Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clare

[Known Issue] Multiplayer Disconnection

After December patch Booted 3-4 times per game (in 6 hrs of real time game play)

Hi guys I really like the game and I am on PS4 Pro on a gig backbone. My ISP has me on a 100 MB Connection. The host has is on a 300 MB connection (also on a PS4 pro). Ever since the last patch it has become very bad. I know PS4 can only host up to 4 people at a time but i have notice if we are all running or doing active things we start to get booted. Other players notice the other toon slowly walking sideways and then Blip your booted. I am starting to wonder if this is a limitation of the PS4 as this is were a dedicated server would come in handy!! It is getting to the point I no longer want to play this game. Another thing that we have started to notice is we cannot open out storage boxes at times (after the last patch) and the host has to shut down the game and restart it we all join and magically we can get back in our loot boxes. Has anyone debugged this game for memory leaks??? I have over 250+ PS4 games and this is the only online multiplayer game I am having trouble with. It sounds like there is a bandwidth/process error on PS4 and or a memory leak going on as it sounds like a new bug could have been introduced in the last patch. Very curious. Thanks.

I just started playing on xbox one. I am having trouble connecting to my friends game, and him with me. My Nat is open. The firewall ports are open. I am on At&t Fiber. When cabled ig get 120mb up and down. on wifi I get 20 mb down, and 13 up. When I connect to my verizon hotspot game connect with out issue. Any help ?? Thanks.

Update

Any updates on what happening to fix this i work all day and sadly don't have time to phone my isp to find out if it is there problem (idiots wouldn't let my wife ask) is it definitely isp problem

I'm with Plusnet I've tested game on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz made no difference

Try that...

Any updates on what happening to fix this i work all day and sadly don't have time to phone my isp to find out if it is there problem (idiots wouldn't let my wife ask) is it definitely isp problem

I'm with Plusnet I've tested game on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz made no difference

For me the problem was solved when i changed from "IPv4 & IPv 6" to only "IPv4". This is what only your provider can do for you with a simple phonecall. I've found out that your friends have to be on IPv4 too so you can play together without problems. Tested for hours with a friend without problems or errors (MD5). If you open your Networksettings and you see "IPv4 & IPv6" then you have to contact youre ISP and ask for a public IPv4 adresse. After that you have to do the portforwarding to get an open NAT again.

Hope this will help. For me it defenetely does.

Cheers,

I had this problem and managed to work out it was because I was one of the unlucky souls with the ISP BT infinity on HH5 router.

That being said a upgrade does sort it and whilst I'm pissy at BT for being the problem they are currently upgrading people to the HH6 for a additional £2 a month which adds up over the contract for less than just buying the smarthub, so I suppose if your the bill payer I'd suggest going that, especially if you were desperate to play it online like I was.

Hello,

My friend and I went through all of the fixes but are still having no luck. I have wireless speed of 10 ms ping, 100 mbps download, and 20 mbps upload speed. My nat settings are open and I have no problems at all playing the game with other friends. The friend I would like to play with has garbage internet but I'm the one hosting the game and he has the can't open items and disconnecting issue. The weirdest part is his girlfriend is using the same wireless connection and she's able to play with me no problem. We've reset our routers, hard reset xbox, changed away from the two characters that people had connection problems, and still no go. I didn't see a fix for this yet, just wondering if there's anything else we can do to play the game together.

Disconnected error

I am trying to join a freinds multiplayer online world is cones up with a a error of disconnection I have looked at all the network settings and everything is fine as I can play multiplayer on other purchased games I have is there anything else I can do to be able to connect to the server when joining worlds thanks you

Is there any hope for online multiplayer?

I have tried all the proposed fixes but cannot get into an online game. I bought 3 copies of this game and we have only ever been able to play on 1 copy in split screen. It doesn't matter who tries to host the game, we always fet the disconnection error. The host will see the message that we are joining then immediately after that the message saying we've left. We all have different connection speeds, all NAT settings are open...blah blah blah. This is the only game we have problems playing online with. Surely if other developers can figure it out, you can too. I've paid hard earned money on this game...3 times!

Having issues with Multiplayer on 7 Days to die on Xbox one

I been getting kicked out of games or my game crashes not to mention frame rate drops and multiplayer connection issues please fix

Multiplayer disconnection

Hello i got this game when it first came out on console was so keen told all my friends to get it so we could play together and of course i'm the only one who can't connect to anyone's game and iv'e been wait for so long for a fix and nothing has been fixed every damn update of the game iv'e tried playing with friends and the only way i can play with them is if they join me and it only lasts for like 10 minutes and then they can't do anything and disconnect and i just wanna know why something like this hasn't been fixed like a lot of people can play multiplayer so how come the rest can't and it can't be the internet connection because every other game is fine like come on this is the 21st century and the next generation of gaming this shouldn't be a problem these days not trying to be rude but this should've been fixed a long time ago.

Hello i got this game when it first came out on console was so keen told all my friends to get it so we could play together and of course i'm the only one who can't connect to anyone's game and iv'e been wait for so long for a fix and nothing has been fixed every damn update of the game iv'e tried playing with friends and the only way i can play with them is if they join me and it only lasts for like 10 minutes and then they can't do anything and disconnect and i just wanna know why something like this hasn't been fixed like a lot of people can play multiplayer so how come the rest can't and it can't be the internet connection because every other game is fine like come on this is the 21st century and the next generation of gaming this shouldn't be a problem these days not trying to be rude but this should've been fixed a long time ago.

Looked up ports to forward for the game on Xbox, if you're on PS4 look up PS4 ports. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?65707-Multiplayer-Connection-Fix-for-Xbox-One

But yes, multiplayer connections are per players, there are no "official" servers. You're connecting to another player -- opening these ports on BOTH ends is a must to fix the issue, keep in mind. IF its unblocked on your end but not the host's, or vice versa, it's not going to solve much.