True Survival

Spider

Spider,

quest bug.

1. the reinforced concrete (concrete mix) quest, after i complete the 1st task (gather 1k concrete mix), i got a null reference error and i think that NRE made the 2nd task (create 100 rebar frame) didn't appear in the quest list.

2. not sure if you noticed my previous report about the last farming quest, i tested in SP, when we craft more than 250 fertilizer, it reset back to 0 again, thus making it unable to progress or complete the quest.

just a thought,

regarding point no. 2, i think perhaps, it's related / unexpectedly tied up with the 'became a killer' quest chain in which we need to kill 250 zombies. since after we kill 250 z, the count also reset back to 0 again.

20 Profession Pages = 1 Profession Kit

20 Skill Papers = 1 Profession Page

So that's 400 pages per profession...

That doesn't seem unbalanced to you?

Even at a rate of collecting 5 pages per day (that's a pretty good rate) that's 80 in-game days before you can craft a second profession... That's frankly ridiculous.

Especially for solo play.

So that's 400 pages per profession...

That doesn't seem unbalanced to you?

Even at a rate of collecting 5 pages per day (that's a pretty good rate) that's 80 in-game days before you can craft a second profession... That's frankly ridiculous.

Especially for solo play.

yea, it's already in the count of days hundred or something in the official server when one manage to get their 2nd profession hahah. it's emphasize more in team-play i guess, we have a 4 team players and each one hold different profession, we can progress pretty much faster that way by each contributing with their own specialities to the group. btw, 2nd profession is not really a necessity tho, since i think you can practically learn all the skills with time, (cooking a lot, will unlock new food recipes, etc). the profession thing just gave some specific boost during our early starting days.

but anyway, you won't reach end game / became a superman which can mow down horde night easily and build gigantic fancy looking base within a few 2-3 weeks in-game in this mod. (sarcasm to vanilla xP)

expect the day count to reach hundreds just to reach mid-game. if you're solo playing, expect much longer i guess xD

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

@The13thRonin-

May bad its -

20 Profession Pages = 1 Profession Kit

10 Skill Papers = 1 Profession Page

The Dummies books are everywhere. I have looted 5 in one loot container before. If your only collecting 5 per day that means you are a pretty lazy survivor. If your looking for an easy relaxing Mod you have stumbled into the wrong thread. This mod is made to be challenging. So if it was easy to get other professions then I would have failed at my Job. And of course Faterer123 is right working in a team is easier. I find it too easy playing with a team and prefer to play solo even on MP servers. He is also right that if you are expecting to progress through the game like vanilla then you have failed to read and understand the purpose of this mod. Depending on how much you play, the design goal is about a month to get to end game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news the Follower patch is still coming out soon*. It took me way longer than anticipated to get the ranged Followers AI to be acceptable. But all is working now. I still need to do a bug fix pass on all the reported bugs and sort out NPC loot then I'll release it.

Is there a way to play True Survival but with flatter terrain? It seems hard to find a flat-ish area to build. I always end up building next to a city.

Do you guys have a Discord where you chat and new players can ask quick questions?

No, not unless you know how to change the xmls or add parts of one mod to another or to vanilla.

No server discord atm, only private one.

- - - Updated - - -

Sneak peak of national guard unit that will be joining the server(recruitable as followers of course):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136437374

Thats MajorPayne, TheEnd and Deathskwad with SargentSlaughter and ColonelKurtz in the background lol. Theres also Rambo, Medic, Bittercup, Arnold and PrivateChang. For you WW2 lovers, theres also SargentRock, complete with cigar. Oh, and watch out for those supermutants lol.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

No, not unless you know how to change the xmls or add parts of one mod to another or to vanilla.

No server discord atm, only private one.

- - - Updated - - -

Sneak peak of national guard unit that will be joining the server(recruitable as followers of course):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136437374

Thats MajorPayne, TheEnd and Deathskwad with SargentSlaughter and ColonelKurtz in the background lol. Theres also Rambo, Medic, Bittercup, Arnold and PrivateChang. For you WW2 lovers, theres also SargentRock, complete with cigar. Oh, and watch out for those supermutants lol.

There should be a general Discord for the modpack, it'd be good to have a place to swap tips.

Anyone got any recommendations for when you get stuck on 'starting game'.

I haven't played on the server in just over a week. Now it gets stuck.

I've tried reinstalling 7 days, deleting and reinstalling the mod and i followed the instructions to start a single player game before joining the server but still keep getting stuck.

Single player worked fine.

Confirmed, I went through floor as well and can't rejoin. AKA Lopezien

I think spiders gonna update tonight so stay tuned, as the servers gonna get a restart at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking of starting my own server. To gain some kind of admin control.

Well that sounds like an excellent idea:smile-new:

Update:

*Should be save game safe*

-Fixed all metal store shelves to disassemble with a Screwdriver

-Changed all hand held tools/weapons that were made of “steel” to not scrap but instead you can craft scrapSteel out of them. This fixes the problem with steel not making a sound when hitting something.

-Changed the flat laying mattress and the bent mattress to be able to be picked up and used as a sleeping Bed for spawn point and stopping zombie spawn.

-Added Razor Wire recipe

-Added the UMA Texture File to the download. There is nothing modded in it. It is for the players having problems not having that file when they revert to 16.2 from 16.3. This should stop that problem.

-Added more descriptions

-Fixed coal materials smelting in the Blast Furness

-Changed the Boar to be aggressive and increased health slightly. They will attack on sight.

Introducing Followers, Bandits & Traveling Traders

-Added over 30 new NPC’s Bandits created by Stompy and Followers created by Drkstardragon.

-New Followers come in 2 types.

-Melee Follower- Will wander around and fend for themselves. You can recruit them by hitting them and they will follow you for a short time.

-Ranged Followers- Will follow any non-enemy target. You can still make them notice you by hitting them and they will follow until something else catches their eye

-Bandits also come in 2 types Melee and Ranged Bandits. They will kill anything that is not a bandit.

-Bandits and Followers each have entity specific loot tables so killing a Bandit might just get you a part of their weapon or gear.

-Each of the 4 wasteland biomes will have a specific Traveling Trader that sales unique stuff not available at other traders. (The traders are in but I still have to sort their stock for selling. Open to suggestions)

-Also fixed some other things that I forgot to make notes of.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Update:

*Should be save game safe*

-Fixed all metal store shelves to disassemble with a Screwdriver

-Changed all hand held tools/weapons that were made of “steel” to not scrap but instead you can craft scrapSteel out of them. This fixes the problem with steel not making a sound when hitting something.

-Changed the flat laying mattress and the bent mattress to be able to be picked up and used as a sleeping Bed for spawn point and stopping zombie spawn.

-Added Razor Wire recipe

-Added the UMA Texture File to the download. There is nothing modded in it. It is for the players having problems not having that file when they revert to 16.2 from 16.3. This should stop that problem.

-Added more descriptions

-Fixed coal materials smelting in the Blast Furness

-Changed the Boar to be aggressive and increased health slightly. They will attack on sight.

Introducing Followers, Bandits & Traveling Traders

-Added over 30 new NPC’s Bandits created by Stompy and Followers created by Drkstardragon.

-New Followers come in 2 types.

-Melee Follower- Will wander around and fend for themselves. You can recruit them by hitting them and they will follow you for a short time.

-Ranged Followers- Will follow any non-enemy target. You can still make them notice you by hitting them and they will follow until something else catches their eye

-Bandits also come in 2 types Melee and Ranged Bandits. They will kill anything that is not a bandit.

-Bandits and Followers each have entity specific loot tables so killing a Bandit might just get you a part of their weapon or gear.

-Each of the 4 wasteland biomes will have a specific Traveling Trader that sales unique stuff not available at other traders. (The traders are in but I still have to sort their stock for selling. Open to suggestions)

-Also fixed some other things that I forgot to make notes of.

Sick!!! We are live, starting over with new update! Thanks Spidaaa !

here

Hello,

Just reporting that, like others may have experienced, there is a bug with some containers were, after opening them, you get hurt (or affected by "drowning" in my case). I haven't found out how to reproduce this exactly but all that I can say is that the problem is there.

Last time it happened to me, I was looting a building kitchen and all of a sudden, weird sound like my guts are hurting and then I start drowning. HP dropped quickly to < 35 before I quickly closed the game...

Update: Ok, So I am stuck in a "drowning" state... When I log back in the game, there is a countdown showing "Can't Breathe" then I start suffocating. I am not in water. I am in a building. This should definitively not be happening... The mod is hard enough without having to deal with game breaking issues like that. Could this be a vanilla problem? Anyone heard or was affected by this before?

Edited by Galenmacil (see edit history)