[Known Issue] Terrain Rewriting (MD5 Issue)

Clare

is there some way to get the console to update their OS to allow bigger save files cause honestly this is poopoo if its a limitation caused by firm ware drivers and OS memory allocation it an easy fix and the console manufacture's should be MADE to fix it . there is no reason to have such a weird thing as save game file limitation , what purpose would this serve ? i mean i can deal with it if the purpose for the file size limits is reasonable but if its just "policy " then that policy needs to change " cause thses console struggling to run a non AAA titles is pathetic ya i know 7 days is resource heavy but really why make things more complicated bt limiting file sizes on top of that

Jon the real fix is 7 Days getting off their arses and created dedicated servers hosted by the XBox Live systems. Ark's environment is many times the size of 7 Days but they are dedicated servers that you connect to and play on. Not something dependent on the local users's console to host.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello the houses reverting to day 1 seemed to have been fixed with a patch but with the last patch it is happening again. Yesterday after foraging, scavenging and building the stock of supplies significant, their was a hiccup of sorts and we crashed from the game. When I logged back in, forge, cement mixer and workbench all lost along with all the stash of food, drink, medical, weapons etc. Hours of work lost! And this all happened morning of day 21 ... This is very discouraging and needs to be fixed. Please help with these problems!!!

• 2 weeks later...

"A lot of players have asked about adding in a manual save option to the game. Which this sounds like a simple task that could temporarily help the issue. This is not as simple or temporary as it may seem. Not only would the UI need to changed to accommodate this new option but the team would need to dig into the core code of the game and change how the game saves. They would also need to work on how the game saves to the consoles and be sure Sony and MS approve of this. This is something that would take a considerable amount of time and resources. Afterwards the game still has the MD5 errors. It may not seem like it, but it is actually a lot quicker to hunt and fix the MD5 errors rather than digging into the core of the game and changing something so big.

Side note: Roland made a good point that adding a manual save also changes the design of the game and changes how it is played - Possibly one of the reasons manual save option was not added to PC. So if this was added in it would likely be removed afterward, which again is digging back into code to undo all that was done."

Translation: we cannot be bothered. Just give us your money for our unfit-for-purpose software.

The above statement was the reason why I left the 1 star "Critically broken. Do not purchase" review on Xbox Live. It is also the reason why I will never buy anything created by this apathetic dev team. I like this game. It was an interesting concept...but let down by a lazy dev team. 7 Days to die could have been so good. What a shame. :(

Base Wipe. .!

I just lost all my supply and near all my Base with this ISSUE.. And no way I'm doing it again for this to happen AGAIN.. I have seen posts from beginning of last year about this and you would think this would be sorted by now.. So Basically we have all bought a game that is only HALF Playable.. As this issue could happen over and over again.. So What's the point.. If I knew abut this problem before paying my hard earned money I think I would of thought twice. (And don't think I would be the only 1).. 😠

Hope this info helps

To whom it may concern,

I wanted to share some info on my recent experience with the MD5 error. After searching around it looks like this is the best place for this post, if not, please feel free to move it.

Game settings

Platform: Xbox One

Survival SP

Navezgane

Day: 25

Time: 02:30

Coordinates: 521N 549W

Scavenger

Never run

Day length: 18 Hours

Just before the error occurred I was upgrading the perimeter of my base to reinforced concrete, I noticed the UI glitch where part of the characters inventory screen UI is partially overlaid onto the in-game screen. Shortly thereafter the game crashed, which happens on a somewhat frequent basis. Upon loading back in, I noticed my concrete base was reverted back to it's day one state. Only two concrete outer walls remained, with a very small portion of iron spikes with concrete 1/4 blocks. The basement/repair area, as well as the bedrock level forging room was gone. Not to mention all the chests, items, work stations, essentially everything aside from my mini bike, farm, and what my character had equipped.

I hope this information is of some help, and that the team is making progress on this issue.

Jon the real fix is 7 Days getting off their arses and created dedicated servers hosted by the XBox Live systems. Ark's environment is many times the size of 7 Days but they are dedicated servers that you connect to and play on. Not something dependent on the local users's console to host.

Voxel actual 3D game engine is way more complex than a height map 3d engine ,

Ark is height maped garbage ,it is not a voxel game so ark can go blow its self in the last stall in the corner of the bathroom , 19 yr old height map technology boring !! oh so they got servers for people that wanna play Dino barbie yeah have fun spending 3 real days staring at an egg !!!.

and Dedicated servers will not help the MD5 triggered by save file size limitations

and laziness has nothing to do with the lack of dedicate servers , that sh*t costs money and lots of it , while the game on console is owned by TTG so it would be up to them TTG to supply the dedicated servers not TFP . also PSN and MSN aren't just gonna offer free dedicated servers to TTG , so unless you want to foot the bill ?

Crash

Hey all just wanted to tell my part of the story. Just had just finished refurbishing my base with concrete and walled up stairs and my game crashed. Happens usually but when i loaded back in my whole base had reset and all my loot until day 30 had disappeared.

And then it was gone...

All Setting's are on Default except the difficulty which is Nomad.

2 of my mates and I were in the Pine Forest Biome and dug a trench 17X17 to Bedrock

as soon as we were digging underneath the center section to cause the cave-in effect...it didn't it stayed there flloating what seems like thousands of blocks with no supports. After forcefully causing a collapse from placing a block on the sides. We were done. So we built up using concrete and as soon as we reached ground level our mate crashed. Upon reloading into the game we were stunned to see all of our trench was gone and so was all of our supplies. Anyway's, after encountering that we decided to build near the outskirt of a town did the same thing except we made the trench smaller 13X13 except had to resort to wood frames going up and it did it to us again!. So we're now on top of a pop'N Pills on day 154 and don't know what to do cause it seems like everytime we make a base the game MD5's us can you please give us any suggestions we don't wanna quite the game we're in cause we have most of our skills maxed out.

All Setting's are on Default except the difficulty which is Nomad.

2 of my mates and I were in the Pine Forest Biome and dug a trench 17X17 to Bedrock

as soon as we were digging underneath the center section to cause the cave-in effect...it didn't it stayed there flloating what seems like thousands of blocks with no supports. After forcefully causing a collapse from placing a block on the sides. We were done. So we built up using concrete and as soon as we reached ground level our mate crashed. Upon reloading into the game we were stunned to see all of our trench was gone and so was all of our supplies. Anyway's, after encountering that we decided to build near the outskirt of a town did the same thing except we made the trench smaller 13X13 except had to resort to wood frames going up and it did it to us again!. So we're now on top of a pop'N Pills on day 154 and don't know what to do cause it seems like everytime we make a base the game MD5's us can you please give us any suggestions we don't wanna quite the game we're in cause we have most of our skills maxed out.

digging large areas down to bed rock seem to perhaps be your trigger , as i have ssuspecting as a great many md5 stories start with the words " i was digging " " i was mining " and the corruption may have to do with the SI mechanics failing and causing a correction loop that leads to a the crash . last time i had an md5 i too was mining like a mad mole

MD5 error (quite frustrating)

So this is the 3rd time this month this has happened, it has happened 2 times on the same world (very unfortunate) but my love for this game as well as patience persists fortunately. Anyhow yadda yadda I'll get to the circumstances of the crashes and errors: me and my mates where at the farm, we destroyed the barn and where building our own house ad well as a new building where the farm house was (we destoryed it as well) when I opened up my forge and nothing showed up, no HUD, nothen. So I left the forge and bam insta crash. Load server back up and half of my house is missing with the barn back and half the farmhouse back as well. Luckily no chests where deleted so I decide to move, and build my own house. I built my house again near the crack a book trader and on day 31 (each day 60 minutes) I opened my campfire, no HUD, exit out and 5 seconds later same thing. Load up again and this time all the base was gone. 3 stories a draft bridge and countless itens all gone. Something I've notied with these crashes and errors is this: 25% game crashes its like that, No HUD or UI it's blank, about immediately after ranging up to 5 seconds after it crashes instantly. No noise or anything. 50% the game crashes like that an MD5 error occures. Most if the time the game doesn't crash until 30-60 minutes have gone by with 7 days being opened in xbox. Anywhere after 90 minutes the chance for a crash increases. I hope this bug gets fixed soon, I'd like to not have to worry about my base despawning on day 50 :/

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. Sorry for all the typos and other crap ( I'm on a phone atm

Game froze and my base reset halfway to day 1

Hubby and I have been playing together split screen and had taken over hospital we had been building cat walks around hospital, also made a brick wall. Day 76 our game froze we tried the shutting game and our console down and then reloaded only to find half of what we built gone and all our supplies vanished. This was second time of us losing stuff in a freeze up. It's very upsetting since we have put many hours and days of game play into our home base... we where working on our base when the freeze and reset happened...

(Xbox1) Crash - patches of world reverting

GT: Kelz Ordo

Map: Navesgane

Type: Private game

Name: KelzOrdia

Base: Built a little west of Diersville

(between town and tool shop)

Last crash: Climbing up the ladder to the roof of my base.

Issue: Two quarters of base missing (diagonally) oh and my heart hurts also.

Up to day 100, had multiple crashes leading up to this main one with no issues after loading back in. My game crashed the previous night and I didn't bother logging back in because it was late and I was suffering from an overeating of pizza disorder and decided to sleep it off instead. When I awoke I was in the mood to kill me some zom-b**ches. I had disabled zombie spawning up until this point as I wanted to get a good head start on building and exploring without the constant worry of being chased down and eaten to death on hoard night (gotta unlock dat sexual tyrannosaurus perk, yo).. So, when I logged in today to check what day I was on (before turning zombies on) I found that half my base had vanished along with 40 odd chests, containers, gun safes, forges etc.. I've experienced this before in the past with multiple saved games but figured it was less likely to happen nowadays because, well.. I don't know.. these things usually get fixed, right? Anywho! I was suprised to say the least. I'd worked pretty hard on my beautiful base.. it wasn't just a base though.. it was a home, and with me being a gal who enjoys the finer things in a zombie apocolypse, I had decorated that home with a minibike garage, seductive loungeroom/forge fireplace, a gorgeous kitchen, seperate storage rooms for both my husband and I (in case he ever decided to stop playing destiny and come join in on my riveting adventure) .. lets just say I put a f*** tonne of effort into that palace, more than the average nerd would. Not to mention I'd spent countless days exploring the map in all of its entirety (Aw byebye loot)

Soooo.. I've kinda lost my will to go on in 7 days, a heart can only break so many times before it completely shatters.. and I'm definitely at the shattered point 😢

I'll probably give the game another go in year or so.. hopefully you'll be closer to fixing the issues by then. I do thoroughly enjoy playing, but the constant fear of losing progress is definitely greater than the fear of having zombies eat my face off.

I hope this info helps your team.. I know it happens alot. I may even switch to PC if it's currently the only reliable platform.

Wishing you all the best with your game.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

I'll be on minecraft if you need me.

GT: Kelz Ordo

I know it happens alot. I may even switch to PC if it's currently the only reliable platform.

Wishing you all the best with your game.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

I'll be on minecraft if you need me.

if you are already considering switching platforms for better performance , try the PS4 its cheaper than a pc and i can honestly vouch for its stability i have only had one MD5 that was more than 6 months ago(and i had save backed up on usb so no big loss ) , heck scan through the Md5 posts and you'll notice 90 % of the OP are on xb1 he main culprit is sadly a Microsoft policy surrounding the save game file size restrictions , not only the PS4 allow you to make manual save back ups onto USB memory sticks , for the most part ,multiplayer session can be played up to 10 hrs strait with out a hitch even connecting to my friends in the Netherlands from Seattle WA . don't get me wrong im not a PS4 FANBOY im just a hardware goon that looked at both console from pre-launch to launch and forsaw the xb1 being screwed over in attempt to please investors rather than the consumer that purchase their product . any how look into it your self make up your own mind , my job is to plant the seed not to convince you , if the seed is good you'll convince your self

• 2 weeks later...

Annoying!

So, they fix the console multiplayer and then we get this! Isn't it great!

Platform: XB1

World: Random Gen

No Players: 2 Online

Main World Crashes: Day 21 and Day 28

Both crashes on a horde day, at apx 21:00. Many crashes throughout playing however these were the two which reset the area's. Well, half reset the area's. First crash was close to a trader, in a built on house. Second was in the bunker, close to the spawn point, were the fence had been replaced. Both "areas" had a cobblestone wall all the way around them, both where in a standard "green" biome.

• 3 weeks later...

2nd base gone

Random gen survival map

Player name Fubar236

Xbox platform

Occurred: 12/17/2017 approx 9pm EST. (game time time approx 4:10 day 160)

Forrest area near large water body.

Game disconnected to title screen while i was underground at forge/storage

Logged back in to be above ground with 3/4 of the walls, spikes, tunnel and farm missing

Dug down again to see if anything remained below.

King sized bed and desk remained embedded in rock. Tunneled to where 6 crates, forge and workbench would have been, but nothing .... only rock.

Main base unaffected

Lost entire saves before in prior versions. Very disappointed there is still no fundamental stability after years of development. Thousands of steel, iron, rebar not to mention hours of work..... poof

Dont expect any of my stuff back... but can you guys please address game breaking glitches like this before worrying about superficial content

Okay so half my walled in garden and half of my house for a base totally reset and disappeared.

My GT is RavalaRose

Platform is Xbox one

Save file NEW2

Nave private game

Day 56 Time 04:30

Hope this can help fix the bug somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see a thing / no tough enemies at high game stage (PS4)

Hello Survivors,

I suppose you have been told this a million times but there is still the problem that the game is way to dark. This is not a problem in several bioms but especially in maple and pine forest biome is becomes a real problem due to the dark grass and all the trees.

Furthermore there are no tougher enemies like cops or feral walkers coming during horde nights. I play the game on warrior, 125% amount of enemies, feral aggression. That should have been all settings having an impact on the amount of spawning enemies and what type they may be. Probably it is only about the game stage but I am on day 91 now, lvl. 78, about 650 kills, NO deaths. So far I have no further idea why there are no tough guys coming.

If it was the Dynamic Blood Moon Horde there should be at least cops spawning.

Sorry for my English. Greetings from Germany.

Hello Survivors,

I suppose you have been told this a million times but there is still the problem that the game is way to dark. This is not a problem in several bioms but especially in maple and pine forest biome is becomes a real problem due to the dark grass and all the trees.

Furthermore there are no tougher enemies like cops or feral walkers coming during horde nights. I play the game on warrior, 125% amount of enemies, feral aggression. That should have been all settings having an impact on the amount of spawning enemies and what type they may be. Probably it is only about the game stage but I am on day 91 now, lvl. 78, about 650 kills, NO deaths. So far I have no further idea why there are no tough guys coming.

If it was the Dynamic Blood Moon Horde there should be at least cops spawning.

Sorry for my English. Greetings from Germany.

This is the information thread for Terrain Reset bugs - you need to post this as a new thread in the bug reporting section for it to be investigated - adding your game details and if possible, some screenshots, video would help too.

This is the information thread for Terrain Reset bugs - you need to post this as a new thread in the bug reporting section for it to be investigated - adding your game details and if possible, some screenshots, video would help too.

You are right, I am gonna start a new thread to make this problem easier to be found by the devs and to move it out of the wrong topic section, sorry.

Reverting to day 1

I adore this game, but it breaks my heart everytime my builds reset to day 1. I mean, I've had 6 different maps, with my highest at day 210. I love to build new ideas and new things. After reading other posts, I have found a few things to keep in mind when my game crashes next. I was wanting a new game with the traders on Xbox 1, so played (with 2 others online) all day to get to the first horde night, only to have half of my base respawn to day 1. 21:00 on night 7 and had to scramble to defeat the horde. I was looking for tips or places to avoid... not seeing that. I am scared to rebuild on the same place; scared to play at all. Heartbreaking.

Think I'm going to start a base nearby and continue to use the resources that haven't respawned yet. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox MD5 error twice reverts to day 1

My set up is a brand new Xbox One S straight out of the box. I downloaded 7DTD immediately after the required Xbox updates and began playing. I am on the 7DTD Patch Version 1.0.18.0. I have no DLC at the moment because the game is nearly unplayable due to consistently crashing every 1-2 hours (single player and multiplayer private match that I host). The MD5 revert to day 1 happened on day 35 at 20:00 in the forest biome in the House straight across from the front door of the hospital. The first time it happened I was building a concrete wall around our perimeter. I had previously dug to bedrock straight down from the small room beneath the stairs and dug a tunnel across bedrock until I was beneath the street. I dug a large bunker approximately 20x20 squares wide and built concrete walls and a ceiling around the entire room. I placed my bedroll and a single chest in the NW corner (approximately straight down from in front of the driveway to the garage). I went back upstairs and worked on concrete fortifications for approximately 15 minutes before the game crashed again. I reloaded (spawned on top of the house and a message said my bedroll was destroyed) and only the north wall and east wall of the house remained untouched, everything else from just across the street to the back wall and from the driveway to the east wall was reverted to day 1. Angrily, we started to rebuild. It took me a few game days to get all the parts for another forge and cement mixer, then I again dug to bedrock and headed south with plans to just dig to the hospital then back up. I made it to just across the street and dug into 3/4 of my bunker. Only the NE corner of the bunker where my bedroll was placed seemed to be affected. I thought it wasn’t a total loss, so I liked the stone out of my bunker with plans to build the concrete walls again and complete it. I went back upstairs and was standing on a wall doing nothing for 5 minutes while I ate dinner so my friends could continue searching for loot to replenish our lost supplies. The game crashed again and once more after reloading the reversion to day 1 had taken place in the exact same area. This time I have not mined at all and decided to just gather supplies into the back yard that is seemingly unaffected until we decided what we would do. I cleared the furniture out of the house for the cloth and we played for approximately 8 hours of real time and 4-5 crashes without another reversion, so we have again rebuilt (above ground only) with no reversion issues through 7-8 more crashes. I wouldn’t call it good just yet, but no reversions. I have seen two different houses fail to load at all on our street(only thing visible is flat rock just beneath what should be the surface) and if I touched them I got stuck for a minute or so then respawned in the middle of the street. I have searched now and found this forum and the “workaround” that may or may not work and I notice this has been going on for well over a year on Xbox. I’m just going to say that is completely ridiculous even for an alpha. Anyway, the rest of the requested information:

Game Type: private Game

Map Type: Navezgane

Save Name: 1

Digital Copy

No DLC

Character: Madmole

Difficulty: Adventurer and Scavenger

Zombies Never Run

Enemy Aggression: Normal

Daylight Length: 16 hours

Drop on Death: Backpack Only

Enemy Memory: 60

Enemy Spawning: 1st time enabled, 2nd disabled

Block Durability: 100

Loot Respawn: default then 5

Loot Abundance: 100 then 200

Airdrops: 24

24 Hour Cycle: 60 then 120

In-game day: 35 then a few days later

Extra information: both times right before these two crashes only my hud began to flicker. At least I assume it was the entire hud, I specifically noticed the HP bar, Stamina bar, and compass flickering.

Best of luck finding the bug and helping us all be able to play the game without our biggest fear in a horror game being our saves getting deleted every hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Skipping crash = half base and all resources gone

Xb1 day 65, Went to fill water jars and harvest a few surface stones on the mini bike. Game studder crashes while walking into a house to dismantle the fridge. Reboot and drive home to find over half of my concrete and steel made from scratch gone with most of my collected items including chem station and every storage box except food just gone and the land looks to have reverted to day 1 where the 2/3rds of my base vanished from.... 2018 now how long is this gonna happen with out a way to get our stuff back? Make it so we can rewind the game save an hour or something cause this is ridiculous. I wasn't even away for 10 minutes and didn't go far at all... Very upset...

Terrain Rewrite on Xbox One

Xbox One. Day 76. Navesgane. Splitscreen with my fiancé. I go AFK for 10 minutes while she is digging at bedrock. The HUD display flickers and the game crashes. We load back up with a message saying our bedrolls were destroyed and we respawn outside. Our fort and cave was in pine forest, directly next to the tiny lake off lake road. Food, water, guns, loot, iron, stone, steel etc. gone - reverted to day 1. Only thing remaining is a single wood spike trap.

We love this game, but we're not going to play if this is the greatest thing we have to fear. Is there anything being done to make it up to the players affected by your bug? What can we do??

Map Name: live plz

GT: JustNamedBrogan

I can't believe how long they have known about this problem and STILL this continues to happen!

My partner and I have put a lot of hours into this game, only for it to crash and reset our base.

I went on this forum to see if anything was being done but clearly not.

I'm uninstalling this game asap and never purchasing anything from these guys again.

Archived