[Known Issue] Multiplayer Disconnection

Clare

Maybe

interesting that you mention this. When I tried multiple times to play online with my friend on XB1, whether I was hosting or him, it all seemed fine when we spawned in for the first time and were in different places on the map. We would try to make our way to each other while looting some and as soon as we got close to each other, we started having the problem with disconnecting. To be clear, if i hosted the game, he would disconnect when we got close to each other. If he hosted, I would disconnect when we got close to each other. Then when he or I tried to rejoin the game, it either would not connect at all or would only connect for a few minutes before disconnecting again. I'm wondering if we stayed apart, like not in the same chunk or something, if we could stay in the game together. This is not ideal of course, it just makes me wonder if players being in the same chunk of the map has anything to do with the problem.

Maybe because the game seems totally fine when I'm not near my friends but any time any of us get close the game starts getting random bugs and disconnections

Hm

interesting that you mention this. When I tried multiple times to play online with my friend on XB1, whether I was hosting or him, it all seemed fine when we spawned in for the first time and were in different places on the map. We would try to make our way to each other while looting some and as soon as we got close to each other, we started having the problem with disconnecting. To be clear, if i hosted the game, he would disconnect when we got close to each other. If he hosted, I would disconnect when we got close to each other. Then when he or I tried to rejoin the game, it either would not connect at all or would only connect for a few minutes before disconnecting again. I'm wondering if we stayed apart, like not in the same chunk or something, if we could stay in the game together. This is not ideal of course, it just makes me wonder if players being in the same chunk of the map has anything to do with the problem.

I use vodaphone connect as my broadband and it don't work for me.

I am on Vodafone too the only way I have got it to work so far is by using a wired connection instead of wireless I have tried port forwarding ect ect while or wireless but it just won't work at all. And I don't have a cable that goes from upstairs to downstairs so yea I gotta use an Ethernet cable from my pc to my Xbox so my Xbox uses my pc's wireless connection, stupid, right! And even then there's more bugs when I'm in the game near players

Is there any other ports we could possibly open?. Also one thing I really don't understand I know you are asking people about their connection speeds ect. My friend has really bad internet he has 0.3 upload speed 10mbps download speed like 89 wireless strength and a few packet loss and he could join my games and my friends but my connection which is way better than his struggles. Like I said I can only join most games on wired connection. Also could you possibly fix the multiplayer bugs which I've mentioned when I can actually play the game?

Claire any updates on this? Crazy to think this has been an issue since Patch 2 and still no fix. Thought by now we could all play again. Makes you wonder what they did to the game in patch 2.

My friends and I have abandoned this game for the foreseeable. The seeming lack of commitment to a fix or even frequent updates on progress to a fix is disappointing.

Is there any other ports we could possibly open?. Also one thing I really don't understand I know you are asking people about their connection speeds ect. My friend has really bad internet he has 0.3 upload speed 10mbps download speed like 89 wireless strength and a few packet loss and he could join my games and my friends but my connection which is way better than his struggles. Like I said I can only join most games on wired connection. Also could you possibly fix the multiplayer bugs which I've mentioned when I can actually play the game?

I posted this some time ago:

'The quality of an internetconnection is not only defineable via up/download speeds, providers or hardware. There are a lot of factors, like the physical interface, protocolls used (within 'the last mile' and from there on), load on the bus (after the last mile) and so on.'

7 days is done

This game is dead, been waiting for almost a year for them to fix this. Friends and I were playing, got pretty far along in the game. Bad ass fort built, then poof, new patch, no one can play. This game is dead, I don't know why I still check this forum every month to see if they have fixed it. Just amazing to me that they would sell a broken game to people and not fix a huge problem with it

• 3 weeks later...

Multiplayer Private Game

Ok hello I play on Xbox one and host a private multiplayer survival which my friends join which is rough because I work nights they work days is there any way they could play in the private game without me having to be there

Ok hello I play on Xbox one and host a private multiplayer survival which my friends join which is rough because I work nights they work days is there any way they could play in the private game without me having to be there

Just to let you know, this question does not belong in bug reports, you would be better to have posted it under general support where it would be more likely to be picked up.

To answer your question; if you are the host, then they cannot access your game when you are not loaded into your world. However, there is nothing to stop them from hosting their own private game.

Disconnected from XBOX Live even though I am still connected.

For the last month or so I have been crashing every 1.5 to 2 hours. Then in the last two weeks it crashes every 5 - 10 minutes.

Message says you have been disconnected from Xbox Live. Check connection etc...

Private game.

Tried on Xbox One S and a Day One edition. One has a external SSD the other a USB 3

Happens on Wired and wireless.

IP is AT&T Gigapower - 1 gb up and 1 gb down.

The other MP games like Battlefield One do not give me a disconnect.

7 Days on my PS4 Pro doesn't crash. Is on same switch which is then going to my Asus RT-AC88U

A couple of times I can't load game completely. Changed a couple of settings and then it launched. No way to tell if coincidence or not.

Tried two different SP maps and neither crashed.

Tried offline mode but the game says I need to be on live.

Hello everyone, so the problem is not fixed yet? It's going to be more than a year now.

I tried again a little while ago after some update.

I can play with my friend for a while then problem.

It starts with the one no longer sees the other and so everything he does is not actually done. Then one can not join each other again.

I try to open a lot of port but it still does not work.

What do you do with a game that no longer works?

:( :( :(

For the last month or so I have been crashing every 1.5 to 2 hours. Then in the last two weeks it crashes every 5 - 10 minutes.

Message says you have been disconnected from Xbox Live. Check connection etc...

Private game.

Tried on Xbox One S and a Day One edition. One has a external SSD the other a USB 3

Happens on Wired and wireless.

IP is AT&T Gigapower - 1 gb up and 1 gb down.

The other MP games like Battlefield One do not give me a disconnect.

7 Days on my PS4 Pro doesn't crash. Is on same switch which is then going to my Asus RT-AC88U

A couple of times I can't load game completely. Changed a couple of settings and then it launched. No way to tell if coincidence or not.

Tried two different SP maps and neither crashed.

Tried offline mode but the game says I need to be on live.

I figured out something by myself. After the last update for the game on Xbox One something changed that gets effected by my Adaptive QOS on my Asus RT-AC88U. I tested different things in my router and turning of QOS where I had Gaming as top priority did the trick. I guess with a 1GB connection I don't need to really worry to much for prioritizing. Now the game is back to playing my Private MP map for around 1.5 hours before the whole game crashes.

Hopefully this little bit of information may help someone else.

Figured I'm add this in here too....

NOTE: THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL POST ONLY!

- IF YOU WISH TO SHARE YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE ERROR YOU EXPERIENCED, PLEASE DO SO BELOW

- IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME, OR WISH TO REPORT A BUG I WILL LIKELY MISS IT AS I DO NOT CHECK THIS THREAD OFTEN OR CHASE THINGS HERE

- IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIRECT RESPONSE OR DIRECT CONTACT, PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE MAIN BUG REPORTS SECTION. ANY DEVELOPMENTS WILL BE UPDATED HERE (MAIN POST) AND IN "NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS"

- - - Updated - - -

I figured out something by myself. After the last update for the game on Xbox One something changed that gets effected by my Adaptive QOS on my Asus RT-AC88U. I tested different things in my router and turning of QOS where I had Gaming as top priority did the trick. I guess with a 1GB connection I don't need to really worry to much for prioritizing. Now the game is back to playing my Private MP map for around 1.5 hours before the whole game crashes.

Hopefully this little bit of information may help someone else.

Adding to main post! Thank you for sharing what has worked for you!

How?!?

It's beyond a joke that these connection issues haven't been fixed after a so many complaints for so long. Game at its core is solid and enjoyable but I purchased it for the multiplayer and need less to say it doesn't exist for a lot of people , uninstalled and wouldn't recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

Probleme connexion multijoueur

Can not play two on xboxone with a livebox4.

Always a person who does not manage to join the party where well the other that arrives to join but that part plant. His map disappears and he must leave the game.

There are ports to open to play better?

Please improve this games! he is too good !

Without all these bugs you would sell much more!

• 2 weeks later...

Multiplayer connection fix

Please note this user is not a member of staff. If players wish to try anything listed below, please be aware you do so at your own risk -Clare

Ok so here is what you need to do step by step if you are on the Xbox One:

1. Set up a Static IP address on your Xbox One console

a. go to network settings

b. Advanced settings

c. Copy the IP address, Subnet mask, and Gateway

d. Select IP address and then manual

e. Change your IP address to create a static IP, example 192.168.0.10 becomes 192.168.0.11, only change the last sequence

f. Enter in everything else the same

2. If you have a computer and it's windows go to https://namebench.en.softonic.com/ and download namebench. This will run and determine what the best possible DNS settings are for your devices and router. If you do not have a computer, access to your router settings, or windows don;t worry I;ll put the info for you as well.

a. go to the link and download, it will ask you to log into facebook to download don't worry it's safe

b. when it's completed downloading, start benchmark and wait for it to finish

c. it will not work properly if there's an IPv6 connection on your modem, so disable this first. Also if you have a VPN or hotspot shield this will need to be disabled while the benchmark is running.

d. When the benchmark is finished it will open a new tap on your internet browser and on the top right it will show you the primary, secondary and tertiary DNS settings that are the absolute best for you. These are specific and cannot be shared.

e. Copy the primary and secondary DNS IP's

f. Plug these into you Xbox's DNS settings in advanced through manual, and also in your routers DNS settings

g. If you had no computer, no windows, or no access to the router login simply input this: Primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4 This is the Google DNS server, one of the most powerful on the planet

3. Set up port forwarding on your router

a. login to the router and locate your port forwarding settings

b. make sure you have your Xbox static IP written down you will need it

c. Set up port forwarding with individual rules for every one of these ports using the protocols I provide, in IP address type the Xbox IP

d. Xbox One:TCP: 80, .

UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500.

TCP/UDP: 53, 3074

e. Port forwarding should be complete after

f. Here is a website to assist with port forwarding and creating a static IP address portforward.com

4. Put your Xbox into a DMZ, so now it's outside of your routers firewall

a. login to the modem

b. locate DMZ most likely in LAN settings or something similar

c. Enable and type in your Xbox's IP address

d. finished

With these 4 steps you have created a static IP address so your Xbox IP will no longer change it will be permanent, that way these settings you set up wont go to waste. You have set up a manual DNS so you recieve faster response times from other servers and hosts. You have set up port forwarding to Xbox Live ports so you recieve an open NAT, it doesn't matter if your NAT says open before it's not truly open until you port forward. NAT directly influences your ability to connect to other servers and hosts. Then you finally set up a DMZ for your Xbox so it no longer passes through your routers firewall.

Literally every person who has an issue on this game has bad settings for their network. PORT FORWARD or give up trying to play player to player games because none of them will work well. If you wish to contact me on the xbox my gamertag is ii art0fwar ii. The issue is with YOUR settings, not the game. Happy networking.

Can anyone confirm that this work's

Please note this user is not a member of staff. If players wish to try anything listed below, please be aware you do so at your own risk -Clare

Ok so here is what you need to do step by step if you are on the Xbox One:

1. Set up a Static IP address on your Xbox One console

a. go to network settings

b. Advanced settings

c. Copy the IP address, Subnet mask, and Gateway

d. Select IP address and then manual

e. Change your IP address to create a static IP, example 192.168.0.10 becomes 192.168.0.11, only change the last sequence

f. Enter in everything else the same

2. If you have a computer and it's windows go to https://namebench.en.softonic.com/ and download namebench. This will run and determine what the best possible DNS settings are for your devices and router. If you do not have a computer, access to your router settings, or windows don;t worry I;ll put the info for you as well.

a. go to the link and download, it will ask you to log into facebook to download don't worry it's safe

b. when it's completed downloading, start benchmark and wait for it to finish

c. it will not work properly if there's an IPv6 connection on your modem, so disable this first. Also if you have a VPN or hotspot shield this will need to be disabled while the benchmark is running.

d. When the benchmark is finished it will open a new tap on your internet browser and on the top right it will show you the primary, secondary and tertiary DNS settings that are the absolute best for you. These are specific and cannot be shared.

e. Copy the primary and secondary DNS IP's

f. Plug these into you Xbox's DNS settings in advanced through manual, and also in your routers DNS settings

g. If you had no computer, no windows, or no access to the router login simply input this: Primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4 This is the Google DNS server, one of the most powerful on the planet

3. Set up port forwarding on your router

a. login to the router and locate your port forwarding settings

b. make sure you have your Xbox static IP written down you will need it

c. Set up port forwarding with individual rules for every one of these ports using the protocols I provide, in IP address type the Xbox IP

d. Xbox One:TCP: 80, .

UDP: 88, 500, 3544, 4500.

TCP/UDP: 53, 3074

e. Port forwarding should be complete after

f. Here is a website to assist with port forwarding and creating a static IP address portforward.com

4. Put your Xbox into a DMZ, so now it's outside of your routers firewall

a. login to the modem

b. locate DMZ most likely in LAN settings or something similar

c. Enable and type in your Xbox's IP address

d. finished

With these 4 steps you have created a static IP address so your Xbox IP will no longer change it will be permanent, that way these settings you set up wont go to waste. You have set up a manual DNS so you recieve faster response times from other servers and hosts. You have set up port forwarding to Xbox Live ports so you recieve an open NAT, it doesn't matter if your NAT says open before it's not truly open until you port forward. NAT directly influences your ability to connect to other servers and hosts. Then you finally set up a DMZ for your Xbox so it no longer passes through your routers firewall.

Literally every person who has an issue on this game has bad settings for their network. PORT FORWARD or give up trying to play player to player games because none of them will work well. If you wish to contact me on the xbox my gamertag is ii art0fwar ii. The issue is with YOUR settings, not the game. Happy networking.

Can anyone confirm that this work's?

Hi!

I'm playing on XB1 with a friend. We both have great connexions and we can play any game together with no problem.

We both have static IP, all NAT open, no issues there.. but it's not working better.

He can't join me, but i can join him for almost few minutes before being booted from the game.

When i get booted, it's imposible to connect to him again unless we both restart our games.

But my friend is also playing with his wife on the same connexion, but with two differents XB1 and two differents XB1 account, and it works very fine for them!

Errore, you have been disconnected

I bought this game yesterday, so happy to play it for the first time but all times i tried to join a multiplayer server it gave me an error "you have been disconnected from the game. try again later". I can't join friends matches neither random. I have an xbox one and a good connection. Iىve tried to post new thread but after 6 hours still nothing and don't know how to contact moderators. Probably i'm gonna ask money back

(hope to have post it in the right section, and eventually sorry for the english).

Archived