[Known Issue] Multiplayer Disconnection

Clare

Well telltale says if i want a refund I should contact the retailer (Xbox store) for a refund.

Xbox store says If i want a refund I should contact the publisher.

35€ paid for nothing.

Did i ever sayed what a good work u guys are doing?

Known issue, still done nothing about it. The price this game is being sold for I'd expect it to at least work properly, I bought this with the sole intention of playing it with friends yet we can't seem to play in the same session...

Tested the fix/workaround fateddavis suggested, it seemed to make it worse for me as i cant get to building enviroment or starting game now when joining. *This does not mean that doing the mac address workaround cause that, just seemed to*

In regards do zzbulletzz workaround it does not effect me either way for any game and i often try connecting after i turn off my xbox, i do not use the quick start thing cause it needlessly wastes power.

my friends have been able to join me for a week or so, but as i have a low upload speed it is very laggy and kicks them out. i ran a connection test in the xbox settings and ihad very low upload at .53 Mbps which would explain lag and kicking my friends out. my download speed was 2.7 Mbps, i have nexicom DSL 6Mbps package, i am running a netgear model #R7000 wireless router, losing 2% connection having wireless

Just read something clare posted about people being able to connect via mobile hotspot. I just tested this and i was able to do this even though my download spead was 1.1 Mbps and my upload was .11 and dropped to .07, i will test another router if we have an old one kicking around

Are you actually going to fix this?

Are you actually going to fix this? This problem has been around for months and months and nothing has changed. Are you just going to keep saying "we are looking at this" and just wait until people are bored of complaining?

Are you actually going to fix this? This problem has been around for months and months and nothing has changed. Are you just going to keep saying "we are looking at this" and just wait until people are bored of complaining?

OK i understand your impatient , but the reality is in order to "fix" this problem they need to identify what causes it and so far the details supplied to the Dev's on this issues have not been detailed enough to recreate the bug and thus fix it .

Don't you think they would have fixed this months ago if it was so "easy" to do?

The fact remains that a great number of us don't have any issue connecting with players , i play with people from Australia to the Netherlands, Boston to Texas whilst i live in Washington . I have noticed the majority of the people having this issues are on the XB1 (i'm on PS4)and hard ware architecture could be a factor , as well as number of other factors unknown to us and the developers and until more light is shed on the situation it will remain an issue .

I would advise to you to be more proactive and give as much details to the bug reporting process as possible like , what console (console version as well since there are now different builds of the XB1 and Ps4) , modem , router model , port settings , ISP , NAT type, save game file and info of the players your trying to play with , as soon as the devs have enough info to recreate the bug trust me it will be fixed faster than you can figure the square route of 37

Hi All, just an update with my situation.

Previously i was running a netgear d6400, wtih the BT infinity internet provider.

I was getting this issue, not being able to join any games.

I then switched back to my Home Hub 5 which did not solve the problem. Everything was port forwarded, everything else was running smoothly.

Today i received my BT smart hub (Home hub 6) and the problem has been solved. I haven't port forwarded anything yet, and so far i've been able to load into 2 out of 3 games. Previously i never got in any games at all.

I hope you are able to find a more ideal solution to this problem.

Clearing MAC fixed it for me

My friend and I would get disconnected from the servers after being on for about a minute while playing on xbone.

So I followed the OP advice by clearing my MAC address. I did not find it necessary to do any other step. If you missed how to clear your MAC go to network settings, advanced settings, clear MAC address (or something like that) , then restart. My friend did the same and we haven't had a problem.

My friend and I would get disconnected from the servers after being on for about a minute while playing on xbone.

So I followed the OP advice by clearing my MAC address. I did not find it necessary to do any other step. If you missed how to clear your MAC go to network settings, advanced settings, clear MAC address (or something like that) , then restart. My friend did the same and we haven't had a problem.

I retract this statement.

The fix only worked if I played for less than one hour. It also only works twice then I will get kicked within minutes if not instantly. I can't really tell you any technical stuff, but my router says Netgear WP5 on the front.

I retract this statement.

The fix only worked if I played for less than one hour. It also only works twice then I will get kicked within minutes if not instantly. I can't really tell you any technical stuff, but my router says Netgear WP5 on the front.

Update again... Sorry I could not find a edit post button. The clear MAC does not work at all for me anymore. I cannot even connect to a server. I did a port forward on my LAN connection to my Xbox. The problem appears to be that I have a private IP address so my NAT can only be moderate. I would have to pay a monthly premium to my ISP to get a public one. This game is the only game I have a problem with so it is not worth it unfortunately.

My router is a Netgear N2000 by the way. I also tried to by pass my router.

I tried my mobile hotspot with ATT and did not have success.

Same.. i have played the game on the same console just fine at my mums house, which has the exact same internet provider and router, but with slower download and upload speeds, which doesn't make any sense, why would my faster better internet where I am now not be working? Also I've tried to go through wireless and wired here making no difference what so ever.

:numbness:

OK i understand your impatient , but the reality is in order to "fix" this problem they need to identify what causes it and so far the details supplied to the Dev's on this issues have not been detailed enough to recreate the bug and thus fix it .

Don't you think they would have fixed this months ago if it was so "easy" to do?

The fact remains that a great number of us don't have any issue connecting with players , i play with people from Australia to the Netherlands, Boston to Texas whilst i live in Washington . I have noticed the majority of the people having this issues are on the XB1 (i'm on PS4)and hard ware architecture could be a factor , as well as number of other factors unknown to us and the developers and until more light is shed on the situation it will remain an issue .

I would advise to you to be more proactive and give as much details to the bug reporting process as possible like , what console (console version as well since there are now different builds of the XB1 and Ps4) , modem , router model , port settings , ISP , NAT type, save game file and info of the players your trying to play with , as soon as the devs have enough info to recreate the bug trust me it will be fixed faster than you can figure the square route of 37

I had played on the same xbox and same disc for days at my mums house, when i got home and tried to continue playing in my friends online survival game I kept getting the connection error message. The internet providers are the same at both houses, also the eaxct same router (BT Home Hub 5) But at my mums the download and upload speeds are averaging slower than at my house. Here i have around average 15-40mbps download speed - 9mbps upload speed. My mums was slightly less. Due to this I think its safe to rule out it being an Xbox 'architecture' related issue. Although the internet does appear at first to be the problem when first being sent to the disconnection error message, the changing from a worse connection that worked to a better connection that didn't really confuses me.

I did play the game at my home first, which i started in single player and works fine, did try to connect a few times to online games but couldn't connect, at the time i didn't care and thought was just a issue with those initial games, and if i searched more i would get in, but wasnt bothered because i was on single player. Now i've played with a friend I'm very bothered!

NAT Type - Open

Not certain on what peoples connection I am playing with is.

We all know to play as certain characters and stuff even though that seems stupid as well!

game type is online survival

... The internet providers are the same at both houses, also the eaxct same router (BT Home Hub 5) But at my mums the download and upload speeds are averaging slower than at my house. Here i have around average 15-40mbps download speed - 9mbps upload speed. My mums was slightly less. ...

The quality of an internetconnection is not only defineable via up/download speeds, providers or hardware. There are a lot of factors, like the physical interface, protocolls used (within 'the last mile' and from there on), load on the bus (after the last mile) and so on.

In addition the mixture of these factors can cause (or solve, but this is realy rare) new troubles, because of dependencies...

This is why Clare needs such much detailed information and it takes so long to find the issue(s).

The fact that your system did well (at your mums house) is (for me) an indicator, that the internetconnection adds something to the problem.

ie: i assume you moved and ordered Internet for your new home. Your mum had internet for quite a while and an older contract. Your provider configured your connection to his new needs (with fancy new protocolls) while your mum's wasn't reconfigured (and still works with trusty, old, reliable protocolls).

please note: i can't explain that correctly due to language barriers/time, but i hope you get my point and this helps you to realise what problems the developers are fighting...

Hi All, just an update with my situation.

Previously i was running a netgear d6400, wtih the BT infinity internet provider.

I was getting this issue, not being able to join any games.

I then switched back to my Home Hub 5 which did not solve the problem. Everything was port forwarded, everything else was running smoothly.

Today i received my BT smart hub (Home hub 6) and the problem has been solved. I haven't port forwarded anything yet, and so far i've been able to load into 2 out of 3 games. Previously i never got in any games at all.

I hope you are able to find a more ideal solution to this problem.

Hi Hindle,

I was just wondering if you were still able to play ok with your new hub? im thinking i may have to do the exact same

Ive found a solid work around that will work for anyone who is experiencing the problem and has BT as their ISP.

I have connected to the free 'BT wi fi with FON' service, and since haven't had a single issue connecting. There might be similar work arounds for other people experiencing the problem with different ISP's. If you are going to use this method you'll need to consult google on how to get your xbox or device to connect to 'BT wi fi with FON', its very simple will only take 5 minutes.

Archived