Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

7 hours ago, Subquake said:

Извините, что у вас возникла такая проблема, я не копался в том, как работают звуки в игре, вы уверены, что испытываете эти проблемы только при игре в Undead Legacy или они есть и в ванили/других модах? Потому что вы первый, кто сообщает о такой проблеме.

I'm using only your mod at the moment
I have noticed that this happens when I return to base from a mission on a motorcycle (normal). there are mining mines at the base. After getting off the motorcycle, this problem begins.
Possibly due to my hardware, the problem started when the speed of the motorcycle was increased

On 3/30/2022 at 3:32 AM, Mc Draken said:

Hi Subquake, UndeadLegacy is awesome as hell and back.

Altough the skill system from the current basegame is abysmal.

I would like to show you my toughts on this, trough the following link:

My previous work on the topic

i would gladly help with working out an appealing skill-system.

We see many similarities, and have mutual toughts on how this game should be looking. Wish you the best, and keep up the amazing work!

My other topics:

Previous Contents

I did read the previous work and you have some great ideas.

Myself I think of 7DtD as really two games in one: Combat and Crafting, Why not have two skill point pools and two skill trees? If you kill zombies you get combat skills points as a reward to be be spent for only combat skills. Likewise anything else that you do like crafting, mining, farming, looting, construction etc give you points to spend in the Crafting skill tree.

Overlay this with a "use it to improve it system" like swing a sword to eventually do a little more damage with swords, Similarly if a player forges a lot of stuff they eventually get better forge yields or faster forging.

A player that spends all their time killing zombies will not be able to craft a better sword but he/she can kill tougher than average zombies in order to hopefully find or buy an okay sword. A player who has spent a lot of time crafting should have better crafted armor,  weapons, mods and ammo and thus have a decent fight against tougher zombies. The best gear in the game has to be crafted not looted or store bought. In a multiplayer setting players could specialize more than in a solo game.

Hello again Subquake , got a question and a few more idea's for you , my previous post is on page 119.

Are the sci fi doors broken atm? They stopped working , they are in a locked position from the way they were placed , some open , some closed and I can no longer use them.

========================================================================================================

Couple more ideas to add to the list if you like them or have time for that matter , I know your'e busy.

1.  Fire Extinguisher placeable for the walls.

2.  Rolled up Firehose for the placeable for the walls

3.  Various Stone Statues , I use Mannequins atm

4.  Make 2 new types of key racks , if it is possible .... Briefcase that is open that has the key in it to place next to a VIP corpse or Zombie

and the second one is an an actual corpse with a key in its hand.

I have been just placing the metal key rack on the ground next to a corpse , but a corpse or briefcase with a key/keys would look better imho

5. Key Cards for the Sci Fi doors 

=======================================================================================================

Also , as I mentioned before , I have been working on  a number POI's  that may interest you .  I will try and get a video or some screenshots soon.

If not that is cool ,  just enjoying your Mod and figured I would offer them up for others to use.

The 3 prefab airport set I made is around 20000 blocks , has 5 levels underground , it is a mega complex , Mostly done just trying to finish it up. 2 of the Airport prefabs make up a 14000 underground complex and the 3rd airport prefab has something a little different that I may move to a different POI , kind of a Goonies underground adventure with a pirate ship in it.

There is a lot of Jumping/ Parkour themes in the larger POI's as well as swimming and traps and pitfalls

I am planning on making most of this on/near the water as a port City

I will be incorporating some of the vanilla POI's  into it as well

1 High-rise made up of 7000 blocks , Has a plane crash on the 6-8th floor , total of 15 floors , 3 are underground.

A freeway system with 17 Poi's done with more to be added , variable modular system , Still a WIP

A Street System with Sewers below and without , 21 Streets and Sewer Poi's done , variable modular system also  Still a WIP

I also made a Bobby Bolivias used car lot , the used car salesman play by Bernie Mac in Transformers ,  it has an under ground MMA octagon fighting arena that can be gained access through the sewers.

Regardless , keep up the great work your doing :)

31 minutes ago, MrKawaii said:

Hi, I wanted to know how to teleport to trader Ellen? Otherwise, I can't find it on my map, and the trader search only gives out ordinary traders.(It just didn't appear on the map, recreated the world a couple of times.)

You have to generate a new world, make sure you're at least on 2.5.67 version of UL

I love this mod, just started new saved with my friends. But I've two "issues" with this mod.

I'm running mod on 20.3 on dedicated local server. When joining the game it takes around 5 minutes, during which game might become unresponsive but I keep waiting. It applies to all 7 users playing the game.

Second issue, one of my friend can't connect to server. First time, config and setting will load and work will finally download for him but few minutes later he will get network time out. He will never be able to join our server, always timing out.

He has been playing with us in that past in vanilla and different mods. Is there anything I can do to speed up the loading time, maybe he would be able finally to join.

3 hours ago, selissi said:

I love this mod, just started new saved with my friends. But I've two "issues" with this mod.

I'm running mod on 20.3 on dedicated local server. When joining the game it takes around 5 minutes, during which game might become unresponsive but I keep waiting. It applies to all 7 users playing the game.

Second issue, one of my friend can't connect to server. First time, config and setting will load and work will finally download for him but few minutes later he will get network time out. He will never be able to join our server, always timing out.

He has been playing with us in that past in vanilla and different mods. Is there anything I can do to speed up the loading time, maybe he would be able finally to join.

Can't do anything about first issue, you can mitigate it somewhat if you install the game on M.2 and just have better hardware, but there's only so much you can do. The mod is massive and changes a lot of things in the game and while the game is loading, it processes all the changes - that takes time and it is like that with all major overhaul mods.

Regarding to second issue, try picking a better host, that has lower latency?

New small QoL feature coming in next update:

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

Can't do anything about first issue, you can mitigate it somewhat if you install the game on M.2 and just have better hardware, but there's only so much you can do. The mod is massive and changes a lot of things in the game and while the game is loading, it processes all the changes - that takes time and it is like that with all major overhaul mods.

It's running on pretty decent hardware. 6 core i5, M.2, 32GB RAM

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

Regarding to second issue, try picking a better host, that has lower latency?

Most people are running with 20-30ms

Hey thanks for a response Subquake 

Still wondering if the sci -fi doors are broken or working as intended.

I can only open/close/lock the sliding glass door and the iron one , none of the others work. 

The Large Si Fi Gate previously worked but no longer works atm.

Couple more idea's for you

1. Jail doors that open/close/lock ....the vanilla one is static

2. Vines/Ivy/Moss etc. decor for walls that give plant fibers when chopped down/gathered , in order to make a forest overgrown city.

I'm working on making a some POI's that are overgrown with flora and fauna

3. Grappling hook added to a rope to place over a roof edge for the climbable rope 

Edit: Treat it like the wall pipes and maybe make a new rope that hugs the wall as wall.

4. Haven't seen any mods do this , make any custom zombies placeable into the prefabs like the vanilla zombies to set up with sleeper volumes, might be impossible or to hard I do not know.

5. This one is way out there I suppose , but some kind of springing system to fling zombies in the air . Catapult trap/Tramopline , might be impossible on this one as well , would be fun and funny as hell to fling zombies in the air.

As usual keep up the great work :)

Edited by Demigog (see edit history)

I should note , on the previous post I made , the problem with the Sci Fi Doors are on UL Stable

And another idea for Decor

Water/Dirt stains decor placeable  , 1 block long to add on a base board or along the ceiling and 1 for full walls maybe a 2x2 stain and 3x3 stain so we can dirty some of the buildings up a bit more

9 hours ago, Demigog said:

Hey thanks for a response Subquake 

Still wondering if the sci -fi doors are broken or working as intended.

I can only open/close/lock the sliding glass door and the iron one , none of the others work. 

The Large Si Fi Gate previously worked but no longer works atm.

Couple more idea's for you

1. Jail doors that open/close/lock ....the vanilla one is static

2. Vines/Ivy/Moss etc. decor for walls that give plant fibers when chopped down/gathered , in order to make a forest overgrown city.

I'm working on making a some POI's that are overgrown with flora and fauna

3. Grappling hook added to a rope to place over a roof edge for the climbable rope 

Edit: Treat it like the wall pipes and maybe make a new rope that hugs the wall as wall.

4. Haven't seen any mods do this , make any custom zombies placeable into the prefabs like the vanilla zombies to set up with sleeper volumes, might be impossible or to hard I do not know.

5. This one is way out there I suppose , but some kind of springing system to fling zombies in the air . Catapult trap/Tramopline , might be impossible on this one as well , would be fun and funny as hell to fling zombies in the air.

As usual keep up the great work :)

Hi there. Nice ideas, i hope Subquake will do some of them :) In the time you wait for the jail doors, use this mod. It works for me with UL.

https://7daystodiemods.com/craft-jail-door-bars/

8 hours ago, Subquake said:

2.5.74 Stable/Experimental is out, patch notes:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/65614582

Good deal , I know how much work all of this takes.

Took me 2 months for the 3 airport prefabs and I am still working on it , had to take a break from that for a bit , needed a change of scenery lol

Currently turning the football field into a full walled Stadium with similar bleachers as the main stand

Hello and thank you for the awesome mod. I enjoy it a lot kind sir!

However I haven't been able to play since the last update update.

Upon trying to load the game I get - 

EXC MissingMethodException: bool XUiC_ServerBrowser.get_ShowingFilters()   

and

WRN [EOS] [LogEOSAnalytics - Warning] EOS SDK Analytics disabled for route [1].

Then it just does nothing. Is this perhaps a mod launcher issue? I'm using version 3.0.4.41s.

Thanks again for all the effort! 

24 minutes ago, modtillitbreaks said:

and

Then it just does nothing. Is this perhaps a mod launcher issue? I'm using version 3.0.4.41s.

Wrong version of the game and mod, make sure to pair up 20.4 b42 with UL 2.5.76 :)

19 minutes ago, modtillitbreaks said:

Awesome, thanks!

I see that the mod launcher says update available but when I ran it all I got was a message saying that it was already up to date..?

Ill just go with the manual download then.

mod launcher can only update the mod files, not the base game files

Hi,

Not sure if this is new to anyone else but today I finally have found drone. It was working for 3-4 hours and now, every single time I'm trying to access drone, which is deployed, or even on my hot bar I'm getting "memory stream is not expandable". The game runs, but I can't do anything but restart client and hopefully I will manage to get drone back to my backpack.

Spoiler

2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.674 ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):
2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.675 EXC Memory stream is not expandable.
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity (System.Int32 value) [0x0003d] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity (System.Int32 value) [0x00061] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) [0x000b3] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at StreamUtils.StreamCopy (System.IO.Stream _source, System.IO.Stream _destination, System.Byte[] _tempBuf, System.Boolean _bFlush) [0x00029] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at PlayerDataFile.Write (PooledBinaryWriter _bw) [0x003b3] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at NetPackagePlayerData.write (PooledBinaryWriter _writer) [0x00007] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at NetConnectionSimple.taskSerialize (ThreadManager+ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x004f7] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
NetConnectionSimple:taskSerialize(ThreadInfo)
ThreadManager:myThreadInvoke(Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.675 INF Exited thread NCS_Writer_0
2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.675 INF Exited thread NCS_Reader_0

Edited by selissi (see edit history)

8 hours ago, selissi said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is new to anyone else but today I finally have found drone. It was working for 3-4 hours and now, every single time I'm trying to access drone, which is deployed, or even on my hot bar I'm getting "memory stream is not expandable". The game runs, but I can't do anything but restart client and hopefully I will manage to get drone back to my backpack.

Reveal hidden contents

2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.674 ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):
2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.675 EXC Memory stream is not expandable.
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity (System.Int32 value) [0x0003d] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity (System.Int32 value) [0x00061] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) [0x000b3] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0 
  at StreamUtils.StreamCopy (System.IO.Stream _source, System.IO.Stream _destination, System.Byte[] _tempBuf, System.Boolean _bFlush) [0x00029] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at PlayerDataFile.Write (PooledBinaryWriter _bw) [0x003b3] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at NetPackagePlayerData.write (PooledBinaryWriter _writer) [0x00007] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
  at NetConnectionSimple.taskSerialize (ThreadManager+ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x004f7] in <b43ff319d6d64cb189ddca74c2bff9a8>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
NetConnectionSimple:taskSerialize(ThreadInfo)
ThreadManager:myThreadInvoke(Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.675 INF Exited thread NCS_Writer_0
2022-04-27T22:47:35 1289.675 INF Exited thread NCS_Reader_0

Vanilla problem, related to this: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/28500-err-ncsimple_serializer-ch0/

Cause of it: Drone being out, bloating your character profile save file size, exceeding its limits. Solution: deleting player profile files on server and not using drone until TFP release a fix.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

On 4/27/2022 at 6:31 AM, modtillitbreaks said:

and

Just updated today and I am now getting the same problem as you , any ideas?

Updated to 20. 4 and game the mod still hangs up

Both Mod and Vanilla are updated to current 20.4 b42 with UL 2.5.76 . Mod loader still says  still says "Undead Legacy Alpha 20.3"    , not sure if that is the problem or related to it , or if the that just has not been changed to reflect the update .

I tried updating it a few times , but it remains the same

image.thumb.png.54a1de0cee1af90f8d36c886a3f7e633.png

Just tried updating the mod for the 5th time and I am now getting this error , and it just hangs there.

Looks like it is loading , but it seems it is stuck in a loading loop 

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\7D2D\Alpha20\Undead_Legacy_Stable\TempMods\1-LICENSE.zip\LICENSE".

Closed the mod loader and tried again that error is gone now.

Mod still hangs up though.

Going to see if Reinstalling the Mod helps