A16 - GNAMOD World {Improved of RWG world, Improved loot balance, Improved spawns}

Haidrgna

Great mod!

Just started using the world only for Valmod.

It's great. Some poi placement is odd. I found an office building in the middle of a forest, on he top of a hill. But hey ho!

Ran in to a small hickup, I use Valmod's Expansion, with less gating.

So wood frames still only need wood to upgrade. But with your files, I need a carpentry kit. Which you can't make in the expansion. Lol

Anyhoo, I figured out the block.xml file, and changed carpentry kit back to wood for frame upgrades. And they work now. Hopefully no more surprises later on!

And put those <!-- --> bits in the carpentry kit in items.xml

But now I can't open any loot containers.

And removed carpentry kits from the upgrade list of various items.

Did I need to block out the items bit?

If you find the cause let me know tho, that is if you can exclude any of the other possible causes (maybe try vanilla digging down in various biomes to see if it pops up there, or change some graphic settings). If its really a problem caused by my modding I will have to find the cause and fix it.

yeah, I did the vanilla on Snowbiome test, It was working correctly, Well it was very fun mod thou a bit lacking probably mostly how limited you are at the moment, maybe later during the road it will be a lot more (when you get more options to add custom towns and such)

I like towns to be honest more than crossing, its mostly due to the high amount loot vs the high risk

and the screamers yeah, they are an annoyance but scare me each time (due to low level and my metal hut (which I took over temporary for first week)

Also for gravel, I found TONS of it down near bedrock to be honest, not exactly at bedrock but near it. where I found iron and the nit resource (can't remember the exact name, but u know what I mean) [i think it was on the DS, can't remember anymore since I Am playing both on my DS and on SP. (SP for testing stuff, how much I should buff items damage per quality, 3x is a good choice, makes it better since I feel like its better to use a 400 pistol thats fully repaired than a 500 half broken one on vanilla, hence why I upped the damage so it makes you despair every time you repair a high Quality thing instead of doing meh it was only 1 damage at most.... let's not go off topic)

Well I did test out the snow biome on vanillia and on modded (with GNAmod, Horde only run, and my weapon modifcations) and both on remote (DS) and modded was snowing the blackiness when mining.

I know it was lights not calculating right in a small hole where I mined since every time I moved up the light refactions changed dunno what caused it really, maybe its the block changes?

then again I was using huge open on a 8GB DS, might have been the problem, just too lazy to host the game on my PC... need to upgrade my server but for 32GB I need to switch mobo *sigh*should go looking for cheap xeon DDR2/DDR3 motherboards + cpu some day

Wish I never got the tip from my steam friend to try out 7dtd.... Played 144hrs since I tested it out.... and thats basically the only game I played since I Tried it out........ (Owned 7dtd for a few months just never bothered to play it)

Yes this game can be very addicting, once you start playing it does not let you go.

I have high hopes for A16 to improve upon this mod, with sockets working I hope to be able to have actual towns spawn and better looking cities that wont break the terrain.

It could very well just be a memory problem then, this game uses a lot. I see blocks turn to black or becoming weird on servers sometimes when the server is heavily strained. FPS then also drops severly, but on SP I hardly notice that unless I spawn like 100+ UMA zombies at once, but thats asking for it.

I think there are some issues with the dedicated version of the game, sadly gives to much issues. I could just be that my world is to much for your dedicated server, my biomes are much more intense, heavy decorations and many trees. Toning that down might help, but thats not something you can mod fast, will need to go through all biomes and reduce the chances for almost everything, and then it may not look great either.

Disregard my last post about loot containers.

I uncommented the Carpentry Kit, all is good. :D

My new home is the top floor of the office building in the middle of the snow.

Zed's don't really notice me up here.

God knows how I'll get my Minibike up here when I get the bits.

Maybe I'll seal off a lower floor, and turn it in to a garage, accessed via with a drawbridge and ramp.

That said, there is a hill quite close by, almost as tall at the office block. ;)

Bridge time!

Haven't built one before, so it'll either be brilliant, or collapse and waste loads of resources. Lol

Then I can have my Minibike on the roof. :D

Yes this game can be very addicting, once you start playing it does not let you go.

I have high hopes for A16 to improve upon this mod, with sockets working I hope to be able to have actual towns spawn and better looking cities that wont break the terrain.

It could very well just be a memory problem then, this game uses a lot. I see blocks turn to black or becoming weird on servers sometimes when the server is heavily strained. FPS then also drops severly, but on SP I hardly notice that unless I spawn like 100+ UMA zombies at once, but thats asking for it.

I think there are some issues with the dedicated version of the game, sadly gives to much issues. I could just be that my world is to much for your dedicated server, my biomes are much more intense, heavy decorations and many trees. Toning that down might help, but thats not something you can mod fast, will need to go through all biomes and reduce the chances for almost everything, and then it may not look great either.

if you say that blocks can turn black or becoming on servers then I reckon its the server's amount of ram....

Well I did pick the huge option, didn't think of the servers ram (due to it being a headless, I guess 7dtd being still alpha the DS side isn't perfected yet. Well ITS a lot better than space engineers DS side.... which is so riddled with bugs that you cannot play on DS without limiting yourself to specific blocks (aka rotor/piston of Michael bay))

Well I am gonna go back to valmod with my item mods and hopefully some day make it into a horde only run with bandits enabled (which my friend is so annoying about.... why dont you add bandits for? well 1.... they are imba for day 1.... you end up with shotguns, sniper rifles explosive bolts etcetra already on day 1 which makes the game boring..... so I intended to add that after a month ingame and buff those suckers)

Well I loved the landscape to be hoenst, a lot of tons making wilderness usefull and the roads were awesome... but no towns making it somewhat desolate feeling... I hope the a16 will be awesome for you =)

The day you get towns working and I got more ram on my server than I will ever need for running 1 game server at the same time I will be using yours =) (8GB for a server is too little, sadly sold my old computer to get my new computer up n running, thankfully that sale saved my precious butt of having no computer at all.... (Bent pins on MoBo.. (Intel s***ks in terms of pins I prefer pins on CPU over MoBo, Need to think Vice versa when it comes to Intel... too used to AMD CPU's) )

Enough Off Topic

I love your mod, Don't have the ram on my server to run the huge and I don't want to leave the work to my Gaming Computer

since I don't want to run a single game 24/7 on it.... so I will wait at least till I upgraded the server.

Also the I had to find Jin's Used cars to find some cars to dissemble, far too few cars around..... and the wrench now that was a hard find (and short iron pipe, didn't get forge until day 2. well I had everything I needed for cement work by day 3 for some odd reason)

Also Guppy

About the underground garage with garage door and drawbridge..... yeah its all rage n awesomeness.... especially if you build 1 entrance and 1 exit.... with the exit having a ramp so you just fly out to the road.... =) (Havn't built it yet, I just got the idea! It needs to be a curve so you dont need to turn the moment you fly out.... since the exit cant be on the road, must be next to the road I don't like roads being hindered)

The more exiting POIs are placed at crossroads actually, so not sure what you mean by that. The wilderness will only contain houses, tents and that kind of POIs. The wastelands have better POIs in them, but also are far more dangerous to go into (if using the complete mod for sure).

I agree that one city is not enough and it is possible to bring them back into the world, you would probably need to restore some of the vanilla code back for it to work though, or make a new rule for a bigger city. The central wasteland is designed to be the remains of a city (sort of since A15 lacks the controls for a fully realistic ruined city) and the center of that is designed to be the place where the better POIs are while the surrounding wilderness POIs inside that wasteland are also the better ones.

Many people seem to dislike it, but I really wonder how many of them have actually played the full mod fully and actually 'walked' towards the central city without dying. I know the bike makes it much easier to just scoot past it all, but a fully geared high level character should still find a good challenge just going to the center.

Depending on the changes of A16, you guys will definitely get more of what you want, A15 is sadly to limited. Unless you like extremely steep drops created by cities plopped on the map at height 32 while the rest is 140+, because I do not :).

I really like bad company, but can't use your terrain enhancements with it at the same time. Merging the two is beyond m e (at least for now).

It'd be great once we get a16 to have badcompany's additional zombie and compo additions, and your improved terrain generation.

Bad Company indeed also uses an altered world file so a full merge would be hard to accomplish, but adding the Zombies from bad company to my mod should be easily doable, though a bit of work adding them to the spawn lists.

What you could do, is take the full Bad Company mod and only mod there the rwgmixer. Take the terrain generation and biome distribution (basically the bottom half) from my mod and put that in the the Bad Company file. If he did not modify the biomes.xml you can take that file then as well and then you will get Bad Company with my terrain and biomes in it. But you will also get his big cities to smash into the terrain as a bonus, but it should work I think.

If you only take the terrain/biome generator rules from my mod, you leave the town/poi generation rules of Bad Company intact. But yeah there is a reason I am not really modding much currently, by the time it may be finished it may also become obsolete again. I am hoping that the terrain generation rules can at least be salvaged for the new RWG in A16, but if Madmole gets specific terrain for specific biomes he wanted the rules may have to be rewritten for that as well, so we will have to see how that all pans out.

• 2 weeks later...
You will be able to make the adaptation of the mod Starvation? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49819-WIP-STARVATION-by-SDX-team Or throw the code separately?

I am not familiar with SDX modding, so I cannot say if it will be compatible. If that mod does not change things in rwgmixer.xml and biomes.xml it should be possible to apply the same fix that I applied for Valmod. Will have to look into it, but I already explained the basic steps needed to apply such a fix that should work with xml mods. This however seems to be more than a simple xml mod and thus it might not work at all.

You will be able to make the adaptation of the mod Starvation? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49819-WIP-STARVATION-by-SDX-team Or throw the code separately?

This is possible but it would be very hard and not a straight forward thing. Starvation has a heavily modified biome file and poi quest locations and a lot of other things. You would have to know everything about that mod and how it all interacts with each other just to merge those biome files.

Hi Haidrgna would it be ok if I used a modified version of your terrain/biome code in my next True Survival build?[/QUote]

I find that ok, only favor I ask in return is to mention me (and my mod) when you release it so people can find my work as well :)

this may have been asked already .... but .... With the pending A16 updated, will this mod need to be completely reworked? trying to decide if I should wait until after the release before using this MOD or upgrading to Spiders new integrated Survival mod when hes done.

Oh.. and i was wondering what the difference between the Standalone and World version (for MODS) .. What would i loose with this MOD when using it with other MODS ?

I assume .. any mod which modifies the rwg an bioms XML I would need to stay away from lol .. which would mean any Overhaul mod..

Which again was why i was asking... should i just wait for the new A16 before attempting to mod for my server.

This is possible but it would be very hard and not a straight forward thing. Starvation has a heavily modified biome file and poi quest locations and a lot of other things. You would have to know everything about that mod and how it all interacts with each other just to merge those biome files.

I already did. Here's what happened.

4bc97099e0f2144317371c5b13f23b34.jpeg

64dac4895f99fa3678003996a08cac09.jpeg

Download:

https://bitbucket.org/misteroleg0/starvation/raw/3c100bc1762fb41d3f4284101cbf09e26db5ec7c/Data.zip

this may have been asked already .... but .... With the pending A16 updated, will this mod need to be completely reworked? trying to decide if I should wait until after the release before using this MOD or upgrading to Spiders new integrated Survival mod when hes done.

Oh.. and i was wondering what the difference between the Standalone and World version (for MODS) .. What would i loose with this MOD when using it with other MODS ?

I assume .. any mod which modifies the rwg an bioms XML I would need to stay away from lol .. which would mean any Overhaul mod..

Which again was why i was asking... should i just wait for the new A16 before attempting to mod for my server.

I will update (or create partially anew) this world and a mod with that world when A16 is here. But you can be sure it will take a month or two from now before that is the case and maybe more. First A16 needs to go to complete and we see videos of Madmole flailing around, then we may get the experimental version (by then I can determine how much I can salvage, but probably will be able to salvage the terrain and biomes mostly). Then the full version will need to be complete and then I may have released something, but could take a while as I always play the game vanilla first for a bit to learn what has changed.

Standalone is my 'overhaul' mod for A15, not as extensive as I did in A14, but it has a completely re-balanced loot table (makes looting more interesting and more challenging), it has a better spawning file that creates more zombies around the world and POIs that fit with how the world was designed. While the World ONLY version is just that, its the basics that need to get the world and pois working with the vanilla game. There is also one of this that is designed to work with Valmod.

But yes any mod that overhauls the rwgmixer and biomes xmls will probably result in conflict unless you integrate them properly, which is not that easy sometime. Any mod that does not change this, should with a small fix detailed a bit back in this thread, work with the World ONLY version.

But I would say go ahead and mod and play the game, unless you really want to wait out for a few months before A16 comes. You can also try out my Gnamod World Ultra Nomad Mode mod that is derived from this mod (I linked to it in the main post). This is a nice mod for quick games or a team of survivors looking for something fresh. I played it today with two friends, we had lot of fun battling feral zombies in poorly defended houses.

Ok. Thank you for the reply .

There are so many elements I would like to integrate from a variety of mods .. It's a bit of chore to figure out how without destroying the game :)

Getting rid of traders for instance

Nice rwg loot and biom dispersion

Good zombie variety and prefab without going I to the 100s

Gated skill advancement that doesn't need a map lol

Encourage head shots and melee

Val and spider have great overhauls which have elements I would love pick from and add to UI overhauls and your mod ..... Sounds like a ton of work lol

Hello....Few Q.

1: does this Use the Combo pack for the POI's?

2: which on of these versions is just a standalone RWG/Biome overhaul.

i'm building Mod for My server and i would like to use this if it has all the Combo pack POIS.

i enjoy the change of scenery.and those lines in the biomes are getting old to look at..i miss old way

Archived