True Survival

Spider

*IDEA*

What do you think about dropping Tool Crafting and making separate skills for Stone crafting, Iron Crafting and Steel Crafting. Then I could make it so you could not get XP from mass producing stone axes at level 50. Also could do the Same for Weapon Crafting separating Ammo Crafting, Fetching and Explosives.What you think?

I like this idea, its along the lines of what I had planned for my own mod.

Just gotta make sure theres a reasonable way to level skills that are required to unlock other skills.

I'm finding gun smithing particularly difficult to level, even getting to 10 for repairs took a long time compared to everything else :)

Really loving the spear though.

Also I'm not sure if it was intended but with the left and right mouse actions on tools, you can activate both at the same time (hold down both buttons) to get double attack speed. It drains your stamina fast and actually feels kinda cool.

Edit: The helms are a bit odd. Some cause you head to disappear entirely (steel helm), others dont show a graphic (scrap iron + light, footballer + light etc)

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

Yes most Tools and Melee weapons have a Power Swing with RMB that uses more stamina, has a longer cool down and does more head damage. Because of the different cool downs on the LMB and RMB you can kinda get combos going but at the cost of stamina

Yes most Tools and Melee weapons have a Power Swing with RMB that uses more stamina, has a longer cool down and does more head damage. Because of the different cool downs on the LMB and RMB you can kinda get combos going but at the cost of stamina

cool ;)

It's probably why I like the spear so much, can shoot stuff then when it gets close give it a jab in the face :)

Ok I'll add it to the list.

I was asked to make a more detailed tutorial quest to help teach new players how to play. I would like suggestions on the things that took you awhile to learn or things you didn't figure out until someone told you. More or less, what as a new player do you think you need to know to survive the True Survival Mod?

Hmm, it has been a long time since we started, I'll try to remember what those first stumbling blocks were. Off the top of my head, people probably had the toughest time navigating the perks system and trying to keep all the details straight of what gated what and how to level it. Outside of TFPs restructuring that UI element I'm not sure of a solution.

One minor complaint I heard was that the perk descriptions didn't specify what was granted at each individual perk tier. There were some issues figuring out what was crafted where, I was going to drop some hints in the descriptions for my server, but I decided against it because I like self-discovery. I was crafting gun powder via character crafting for the longest time. When I finally saw the recipe in the campfire I laughed at myself quite heartily.

I added your old campfire and forge plant code to all the workstations so the little bastards can't hide underground as easily. The best info for new players is just letting them know to aim for the head and that they must abandon most of the cheesy things they do in vanilla.

Ya I have it on the list to make the description window for Perks bigger so that will take care of the not seeing other recipes on the Perk/Skill Screen. A quest teaching how to better kill zombies is a good one. Something explaining that limb and body shots wont do it only head shots.

How is the no workstations under ground thing working out on your sever? Are people liking it? I did really like it just didn't like that there was a way around it. Maybe I will bring something like that back or maybe if I do the only Steel and Explosives can mine Stone under ground that would have the same effect. I will figure a way to stop players from cheesing the game and living in holes I swear it!

Added this to the list. Ill add to it if we think of more

-Tutorial Quest -How to kill zombies/How to Dry Leather/How to gather Scrap from world Blocks/

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

- - - *Re posted for easier viewing*- - -

***Planed for A15***

-Nuts and Bolts from Scrap/Steel Blocks

-More survival uses for animal harvested items ex:Bones/Antlers for fertilizer, arrow heads, Soup, fish hooks. Hooves for glue. Tendons for high strength cords and Suture thread. Bladders for canteens. You wouldn’t get everything every time sometimes things are damaged when killing the animal.

-stitches- a bleeding wound that would require stitches and rest

-Zombies run inside? not sure if i can do this

-Nutrition System - maybe 3 needed Vitamins that would encourage a more diverse diet. It would be more a long-term buff like the Hygiene system but even longer. So if you get to day 100 and all you have eaten is Baked Potato’s the whole time your health might not be in the best shape.

-Over Eating Buff -would only punish you if you gorged yourself on a lot of wellness food in a short time.

-Refillable Animal Bladder Canteen - would hold more water than a stack of water jars and could be refilled. As you drink from it it would get less and less water until you had an Empty Skin. It would only hold water and would save space in you inventory because it does not use Jars.

-Adjust Prefab spawning from Combo Pack to improve FPS

-Set XP for Workstations

-Lower Taza drop rate

-Lower Ammo drop rate

-New Pistol upgrade Automatic Pistol / only normal bullets would go in it?

-New lootable Sport Level Crossbow?

-Katana/Sword?(use machete mesh but improved range and stats, better dismemberment. condition goes down a little quicker. they won’t break but just get dull and not cut. Then you will have to sharpen them.)

-Adjust wood gathered from trees

-More Quest(suggestions?)

-Cannibalism Buff and Items?(https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38599-Cannibalism&highlight=Cannibalism)

-Rain Barrel / lower finding water in loot

-Increase Skill Info window size

-Add easy fishing pole

-Change learning Professions from Books to Skill Points

-Change Seed Nurserys Turd to fertilizer and make a few different ways to make it.

-Add Tools to player backpack

-Add Venom Poison to tools *done*

-modular Armor (change out parts for different effects)

-Removing bullets from yourself

-A Doctor Shot that instant kills zombies

-Remove electric hum sounds from all blocks

-New UI - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42922-SMX-By-Sirillion

-New Cooking System (idea taken from Project Zomboid) Nearly all foods will be able to be combined with all other foods up to a combination of 4 items. Different combinations depending on the cooking utensil used. A bonus of +1 stat will be given for each combination. ie: 2 items get +1 for each/ 3 items get +2 for each/ 4 items get +3 for each. Some of the new food dishes will be - Fruit Salads(player crafted), Sandwiches(player crafted), Kabobs(stick),Stir-fry(pan) and Glazed Meats(pan). This will make having more variety in what you cook give you a bonus.

-Check Blunderbuss ammo Scrap

-Check Steel Tools Scrap

-Add new Item "Scrap Steel". Make all Steel items scrap to it.

-Stone Drill for mining

- Add nails to tools*done*

-Tutorial Quest -How to kill zombies/How to Dry Leather/How to gather Scrap from world Blocks/*done*

-New Z Virus - Remove all Z Virus cures from loot. No cures until after you have finished your story line quest (very long) the only way to get the Z Virus is to be bitten and not care for it properly. New rare pill in loot that pushes the Z Virus back one stage but does not cure it. Slight nerf to Z Virus debuff. Death on day 7 on infection. Properly care for a Bite Wound-Use bandage to stop bleeding immediately. Heat Pipe in fire to cauterize wound. Use a Sanitizing Bandage on the wound. Bandage must be changed every 24 hours for 7 days. To change a bandage you must use a Sanitizing Bandage on the wound. If the bandages are not changed every 24 hours you will get the Z Virus stage 1.If you are bitten while already caring for a bit wound you will be instantly infected with the Z Virus

- All "Stone" under ground will be harder and the Steel Pick Axe, Stone Drill or Explosive will more easily break it. Above ground Boulders and Rock out growths hardness will not change and will still be easily mined with iron tools.

*This is my list of things to do for the mod for A15. Feel free to give your opinion on any of it. Where you see the "?" I am asking for your thoughts on it. Please let me know If you like the idea or not.

How is the no workstations under ground thing working out on your sever? Are people liking it? I did really like it just didn't like that there was a way around it. Maybe I will bring something like that back or maybe if I do the only Steel and Explosives can mine Stone under ground that would have the same effect. I will figure a way to stop players from cheesing the game and living in holes I swear it!

I have a small whitelisted server so everyone that plays on it is pretty like-minded. Players can still technically have their workstations underground if they take the time to dig a vent to the surface, but I've made the world placed stone a lot more durable so it is very time consuming.

I like players having to plan out or restructure their bases with vents or windows to get the appropriate workstations up. I know players can cheese it and build their roof after having placed the workstations or seal up holes afterwards, but mockery is good at avoiding that on a small server. It isn't a perfect solution and I hope TFPs implement some proper exhaust/asphyxiation mechanic to take its place, but for now it is the best solution I've seen.

Z Virus idea. Remove all Z Virus cures from loot. No cures until after you have finished your story line quest (very long) the only way to get the Z Virus is to be bitten and not care for it properly. New rare pill in loot that pushes the Z Virus back one stage but does not cure it. Slight nerf to Z Virus debuff. Death on day 7 on infection.

Properly care for a Bite Wound-

Use bandage to stop bleeding immediately. Heat Pipe in fire to cauterize wound. Use a Sanitizing Bandage on the wound. Bandage must be changed every 24 hours for 7 days. To change a bandage you must use a Sanitizing Bandage on the wound. If the bandages are not changed every 24 hours you will get the Z Virus stage 1.

If you are bitten while already caring for a bit wound you will be instantly infected with the Z Virus

What you think?

One issue i've had with the kill 1000 zombies quest is the counter keeps reseting every now and then... the highest I got it to was about 300.

Is this something other people are having trouble with?

singleplayer game with default settings

One issue i've had with the kill 1000 zombies quest is the counter keeps reseting every now and then... the highest I got it to was about 300.

Is this something other people are having trouble with?

singleplayer game with default settings

Yes its my understanding that that is a bug in the code and all quest with kill counts above 250 i think dont work. I will check and see if its fixed in A15 and if not just remove the quest.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Starting to brain storm and flesh out all the ideas for the A15 True Survival Mod. There is a locked section in our Steam Group Forum named “Secret A15 Project *Do Not Enter*” where the group effort to create new and exciting quest lines has begun. If you would like access please post or message me.

SPOLIER ALERT – If you enter the “Secret A15 Project *Do Not Enter*” Forum you will see the new Quest and Story Lines and all the plot twist.

No coding or work necessary at this time only forum posting while we lay out the plans for A15

Link to Locked “Secret A15 Project *Do Not Enter*” in the Sub Forum List to the right

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions

I have only played about 1/2 a day so far but haven't really seen much differences from vanilla. There was no profession choice on my toolbar so I wonder if the mod loaded properly. I did get the greeting for survival mod at start and no vanilla quest to make a stone axe but nothing much after that.

It was a clean 7DtD 14.6 install with your mod 44 installed on top as per your instructions. Playing single person. Do I need to install some additional server files for single person?

I have only played about 1/2 a day so far but haven't really seen much differences from vanilla. There was no profession choice on my toolbar so I wonder if the mod loaded properly. I did get the greeting for survival mod at start and no vanilla quest to make a stone axe but nothing much after that.

It was a clean 7DtD 14.6 install with your mod 44 installed on top as per your instructions. Playing single person. Do I need to install some additional server files for single person?

For Sp game you need the full mod not just the client pack. If you didn't get a greeting or a Profession item then its not installed properly

I don't think I ever really felt the need to use beer, redbull, coffee, jalapenos or stimulants for their stamina buffs. Might want to consider tweaking either the cost of some tool actions or the interplay of all the different stamina regen and stamina degradation perks and skills as you level.

Once you've leveled a bit, you can use the fire and pickaxes all day without stamina issues. At later stages even if you are using the regular and power swings in combo stamina isn't an issue.

Hi

I got the leather working skill but nowhere does it say where to build the drying rack? was it only the 4 files i was supposed to put in the config i didnt see enything else for prefab

Sounds like you are installing the Client pack. You need the full mod to run a server or play sp

Full Mod DL - https://envul.com/true-survivaljzmod-94-7-days-to-die-mod/