[Known Issue] Terrain Rewriting (MD5 Issue)

Clare

so i am on day 23. the bug happened on day 22 when i was Close to water and i was looking for a marked airdrop and when i looked at the map. my character was still at my base but the airdrops were around my base now and the there was insane lag and i Went back to looking on the map and Everything had multiplied by ten times i saw airdrops everywhere on the map and then the game crashed. i Went on a day exploring and when i got back a big chunk of my base was missing so i Think it has something to do with distant terrain rendenring but i do not know.

thanks for your time and thanks for a awesome game.

If you're trying to report a bug, this isn't the place. Post in a new thread here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Console-Bug-Reports

System: XBOX ONE 1.0.14

Game Type: Local Single Player in Coop Splitscreen

Map Type: Random Gen

Save Name: crackpot20

Disk or Digital: Disk

DLC: none

Character: Jack

Difficulty: Marauder(?)

Aggression: Easy

Day Length: Standard

Drop on Death: All

Enemy Memory: 45 seconds

Block Durability: 100

Loot Abundance: 200

Airdrops: 24

24 Hour Cycle: 60

With the new update10 we started a new savegame. We are now on day 16 and we had 3(!!) terrain rewriting in two of our bases. Half building was totally untouched and the other.... :-/

1st: Both in menu while both making 200 wooden spikes. Game freezes, back to xbox dashboard and after we started 7days, Gone!

2nd: Player1 on minibike somewhere in nowhere. Player2 boils some water at the campfire. Straight into xbox dashboard, game restart, Gone!

3rd: While leaving our gamepads on the table for 10min (no movement, nothing) game crashed to xbox dashboard, game restart, Gone!

This bug is so annoying and frustrating!!!

See that post directly above yours....

I saw this already, I came here from there. But thanks anyway. If I follow the link "above mine", I end up here again because this is a subforum.

dFCTEa

If this is still the wrong thread... delete my post, move my post, copy my post or whatever :-) My small information do not affect the mass....

Sorry if my post is in the wrong thread. A little confusing ;-)

No that link goes directly to that big report section. This is the confirmed issues section. You can tell the difference because the bug report section has sticky posts.

I can't alter or move your post. You can though. You can post here but you will not get bug report feedback because this isn't the place for that.

No that link goes directly to that big report section. This is the confirmed issues section. You can tell the difference because the bug report section has sticky posts.

I can't alter or move your post. You can though. You can post here but you will not get bug report feedback because this isn't the place for that.

Thanks for the answer.

No, I can't move my post. I can't even edit. It's a sticky post i think :-)

Anyway, I still don't know where to post. I saw here some other guys posting their data, so I followed them. Thought it was a "Terrain rewriting bug reporting collection" thread.

So if someone, who can move posts or not, is interested into my data, can do whatever is right with my post.

@all: have a nice day

Rewrite

Platform: Xbox One digital download

World: Random (seed: Red Mountain) day 13

Local Co-op survival

Characters: Clint and Grace

Difficulty: Warrior

Zombies run: Default

Enemy Aggression: Normal

Daylight Hours: 18

Drop on death: Everything

Enemy memory: 60

Enemy spawning: High

Block durability: 100

Loot respawn time: 5

Loot abundance: 100

Air Drops: 24

24 hour cycle: 120

Have had a few of these, this is our newest one. We usually stay in pre-fabs until we get a base built from scratch, but this one caught up to us, lol. We were in the single story cabin, the one with the fireplace along the back wall. Built a white picket fence around it and the log (cone) spikes in front for defenses. Also built a half second floor to place the forge. Built a ledge around the roof for killing Zeds. Had a little mine going and had five chests placed on one wall for loot.

It was 0127 on day 13, I was standing on the roof keeping an eye out for Zeds and my girlfriend was down on the first floor using the campfire. I thought I saw a flash in the corner of my side of the split screen, which I have seen before and we usually quit the game to restart, but I wasn't sure if I truly saw it. About five minutes later, I went to open my inventory and sure enough, the outlines were flashing.

We quit, and I went to play MP with two of my other buddies for a bit. When my girlfriend and I started our couch co-op game again, the cabin had reset to day one. The outside was the same, but the inside of the cabin was reset.

Like I've said before, we will rebuild and carry on. Lol.

first crash in 6 months

Hello everyone

first of all excuse my english and 2nd... thanks to the devs and the teams behind this awesome game.

I have been playing this game on xbox one since january of this year, always on solo player on random worlds.

I have played about 5 different seeds for many weeks and accomplished great builds without any issues until today

on a fresh world.

After patch 10 launched, I started a new game on random world trying the seed crackpot1030 from that guy on youtube and on my ingame day 10 at 12ish hours my game crashed.

I was staying on one of those prefab buildings in the woods, 2 stories with a balcony surrounding the second floor, I placed 3 forges and all my loot, when I had the 3 forges running a screamer showed up and on the first scream my game crashed!!

after loading back in I was on the roof of the house and all my stuff was gone except my backpack and toolbelt.

well at least it was on day 10 I would be pis### if it was day 200 or 300.

Is there anyway to back up games or something in case this happens again? I mean I would not mind loosing a few days but not the whole thing.

After reading for hours I guess that I will do a few different things in the future.

1 not keeping all my goods in one single spot

2 run a different forge house

3 keep reading and praying for a fix!

Hello everyone

first of all excuse my english and 2nd... thanks to the devs and the teams behind this awesome game.

I have been playing this game on xbox one since january of this year, always on solo player on random worlds.

I have played about 5 different seeds for many weeks and accomplished great builds without any issues until today

on a fresh world.

After patch 10 launched, I started a new game on random world trying the seed crackpot1030 from that guy on youtube and on my ingame day 10 at 12ish hours my game crashed.

I was staying on one of those prefab buildings in the woods, 2 stories with a balcony surrounding the second floor, I placed 3 forges and all my loot, when I had the 3 forges running a screamer showed up and on the first scream my game crashed!!

after loading back in I was on the roof of the house and all my stuff was gone except my backpack and toolbelt.

well at least it was on day 10 I would be pis### if it was day 200 or 300.

Is there anyway to back up games or something in case this happens again? I mean I would not mind loosing a few days but not the whole thing.

After reading for hours I guess that I will do a few different things in the future.

1 not keeping all my goods in one single spot

2 run a different forge house

3 keep reading and praying for a fix!

I keep reading that there is a screen flicker that happens before the crash. If you hurry and unplug your system when the flicker starts, then do a reboot, you'll be fine. Others have sworn this works most of the time. Does anyone know if those xbox hybrid drives can do backups?

Third Times a Charm.

NOTE: THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL POST ONLY!

- IF YOU WISH TO SHARE YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE ERROR YOU EXPERIENCED, PLEASE DO SO BELOW

- IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME, OR WISH TO REPORT A BUG I WILL LIKELY MISS IT AS I DO NOT CHECK THIS THREAD OFTEN OR CHASE THINGS HERE

- IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIRECT RESPONSE OR DIRECT CONTACT, PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE MAIN BUG REPORTS SECTION. ANY DEVELOPMENTS WILL BE UPDATED HERE AND IN "NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS"

These are the rules to this thread. People are allowed to post information about the error they experienced here in this space, However, If they are looking for an individual response, They need to create a new thread in the Bug Reports Section. So, People are allowed to do as they do in this thread.

Thank you.

Also, Speaking of this god forsaken game, Upon a third try of playing this heaping disappointment of a game, Our, self-built, base got erased, along with the stuff me and my girlfriend have spent hours gathering. To those who think they have an idea on why this MD5 glitch is happening, and think that it is due to something happening "specifically", it's not. It's random. It doesn't matter what you do, or how you play. Upon THREE different chances I've given, We've done everything in our power to try and change something that we interpreted as "the issue". This was shut down when the game would crash on VERY random occasions, during split screen, and we would just have to cross our fingers and pray that this isn't the time the game decided to ♥♥♥♥ us.

As long as this thread exists, I will constantly post about how terrible this game is, and why people should look elsewhere for entertainment.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, But you're telling me that this failed attempt to make something playable doesn't work on TWO fronts?

Boy, you sure proved me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

No way to back up anything on Xbox. Just keep doing number 3. Hopefully some day they'll fix the issue.

"Someday"

NOTE: THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL POST ONLY!

- IF YOU WISH TO SHARE YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE ERROR YOU EXPERIENCED, PLEASE DO SO BELOW

- IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME, OR WISH TO REPORT A BUG I WILL LIKELY MISS IT AS I DO NOT CHECK THIS THREAD OFTEN OR CHASE THINGS HERE

- IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIRECT RESPONSE OR DIRECT CONTACT, PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE MAIN BUG REPORTS SECTION. ANY DEVELOPMENTS WILL BE UPDATED HERE AND IN "NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS"

Also, These are the rules to this thread. People are allowed to post information on the error they experienced. People who do so shouldn't look for any personal help from devs or any kind of individual response from the team. They CAN move their posts to the Bug Report section, but don't make it seem like they HAVE to.

Thank you.

UPDATE: It's happened a third time. "Why do I keep trying?", you might ask yourself. Because I have a girlfriend who is really supportive of this terrible, terrible game. It doesn't make sense to me that someone could pour hours of hours, losing sleep, over a game that just slaps you in the face and says, "No. Start over.". People, It doesn't matter what you post in here or in the Bug Report section, because this glitch is random. On THREE different occasions, We have tried multiple sizes, shapes, and platforms in where we build our bases. Each one gets deleted off of some random crash. It's not fair. I personally don't give a ♥♥♥♥, I've given up on this game months ago, But to have my girlfriend who sits here and supports this crazy abomination get ♥♥♥♥ on constantly with this glitch, I have every right to sit here on this forum and speak my ♥♥♥♥ing mind.

I've said it 100 times before on this thread, and I'll say it again. Sort your ♥♥♥♥ing game out, mate.

Thanks.

Not sure what you're on but no one said that people couldn't post here. I stated that if people wanted to submit a bug report, then they're posting in the wrong section. Since they posted here using a sticky info format for reporting settings and bugs, one would assume that was their intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, these are the riles to all forum posts:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87-Official-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines

Be respectful if you want to be heard. Or not and be moderated.

Not sure what you're on but no one said that people couldn't post here. I stated that if people wanted to submit a bug report, then they're posting in the wrong section. Since they posted here using a sticky info format for reporting settings and bugs, one would assume that was their intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, these are the riles to all forum posts:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87-Official-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines

Be respectful if you want to be heard. Or not and be moderated.

Wouldn't have brought it up if it didn't sound a bit pushy, bud. I digress. I understand their guidelines, they are, for the most part, the same as most other forums. Unfortunately, I'm the kind of consumer that doesn't allow bull♥♥♥♥ in my games. So, I'll post here what I feel like I have to say, and others can choose to read my struggle, or ignore it. Your choice.

The game replaced the chunk that contained almost my entire base on Xbox One. I was just sitting in my mine when it happened. There are lots of lights in my house and a secondary base with placed items got reverted also. I'd like to ask if it's possible to roll my multiplayer server back 5 hours from this post or somewhere before then? If it isn't possible I completely understand, things like this do tend to happen. My gamertag is "Racktime Ranger" and the name of the world that got a corrupted chunk is "YEET". Thank you for your time.

Just my loot room

Xbox One

50 minute days

day 46

Random Gen

18 hour days

Monad

150 loot

15 day respawn rate

Private game with a buddy

Game crashes every two hours since new update, on the dot every two hours. Been running fine until yesterday. We got a POI and last night I got this MD5 error. Worst part, it reset our crafting and loot room. Thats all it reset, all our storage, all our forges with thousands of smelted resources, work bench, cement mixer. Everything else was left intact, our outer and inner wall. Inner garden, the forest I planted nearby. Catwalks, beds, lights, even our network of tunnels were left untouched. It literally only reset the room where all our stuff was. Only thing, left is what is on our inventory. Like some sick joke! Im gonna take a break for while...

Half of my base is gone :-( Third time

After a crash half of my base has been gone and resetted. This is the third time it happened to me. First time I modified a house when it got reset. Second time I build around a regular old house without modifying the house. And the last time I build my base on a flat terrain and Yeah.. it crashed and half of the base is gone. Im soooooo upset at the moment, I wont be playing this until there is a proper fix.

I was in day 215 I think it happened? Al those work for nothing. So sad. How much resources I lost, Items, guns, forges, cement mixers, mini-bike and much more.

I hope you guys are able to fix this because the game is great besides these game breaking:upset: bugs!

Wouldn't have brought it up if it didn't sound a bit pushy, bud. I digress. I understand their guidelines, they are, for the most part, the same as most other forums. Unfortunately, I'm the kind of consumer that doesn't allow bull♥♥♥♥ in my games. So, I'll post here what I feel like I have to say, and others can choose to read my struggle, or ignore it. Your choice.
You have the right to be angry with this bull♥♥♥♥ dude preach that ♥♥♥♥. It does fell like I have been robbed not the money paid for the game but all the time put into this ♥♥♥♥ game. This is the 4th time I have had the MD5 error and it's been happening for a year and a half if your reading this wondering if they will ever fix it the anwser is no. They all ready have your money and sells has reached its peek ages ago so there is no need for them to fix this ♥♥♥♥ game. And if you say oOOoo but there still adding new ♥♥♥♥, that ♥♥♥♥ is from pc consoles are miles behind. Also you notice pc version is always getting updates and news where as console owners get a big go ♥♥♥♥ your self ♥♥♥♥ buy a pc. Clare telling all of you to log what you where doing last in the game for the past 16months 16 ♥♥♥♥ing months seriously. Change 7days to die on Xbox store to preview, or even better (broken). Now let's see what defenders of this broken ass game have to say about this comment

July 25 2017 1230 Am. Lost everything

I got this game for father's day 2017 from my kids. Been playing it ever since. Today July 25 at 1230 a.m. I was in my base on xbox one when game glitches. When I reload the game everything I had was gone. Base was re set to how I found it one day one. I had several weapons, good, items, and lots of work done to my base. Now it's gone!!!!

I got this game for father's day 2017 from my kids. Been playing it ever since. Today July 25 at 1230 a.m. I was in my base on xbox one when game glitches. When I reload the game everything I had was gone. Base was re set to how I found it one day one. I had several weapons, good, items, and lots of work done to my base. Now it's gone!!!!

sorry to hear you got the dreaded MD5 error many trigger have been found but not all you may have found if you can recount what you did before the game crashed it could be extremely help full to the stafff that trying to fix this bug , and i mean recount every thing lookin in chest looting a corpes digging uder you r base any detail no matter how insignificant may be helpful

- - - Updated - - -

not tryin to bash XB1 but the Ps4 version is considerably more stable for MP and we have 1st amendment rights on the ps4 as well (we get the signs and letters )

You have the right to be angry with this bull♥♥♥♥ dude preach that ♥♥♥♥. It does fell like I have been robbed not the money paid for the game but all the time put into this ♥♥♥♥ game. This is the 4th time I have had the MD5 error and it's been happening for a year and a half if your reading this wondering if they will ever fix it the anwser is no. They all ready have your money and sells has reached its peek ages ago so there is no need for them to fix this ♥♥♥♥ game. And if you say oOOoo but there still adding new ♥♥♥♥, that ♥♥♥♥ is from pc consoles are miles behind. Also you notice pc version is always getting updates and news where as console owners get a big go ♥♥♥♥ your self ♥♥♥♥ buy a pc. Clare telling all of you to log what you where doing last in the game for the past 16months 16 ♥♥♥♥ing months seriously. Change 7days to die on Xbox store to preview, or even better (broken). Now let's see what defenders of this broken ass game have to say about this comment

you have every right be mad but don't go imagining things and leave the conjecture and mind reading out of it , how do you know that this MD5 error doesn't plague the DEVS of this game that love their creation and want it to be the best it can possibly be , and i'll have you know the DEVS have to PAY sony and MS to update the game and they DO so lets leave the they all they want is your money theory our of this be angry all want but leave the name calling insult out if you don't know the DEvs you don't know how they feel about your and your loss maybe they are just upset about as you are but experience has taught that getting angry changes nothing , so they focus on asking angry impatient people to calm down and help them fix the problem by PROPERLY REPORTING IT instead launching an insulting tirade maybe take a breath and describe in clear what happen leadin up to the crash and MD5 , and the console version was an after thought and the deal brokered by tell tale whom saw the game on pc and wanted to help port it to console , TFP didn't have to say yes and where probably worried about problems such as these and not only that they knew then they weren't even close to finished with 7d2d but tell tale thought alpha 14 stable was good enough so here we are be happy we can even play it at all with out have to shell out 2ooo $ for a new pc

Archived