[Known Issue] Multiplayer Disconnection

Clare

• 2 weeks later...

Workaround added to the OP

--------------

Workaround posted by breadheadboy. Full forum post is here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69410-Multiplayer-Connection-Issues-Xbox-1

Trimmed down to just the workaround:

Finally my "solution" i currently have the samsung S8+ running andriod 7 which had the mobile hotspot feature, which also allows me to share my current wifi connection. So my solution is to simply connect to my home network through my phone and use that as my router to connect my Xbox. Tracked my data usage on my mobile network and it used zero over a two hour period so I'm confident it was defiantly using my BT internet and not mobile data.

This would lead me to agree with the people saying something on the hub five settings is the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
I have looked at so many post about people who are struggling with multiplayer, and there are more replies telling them there posting in the wrong section than actual answers to there questions 😂 Such a avoided topic lol

Or it could be that the people that frequent that section do so because they know more about it and can't help with the multiplayer issue because they don't personally have an issue with it. Post in the right place if you want help.

- - - Updated - - -

Like posting a bug report in the looking for group section. Accomplished nothing and just clutters that section.

- - - Updated - - -

Much like both of our posts here. More suited to discussion section.

Last week i bought 7dtd for my xboxone and now i have the Game for the xbox and for the ps4. On ps4 can join multiplayer without any problem but imposible for me on xbox. Allways kick out from the server and the message "try later".

Same connection for both systems, 300 down and 300 up, open nat and no issues in other game.

The only difference is the version of the game, 1.15 ps4 and 1.10.15 xbox1. No available update for me so i think is not my connection issue.

I want to play with my friends on xbox but i cant, only possible on ps4 i dont know why.

Please fix it for the xbox users.

Private game failed to connect.

I've have no issues like this ever in the time I've had this game. For the last couple of days it's refusing to let me joint a private game. I can join my own server, but I can't join other people's (friends) servers, They can't join my either. I've never experienced this before. I've restarted my router, reinstalled the game, and even cleared my cache. I've force stopped the game and started it back up, I've unplugged my Xbox and all. I've noticed in a 7 days group I'm in on Facebook, others are also experiencing the same issue. Please help! :(

• 3 weeks later...
I've have no issues like this ever in the time I've had this game. For the last couple of days it's refusing to let me joint a private game. I can join my own server, but I can't join other people's (friends) servers, They can't join my either. I've never experienced this before. I've restarted my router, reinstalled the game, and even cleared my cache. I've force stopped the game and started it back up, I've unplugged my Xbox and all. I've noticed in a 7 days group I'm in on Facebook, others are also experiencing the same issue. Please help! :(

I'm having this exact problem on Xbox One. Private games disconnect me within 5 minutes. Version 1.0.16.1.

Before this latest update we didn't have this problem...

• 3 weeks later...
I also have the same problem, contacted the staff but there isnt any fix at the moment. I provided my info and I do have very good internet with not a single problem with any other video games on XBox one.

Yeah same here. Fine with every other game but 7dtd. Its annoying

I recently persuaded 3 of my friends to buy this game so we could play a world together. We have each tried starting a world with both random gen and Nav but no matter who hosts we cannot play together. Sometimes 1 person can join a world and it last for maybe 10 minutes at most, but then there is a disconnect and sometimes it's impossible to join again. We have tried both MP and private but it makes no difference. I'm getting a lot of stick from my friends now as it turns out they have wasted their money as the single player is ok, but we want to play together, which means we end up playing something else and 7dtd is only played when friends are not online (which is rare)

How soon can we expect a fix for this, as I fear my friends will end up selling the game on to pay for something else if it's not soon :(

• 2 weeks later...

Multiplayer Xbox won't work

Still not working can't join friends game I haven't joined there game since the game came out y friend still play it because were big fans of survival games plz find the bug soon it would be nice if Claire could keep us posted on that, that would be great thanks

Still not working can't join friends game I haven't joined there game since the game came out y friend still play it because were big fans of survival games plz find the bug soon it would be nice if Claire could keep us posted on that, that would be great thanks

I had this problem with a few of my friends until I changed routers. Now I never have a problem. I used to have a five year old router. I think it was a net gear

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took a long break from this game due to disconnects with only one other person playing. I was gone for about 9 or 10 months, came back and joined a private server with 2 other people. Get kicked at least once an hour and it's so frustrating. Such a fun game but without stability to play with at least 3 other people it's pointless for me. My internet is good, I have a fairly new router and my NAT type is always open. I just want things to work :(

Posted this 13 months ago. Still not working. Any update?

works fine for me . maybe you could help give more details as this issues seems to plague only very specific players and under very specific circumstance , and we don't know any of the "Specifics" so that would be on you guys to help shed some light on what else may be causeing the disconnect , cause my freinds have been hosting and joining each others games for months without issues and some of them are trans atlantic connection (USA to Europe)

• 2 weeks later...

Error

Ive just bought the game for XBOX ONE i played single player for a while no problems i try to join my friend i get error you have been disconnected from the game please try again layer and taken back to main menu i try joining random online server get same error i try joining another friend get same error i hist my own they can both join me why is this

Ive just bought the game for XBOX ONE i played single player for a while no problems i try to join my friend i get error you have been disconnected from the game please try again layer and taken back to main menu i try joining random online server get same error i try joining another friend get same error i hist my own they can both join me why is this

it could be your router and internet settings , compare you NAT type to your friends and check your port settings , you gonna want to have an open NAT type to be able to join most any game online

it could be your router and internet settings , compare you NAT type to your friends and check your port settings , you gonna want to have an open NAT type to be able to join most any game online

My NAT is open always has been never had problems online till now play fifa pro clubs with 10 other players plus oppinents play cod online ark online dedicated server never had a problem

• 4 weeks later...

Finaly it works...for me

Cheers Survivors,

first of all, i´m from germany so excuse the english writing.

Like the post say, i now finaly can play the game with friends without issues so far. But from the beginning...

I´ve the Multiplayer issues since i changed my ISP to Vodafone. Vodafone is using IPv4 DS-Lite on the FRitzbox 6490 cable which is causing the problem imo. I´ve many phonecalls the last week with vodafone as i wanted them to disable the DS-Lite option. 1 Week later i´ve a public IPv4 (dont know if it is the right word) without Dual Stack. This means, i can now portforwarding whatever i want. I´ve no problem since the Dual Stack is gone.

I have had also problems with Elite Dangerous to connect to there Servers BUT now, no problems anymore. Hope this will help some people and the Team hunt that stupid Bug or problem or whatever it is down.

Greets

Cheers Survivors,

first of all, i´m from germany so excuse the english writing.

Like the post say, i now finaly can play the game with friends without issues so far. But from the beginning...

I´ve the Multiplayer issues since i changed my ISP to Vodafone. Vodafone is using IPv4 DS-Lite on the FRitzbox 6490 cable which is causing the problem imo. I´ve many phonecalls the last week with vodafone as i wanted them to disable the DS-Lite option. 1 Week later i´ve a public IPv4 (dont know if it is the right word) without Dual Stack. This means, i can now portforwarding whatever i want. I´ve no problem since the Dual Stack is gone.

I have had also problems with Elite Dangerous to connect to there Servers BUT now, no problems anymore. Hope this will help some people and the Team hunt that stupid Bug or problem or whatever it is down.

Greets

There you have it folks! Since this game gobbles up your resources like "FatBas***d" at an All You Can Eat KFC, many of the connection problems are not the fault of the resource hungry game, but of the stingy ISP. Seriously, I love this game but when I hear people complaining about how it runs so poorly compared to say Minecraft, all I can think about is back when I was a teenager and everybody laughed at me for owning a Lincoln Town Car. Gas was outrageous and I got like eight miles to the gallon. They all road around in Toyota's getting like 30 mpg. Sure they didn't stop as often for gas, but hell, I rode in comfort!

Archived