[Known Issue] Terrain Rewriting (MD5 Issue)

Clare

These are the rules to this thread. People are allowed to post information about the error they experienced here in this space, However, If they are looking for an individual response, They need to create a new thread in the Bug Reports Section. So, People are allowed to do as they do in this thread.

Thank you.

Also, Speaking of this god forsaken game, Upon a third try of playing this heaping disappointment of a game, Our, self-built, base got erased, along with the stuff me and my girlfriend have spent hours gathering. To those who think they have an idea on why this MD5 glitch is happening, and think that it is due to something happening "specifically", it's not. It's random. It doesn't matter what you do, or how you play. Upon THREE different chances I've given, We've done everything in our power to try and change something that we interpreted as "the issue". This was shut down when the game would crash on VERY random occasions, during split screen, and we would just have to cross our fingers and pray that this isn't the time the game decided to ♥♥♥♥ us.

As long as this thread exists, I will constantly post about how terrible this game is, and why people should look elsewhere for entertainment.

your main issue your probably in the XB1 version which has a memory leak and crashes like clock work , that and you really don't understand programming most likely cause there is no such thing as random in programs random doesn't really exist and cannot be programmed thing can be programmed to appear random like the " shuffle " ipod is not really random if it was it would eventually randomly play the same song 20 times in a row

lost everything again

officially done with this broken game. another 36 hours wasted (previously wasted 52h, 48h).u have had this problem since 2016 and still no fix. the reasons dont make sence , the game just randomly breaks and i for one had enough. a fine game but a massive waste of time,effort and money

XB1 players may want to try this (2 things)

On a seed my friend hosts, we were hit twice with MD5 issues. The first time was no big deal - we just lost 3/4 of a kill pit just outside of our base that was connected at bedrock level. However, the second time we lost everything but food storage; we had just made a great Shotgun Messiah run, came back to base to drop the loot off and were headed to another when the game crashed on him. We lost labeled storage boxes of gun parts (just created and organized the night before), the workbench, chem. station, 2 forges, and 2 concrete mixers, plus some storage related to each. We haven't played on that seed since. Both times, though, we could see that a rectangular chunk of the same size was effected (I'm sure the actual size of said chunks has been posted in another thread somewhere). Both of these happened within the first 30 days.

First thing you may want to try:

On a seed I started, I was determined to no lose so much should it happen again. I decided to spread everything out so their located in different "chunks". Forges in one area, chem. station in another, workbench in another, storage in several, etc. It does suck having to run around so much to craft and organize storage, but having suffered through several MD5s (a few happened prior to update 10, too) it's well worth the extra time it takes. I was guessing (on a VERY safe size, it turns out) on how big the chunks were at first, but then I noticed that if you're underground and in total darkness you can actually see the borders - lines that "shimmer" as you move. So, when I created and labeled storage boxes for each type of weapon, I placed them at an intersecting point of 4 of the chunks with a few boxes in each. So now if an MD5 error hits, I should only loose a couple of weapon types, not everything. And I'll continue to do this with future placements because it really cuts down the running around needed to craft and organize storage. This doesn't help those that prefer not to live underground, though, as I don't know a way of seeing the borders up top.

Second thing you may want to try:

EVERY time the game crashes or I get the signs that it's imminent - can't open a storage box or not able to loot an item/dead zombie, or an area of a menu doesn't display correctly or displays later than the rest - I disconnect from the internet, delete the local cached copy, and reset the Xbox (full steps listed below) in high-hopes (and 100% successful so far) that a plagued save hasn't uploaded to Xbox Live. Some progress is lost, but typically only a few minutes worth. I'm only on day 26 (120 min days), so I can't definitively state that this workaround is THE thing that will get us XB1ers by until the devs find the permanent fix, but do I feel like it's saved me from a few MD5s already. I say this because a few times - I'm fairly sure the menu was glitching out each of these times - I lost more than a few minutes worth of progress, enough time that should have auto-saved and uploaded to Xbox Live more than once. In my past experience with MD5s, similar amounts of progress/time were lost in addition to the terrain reset.

Here are the steps I take to reset:

1. IMMEDIATELY disconnect the Xbox from the internet

-Whether it's a crash back to the game menu, a crash back to the Xbox home screen, or just a suspected issue, do NOTHING else before disconnecting (i.e. do not "quit" via the game menu or terminate the game via Xbox menu) because you don't know (or I don't, at least) what will prompt an upload to Xbox Live.

-I prefer the reliability of a wired connection, so I just unplug one end; if wireless, you MAY be able to disconnect via the Xbox's Network menu, but I don't know if this will prompt an upload to Xbox Live as it disconnects - to error on the side of caution just kill the power to your router.

2. Delete the local "Saved Data"

-For anything other than a crash back to the home screen, you'll need to quit the game (Menu button->Quit) first.

-Menu button->Manage Game->Saved Data, then select your profile name and "Delete from Console".

3. Reset (a.k.a. hard-boot) the Xbox

-Hold down the power button until the Xbox shuts down. This step may not be necessary to just delete the locally cached copy, but even before I started performing these purges I noticed I'd usually get more time between crashes after a fresh reset, plus I was already in a habit of regularly doing these resets because I'd usually get better performance from the Xbox playing other games, too.

4. Reconnect to the internet and power up the Xbox

5. Launch the game. After the initial loading, when you hit "Start" you'll get the "Syncing" message as it's downloading the most recent save from Xbox Live.

Xbox One

50 minute days

day 46

Random Gen

18 hour days

Monad

150 loot

15 day respawn rate

Private game with a buddy

Game crashes every two hours since new update, on the dot every two hours. Been running fine until yesterday. We got a POI and last night I got this MD5 error. Worst part, it reset our crafting and loot room. Thats all it reset, all our storage, all our forges with thousands of smelted resources, work bench, cement mixer. Everything else was left intact, our outer and inner wall. Inner garden, the forest I planted nearby. Catwalks, beds, lights, even our network of tunnels were left untouched. It literally only reset the room where all our stuff was. Only thing, left is what is on our inventory. Like some sick joke! Im gonna take a break for while...

"Like some sick joke! Im gonna take a break for while..."

lol, yeah thats what I said LAST YEAR when they game wouldn't work.

Come back to this absolute joke...only to find out they say "its been mostly fixed"

No, it hasnt, stop lying to us. Fix your ♥♥♥♥, do something to make me feel like i didnt get robbed.

On a seed my friend hosts, we were hit twice with MD5 issues. The first time was no big deal - we just lost 3/4 of a kill pit just outside of our base that was connected at bedrock level. However, the second time we lost everything but food storage; we had just made a great Shotgun Messiah run, came back to base to drop the loot off and were headed to another when the game crashed on him. We lost labeled storage boxes of gun parts (just created and organized the night before), the workbench, chem. station, 2 forges, and 2 concrete mixers, plus some storage related to each. We haven't played on that seed since. Both times, though, we could see that a rectangular chunk of the same size was effected (I'm sure the actual size of said chunks has been posted in another thread somewhere). Both of these happened within the first 30 days.

First thing you may want to try:

On a seed I started, I was determined to no lose so much should it happen again. I decided to spread everything out so their located in different "chunks". Forges in one area, chem. station in another, workbench in another, storage in several, etc. It does suck having to run around so much to craft and organize storage, but having suffered through several MD5s (a few happened prior to update 10, too) it's well worth the extra time it takes. I was guessing (on a VERY safe size, it turns out) on how big the chunks were at first, but then I noticed that if you're underground and in total darkness you can actually see the borders - lines that "shimmer" as you move. So, when I created and labeled storage boxes for each type of weapon, I placed them at an intersecting point of 4 of the chunks with a few boxes in each. So now if an MD5 error hits, I should only loose a couple of weapon types, not everything. And I'll continue to do this with future placements because it really cuts down the running around needed to craft and organize storage. This doesn't help those that prefer not to live underground, though, as I don't know a way of seeing the borders up top.

Second thing you may want to try:

EVERY time the game crashes or I get the signs that it's imminent - can't open a storage box or not able to loot an item/dead zombie, or an area of a menu doesn't display correctly or displays later than the rest - I disconnect from the internet, delete the local cached copy, and reset the Xbox (full steps listed below) in high-hopes (and 100% successful so far) that a plagued save hasn't uploaded to Xbox Live. Some progress is lost, but typically only a few minutes worth. I'm only on day 26 (120 min days), so I can't definitively state that this workaround is THE thing that will get us XB1ers by until the devs find the permanent fix, but do I feel like it's saved me from a few MD5s already. I say this because a few times - I'm fairly sure the menu was glitching out each of these times - I lost more than a few minutes worth of progress, enough time that should have auto-saved and uploaded to Xbox Live more than once. In my past experience with MD5s, similar amounts of progress/time were lost in addition to the terrain reset.

Here are the steps I take to reset:

1. IMMEDIATELY disconnect the Xbox from the internet

-Whether it's a crash back to the game menu, a crash back to the Xbox home screen, or just a suspected issue, do NOTHING else before disconnecting (i.e. do not "quit" via the game menu or terminate the game via Xbox menu) because you don't know (or I don't, at least) what will prompt an upload to Xbox Live.

-I prefer the reliability of a wired connection, so I just unplug one end; if wireless, you MAY be able to disconnect via the Xbox's Network menu, but I don't know if this will prompt an upload to Xbox Live as it disconnects - to error on the side of caution just kill the power to your router.

2. Delete the local "Saved Data"

-For anything other than a crash back to the home screen, you'll need to quit the game (Menu button->Quit) first.

-Menu button->Manage Game->Saved Data, then select your profile name and "Delete from Console".

3. Reset (a.k.a. hard-boot) the Xbox

-Hold down the power button until the Xbox shuts down. This step may not be necessary to just delete the locally cached copy, but even before I started performing these purges I noticed I'd usually get more time between crashes after a fresh reset, plus I was already in a habit of regularly doing these resets because I'd usually get better performance from the Xbox playing other games, too.

4. Reconnect to the internet and power up the Xbox

5. Launch the game. After the initial loading, when you hit "Start" you'll get the "Syncing" message as it's downloading the most recent save from Xbox Live.

Dude...game crashes every hour...thats like a 15 min process you just listed...thats crazy.

And I am wirless...so cant even just disconnect in time anyway.

Dude...game crashes every hour...thats like a 15 min process you just listed...thats crazy.

There's a new workaround that seems to be working. Every time you are dashboarded, go delete the save file on the system. Restart the game and it'll sync the save file from the cloud. It only takes a minute and people have started reporting success. At worst you'll lose a few minutes of game time

I guess it could depend upon your router's boot-up time, but it's really a sub-5 minute process after you've done it a time or 2. I connected mine via wi-fi just to see what the options were to disconnect without touching the router (disconnecting an entire household may not be practical or worth the inevitable complaints, not to mention how those freeloading neighbors would be affected) - "Go Offline" and "Disconnect Wireless". Either may do the job, but know that "Disconnect Wireless" will require re-entering the password when you reconnect. I just personally don't trust that the Xbox isn't uploading before disconnecting, despite what the screen says; Microsoft tends to take liberties in knowing what's "better" for "me".

There's a new workaround that seems to be working. Every time you are dashboarded, go delete the save file on the system. Restart the game and it'll sync the save file from the cloud. It only takes a minute and people have started reporting success. At worst you'll lose a few minutes of game time

I believe this process has saved me a couple of more times since my previous post, one of which I lost north of 30 minutes (IRL). Luckily, somehow, it was the exact amount of time I needed to figure out a new horde base design and was going to pick up all the wood frames anyway.

Sounds like disconnecting from the internet may not be necessary, which kind of makes sense with the (varying) amount of time lost that I've experienced each time I've done this - it hasn't been saving to the cloud in all of that time anyway. But I'm still going to out of precaution. And not just when dashboarded - all crashes.

It can't just be a coincidence that MD5 errors aren't getting copied to the cloud...right?

Day 1 reset

This is on single player local navezgane world grid coordinate of base was approx. 1370 N 208 E. Day 19. I loaded game and was right in front of my base. Then my game booted me in less than a min of loaded game (happens frequently to all my saved games but only once after initial loading and usually within 5 minutes. After the first boot it doesn't happen again.) So after boot I reload like I usually do except where my entire base was everything had been reset. About a 15 by 15 block area and from the bottom to top. In the now gone base I had dug to the bedrock and made tunnels. I back traced a tunnel and found out everything in that 15x15 block area had been reset all the way done. Lost my base 2 drawbridge, 4 forges 4 cement mixers, 4 work benches all my accumulated supplies over the last 19 days. Just letting yall know the details. I understand there is not much you can do. Interesting thing though everything reset in that area except my motorbike and anything outside that area like some log spikes were still there. Okay appreciate all of yalls hard work keep it up!

md5 again

NOTE: THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL POST ONLY!

- IF YOU WISH TO SHARE YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE ERROR YOU EXPERIENCED, PLEASE DO SO BELOW

- IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME, OR WISH TO REPORT A BUG I WILL LIKELY MISS IT AS I DO NOT CHECK THIS THREAD OFTEN OR CHASE THINGS HERE

- IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIRECT RESPONSE OR DIRECT CONTACT, PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE MAIN BUG REPORTS SECTION. ANY DEVELOPMENTS WILL BE UPDATED HERE AND IN "NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS"

[sTATUS: LOGGED - IN PROGRESS]

Note: This issue can occur all over the world, but it is most noticeable when a base is wiped.

A strip of the terrain may have some trouble loading and it defaults to the Day 1 state.

There are no known workarounds, however the odds of it happening in the same area twice, is very small.

EDIT: It appears it is becoming more common and repeating in areas since the original post was made.

POTENTIAL WORKAROUND:

Player IBKillingFools has mentioned that hard resetting console after as crash has helped them avoid MD5 errors.

-------------------

UPDATE: The below message was given to me to pass onto you guys in regards to the issue with terrain regeneration.

The team call them MD5 errors - we've been calling then terrain rewrites and regens on the forums and this is where an area can revert to the Day 1 state.

Hi all!

We know you’ve been encountering a few MD5 errors recently and we wanted to explain a bit about them and what we’re doing to combat them.

Unfortunately, MD5 errors have a large number of different causes. In essence, though, they flag any part of a saved game’s map that is different than the world generation algorithm expects it to be. This can happen when the game crashes while it’s trying to save or if any of the changes we make or features we add impact the terrain generation pipeline. As we work to improve the game’s stability and fix any issues we find, you should encounter these MD5 errors less and less.

This has been—and will continue to be—an ongoing focus of ours. We really appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to improve your experience with 7 Days to Die.

--------------

UPDATE: We've recieved some reports of POIs changing from one to another. This is possibly caused by an MD5 error triggering in the area. The team are investigating this possible MD5 trigger now too.

--------------

UPDATE: A lot of players have asked about adding in a manual save option to the game. Which this sounds like a simple task that could temporarily help the issue. This is not as simple or temporary as it may seem. Not only would the UI need to changed to accommodate this new option but the team would need to dig into the core code of the game and change how the game saves. They would also need to work on how the game saves to the consoles and be sure Sony and MS approve of this. This is something that would take a considerable amount of time and resources. Afterwards the game still has the MD5 errors. It may not seem like it, but it is actually a lot quicker to hunt and fix the MD5 errors rather than digging into the core of the game and changing something so big.

Side note: Roland made a good point that adding a manual save also changes the design of the game and changes how it is played - Possibly one of the reasons manual save option was not added to PC. So if this was added in it would likely be removed afterward, which again is digging back into code to undo all that was done.

-----------

Update: 04/08

Copy of post: [04/08] Message from the Team - MD5 Info

Hi all,

Below is a message from the team regarding MD5 Errors

First, let us say thank you for your patience as we work through the issues with MD5 resets. We are continuously looking for ways to improve stability and tracking down causes for MD5 resets is at the forefront of those efforts. To help us track down these issues, we’ve added analytics to the game to capture as much data as possible when an MD5 mismatch is detected. With this data, we have been able to find and fix several causes of MD5 errors. In the last few patches, we submitted fixes for several of these issues and the early results from analytics shows that the number of MD5 errors has decreased dramatically. That said, we will continue tracking these issues and look for ways to fix them as we find them. Once again, thank you for your patience and for being an awesome community.

Thank you guys for continuing to pass on your MD5 error info, I would recommend those who want to share their details continue to do so, having information from all sides gives us more chances to catch and fix these issues!

Thanks,

Clare

that's it. I have been none stop for about a week building a base to get 2 md5 glitches have me in the space of 24 hours in 2 separate locations. 1 being a prefab so I then leave that and think a new build will help to have it happen to me there to. until this game has a solution for the md5 glitch I will not be playing this game again. and this devastates me because I love this game so much but I have had to many of these glitches now and they seem to be getting worse.

• 2 weeks later...
"Like some sick joke! Im gonna take a break for while..."

lol, yeah thats what I said LAST YEAR when they game wouldn't work.

Come back to this absolute joke...only to find out they say "its been mostly fixed"

No, it hasnt, stop lying to us. Fix your ♥♥♥♥, do something to make me feel like i didnt get robbed.

go buy a PS4 and play it on ps4 with no hourly crashing and no issues connecting to multiplayer then realize that half your beef is with microsoft no the game devs there's only so much you can do when micro ♥♥♥♥♥ tells you your save files can only be so big

• 2 weeks later...

Crash

NOTE: THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL POST ONLY!

- IF YOU WISH TO SHARE YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE ERROR YOU EXPERIENCED, PLEASE DO SO BELOW

- IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME, OR WISH TO REPORT A BUG I WILL LIKELY MISS IT AS I DO NOT CHECK THIS THREAD OFTEN OR CHASE THINGS HERE

- IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIRECT RESPONSE OR DIRECT CONTACT, PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE MAIN BUG REPORTS SECTION. ANY DEVELOPMENTS WILL BE UPDATED HERE AND IN "NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS"

[sTATUS: LOGGED - IN PROGRESS]

Note: This issue can occur all over the world, but it is most noticeable when a base is wiped.

A strip of the terrain may have some trouble loading and it defaults to the Day 1 state.

There are no known workarounds, however the odds of it happening in the same area twice, is very small.

EDIT: It appears it is becoming more common and repeating in areas since the original post was made.

POTENTIAL WORKAROUND:

Player IBKillingFools has mentioned that hard resetting console after as crash has helped them avoid MD5 errors.

-------------------

UPDATE: The below message was given to me to pass onto you guys in regards to the issue with terrain regeneration.

The team call them MD5 errors - we've been calling then terrain rewrites and regens on the forums and this is where an area can revert to the Day 1 state.

Hi all!

We know you’ve been encountering a few MD5 errors recently and we wanted to explain a bit about them and what we’re doing to combat them.

Unfortunately, MD5 errors have a large number of different causes. In essence, though, they flag any part of a saved game’s map that is different than the world generation algorithm expects it to be. This can happen when the game crashes while it’s trying to save or if any of the changes we make or features we add impact the terrain generation pipeline. As we work to improve the game’s stability and fix any issues we find, you should encounter these MD5 errors less and less.

This has been—and will continue to be—an ongoing focus of ours. We really appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to improve your experience with 7 Days to Die.

--------------

UPDATE: We've recieved some reports of POIs changing from one to another. This is possibly caused by an MD5 error triggering in the area. The team are investigating this possible MD5 trigger now too.

--------------

UPDATE: A lot of players have asked about adding in a manual save option to the game. Which this sounds like a simple task that could temporarily help the issue. This is not as simple or temporary as it may seem. Not only would the UI need to changed to accommodate this new option but the team would need to dig into the core code of the game and change how the game saves. They would also need to work on how the game saves to the consoles and be sure Sony and MS approve of this. This is something that would take a considerable amount of time and resources. Afterwards the game still has the MD5 errors. It may not seem like it, but it is actually a lot quicker to hunt and fix the MD5 errors rather than digging into the core of the game and changing something so big.

Side note: Roland made a good point that adding a manual save also changes the design of the game and changes how it is played - Possibly one of the reasons manual save option was not added to PC. So if this was added in it would likely be removed afterward, which again is digging back into code to undo all that was done.

-----------

Update: 04/08

Copy of post: [04/08] Message from the Team - MD5 Info

Hi all,

Below is a message from the team regarding MD5 Errors

First, let us say thank you for your patience as we work through the issues with MD5 resets. We are continuously looking for ways to improve stability and tracking down causes for MD5 resets is at the forefront of those efforts. To help us track down these issues, we’ve added analytics to the game to capture as much data as possible when an MD5 mismatch is detected. With this data, we have been able to find and fix several causes of MD5 errors. In the last few patches, we submitted fixes for several of these issues and the early results from analytics shows that the number of MD5 errors has decreased dramatically. That said, we will continue tracking these issues and look for ways to fix them as we find them. Once again, thank you for your patience and for being an awesome community.

Thank you guys for continuing to pass on your MD5 error info, I would recommend those who want to share their details continue to do so, having information from all sides gives us more chances to catch and fix these issues!

Thanks,

Clare

------------

UNOFFICIAL WORKAROUND - USE WITH CAUTION AND AT OWN RISK - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

Platform: XB1 digital download.

World: Local multiplayer . Random Gen

Settings: All default (Scavenger)

Character: Lvl 45 Hank

Day: 28

Time: approx 16:00

Summary: World terrain reset to day 1 state, wiping out player made structures.

Details: I was down in my bunker I dug pretty much down to bedrock, I had my forge and campfire running, one cooking boiled meat and the forge making steel. I was looking at my minimap trying to figure out if I should go to the hub city for the horde or just chill and as soon as I exited out of my minimap the game crashed, kicked my buddie who was on, and when I reloaded the save, it had respawned me all the way at the surface (which was quite a way btw) and my house and bunker entrance were gone, except for one side which had my overhang. My bed was so far down that it "said" it was still there. I still had everything in my inventory to I put it in a chest and killed myself. Only to not spawn on my bed. So I'm assuming the icon was just bugged. But just so you guys know the MD5's extend really far down. Idk if it happens by chunks or what.

Platform: XB1 digital download.

World: Local multiplayer . Random Gen

Settings: All default (Scavenger)

Character: Lvl 45 Hank

Day: 28

Time: approx 16:00

Summary: World terrain reset to day 1 state, wiping out player made structures.

Details: I was down in my bunker I dug pretty much down to bedrock, I had my forge and campfire running, one cooking boiled meat and the forge making steel. I was looking at my minimap trying to figure out if I should go to the hub city for the horde or just chill and as soon as I exited out of my minimap the game crashed, kicked my buddie who was on, and when I reloaded the save, it had respawned me all the way at the surface (which was quite a way btw) and my house and bunker entrance were gone, except for one side which had my overhang. My bed was so far down that it "said" it was still there. I still had everything in my inventory to I put it in a chest and killed myself. Only to not spawn on my bed. So I'm assuming the icon was just bugged. But just so you guys know the MD5's extend really far down. Idk if it happens by chunks or what.

If you are hit by a reset, it will reset a whole chunk (or several chunks), from bedrock to the top of the world. Sounds like your bedroll icon was bugged after the crash.

Take a look at the workaround, it might be an option for you - as it's not official and does involve you deleting data, you use it at your own risk. However, many players are swearing by it.

I just dont know if it will still work because ive been playing for about 2 in game days and ive saved and quit before. I didnt want to abandon the world so i started rebuilding.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. No, unfortunately it's too late to save your base this time, but if you follow the workaround next time the game crashes, it should help you save your base.

• 3 weeks later...

Xbox1/Ps4 temp fix?

For games playing on a multiplayer setting, would it be possible for every other save to hold a sort of 'last know good' md5 check so that if something within say, 20 square blocks from a land claim block is reverted back to day 1 we could simply choose an option within the menu that reverts us back to our last known good md5 checksum? It's not perfect and wouldn't even save everything we've done recently, but would be a far better option opposed to losing all progress we've made in game.

This has happened to me three times in just a few months of playing, and it's extremely frustrating. The only reason I still play honestly is because the game has a lot of potential and I paid for it online and have no hope for a refund. I would be much less frustrated only losing a few items as opposed to starting with nothing in day 60+.

Another tactic I've recently taken to combat this is having multiple storage regions, so that if one is reset I have other regions to fall back on, but this is nowhere near ideal as losing some is much more devastating to the game than others no matter how even I try to keep their value.

I understand that changing the core of the game is resource intensive and costs quite a bit of money, however something has got to give at this point, and eventually people will stop playing because there is absolutely no point unless you want to play in cheat mode. Something, even if it is minut, needs to be done to alleviate these issues.

I have to say, I've really enjoyed the hell out of this game.

But it absolutely appalling that the day 1 reset of "select" areas of a map has not been corrected. I have been playing solidly now for over a month on an XB1. In that time, my friends and I have individually logged nearly 10 days of play time. During this past month, we've managed to lose our stuff on 3 separate occasions post crash. We would get back in to find that the area where we settled in...was completely gone. We tried some of the pre-fab buildings only to meet the same demise. Then, after the third time, and the rage quit motions had set in....I found the post regarding the MD5 issue and we were saved. For the better part of the past week and a half, every time we crashed....deleting the locally saved data fixed the issue. Until tonight!

On day 174, we lost it all......not only did we lose it all....ONLY the boxes that had the "expensive" stuff...RE-MF'ing-SET. We had 3 bases spread across the default Navezgane map. In every one of those bases....one WALL....was wiped/deleted/reset.

I've been playing games since Doom/Quake in the 90's and have NEVER seen an issue as drastic as this. What's more concerning is...the direct impact to a players game, their morale, and sense of accomplishment that those player(s) might have had. To read the posts in here and see to casual "oh were working on it" is absurd. This is a detrimental experience and the fact that you continue to sell this game with this issue is mind blowing. Yerp...let's take your money and oh by the way....good luck with advancing in the game after it resets all your hard work.

I've never wanted my money back on any game that I have ever purchased. There's been plenty I've been overly disappointed in, had zero interest in past the first 5 minutes, etc. But, after 4 full wipes of hard work, I am done. Even if this issue is only affecting a small minority of people...the fact that it exists...means that everyone is subject to being hit by it. Every other issue I have seen and read about so far pale in comparison to losing weeks of time and planning and organizing. Yes...the moments my friends as I spent were awesome. But to start over...when it was NOT our choice because of a massive bug such as this is not anywhere acceptable.

To that end, we are no longer playing. I really wish anyone who continues to power thru this all the best. I can't believe that I am even writing this as much as the game truly is but I cannot stand to power through rebuilding for a fifth time while constantly worrying about is the next crash going to wipe it all again.

Perseverance at an end.

Hello all. I have been reading this thread for months now, ever since my first base was destroyed. Seen three bases destroyed since then. Until a couple minutes ago.

I had built a MANSION! A 19x24x18 mansion three floors high. With triple layered walls and floors, cobblestone inwards, cobblestone outwards, for esthetics.ax ungraded steel concrete between the two layers of concrete. Red wood and decorations portrayed in ways so beautiful I cannot describe it.

Ofc, not the entire building was lost. Only about 75%, including forge with all my materials, cement mixer, chemical station, work bench and all chests containing all I had collected for the past 70h gameplay.

This issue remains to this day?! WHY? It's been over a year!

With the last big update I dared play again, I assumed this wa some of the bugs fixed, obviously I assumed this.

I was wrong and the developers broke my heart.

Deleting yet another world.

Random gen, world name: Perseverance.

For what it's worth (and as a little info for everyone) I noted this was posted on the following thread by a member of the The Fun Pimps staff...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74525-why-so-different

"The console version not being allowed to use as much HDD space as it wants for savegames is the sole reason for the bleeping MD5 errors..."

I don't know if knowing that helps anyone but Console OS enforced HDD drive limitations for save game space certainly makes the viewed effects of MD5's understandable.

For what it's worth (and as a little info for everyone) I noted this was posted on the following thread by a member of the The Fun Pimps staff...

"The console version not being allowed to use as much HDD space as it wants for savegames is the sole reason for the bleeping MD5 errors..."

I don't know if knowing that helps anyone but Console OS enforced HDD drive limitations for save game space certainly makes the viewed effects of MD5's understandable.

is there some way to get the console to update their OS to allow bigger save files cause honestly this is poopoo if its a limitation caused by firm ware drivers and OS memory allocation it an easy fix and the console manufacture's should be MADE to fix it . there is no reason to have such a weird thing as save game file limitation , what purpose would this serve ? i mean i can deal with it if the purpose for the file size limits is reasonable but if its just "policy " then that policy needs to change " cause thses console struggling to run a non AAA titles is pathetic ya i know 7 days is resource heavy but really why make things more complicated bt limiting file sizes on top of that

I am sorry, that is the biggest piece of crap I have ever heard. There was a 1 Gig space marker on my XBox profile for this game. When I deleted the local saved copies and re-synced with XBox Live....those profile files were showing around 40-50 meg and that was day 200+. Even if there was a 1 gig limit....how the hell can that be an excuse if the remaining 900+ gig are available for the game to write to?

Archived