Bag drop mod

Deccypher

I Just need to ADD these codes to the proper XML files? not drag n drop overwrite?

HI,

for blocks and loot yes just add tot he end of your current xml ( if you use other mods check for ID conflicts )

for entity classes you can drop the attacked file and rename it to .xl instead of .txt.

if your using other mods that effect entityclasses

on zombie1 and zombie04

find

<property name="LootListOnDeath" value="15" />

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="GoreBlock1Prefab"/>

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="0"/>

replace with OR delete

<!-- <property name="LootListOnDeath" value="15" /> DISABLED FOR BAG DROP MOD -->

<!-- <property name="CorpseBlock" value="GoreBlock1Prefab"/> DISABLED FOR BAG DROP MOD -->

<!-- <property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="0"/> DISABLED FOR BAG DROP MOD -->

then on each of the zombies on the atachment you will see the lootlist is commented out either delete it or comment it out on yours

find

<property name="LootListOnDeath" value="38" />

replace with (or delete)

<!-- <property name="LootListOnDeath" value="38" /> DISABLED FOR BAG DROP MOD -->

then edit all

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="0"/>

to this

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/>

then a bit of back and forth with the entityclasses.txt to see which corpse block is needed to give the right loot bag

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="zBag05"/>

this is why i just attached the replacment file quite alot to do, if you havent modded the files so far id suggest just dropping in the attached file on the OP :)

I may not understand the question. The placealtblockvalue essentially means when that block is placed it will randomly place as one of the blocks you listed in the placealtblockvalue code. I'm not sure this works on downgrade blocks. It works for normal blocks you place though. I've been using it in my medieval building to make cobblestone blocks randomly place as one of their "stages" to keep the buildings from looking too uniform.

What I meant was which one of these would be correct?

<entity_class name="zombieJoe" extends="zombie01">

<property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombieStandardJoeRagdoll" />

<property name="AvatarController" value="AvatarZombie01Controller" />

<property name="ModelType" value="Standard" />

<property name="WalkType" value="5" />

<property name="ExperienceGain" value="100"/>

<property name="PhysicsBody" value="zombieStandard" />

<property name="RootMotion" value="true" />

<property name="HasDeathAnim" value="true" />

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="zombieJoecorpse"/>

<property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" value="LootBlock1,LootBlock1,LootBlock1,LootBlock1 ,LootBlock2" />

</entity_class>

or,

<entity_class name="zombieJoe" extends="zombie01">

<property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombieStandardJoeRagdoll" />

<property name="WalkType" value="5" />

<property name="PhysicsBody" value="zombieStandard" />

<property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" value="LootBlock1,LootBlock1,LootBlock1,LootBlock1 ,LootBlock2" />

</entity_class>

neither alt block is inblocks.xml, so you would always call the zombieJoecorpse from entity classes then in the zombieJoecorpse block you woudl give it alt blocks, to preserve the loot list its best to make new blocks for the alt liek below

blocks.xml

<block id="1584" name="zombieJoecorpse">

<property name="Class" value="Loot" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/corpse_loot02" param1="main_mesh" />

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />

<property name="LootList" value="69" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

<property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" value="zombieJoecorpse2,zombieJoecorpse3,zombieJoecorpse4,zombieJoecorpse5"/>

<property name="Group" value="Decor/Miscellaneous" />

</block>

<block id="1588" name="zombieJoecorpse2">

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/corpse_loot01" param1="main_mesh" />

</block>

<block id="1589" name="zombieJoecorpse3">

<property name="Material" value="cloth" />

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/sportsBag01" param1="main_mesh" />

</block>

<block id="1590" name="zombieJoecorpse4">

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/sports_bag02" param1="main_mesh" />

</block>

<block id="1591" name="zombieJoecorpse5">

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/purse01" param1="main_mesh" />

</block>

Another question. Can I make it so that the loot container turns into a different block after it is looted? JZMOD made it so that zombie corpses that decay eventually turn into bones that remain on the ground, and I'd like to keep that mechanic while also adding this one.

havent looked at his mod so not sure if its an item thats dropped or a custom block bone thats harvestable, have a look at his entirt classes and see what he does with his goreblock then add that as a fall propety of the loot containers

<drop event="Fall" name="<his function>" count="1" prob="1"/>

i would imagin its a femur floating liek you dropped it??

which would be this

<block id="1584" name="zombieJoecorpse">

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/corpse_loot02" param1="main_mesh" />

<drop event="Fall" name="femur" count="1" prob="1"/>

<property name="PlaceAltBlockValue" value="zombieJoecorpse2,zombieJoecorpse3,zombieJoe corpse4,zombieJoecorpse5"/>

</block>

Blocks (These are the ones you made, plus the gore blocks that were in the blocks.xml already)

http://pastebin.com/5MDRT45b

Entityclasses (This is a mix of JZMOD, and yours, plus I'm trying to get the "bags" to drop as gore blocks... the ones that look like decayed zombies, not the gore blocks)

http://pastebin.com/nW0SfFKD

Currently, my problem is that the zombies are disappearing after 5 seconds per your suggestion earlier, though something I'm doing is making it so that no loot container is dropping. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, so if you or anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

The major change that I made was changing the model to this <property name="Model" value="Entities/Gore/gore_block1_Prefab" />. It was working with the corpseloot02 or whatever, so I'm pretty sure it has to do with this change but I'm not sure how to make it work properly.

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/>

<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/corpse_loot01" param1="main_mesh"/>

full body rooftop /cave corpse

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/>

<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>

<property name="Model" value="LootContainers/corpse_loot02" param1="main_mesh"/>

half body rooftop/cave corpse

whats probbly happening is your tryign to paste Entities/Gore/gore_block1_Prefab which needs the shape ModelEntity to use, not Ext3dmodel

then also add in

<drop event="Fall" name="GoreBlock1BonesPrefab" count="1" prob="1"/>

to drop the bone prefab after looting

• 1 month later...
if you use it then you wont get he new gore blocks, im making another one (madeit untested) will be testing it saturday morning and then ill post update

Your a lifesaver man. I fell in love with this mod the second i tried it. It really is very handy. Any way to have it turn into a gore block AFTER you loot the bag so you still have to contend with the blocks?

Your a lifesaver man. I fell in love with this mod the second i tried it. It really is very handy. Any way to have it turn into a gore block AFTER you loot the bag so you still have to contend with the blocks?

yeh me to. Wonder if you can direct it to the part where it is the dead body. Then have it progress thru the stages as per a normal dead body or zombie body where you kill a z then harvest it then harvest again to get rid of it. Really love the new system of z disposal.

Just to be clear on installation - I copied in the txt from blocks.xml and loot.xml but I replace the entire entityclasses.xml file (and rename it)?

I'm not using any other mods.

Yes rename this mods entityclass from entityclass.txt to entityclass.xml it will then ask you to overwrite you say yes. (Always make a back up of the file your replacing or changing)

Thanks all - after the kill animation the body disappears but there is no drop - chest, bag, body, corpse or anything. The Z just disappears and takes my loot with it. I've killed a nurse and the stompy zombie and they're not dropping anything. Followed instructions - no other mods. Please help. Cheers. :)

Edit: For example, this is the nurses entry in entityclasses.xml

<entity_class name="zombieNurse" extends="zombie01">

<property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombieStandardNurseRagdoll" />

<!-- <property name="LootListOnDeath" value="21" /> DISABLED FOR BAG DROP MOD -->

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemaleroam" />

<property name="SoundAlert" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalealert" />

<property name="SoundAttack" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemaleattack" />

<property name="SoundHurt" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalepain" />

<property name="SoundDeath" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemaledeath" />

<property name="SoundSense" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalesense" />

<property name="WalkType" value="7" />

<property name="HandItem" value="handZombie" />

<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="true" />

<property name="PhysicsBody" value="zombieStandardFemale" />

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="zombieNursecorpse"/>

</entity_class>

Does that look right? What else could be wrong? Thx.

Edit: so there is a conflict in block ID's. The first block ID in this mod is 1564. In my stock vanilla blocks.xml, I have a 1564 and its for treePlantedWinterPine1m. *confused*

Edit: so I renumbered the blocks from 1964 onwards to avoid conflicts. Makes no difference. :( I think I've run out of "edits" for one post. :witless:

thats how im doing it still got to test it out tho

basically on death lootable container using one of the new corps then destroy on loot with the bones drop, i wish i could make the loot container be gone after x seconds but it causes a null ref. one this im also adding is making the loot container corpse climable so during horde they can be used by the zombies as gore blocks :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is awesome! May I add this to LathMod?

Yes but wait till saturday ill be posting updated version

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all - after the kill animation the body disappears but there is no drop - chest, bag, body, corpse or anything. The Z just disappears and takes my loot with it. I've killed a nurse and the stompy zombie and they're not dropping anything. Followed instructions - no other mods. Please help. Cheers. :)

Edit: For example, this is the nurses entry in entityclasses.xml

<entity_class name="zombieNurse" extends="zombie01">

<property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombieStandardNurseRagdoll" />

<!-- <property name="LootListOnDeath" value="21" /> DISABLED FOR BAG DROP MOD -->

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemaleroam" />

<property name="SoundAlert" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalealert" />

<property name="SoundAttack" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemaleattack" />

<property name="SoundHurt" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalepain" />

<property name="SoundDeath" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemaledeath" />

<property name="SoundSense" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Female/zombiefemalesense" />

<property name="WalkType" value="7" />

<property name="HandItem" value="handZombie" />

<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="true" />

<property name="PhysicsBody" value="zombieStandardFemale" />

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="zombieNursecorpse"/>

</entity_class>

Does that look right? What else could be wrong? Thx.

Edit: so there is a conflict in block ID's. The first block ID in this mod is 1564. In my stock vanilla blocks.xml, I have a 1564 and its for treePlantedWinterPine1m. *confused*

Edit: so I renumbered the blocks from 1964 onwards to avoid conflicts. Makes no difference. :( I think I've run out of "edits" for one post. :witless:

that bit looks right but theres probbly a problem with the loot container blcok in blocks.xml if its not spawning a lootbox.

Thanks for that - but can you guess why your block ID's are conflicting with my vanilla block ID's and why no one else seems to have noticed/cared? I'll wait for the next update since it is only days away. Thanks. :)

becauseit was made for A13 in A14 all the blocks got reorginised and re numberd and this mod still has the old ones currently :)

also with my new version there alot less editing to do only 6 blocks added to blocks.xml and 2 files edited. itching to test it out i may test it tonight instead of tommorrow, and get it out there :)

Archived