Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

1 hour ago, Fumi said:

Gracias amigo por el aporte, pero el comando no me funcionó (que seguro que lo he ingresado mal  😅 )

Pero bueno, al final recordé que todavía tenía el parche incremental 2.5.20 y lo reemplacé de nuevo y funcionó 😋 , aunque por lo que veo voy a tener que quedarme con esa versión el resto del juego . 😷

Bueno .. Si y no ...

the command is chunkreset not resetchunk, I misspelled it

1 hour ago, Dabliharo said:

the command is chunkreset not resetchunk, I misspelled it

Cool!!! The command works perfectly!! 🎊🤩

Many many thanks!!! Now I can keep the map and continue with the updates!!

You save me!

Hey Subquake

Fantastic mod, thank you!

I have encountered a save breaking issue:  My 20 hour save would no longer load, giving me the error:

EXC Exception: Incorrect region file header! C:\Users\Enigm\Appdata\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Upepi Territory/ULA20b238\Region/r.-2-8.7rg

I think I know why this happened, I accidentally tried to load the save with vanilla 7d2d first which of course crashed, then when I loaded my modded shortcut (separate installs) it no longer works :(

Have I lost it permanently? Is there anything I can do to retrieve it please?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Gamertom said:

Hey Subquake

Fantastic mod, thank you!

I have encountered a save breaking issue:  My 20 hour save would no longer load, giving me the error:

EXC Exception: Incorrect region file header! C:\Users\Enigm\Appdata\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Upepi Territory/ULA20b238\Region/r.-2-8.7rg

I think I know why this happened, I accidentally tried to load the save with vanilla 7d2d first which of course crashed, then when I loaded my modded shortcut (separate installs) it no longer works :(

Have I lost it permanently? Is there anything I can do to retrieve it please?

Thanks

Most likely yes, don't try to load saves from vanilla/other mods

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

Most likely yes, don't try to load saves from vanilla/other mods

Bummer :( 

Thanks for replying, Let that be a lesson to others (even though I didnt do it on purpose)  do not confuse launching a save with steam vanilla and launching a modded version!! 

8 hours ago, shizhiwen said:

I found a serious bug. When I used the automatic shotgun, I aimed at the lens to verify that it blocked my line of sight. Please fix it in time. Thank you, earthquake

It's not a serious bug and I am not earthquake 😛

2.5.25 is now available:

2022.01.03 - 2.5.25
- Fixed Pump Shotgun damage being inaccurate
- Fixed Scrap Shotgun damage being inaccurate
2022.01.03 - 2.5.24
- Removed DMT.dll from UndeadLegacy
- Fixed Auto Shotgun iron sights
- Fixed Attachments not rendering on Hunting Rifle
2022.01.03 - 2.5.23
- Removed DMT dependency
- Added craftable Concrete Barrier variant helper
- Added craftable Road Barricade
- Added 10 more Map Waypoint icons
- Updated Trader Jen POI
- Rebalanced Long Pipe weapon stats
- Renamed Electrocutioner perk to Batons
- You can now pick up loot room Wood Crate, Leather Trunk, Reinforced Chest
- You can now press anywhere on the Quick Waypoint entry in the map screen to remove it
- Fixed Titanium Knuckles scrapping to Scrap Steel
- Fixed not being able to research Compound Crossbow
- Fixed incorrect icon for cntLootChestHeroInsecureT1
- Fixed incorrect icon for cntLootChestHeroInsecureT2
- Fixed SMG Attachments rendering incorrectly
- Fixed missing HUD icon for Lever Action Rifle
- Fixed Pipe Weapons action skill named incorrectly, correct is Baton Weapons
- Fixed GyroCopter bundle giving creative mode items and breaking UI
- Fixed some Wine Barrels appearing as lootable containers

Good afternoon. Tell me, is it normal that when installing this mod, a huge number of zombies start to spawn uncontrollably from the very beginning of the game? I certainly understand, survival... But, they don't even let start the game... When you run, and zombies appear right in front of your face... While you're trying to kill them, about 10 more zombies will spawn around... While you're running away, the FPS is already sinking to 10, and there's a real horde behind you... Sometimes it feels like the game is turning into an endless blood moon from the very beginning.

Is this how it should be, or is there a way to fix it?

36 minutes ago, silentdeathz said:

Is there any way to take the mod that gives stamina bars etc in the middle of the screen and use it outside of the mod pack? Gotten so used to it and would really like it for when not playing UL too?

No, Undead Legacy is an overhaul mod and not a mod pack, everything you see in UL is specifically made for UL and do not attempt to do it yourself or ask anyone else to do it, it's against Terms of Use of Undead Legacy: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4085-subquakes-undead-legacy/?do=findComment&comment=54613

@Vortigaunt increased zombie amounts is intentional change, sorry to hear you struggle performance wise, might want to reduce max alive zombie count then.

13 hours ago, Vortigaunt said:

Good afternoon. Tell me, is it normal that when installing this mod, a huge number of zombies start to spawn uncontrollably from the very beginning of the game? I certainly understand, survival... But, they don't even let start the game... When you run, and zombies appear right in front of your face... While you're trying to kill them, about 10 more zombies will spawn around... While you're running away, the FPS is already sinking to 10, and there's a real horde behind you... Sometimes it feels like the game is turning into an endless blood moon from the very beginning.

Is this how it should be, or is there a way to fix it?

THIS.  I've felt this way for a while now.  I think a lot of it has to do with where you spawn in.  I've found that, much like in A20 vanilla, the larger the city the more (and potentially tougher) zombies you will have to deal with.  Starting in a small town is optimal and you can move whenever you're ready.  You still need to be on your guard though, and running away is always an option...  well, sometimes an option.  I've found that "not playing like I did in vanilla" helps a lot, although it's easier said than done.

If your map has multiple spawn points, changing the name of your save can start you in a different one.  I'm not sure why, but if you use the same save name you'll end up spawning in that same location every time.  I don't feel the need to do that quite so often these days, as I've learned through my many failures.

Sometimes death cannot be avoided, however.  Wait until you finish looting a house on day 5 and a wandering horde of ferals and radiateds appears and overruns the POI you're in...  and you're in the basement.  It often makes me wish I didn't play perma-death...  lol

I understand that making the start difficult is a key point of the mod, but - without changing anything "official" about it, is there some way to reduce zombie spawn to a reasonable degree by tweaking the XML files or something? Ideally, I'd like to be able to sometimes spend an in-game hour or two without seeing a single zombie, at least during daytime and in the wilderness.

The only setting provided in-game is the max amount of zombies alive, and that doesn't really change anything, my issue is less that I'm overwhelmed by zombies but instead that they are just super-annoying, especially very early on. You can literally not take five steps into any direction without a zombie spawning. Sure, you don't have to take them all on, but it's just excessive.

I detailed, but then spoilered my experiences with the mod because they ended up being a bit of a rant.

Spoiler

I first tried the mod with my 7 days group, but they got turned off by how difficult / different the crafting is.

Personally, I'm not excited to start yet another vanilla game and go through the ever same notions, I've had 500 hours or something of that already, so that's not my criticism. But the constant zombie spawning becomes even more difficult to bear when you are not in a group, and thus have to get everything you need for survival by yourself.

In the first game I tried, I started out in the middle of a ruined biome. That's just not survivable, imo. After dying five times by wolves (or their equivalent?), trying to find a way out there, I restarted.

Then I started out in a desert. It wasn't much better, but I managed to get through the starting quests. However, the one with the trader resulted in the old "NO TRADER" bug, so I restarted again.

Third try, I was in a tiny town, managed to get the short term needs like food and water under control, but there weren't any medicine containers to loot, thus no infection treatment - so I eventually headed out to find another town. In the wilderness, not being able to have a single "spawn step" where new trees and loot appear without also zombies appearing is extremely disheartening. The road just dragged on and on through a forest, and no other town was in sight, so I was still on the march by nightfall. I climbed up some rock and laid low there, and I was actually surprised how good this worked, some ferals even climbed up and stood right next to me, but without "seeing" me they climbed back down. Shortly after 3:00, however, a hunter jumped up, screamed, and ... that was the end of that.

So I restarted another time, and spawned close to a bigger town. There was a concrete roof I could deny the zombies access to where I build the crafting bench and placed a couple of containers, and everything was fine and dandy ... except there wasn't any food and hardly any water around. So I got hungry and thirsty, and with the constant respawning of zombies comes the constant need to fight them off, plus those you need to fight off to loot buildings to try and at least get a pot for purifying water ... it's just not doable solo, or at the very least extremely luck-dependent.

Can it really be a reasonable early game to expect new players to suicide themselves just so they have the energy to fight the excessive amounts of zombies to try and get utilities that might or might not spawn?

1 hour ago, rezaf said:

I understand that making the start difficult is a key point of the mod, but - without changing anything "official" about it, is there some way to reduce zombie spawn to a reasonable degree by tweaking the XML files or something? Ideally, I'd like to be able to sometimes spend an in-game hour or two without seeing a single zombie, at least during daytime and in the wilderness.

The only setting provided in-game is the max amount of zombies alive, and that doesn't really change anything, my issue is less that I'm overwhelmed by zombies but instead that they are just super-annoying, especially very early on. You can literally not take five steps into any direction without a zombie spawning. Sure, you don't have to take them all on, but it's just excessive.

I detailed, but then spoilered my experiences with the mod because they ended up being a bit of a rant.

Hide contents

I first tried the mod with my 7 days group, but they got turned off by how difficult / different the crafting is.

Personally, I'm not excited to start yet another vanilla game and go through the ever same notions, I've had 500 hours or something of that already, so that's not my criticism. But the constant zombie spawning becomes even more difficult to bear when you are not in a group, and thus have to get everything you need for survival by yourself.

In the first game I tried, I started out in the middle of a ruined biome. That's just not survivable, imo. After dying five times by wolves (or their equivalent?), trying to find a way out there, I restarted.

Then I started out in a desert. It wasn't much better, but I managed to get through the starting quests. However, the one with the trader resulted in the old "NO TRADER" bug, so I restarted again.

Third try, I was in a tiny town, managed to get the short term needs like food and water under control, but there weren't any medicine containers to loot, thus no infection treatment - so I eventually headed out to find another town. In the wilderness, not being able to have a single "spawn step" where new trees and loot appear without also zombies appearing is extremely disheartening. The road just dragged on and on through a forest, and no other town was in sight, so I was still on the march by nightfall. I climbed up some rock and laid low there, and I was actually surprised how good this worked, some ferals even climbed up and stood right next to me, but without "seeing" me they climbed back down. Shortly after 3:00, however, a hunter jumped up, screamed, and ... that was the end of that.

So I restarted another time, and spawned close to a bigger town. There was a concrete roof I could deny the zombies access to where I build the crafting bench and placed a couple of containers, and everything was fine and dandy ... except there wasn't any food and hardly any water around. So I got hungry and thirsty, and with the constant respawning of zombies comes the constant need to fight them off, plus those you need to fight off to loot buildings to try and at least get a pot for purifying water ... it's just not doable solo, or at the very least extremely luck-dependent.

Can it really be a reasonable early game to expect new players to suicide themselves just so they have the energy to fight the excessive amounts of zombies to try and get utilities that might or might not spawn?

Hello fellow fatigue,

About what you have written I will give my point of view and personal experience.

I think that the reappearance of zombies is balanced, at least compared to previous Alphas in which there was hardly any life in the world.

Certainly now you feel like more in constant tension but I think that is the grace of the game.

Without looking bold I share my configuration of the game:

Captura.PNG.ba8e5238807c94f19555ccc3fdebdb85.PNG

Captura.PNG.d643b3847bb1033b547ce405f0d3009a.PNG

I apologize because the language is in Spanish, but I think the translation is easy.

Basically I play in "insane", with wild sense of day and hordes of zombies that can be between 10-25 zombies.

By this I mean that I think I play on a high difficulty and if I have died like 30 times in 70 hours or so that the game has been going on and nothing happens, it is part of the game.

I don't know from what you say if you have configured a game to your style of play or difficulty, I think that now there are many more options to calibrate that so it should not be a problem in a low difficulty.

In summary I think that the difficulty of the game is not excessive, and that it can be perfectly configured to adapt to your skill level.

But hey, this is personal opinion, I do not want to open debate or criticize of course, I just wanted to show that there are options for everyone.

Taking advantage of the post now I wanted to talk about a small failure.

@Subquake I have this problem with their patch 2.5.23 about adding markers on the map

image.png.691ea7d643372f4dfdb3c2a91d47388e.png

It seems that the new markers are not displayed correctly, but I do not know if it only happens to me or there are more affected ones, I comment on it if it can help.

Much encouragement and support for your cause !!

Thank you by all job that you're doing 🤩

10 minutes ago, pfrn said:

Hello 

Since this last update I can't enter the seller it's like it's always closed.

Anyone have the same problem?

Thanks 

Hi buddy!

Yes, that occurs due patch 2.5.21

@Subquake mentioned this in case it helps you:

"I've changed the dimensions of the trader in last update, that's why the issue, only way to fix it is to move to a different area of the map with a freshly spawned new trader or start a new map"

And another mate contributed with this solution:

Put this command in the console when you are near the trader "resetchunk"

It worked for me with that, but certainly a few days later I realized that in that same location there is another trader, (only the natural person) who is a few meters outside the compound 🤪

So now I have 2 traders in the same location, and each one gives me different missions and has different loot.

So, even if it's broken it's great!! hihihi

I hope it helps you :)

44 minutes ago, Fumi said:

Oi Cara!

Sim, isso ocorre devido ao patch 2.5.21

@Subquake mencionou isso no caso de ajudar você:

"Eu mudei as dimensões do comerciante na última atualização, é por isso que o problema, a única maneira de consertar é mover para uma área diferente do mapa com um novo comerciante recém-gerado ou iniciar um novo mapa"

E outro companheiro contribuiu com esta solução:

Coloque este comando no console quando estiver perto do comerciante " resetchunk"

Isso funcionou para mim, mas certamente alguns dias depois percebi que naquele mesmo local há outro comerciante, (apenas a pessoa física) que está a poucos metros do complexo  🤪

Agora eu tenho 2 comerciantes no mesmo local, e cada um me dá missões diferentes e tem itens diferentes.

Então, mesmo se estiver quebrado, é ótimo !! hihihi

Espero que te ajude :)

Hello

thank you friend i will test

Thanks 

Bug report for .25 -

Really bad things happen with this mod when when you start it after playing a vanilla game with feral sense turned on.

Imagine an infinite zombie spawn-in converging on you starting around mid day on day 1 and it doesn't stop... It's impossible to survive 50 zombies Day 1, 1pm, and you can't run far enough away to drop the heat because they keep spawning in front of you. This was on difficulty 2.

Fortunately, I was able figure out it was the new a20 feral sense causing the issue before my gaming group rage quit and gave up on the mod. (Our first time playing the mod)

A single player/co-op game requires a RegEdit to shut off feral sense since it currently isn't part of the UL game settings.

A dedicated server can just turn it off in the serverconfig XML.

1 hour ago, Picoparsec said:

Bug report for .25 -

Really bad things happen with this mod when when you start it after playing a vanilla game with feral sense turned on.

Imagine an infinite zombie spawn-in converging on you starting around mid day on day 1 and it doesn't stop... It's impossible to survive 50 zombies Day 1, 1pm, and you can't run far enough away to drop the heat because they keep spawning in front of you. This was on difficulty 2.

Fortunately, I was able figure out it was the new a20 feral sense causing the issue before my gaming group rage quit and gave up on the mod. (Our first time playing the mod)

A single player/co-op game requires a RegEdit to shut off feral sense since it currently isn't part of the UL game settings.

A dedicated server can just turn it off in the serverconfig XML.

I'm sorry, what?

clpwMW5.png