A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

ah-awesome! :) yeah-i concluded that must've been what you intended. it took me about three days of primarily running-lol! So i've been playing with it a while-mostly intent on figuring out the crafting progression but now am about to head out looting. So if i'm understanding you correctly-the thing that now causes a lot of incoming is the gore blocks correct? Not sound or light? How long does the heat from the goreblocks remain? If you are sure to break them down as you're clearing out a POI will that prevent the POI being flooded? i got into another bad screamer situation last night where they just kept coming and i didn't have time to destroy the gore blocks so (i'm assuming because of that?) it became fatal fast.

oh-and also-if they die on defenses around your base do you need to be sure to go out and clear them away immediately to prevent a flood?

ah-awesome! :) yeah-i concluded that must've been what you intended. it took me about three days of primarily running-lol! So i've been playing with it a while-mostly intent on figuring out the crafting progression but now am about to head out looting. So if i'm understanding you correctly-the thing that now causes a lot of incoming is the gore blocks correct? Not sound or light? How long does the heat from the goreblocks remain? If you are sure to break them down as you're clearing out a POI will that prevent the POI being flooded? i got into another bad screamer situation last night where they just kept coming and i didn't have time to destroy the gore blocks so (i'm assuming because of that?) it became fatal fast.

oh-and also-if they die on defenses around your base do you need to be sure to go out and clear them away immediately to prevent a flood?

Yes the gore block are the culprit, I toned them down a lot but I might need to tone them down some more its hard to test cause it takes so much time. Ill knock it down again trying to find the right balance is going to be tricky not going to lie.

The way it works is every minute the heatmap ticks up by the gore blocks specified amount once heatmap reaches 100 a screamer is spawned and heatmap is supposed to be reset, I am thinking that heatmap is either not being reset or is hitting cap in multiple joining chunks cause heatmap is confined to a 16 by 16 area. So potentially you could get up to 4 screamers spawn at once if gore blocks are on the corner of 4 joining chunks but thats rare situation.

This will take some time to get balanced just right so bear with me on that one hopefully my next change will be the sweet spot.

oh no worries at all. I understand needing to find the right setting and that takes actually playing to see how it plays out. i imagine it's hard to do both. Since this is experimental build i'm not taking my games that seriously so am fine with testing stuff out and dying horribly-haha

i'm really enjoying the mod so far and the increased complexity. i was at a loss how to survive at night without being able to craft frames to get up on top of something and was a little panicky since i didn't have a bedroll but i actually sort of enjoyed the suspense-lol! i never did figure out how to survive since they can now dig and ended up dying to a flock of ruthless vultures i couldn't outrun in the dark. Go figure :) anyways-overall-i'm really enjoying the added depth and really appreciate the time and work you're putting into it

oh no worries at all. I understand needing to find the right setting and that takes actually playing to see how it plays out. i imagine it's hard to do both. Since this is experimental build i'm not taking my games that seriously so am fine with testing stuff out and dying horribly-haha

i'm really enjoying the mod so far and the increased complexity. i was at a loss how to survive at night without being able to craft frames to get up on top of something and was a little panicky since i didn't have a bedroll but i actually sort of enjoyed the suspense-lol! i never did figure out how to survive since they can now dig and ended up dying to a flock of ruthless vultures i couldn't outrun in the dark. Go figure :) anyways-overall-i'm really enjoying the added depth and really appreciate the time and work you're putting into it

Awesome great to hear, I will be doing a play through test once I get the quests added, I need to make sure the quests are 100% before releasing them because any changes I make to them requires a new world unfortunately. I will be taking my time on them but will try get them out asap. You can still find bedrolls in loot and at campsite POIs, im undecided on weather or not I change them to used bedrolls that dont provide a spawn point. But then I need to get my fatigue system in so that they still provide a use by resting on them.

Tested this today. I just get flooded with items and zombies. From minute 1 onwards I get flooded with even all kinds of zombies. Soldiers, Bikers, normal ones, fatties, jumper, screamer. everything. and i seem to not be able to clear them.

Tested this today. I just get flooded with items and zombies. From minute 1 onwards I get flooded with even all kinds of zombies. Soldiers, Bikers, normal ones, fatties, jumper, screamer. everything. and i seem to not be able to clear them.

The zombies are normal thats the way I like it, yes you can clear them, they re spawn every 4 days. I am going over the loot file today along with quests and I am hoping to have that all out today as well.

Besides once your max level and have lvl 6 weapons you will be smashing zombies and looking for them to kill to get that loot once I get teh loot done that is.

Oh yeah I might have forgot to mention that quality level affects damage too

Oh and the sledgehammer actually smashes blocks once you have max level and perks for it

The zombies are normal thats the way I like it, yes you can clear them, they re spawn every 4 days. I am going over the loot file today along with quests and I am hoping to have that all out today as well.

something i've noticed now that i hope that either tfp or modders will address is that in the early days-you depend a lot on being able to "evade". that doesn't seem to work anymore. so say-if you are trying to get into a building and attract z's-you can run away and hide and lose them. That isn't the case unless that is dependant on the sneak skill being up. but by the time the skill is up you no longer need it because you are slaughtering them. Its needed in the early days. In the base game i didn't mind the loss much because there aren't that many. but in mods like this where there are so many-you can easily attract 20 or 30 and have only a stone axe/wood bow. if you do the usual running and killing-you just attract more since they are everywhere. You gotta be able to lose them in order to get anything done

(btw-thank you for making quality matter again. To me that was one of the most upsetting things done)

something i've noticed now that i hope that either tfp or modders will address is that in the early days-you depend a lot on being able to "evade". that doesn't seem to work anymore. so say-if you are trying to get into a building and attract z's-you can run away and hide and lose them. That isn't the case unless that is dependant on the sneak skill being up. but by the time the skill is up you no longer need it because you are slaughtering them. Its needed in the early days. In the base game i didn't mind the loss much because there aren't that many. but in mods like this where there are so many-you can easily attract 20 or 30 and have only a stone axe/wood bow. if you do the usual running and killing-you just attract more since they are everywhere. You gotta be able to lose them in order to get anything done

(btw-thank you for making quality matter again. To me that was one of the most upsetting things done)

Hmm i will think about this but I believe you are correct which kind of makes the skills to increase it useless, like you said you need to be able to sneak early on and then not need it at all later.

I might have to remove that perk and rework it into something else and give the player the proper balance for sneak at the beginning of the game.

Hmm i will think about this but I believe you are correct which kind of makes the skills to increase it useless, like you said you need to be able to sneak early on and then not need it at all later.

I might have to remove that perk and rework it into something else and give the player the proper balance for sneak at the beginning of the game.

yeah-that would be great. you could make the effectiveness of sneak a level 1 thing but leave the extra damage from sneak 'til later so it sort of separates "trying to survive" from "i'm a NINJA"-haha

yeah-that would be great. you could make the effectiveness of sneak a level 1 thing but leave the extra damage from sneak 'til later so it sort of separates "trying to survive" from "i'm a NINJA"-haha

Yeah i think i have a minor solution for now the whole perk is still fine in itself because late game you still want it jus so your not bothered as much so its more of a quality of life thing at that point.

So what I did was I made it so that rotting flesh now makes you blend in and zombies cant see you at all for 8 seconds, obviously it comes with food poisoning but in a pinch it can save your life I suppose but I hop its not overpowered is I worry about.

Update (12/5/18)

Adventurer Udpate

Hey guys I have been working real hard to get the next update out and I hope you guys enjoy it. Some of the things included in this update are as follows.

This update changes quests and progression and it is recommended that you start a new world to avoid any possible issues

This update adds and changes icon names it is recommended that you delete the item icons folder before replacing it with the updated version to avoid duplicate icons

Thank you, and enjoy!

+Quests

I have reworked the entire quest line and added a bunch of quests, I had fun with those, be sure to read them. Oh and if you pay close attention the beginning quest line I think you will find it funny. :)

+Loot

I reworked the loot file drop chances for everything and changed all loot window sizes to now use a shape and size that resembles the container you are looking at, this includes vehicles as well, player storage remains unchanged.

+Buffs

I added a new buff that makes you invisible to zombies for 10 seconds, this buff is applied when you consume rotting flesh and can only occur once every 60 seconds

+Blocks

-Added wood block relay

+Items

-Adjusted power swing attacks per minute for weapons and tools

-Lowered stamina loss slightly for stone axe

-Added new food item cookies

+Entityclasses

-Adjust loot drop chances

+Progression

-Lowered experience required per level

-Added wood block relay is unlocked with regular relay

+Traders

-Adjusted mark down pricing

+ItemIcons

Added new icons

Changed names of some icons (It is recommended that you delete the item icons folder before replacing it with the updated version to avoid duplicate icons)

Update (12/5/18)

+Iem_modifiers

Added spark loop special effects are now applied to weapons when equipping the NiCad battery mod

+Buffs

-Added buff special effects buff loop for NiCad Battery mod

What does it makes (electric, burn, stun) ?

I added the NiCad battery mod a while ago, it adds 30% chance to apply electric shock to the enemy along with 40% increase to block damage for when applied to sledge hammer, I just added spark effects just now to the weapons themselves when held in your hand

crazy ♥♥♥♥

Archived