A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Yeah not everyone's rig can handle the number of zombies, just make adjustments as needed until your machine can handle it. The Gamestages file does most of the work in regards to spawning.

<gamestage stage="170"><spawn group="ZombiesAll" num="256" maxAlive="256" duration="9"/></gamestage>

stage="170"> It means the day??

duration="9"/> how long will they stay ??

• 2 weeks later...

I love it, but it's Too Hard!!! Please Help!!!

I am using just the A16.4 Stable (Clockwork Project).

I love the mod you did, especially the enhanced crafting and most of the "Re Balancing" you did.

However when I play, my experience looks much different than what I see on your "Lets Play" youtube series.

When I play, within the first 6 hours (game time), it becomes "un-playable" for me.

I always have 20-25 zombies on me, 2-3 vultures attacking me, and 2-3 snakes all at the same time.

I tried standing my ground and killing the zombies that come at me; but more just keep re-spawning and eventually have to go somewhere to get food, water, loot, etc.

I tried running but when I do, I see even more spawn in front of me, and the zombies following me never seem to go away.

It seems no matter what I do, I end up out of stamina, out of arrows, with an infection and 2 to 3 snake bites.

I expect this kind of thing on day 20 or even day 7.

But this consistently happen to me within the first 6 hours of game time, and at the easiest difficulty level?!?

In your "Lets Play" videos, you don't seem to have anywhere near this number of zombies and hostile animals attacking you.

Any idea if I am doing anything wrong?

Is there any other setting (like LOD distance which I have set low) that might effect zombie spawning?

I'm sure I'm not the only person who loves your mod, but find it way too hard.

I tried messing with the spawning.xml and gamestages.xml files and eventually got it so there are less zombies.

But I really don't know what I am doing; I'm worried some of the changes I made might be doing something I don't want.

Can you give me advice on adjusting your xml files to "thin out" the number of zombies and hostile animals a bit?

Now I know how "rich" your mod makes 7 days to die; I can't go back to playing the Vanilla version.

None of the other mods seem to have the Crafting, Hygiene & Resting features that you have.

I love it, but also hate it.

I'm ready to throw my laptop at the wall out of frustration!!!

Please help.

- Maj D

@ Maj D

Sorry to hear you are having so much troubles, this sounds about right too, the beginning is filled with zombies and snakes and vultures.

I play on max zombie spawns myself and I do find ti a bit difficult sometimes in the beginning but that is kind of the whole point.

There are a lot of little tricks that can make all of these headaches go away though.

I suggest you validate your files and reinstall the mod just for good measure. Then start a new world, the first thing you need to do when you spawn in is to gather fast.

If they start to swarm you do not run away into new areas they will continue to spawn more and more. You need to get that wood club crafted and get about 100 stick spikes along with about 20 arrows.

Your main focus day 1 is to gather the wood for spikes, kill 1 zombie and harvest it for a femur to get a bone shiv, then start heading to town while you craft spikes. On the way to town you need to hunt at least one boar and harvest it. Boars are slow and you can simply kite them and shoot them in the face.

If at any point the zombies get to be too much and are taking away precious time or are about to force you away from a position use the stick spikes to deal with them quickly or at least turn them to crawlers. Just make sure to replenish your spike supply.

If you hear a snake after you simply out run it and it will drop agro if you are heading to town anyways or if you need to secure the area snakes die real fast to stick spikes so just place a couple down and coax them into it and they will even bleed out.

Build your confidence in killing zombies with the wood club, if I see even 6 or less regular zombies even the electric ones I can deal with them with the wood club no problem and then get back to gathering wood for spikes without them driving me away from the area.

Once you kill the zombies in an area or "Chunk" they will not spawn there again for 3 days. Once you start killing all the zombies in your area you will see that their numbers start to dwindle quickly. Its just a matter if actually killing them instead of running away. I see a lot of people make that mistake by not facing them head on and killing what they can instead they run and run and run and soon you are out of stamina and have no resources collected.

Anyways hope this helps. I might do a beginner tutorial video on starting out and how to deal with each situation in the beginning.

@ Maj D

Sorry to hear you are having so much troubles, this sounds about right too, the beginning is filled with zombies and snakes and vultures.

I play on max zombie spawns myself and I do find ti a bit difficult sometimes in the beginning but that is kind of the whole point.

There are a lot of little tricks that can make all of these headaches go away though.

I suggest you validate your files and reinstall the mod just for good measure. Then start a new world, the first thing you need to do when you spawn in is to gather fast.

If they start to swarm you do not run away into new areas they will continue to spawn more and more. You need to get that wood club crafted and get about 100 stick spikes along with about 20 arrows.

Your main focus day 1 is to gather the wood for spikes, kill 1 zombie and harvest it for a femur to get a bone shiv, then start heading to town while you craft spikes. On the way to town you need to hunt at least one boar and harvest it. Boars are slow and you can simply kite them and shoot them in the face.

If at any point the zombies get to be too much and are taking away precious time or are about to force you away from a position use the stick spikes to deal with them quickly or at least turn them to crawlers. Just make sure to replenish your spike supply.

If you hear a snake after you simply out run it and it will drop agro if you are heading to town anyways or if you need to secure the area snakes die real fast to stick spikes so just place a couple down and coax them into it and they will even bleed out.

Build your confidence in killing zombies with the wood club, if I see even 6 or less regular zombies even the electric ones I can deal with them with the wood club no problem and then get back to gathering wood for spikes without them driving me away from the area.

Once you kill the zombies in an area or "Chunk" they will not spawn there again for 3 days. Once you start killing all the zombies in your area you will see that their numbers start to dwindle quickly. Its just a matter if actually killing them instead of running away. I see a lot of people make that mistake by not facing them head on and killing what they can instead they run and run and run and soon you are out of stamina and have no resources collected.

Anyways hope this helps. I might do a beginner tutorial video on starting out and how to deal with each situation in the beginning.

Clockwork

You mentioned that zombies are born every 2 days, I'm playing with 120min = 1 day, where can I set up for zombies to be born every 1 day ??

Example: I just cleaned the whole place where I am, in the game every 2 days they come back ... if you can help me locate where I can set for 1 day, 120min thank you

Clockwork

You mentioned that zombies are born every 2 days, I'm playing with 120min = 1 day, where can I set up for zombies to be born every 1 day ??

Example: I just cleaned the whole place where I am, in the game every 2 days they come back ... if you can help me locate where I can set for 1 day, 120min thank you

Well it actually depends on the biome, its in spawning.xml

the only numbers that actually affect anything in game are under the specific biomes that are generated.

forest, pine_forest, plains, desert, wasteland, burnt_forest, snow

look for "respawndelay" most of them are set to 4 days not 3 like I said, animals are set to 7 but I made zombies spawn in the animal groups too so you could adjust those as well if you wanted but you will end up with animals re-spawning more often leading to easier survival.

Dont touch the maxcount, only a max of 8 entities can spawn within a chunk.

Is it possible, for us that host servers, to add the BBM into this mod. If so how should it be install, I presume manually since it's not in your mod?

Cheers,

If you know how to mod the dll file then yes you would have to use the dll file I provide and make the necessary changes to it along with the necessary xml files as well.

No hordes are hardcoded, best you can do is make enough heat to spawn screamers as much as possible by running forges stoves and workstations

In your spawning.xml mod, does it work if I set up for the entire night I came a horde attacking me?

<day value="1,6">

<property name="ResetToday" value="true" />

<property name="EntityGroupName" value="ZombiesNight" />

<property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="1" />

<property name="TotalAlive" value="0" />

<property name="TotalPerWave" value="0" />

</day>

In your spawning.xml mod, does it work if I set up for the entire night I came a horde attacking me?

<day value="1,6">

<property name="ResetToday" value="true" />

<property name="EntityGroupName" value="ZombiesNight" />

<property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="1" />

<property name="TotalAlive" value="0" />

<property name="TotalPerWave" value="0" />

</day>

Spawning xml doesnt control hordes anymore, the gamestages does as far as I know. They might be intertwined somehow but I am not sure exactly but the short answer I think is no.

- - - Updated - - -

Clockwork Orange

Where can I look at the configuration of the zombie bodies that saw sand?

I am not sure what you mean...

Spawning xml doesnt control hordes anymore, the gamestages does as far as I know. They might be intertwined somehow but I am not sure exactly but the short answer I think is no.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure what you mean...

On the corpses of the zombies, how do I make the configuration to turn the same air is in your MOD

Just change the zombie gore block shape and mesh to terrain and texture to 2, also in materials allow for organic to have stability glue of 1 and allow for support.

Is it in this line to configure?

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="GoreBlock1Prefab"/>

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/>

Is it in this line to configure?

<property name="CorpseBlock" value="GoreBlock1Prefab"/>

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/>

no its these

<block id="701" name="GoreBlock1Prefab">

<property name="Class" value="Gore"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="Shape" value="Terrain" />

<property name="Mesh" value="terrain" />

<property name="Texture" value="2" />

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Server issues upon dying

Appologies if this was covered, I haven't read all 120 pages.

I have an issue on a dedicated Windows 7 server playing this mod with friends. When any player dies, they respawn and become a ghost. They cannot be seen by other players, but the compass arrow and map track the players. Their corpse body disappears and reappears once they respawn, and they can be damaged if someone attacks the corse. Light from ghosted players is not visible to other players (eg, head light or torch.) They can interact with items, kill zombies, etc. Zombies see them I believe. However, the game allows ghosted players to enter containers that someone is already interacting with. For example, a ghost player can be "in" the forge, where I place a bunch of iron and brass for smelting. When the ghost player closes the forge the items I placed disappear.

It seems to me that the "dead" players are not updating the server properly (or the server is ignoring it.) Affected ghost players need to disconnect from the server and reconnect to fix it. Upon reconnection everything seems to work as it should. I also had a friend that did the disconnect/reconnect thing that led to ghost zombies. While he was reconnecting a wandering horde was passing our base, which I engaged for leveling XP. When he completed joining he could not see the zombies I was fighting, I was "fighting air" as he said (though the gore blocks did show up to him.)

I haven't had any issues single player with this mod, nor with vanilla server games. We had the same issue whether we use the dedicated server or host it from within a player's game (eg, multiplayer menu setting.)

Any ideas? Constantly reconnecting is starting to grind on their nerves, which I don't blame them as it interrupts the immersion.

I have an issue on a dedicated Windows 7 server playing this mod with friends. When any player dies, they respawn and become a ghost. They cannot be seen by other players, but the compass arrow and map track the players. Their corpse body disappears and reappears once they respawn, and they can be damaged if someone attacks the corse. Light from ghosted players is not visible to other players (eg, head light or torch.) They can interact with items, kill zombies, etc. Zombies see them I believe. However, the game allows ghosted players to enter containers that someone is already interacting with. For example, a ghost player can be "in" the forge, where I place a bunch of iron and brass for smelting. When the ghost player closes the forge the items I placed disappear.

It seems to me that the "dead" players are not updating the server properly (or the server is ignoring it.) Affected ghost players need to disconnect from the server and reconnect to fix it. Upon reconnection everything seems to work as it should. I also had a friend that did the disconnect/reconnect thing that led to ghost zombies. While he was reconnecting a wandering horde was passing our base, which I engaged for leveling XP. When he completed joining he could not see the zombies I was fighting, I was "fighting air" as he said (though the gore blocks did show up to him.)

I haven't had any issues single player with this mod, nor with vanilla server games. We had the same issue whether we use the dedicated server or host it from within a player's game (eg, multiplayer menu setting.)

Any ideas? Constantly reconnecting is starting to grind on their nerves, which I don't blame them as it interrupts the immersion.

This is a desync issue and I am fairly certain this is a vanilla bug and not an issue with the mod itself but if it is, then tracking down the cause could be difficult, tbh I dont ever play on servers due to the terrible net coding. Are you using the Dedicated Server Assembly's For A 16.4 Stable / A 16.4 EXP that I provided separately? are you using the mod launcher or manual install?

I have seen invisible players after death in our server too, and we haven't played this mod yet so it's not mod specific.

I think i saw it even on vanilla, but definitely in more than one mod.

Normally changing clothes invisible player is wearing/wearing clothes after been naked after death fixes it so we haven't done any reconnects. Don't know if any particular piece of cloth fixes it but wearing/changing several does.

But there is a long time since we saw it, never with this server hardware, but we rarely die and have only 3 players nowadays...

• 4 months later...

Archived