ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):

ShadowRam

ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):

EXC Memory stream is not expandable

I keep getting this error before and after the latest update.

I can play on a dedicated server for a while, and then this keeps popping up.

I happened every time I went to access my drone, so I've stopped using it.

It now seems to only happen every once in awhile, but I can no longer access chests, and all the zombies and other players stop updating my client.

Does anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this?

Client wise, drivers all up to date. Game files integrity is good.

AMD3800X with 32GB of Ram and a nVidia 3080

None of the other clients are having this issue on the server.

This is the last stuff shown up until the RED error....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Double check that the server you are joining has the same version of A20.4 that you have installed. You are running A20.4B41 and there have been updates. If that server is not running the B41, it will need to be updated before you can play it.

Other than that, cleaning your install with the game launcher then uninstall/reinstall the game should fix it but that would be a last resort. Be sure to back up any saves that you want to keep before cleaning and reinstalling the game.

2 hours ago, chikorina said:

This is an issue in A20.4.  You get it when you have a drone with more than one cargo mod in it.   There is already a ticket for the issue.  Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Try to take all items out of the drone and pick it up.  

The issue is, I have never had a cargo mod for my drone. No one on the server has ever created one, nor are there any other drones.

And I had already dumped my drone a few days ago because of this issue, because although the drone worked fine for the first day, the only thing I ever used it for was to carry stuff. Never had any mods on it. But then this error started every time I tried interacting with the drone.

I took everything off the drone and left it in a box in the middle of no where.

Didn't have the error for a day or 2, and then it started again, It happened more and more often.

I could get a couple hours in, and then it would happen.

Then I could get 30min in, and it would happen,

Now as the logs shows, it happens before my character is even fully logged in.

2 hours ago, Star69 said:

Double check that the server you are joining has the same version of A20.4 that you have installed. You are running A20.4B41 and there have been updates. If that server is not running the B41, it will need to be updated before you can play it.

Other than that, cleaning your install with the game launcher then uninstall/reinstall the game should fix it but that would be a last resort. Be sure to back up any saves that you want to keep before cleaning and reinstalling the game.

Server is up to date as is client, they are both running the same build.

I've verified the steam install twice now, and still no go.

It was just found that the issue was caused by the radial menu,  so that explains why you got it even if you didn't have any mods on your drone.  

It will still take time,  but a fix is on its way.

Are you able to deploy a new drone?  If you get a message telling you that you have reached the maximum number of drones that you can deploy,  try typing in the command  'jd clear'  and see if that will clear the issue.  Don't deploy a new drone after that until there is a fix for the issue.

25 minutes ago, chikorina said:

It was just found that the issue was caused by the radial menu,  so that explains why you got it even if you didn't have any mods on your drone.  

It will still take time,  but a fix is on its way.

Are you able to deploy a new drone?  If you get a message telling you that you have reached the maximum number of drones that you can deploy,  try typing in the command  'jd clear'  and see if that will clear the issue.  Don't deploy a new drone after that until there is a fix for the issue.

Well I have temporarily removed all the EOS_xxxxxxx.map files that were associated to my account.

My reset lvl 1 character successfully logs into the server now without the error.

So the issue is within those files. I used this new character and hunted down the 1 drone that was sitting in the box, and scrapped it.

I'm in the process of moving back the old EOS_xxxxxx files and see if that corrects the issue.

I'll also try your JD Clear command as well.

EDIT: UPDATE

Didn't work. There is still something about those EOS_xxxx files that is corrupted and creating the error on login. "jd clear" had no affect, nor did finding the only drone in the server and scrapping it.

What's the chances that the deployable turrets are suffering a similar problem? I have one in my inventory

Players on my Dedicated Server are starting to get this error now when they try to log in resulting in a freeze on the Loadup screen. Some are saying it has to do with the Drone and Cargo Mods but I'm not sure. I deleted the files of one of my players upon request, and that fixed the problem so it seems like it might be a corrupted file associated with the EOS code. I have read about a possible fix/patch in the works for it.

Deleting the player files for the affected player worked for players on my servers

Then I had them do giveselfxp until they reached their level again

(TFP - any chance of a server command to give xp to a player, rather than allowing the players to type it?)

However, be sure to have them empty and store their drones first, otherwise they may get the issue on rebirth that they have reached the maximum # of drones, and wont be able to have even 1 (appears that some drone info is also stored in the player file)

5 hours ago, Loki said:

Deleting the player files for the affected player worked for players on my servers

Then I had them do giveselfxp until they reached their level again

(TFP - any chance of a server command to give xp to a player, rather than allowing the players to type it?)

However, be sure to have them empty and store their drones first, otherwise they may get the issue on rebirth that they have reached the maximum # of drones, and wont be able to have even 1 (appears that some drone info is also stored in the player file)

Yes we narrowed it down to that as well. That's the steps I took until we finally decided just to wipe the server and start fresh (on the same map) knowing now about the Drone problem.

Thanks for the input.

unfortunately, wiping the player was only a temporary fix. The error has begun to reoccur for some players that I've deleted. I'm hesitant to wipe the whole map, since I am doubtful that will resolve the issue completely

On 4/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, ShadowRam said:

Here is a paste bin from yesterday where I didn't have this error pop up immediately upon loading into the server, and I was able to play for a bit before it happened,

https://pastebin.com/8rBC26jP

I too am plagued. The only thing I have been able to assess is they broke the harmony module which is apart of sharp and unity. I am beating my head against my keyboard trying to fix this.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

unfortunately, wiping the player was only a temporary fix. The error has begun to reoccur for some players that I've deleted. I'm hesitant to wipe the whole map, since I am doubtful that will resolve the issue completely

That won't solve it.

8 hours ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

I too am plagued. The only thing I have been able to assess is they broke the harmony module which is apart of sharp and unity. I am beating my head against my keyboard trying to fix this.

That won't solve it.

What will solve it?

So on my DISCORD, I have a thread containing information about the server and THIS problem. I detail the errors and what the problem might be and let them know if this happens we can delete the character and they can request a boost if they decided to create another lvl 1 character and keep playing. We reset the game but used the same exact map.

I guess until they actually patch/fix/update this problem or address it somehow - there's really nothing else that can be done? I've literally scoured the Internet for solutions and have only found a handful of responses, most of which aren't exactly helpful.

7 minutes ago, Sugarfree said:

What will solve it?

So on my DISCORD, I have a thread containing information about the server and THIS problem. I detail the errors and what the problem might be and let them know if this happens we can delete the character and they can request a boost if they decided to create another lvl 1 character and keep playing. We reset the game but used the same exact map.

I guess until they actually patch/fix/update this problem or address it somehow - there's really nothing else that can be done? I've literally scoured the Internet for solutions and have only found a handful of responses, most of which aren't exactly helpful.

Yeah the only real solution for now is fall back to 20.3 without knowing exactly what code was changed we cannot properly diagnose what broke. Please bring traction to this suggestion. 

So, I had a friend who got a drone and then started getting all sorts of errors and problems after a couple of days, leading me to this thread. Since other commenters said it was related to the ttp file, I decided to try something. There is a ttp.bac file related to every character. After backing up the folder, I deleted the ttp file related to him and renamed the ttp.bac file to replace the old ttp file. He logged back in and other than his drone being deleted, he was able to play the rest of the night without issues (other than being eaten by zombies).

Also, the path to the player files for me is "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\<GameWorld>\<GameName>\Player" Change the stuff in <the brackets> as applies to you. Also you can just use "%appdata%" in the address bar to get there quicker.

I should also note, all of this is done on the server side.

I hope this helps others looking for answers.

We have a similar error today on the server of a friend.

Wie couldn`t interact with anything, got the error code:

ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0)

EXC Memory stream is not expandable

I got this message from now on after every login after running some meters.

After 10 logins I could clear the inventary of the drone and put it into my truck.

After that, the drone and all buffs I collected in it, were lost.

I put it into the truck, together with the drone and now all has been deleted. There is no drone in the compass as well.

Any ideas what could help me getting my stuff and the drone back?

They broke the cleanup code on the drone and it is clogging up the back and fourth data on the serialization stream. (Think of it as an hourglass but sand never ending on top; eventually times up.) Coding out the drone or disabling it in game could fix things but we don't have access to that code.

11 minutes ago, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

They broke the cleanup code on the drone and it is clogging up the back and fourth data on the serialization stream. (Think of it as an hourglass but sand never ending on top; eventually times up.) Coding out the drone or disabling it in game could fix things but we don't have access to that code.

Why is it crashing then immediately after loading into server?

It never gets scurbbed in that world. If you make a new character it "manually" gives you a bit of play time. Let me know if just never using drones makes things work - I might make a mod that makes them unattainable except by ADMINs if the game doesn't currently suffer a memory leak.

Archived