg. I have not tried this, so for me its only theory. I know people have used .torso before so I think that one should work.

Cheers.

entityclasses.xml

<property name="HeadDismemberBaseChance" value="0"/>
<property name="HeadDismemberBonusChance" value="0"/>
<property name="HeadDismemberThreshold" value="100"/> <!-- if the total damage exceeds that value, there is a chance for dismemberment -->
<property name="LowerLegDismemberThreshold" value="100"/>
<property name="LowerLegDismemberBaseChance" value="0"/>
<property name="LowerLegDismemberBonusChance" value="0"/>
<property name="UpperLegDismemberThreshold" value="100"/>
<property name="UpperLegDismemberBaseChance" value="0"/>
<property name="UpperLegDismemberBonusChance" value="0"/>
<property name="LowerArmDismemberThreshold" value="100"/>
<property name="LowerArmDismemberBaseChance" value="0"/>
<property name="LowerArmDismemberBonusChance" value="0"/>
<property name="UpperArmDismemberThreshold" value="100"/>
<property name="UpperArmDismemberBaseChance" value="0"/>
<property name="UpperArmDismemberBonusChance" value="0"/>
<property name="LegCrawlerThreshold" value="0"/> <!-- at like .175 nearly every zombie knocked down from a leg hit turns into a crawler -->
<property name="LegCrippleThreshold" value="0.01"/>
<property name="KnockdownProneDamageThreshold" value="100"/>
<property name="KnockdownProneStunDuration" value="4,6"/>
<property name="KnockdownProneRefillRate" value="0.045,0.045"/>
<property name="KnockdownKneelDamageThreshold" value="100"/>
<property name="KnockdownKneelStunDuration" value="5,7"/>
<property name="KnockdownKneelRefillRate" value="0.045,0.045"/>
<property name="LegsExplosionDamageMultiplier" value="0"/>
<property name="ArmsExplosionDamageMultiplier" value="0"/>
<property name="HeadExplosionDamageMultiplier" value="0"/>
<property name="ChestExplosionDamageMultiplier" value="0"/>

The values I used on a "super boss" so its impossible to decapitate or dismember. Adjust as necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

5) Limbs take no damage I think, so increasing damage against them would not work, instead you would need to increase the dismemberment chance, though since this also applies to heads taking them off no matter how much HP left, makes it a very powerful mechanic. Though I think damage does increase the chances, you could try a damage bonus vs legs on say a shotgun or something.

Limbs have individual hitboxes and health as far as Im aware.

nice thanks .. helps alot..

Question then .. if i where to add for instance..

to a shotgun ... would that "add" to any additional bonuses on the entity class then as well ? .. i imagine it would based on what has been said thus far.

nice thanks .. helps alot..

Question then .. if i where to add for instance..

to a shotgun ... would that "add" to any additional bonuses on the entity class then as well ? .. i imagine it would based on what has been said thus far.

Dismemberment chance and threshold is configured on the entity side, not the weapon.

For custom items you will always want to add these lines so you can set an icon, name and description for it (if needed).

[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="CustomIcon" value="xxx" />[/b][/color] <!-- sets icon, think you can refer to name of custom icon or existing item that has one, such as "machete" will make the item icon appear as the machete item.
[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="CustomIconTint" value="DE5912"/>[/b][/color] <!-- Sets color of icon, optional -->
[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="TitleKey" value="xxx"/>[/b][/color] <!-- this refers to Localization.txt, will set the displayed name of the item. -->
[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="DescriptionKey" value="xxx"/>[/b][/color] <!-- also refers to Localization.txt, sets the item's description -->

Gotcha.. that makes sense from what i saw in the rest of the items.xml .. thanks ... for some reason the Original post from Val had them commented out ... not sure why ..

Also... looking under the items at the weapons ,they do have damagebonus property .... Perhaps they can adopt the same properties applied to zombies to increase their situational usefulness .. ?

Dismemberment chance and threshold is configured on the entity side, not the weapon.

There is stoneaxe with;

<property name="DismembermentBaseChance" value="0,0"/>

<property name="DismembermentBonus" value="0,0"/>

Leads me to believe it possible to apply bonus damage and dismemberment chance to weapons as well .. just not sure what the 2 variables refer to .. percent chance and threshold i would imagine .. next mystery.

I think all weapons have those lines, I think they add or alter the base chance of dismemberment. But I guess this could also mean that the stone axe will actually not be able to dismember at all, not sure though but I never really use it as a weapon so I would not know.

But Machete and Axe have a higher value for it.

I noticed that as well .. I think I found another older post where they worked what the values ment .... I'm just trying to do a weapon mod which is a little more weapon focused on situational bonuses as opposed to having 200 weapons doing the same thing .. Purpose driven really, and sadly it's either HS or limb damage ...

Next I changed the class system to just add one bonus skill which just synergizes with existing skills to either add a positive modifier and or a perk set with gated bonuses schematics.... Nothing prevents you from making something unless it's a gated perk providing you with a new skill.... So far it looks good on paper ... I mean I like valmod and true survival but .. Sometimes it seems a little overwhelming and over complicated and each OH is far to deep to reverse engineer.. Which is why I like Gnamod so much, it alters just enough to provide me a palate to paint on.

Gnamod & Overhauls:

Yeah most of the overhaul mods are really that, they change about almost everything and there are not much 'opt-outs' if you do not like a certain feature. But that is also due to the nature of how modding can be done, certain stuff needs you to fix things in several files to make it work, making removing suchs a feature almost impossible later on, or even changing it. Thats the reason why this itteration of Gnamod is so simple, I wanted to do the full overhaul but decided to first release a simple version that would play like vanilla and be mostly compatible with it. But I then realized the overhaul was not needed and possibly would not have been as popular either.

The overhaul would have completely changed the skill system for example, I had 3 skills for weapon/tool crafting, tiered, there was one for simple stone and wooden tools, one for iron smithing and one for steel smithing. Then a bunch of perks to specialize in them and get better quality (similar to how A16 is going to be). I also created a specific skill for making ammo, assembling weapons, split science into chemistry, mechanics and electronics, added cooking skill. I also made an action skill + mastery perks for each tool and weapon type and each type of gun. But this meant changing and adding items for it as well, the skill usage is not set in progression.xml but rather items.xml. This alone made it a totally different game, tested it and it worked, but it felt like it was not needed.

Skills:

You mean the skills and perks a player has/can learn? Thats progression.xml. All of it is in there, skills I think always start at level 1 and perks at level 0. But anything you add there should be added to the list a player has.

So if you make a skill that has max level 1, a player will start with it maxed out. You can use skills like this to apply effects to players if you like as well, certain attributes are not easy to change due to them being hard coded (like hunger, thirst, stamina drain for example), but when using a skill you can apply a 'global' multiplier to it to change it. In my nomad mod I doubled the hunger and thirst rate by adding it to the athletics skill.

A16:

In A16 I might do an overhaul along side a world mod version, but I really liked the creation of RWG world and terrain painting, its likely I will keep it simple again mostly and instead focus on creating POIs and further improving what I have and specialized in: RWG, Loot and zombie spawning.

Perhaps in A16 it could be nice to work with someone else on a complete overhaul, but my focus on overhaul will always be to make the game harder and tougher so that players like me with lots of hours in the game can have a challenge without to much fuss or complete re-learning of the game because stuff is locked by a class you do not have.

It all sounds great.

By the time a16 rolls out I should have enough understanding to make a real go at a mod .. so yes please keep up with the good work on this rendition of gnamod .. It's in a perfect niche :) for now I'll just continue to plug away at the weapons and skills and possibly a few special zoms.

Cheers

So, if I use the WORLD ONLY version, would a single map always have all the prefabs you have added or are prefabs randomly added and then some might not appear on the map? I would just like to generate a map that has all the prefabs, because I don't want to miss out on a cool one :p

Secondly, I am waiting for V4.3 of War of the Walkers, which will also add a bunch of prefabs. Would it be possible for me to combine the two mods so that your mod handles the generation and then use the prefabs of both mods?

I haven't looked at how prefabs works yet, so I guess I'm trying to take a shortcut and ask you the question.

Even if it will take some work, I'm willing to put in the effort to run the two mods together.

I'll dig around in the Xml files later tonight and see what I can find myself if you haven't had a chance to answer by then :)

EDIT:

I saw your response to questions like merging with the starvation mod and guess your answer would be similar to my question. I'll wait for the V4.3 release of War of the walkers and then I'll compare the files of the two mods to try and decide whether I would be able to merge the two with my limited knowledge.

Once A16 hits, I'll probably run 15 for a while anyway, since I cannot play vanilla anymore, I need my mods :p

If it is prefabs only it probably comes down to adding them to the lists I made in the rwgmixer.xml. Should be sort of straight forward, I grouped up buildings, though its not quite the same as in vanilla, the groupings sort of make sense. So for each addition you will make you just have to figure out a group that it would fit in, add it and make sure the total probability is still 100 (of they are not all 1, then give the new ones also a 1 so they have equal chance).

If you use World Only it will 'Probably' spawn in all prefabs in the world, though I think I made the Hospital and School ones a bit to rare, you could up probability on those. But since the world is so big I think every other will spawn in at least once if not dozens of times, though I made some deliberately rarer due to their strength or supposed rarity (Such as the fallout shelters, the indian burial mount, the ski lodge)

But you can if you take the time a bit to study the lists alter probabilities so they are less rare to make sure you find them (as it is unlikely you will uncover the whole world in one play, even if you are very persistant) a 10000 meter radius is a rather large area (unless you take the smaller maps ofc :)

Also while you wait, you could also run the complete mod for a bit, see how it suits you. It certainly increases over the vanilla experience, with the loot table rebalance and unique zombie spawning should make it interesting enough until V4.3 of War of the Walkers is ready.

Awesome!

Thank you for the explanation.

I think I will give it go and play around a bit in the XML files.

I've tried valmod and are currently checking out Project Z.

I've also edited their XML files to add my own recipes and to tweak various things to the way I preferred from playing and finding things I wanted a bit different, so I am familiar with editing the XML files, but I am by no means an educated tweaker :p

I've almost maxed out all stat's and have purple level gear, so maybe it is time to start it all over again and give your overhaul a go...

Archived