Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Posted (edited)
Subquake, have you thought about making a sorting machine that would sort things into containers? Not that this is 
very necessary in your mod at the moment, but I watch one streamer (Krabo Land Games), he is always crying - would 
anyone do something like this, since manual sorting takes a lot of time.

Edited by Verion17 (see edit history)

On 5/28/2024 at 5:17 PM, Verion17 said:
Subquake, have you thought about making a sorting machine that would sort things into containers? Not that this is 
very necessary in your mod at the moment, but I watch one streamer (Krabo Land Games), he is always crying - would 
anyone do something like this, since manual sorting takes a lot of time.

no, but that's an interesting suggestion, I'll have to think about that

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Subquake said:

no, but that's an interesting suggestion, I'll have to think about that

Just a FYI, but something like this will likely add to the computing power required for the game.  With the high CPU requirement in vanilla already and your overhaul mod.....

Single player games might be okay, but start adding more people in the world via multiplayer......

Not trying to persuade you not to look into this / try it, but I recalled another game (I think it was Factorio) where this was requested and the developer explained that the game was already using a lot of processing power and this would overtax it and affect the gameplay.

This is one of those things that would be nice to have, but once you start deep diving into it, you might realize you just opened a whole can of worms.  Of course, I would be glad if you were to prove my worries wrong and successfully implement it  😏

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think that necessary. Just craft a vault or something with lots of slots and dump all into it. After look for full stack, if there then place to corresponding crate with full stacks.  Saves lots of time.

On 5/29/2024 at 9:32 PM, BFT2020 said:

Not trying to persuade you not to look into this / try it, but I recalled another game (I think it was Factorio) where this was requested and the developer explained that the game was already using a lot of processing power and this would overtax it and affect the gameplay.

But when you have access to drones they easyly make this.

Edited by Hepo
add reply (see edit history)

On 6/13/2024 at 8:59 PM, Digdescript said:

hi, I don't know if it is possible at all, but much more useful thing in game would be ability to send drone to base to unload staff into designed dump chest. 

That would make cars useless though? But the idea of not having to drive your stuff to relocate base is kinda nice, not gonna lie...

Edited by Diaboliko (see edit history)

I doubt it's possible in this game without putting in far more effort than it's worth and also creating a lot more overhead. Only chunks near the player are loaded, so if you start loading other chunks then there's a lot more the game engine has to do. It would be similar to hosting a game for 1 friend while the two of you are in separate areas. Plus there's the UL overhead on top of that.

As is, there's *some* stuff going on for electricity and workstations, but that's really the only thing that happens in unloaded chunks.

Delivery drones were pretty cool in concept and execution in Planet Crafter. Maybe check that out if you're itching for seeing something like that in action.

Edited by Ranzera (see edit history)