A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

• 2 months later...

Update (11/28/18)

Updated EXP download: A 17 EXP B208

This is a work in progress build I figured I would release it so that you guys can check out what I am working on and the changes I am making.

Currently I have only:

-Increased zombie spawns

-Reworked the upgrade paths of blocks

-Changed HP of blocks (This is still not balanced as I still have yet to go through the items file for balancing block damages)

-Added flame spitting snakes

-changed loot bag drop chances for zombies

-Balanced progression Exp and zombie kills only for now (Full balance of everything is a long work in progress)

Update (11/30/18)

Equilibrium Update

I just finished fully balancing:

-weapon / tool block and entity damage, durability, degradation rate, repair cost, repair time, and crafting times for weapons / tools

-Block HP, upgrade paths, and resources gathered

-Zombie damage to entities and blocks

-Experience gains from zombie kills and crafting weapons / tools

-Changed all decap chances for all weapons and even tools

-Increased swing speed of machete

Development Path: Its been a long wait for A 17 and I have been excited to play it, I have just spent the last 80 hours over the past 6 to 7 days, even pulled an all nighter and worked all the next day at one point, going through these files with a fine toothed comb to balance every factor listed above, I really hope you guys decide to check it out.

Things I am workign on now...

-First pass recipe cost balance for all blocks / items

-First pass loot table

-Adding new workstations, items and blocks

-Adding custom UI's

-Food Rebalance

-Fatigue system and restoring middle stamina while resting

-Hygiene and infection system

-New zombies

Update (11/30/18)

Equilibrium Update

I just finished fully balancing:

-weapon / tool block and entity damage, durability, degradation rate, repair cost, repair time, and crafting times for weapons / tools

-Block HP, upgrade paths, and resources gathered

-Zombie damage to entities and blocks

-Experience gains from zombie kills and crafting weapons / tools

-Changed all decap chances for all weapons and even tools

-Increased swing speed of machete

Development Path: Its been a long wait for A 17 and I have been excited to play it, I have just spent the last 80 hours over the past 6 to 7 days, even pulled an all nighter and worked all the next day at one point, going through these files with a fine toothed comb to balance every factor listed above, I really hope you guys decide to check it out.

Things I am workign on now...

-First pass recipe cost balance for all blocks / items

-First pass loot table

-Adding new workstations, items and blocks

-Adding custom UI's

-Food Rebalance

-Fatigue system and restoring middle stamina while resting

-Hygiene and infection system

-New zombies

What i need to play this and is it for A17 ?

Sorry Im not entirely sure what you mean but yeah you just download the zip file and replace the files in the game with the ones in the zip I provided and as long as the game is a clean copy you will be good to go.

If you are referring to a server then the files should push from a dedicated server to your machine but just to be safe its just as easy to install it directly.

Make sure your on A 17 B208 Cheers! :)

Sorry Im not entirely sure what you mean but yeah you just download the zip file and replace the files in the game with the ones in the zip I provided and as long as the game is a clean copy you will be good to go.

If you are referring to a server then the files should push from a dedicated server to your machine but just to be safe its just as easy to install it directly.

Make sure your on A 17 B208 Cheers! :)

All Good my friend, i missineterpreted your post, you said new workstations. My Fault, better reading,lol.

Question.: With wich programm do ya want to make new Zeds ?

I am not sure about using any programs, for now I have a few ideas to change up some of the existing zombies a bit. Lots to come!

I have 5 or 6 , but its a pain in the ass to create then log in, then logout to get worjing on them again. Would be nice we got a Creator , on 16.4 i had a assembley data to great them. But it wont work on A17. :(

I have 5 or 6 , but its a pain in the ass to create then log in, then logout to get worjing on them again. Would be nice we got a Creator , on 16.4 i had a assembley data to great them. But it wont work on A17. :(

Yikes sounds like a lot of work, I wont be doing anything that fancy I dont think. I should have another update out later today or tonight, Cheers!

Update (12/4/18)

Overhaul Update

This is a massive overhaul to the entire game, I have gone through every detail to try perfect the balance of the game while staying true to vanilla while increasing the challenge, at least to the way I prefer it. I have expanded on what is already in game and the fun pimps have done a great job on the new A 17 update! Great job guys!

I hope you will come check out the new features and changes!

I will be posting a showcase video soon

Some point form details of what to expect:

Reworked wood harvesting and Table Saw:

-The table saw now only chops wood logs into usable wood, chopping trees yields some but very little wood and upon destruction yields logs.

-You can then take one of those logs and craft it onto a chopping block which takes 0 seconds to craft, you place down the chopping block and can use either a stone axe, iron axe, or steel axe as a tool to craft logs into wood. Each upgrade to the axe will reduce crafting time.

-To retrieve the chopping block use the axe to chop it once to return it to your inventory you can then instantly craft in back into a wood log into the stack if you so choose. I did it this way so that you remember to take your axe out of the chopping block before you destroy it, otherwise it will be lost upon its destruction.

Crafting times have been increased and skills reduce them more.

Increased zombie presence, like always I like to crank up the zombies.

New fire spitting snakes.

New Research table and schematic page design:

-You can collect schematic pages and craft weapon mod schematics and perk enhancements once you have collected enough of them

You can craft batters with acid, you can craft acid from batteries, scrap food into compost, scrap arrows into feathers...

You can upgrade ovens into workign ones in POI's and I added a display tip showing they require resources when you look at them.

Removed the text display when looking at crop plants

Removed the audio clip from power attacks

Added new crops, tomato and wheat along with some new foods to go with them but more foods to come...

Fertilizer upgrades the first stage of crop like usual but I have increased growth times

wood tables are work stations for some food prep

The forge is now crafted with a crucible and bellows and is unlocked with the perk hammer forge, the crucible is no longer a tool used at the forge, it is the forge.

Reworked all progression perks and their tiered recipe unlocks:

-Advanced Engineering:

Tier 1

tripwirepost

workbench

tableSaw

SewingTable

Tier 2

generatorbank

cementMixer

resourceBricks

electricfencepost

switch

ceilingLight01_player

speaker

pressureplate

pressureplateLong

gunPistol

gunCrossbow

Tier 3

batterybank

gunToolNailgun

Research Table

electricwirerelay

bladeTrap

dartTrap

ammoDartSteel

spotlightPlayer

electrictimerrelay

toolCalipers

gunPumpShotgun

gunHuntingRifle

gunSMG5

gunCompoundBow

solarbank

solarCell

Tier 4

meleeToolAuger

meleeToolChainsaw

motionsensor

gun44Magnum

gunAK47

gunMR10

Tier 5

gunRocketLauncher

autoTurret

shotgunTurret

-Yeah Science:

Tier 1

ammoGasCan

modGunFlashlight

modGunMeleeTheHunter

modArmorReinforcedPadding

modArmorStoragePocket

modArmorHelmetLight

modMeleeTemperedBlade

modArmorPlasticPlating

modArmorImpactBracing

thrownAmmoMolotovCocktail

Tier 2

ammo9mmBullet

thrownAmmoPipeBomb

thrownDynamite

mineHubcap

mineAirFilter

mineCookingPot

modMeleeStructuralBrace

modMeleeGraveDigger

modMeleeWoodSplitter

modArmorScrapPlating

modArmorSpikedKnuckles

modArmorMuffledConnectors

modMeleeClubBarbedWire

modMeleeClubMetalSpikes

modGunRodAndSpring

Tier 3

ammoShotgunSlug

ammoShotgunShell

modGunMuzzleBrake

modGunForegrip

modGunDuckbill

modGunChoke

modShotgunSawedOffBarrel

modGunBarrelExtender

chemistryStation

drinkJarGrainAlcohol

modGunScopeSmall

modGunTriggerGroupSemi

modGunMagazineExtender

modMeleeSerratedBlade

modArmorCoolingMesh

modArmorInsulatedLiner

modArmorImprovedFittings

ammoArrowFlaming

modArmorIronPlating

modMeleeBunkerBuster

modMeleeWeightedHead

modGunBowPolymerString

modArmorDoubleStoragePocket

tnt

carBattery

resourceAcid

Tier 4

ammo44MagnumBullet

ammo762mmBulletFMJ

modGunBipod

ammo9mmBulletSteel

ammoArrowSteelAP

ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP

modMeleeClubBurningShaft

modGunSoundSuppressorSilencer

modGunLaserSight

modGunScopeMedium

modGunReflexSight

modGunTriggerGroupBurst

modGunCrippleEm

modMeleeIronBreaker

modArmorSteelPlating

modArmorAdvancedMuffledConnectors

Tier 5

ammo44MagnumBulletSteel

ammo762mmBulletFMJSteel

resourceMilitaryFiber

modMeleeFortifyingGrip

modArmorCustomizedFittings

modArmorWaterPurifier

ammoCrossbowBoltExploding

modGunScopeLarge

modGunTriggerGroupAutomatic

modMeleeErgonomicGrip

modArmorBandolier

modArmorMilitaryPlating

modArmorTripleStoragePocket

resourceRocketTip

resourceRocketCasing

ammoRocketHE

ammoRocketFrag

resourceOmnigel

Perk hammer Forge, for the most part this stayed the same

I reworked building progression from wood to stone to iron, all upgrade paths for all blocks

Changed forged iron is no longer used on blocks and is only for the use of tools, weapons, armor and gadgets

Forged Iron can now be formed into Formed Iron which can be used to craft, upgrade and repair blocks, this allows me to tier building progression through skills

Tier 1

toolForgeCrucible

forge

Tier 2

meleeClubIron

meleeToolFireaxeIron

meleeToolPickaxeIron

meleeToolHoeIron

meleeToolShovelIron

meleeToolClawHammer

meleeToolHuntingKnife

armorLeatherBoots

armorLeatherGloves

armorLeatherHood

armorLeatherChest

armorLeatherPants

Tier 3

resourceFormedIron

meleeToolSledgehammer

armorScrapBoots

armorScrapChest

armorScrapGloves

armorScrapHelmet

armorScrapLegs

armorMiningHelmet

Tier 4

resourceFormedSteel

meleeToolPickaxeSteel

meleeToolShovelSteel

meleeToolFireaxeSteel

meleeToolMachete

armorIronBoots

armorIronChest

armorIronGloves

armorIronHelmet

armorIronLegs

Tier 5

armorMilitaryHelmet

armorMilitaryVest

armorMilitaryGloves

armorMilitaryLegs

armorMilitaryBoots

armorSteelBoots

armorSteelChest

armorSteelGloves

armorSteelHelmet

armorSteelLegs

Added broken auto turrets to the wasteland that can be wrenched to pick them up and take them home and can be upgraded into working ones with mechanical parts.

Added broken blade traps to the second layer of sand in the desert, if you go digging in the sand you might find one to take home. Make sure to use a wrench.

Working auto turrets and blade traps will downgrade into the broken version giving you some time to repair them.

Decreased biome deco chances of bird nests, crops, resource rocks and cacti.

Added Dirt lumps back to dirt and added clay 3 layers deep to all biomes.

Added chicken coops, composter, and dew collector as usual.

Changed ore distribution slightly

Added all new meats for all animals, Chicken, Rabbit, Pork, Wolf, and Bear. Changed Regular meat to be labeled as venison.

Added progressive new stews, and the hearty stew which gives 50 Hunger and Health points but requires one of each meat from each animal and is unlocked with master chef lvl 5

Zombies have better vision, can see further and can see 360 degrees

Added new custom icons and updated UI, more UI versions to come...

Update (12/4/18)

+Blocks

+Entityclasses

Added gore blocks that will disappear on their own after 30 min, not tied to loot in any way its just so zombies can climb over walls and be protected from spikes, and has always worked very well for me.

Things I am working on next:

Adding quest lines

Adding at least one new zombie for now

Adding new UI's

Adding fatigue, hygiene and infection systems

You. Rock

:p

I'm just a little scared for your sanity when the next build comes out and possibly breaks it ./hugs :)

Lol thanks, yeah updates are always fun, but not to worry they are no problem, usually the xml files dont change too much and if they do its usually all the fixes that everyone has found and posted on the Unofficial XML thread which is already included in the mod before hand, so that makes things real easy when it comes to updates. hope you enjoy the mod, let me know what you think!

ahaha! this is INSANE! i don't know if the zombie count is WAI but i went into the first town right away to check it out and got a nonstop stream of screamers who knew exactly where i was in spite of me flying and came after me in spite of my having made no sound. i counted 16 before i lost count. the ensuing chaos caused such bad lag that i just pulled out the cheater gun to make it stop. It never stopped. by 1 am i was level 10 :biggrin-new:

i had fun though-lol!

So just for performance issues you may want to tone it down a bit. i don't know if legit survival is possible or not. The other thing i noticed was that the gore blocks are dirt clods that stay floating in midair-building together as dirt blocks do and form a barrier that , when i dropped down to whack them and see what they give-got in the way of combat. I'll restart and do things normally and see what happens next time so i can check out the crafting and all n will add to this as i go

ahaha! this is INSANE! i don't know if the zombie count is WAI but i went into the first town right away to check it out and got a nonstop stream of screamers who knew exactly where i was in spite of me flying and came after me in spite of my having made no sound. i counted 16 before i lost count. the ensuing chaos caused such bad lag that i just pulled out the cheater gun to make it stop. It never stopped. by 1 am i was level 10 :biggrin-new:

i had fun though-lol!

So just for performance issues you may want to tone it down a bit. i don't know if legit survival is possible or not. The other thing i noticed was that the gore blocks are dirt clods that stay floating in midair-building together as dirt blocks do and form a barrier that , when i dropped down to whack them and see what they give-got in the way of combat. I'll restart and do things normally and see what happens next time so i can check out the crafting and all n will add to this as i go

That should not be happening I will look into it, i notice screamers spawning as well.

Update (12/4/18)

After testing I found that heatmap from the gore blocks was in fact the cause of screamers spawning at an alarming rate under certain conditions.

This is actually great news since it was not previously possible for me to generate heatmap from gore blocks in A 16.

My goal was and still is to make zombies spawn more dynamically from heatmap rather than player controlled through placing torches burning barrels and running workstations to generate heat to bring on the screamers and gore blocks are my ticket to doing that.

Now you can still force screamer spawns with workstations but I removed the heatmap from torches and burning barrels and adjusted the heatmap of gore blocks appropriately.

+Blocks

-Removed heatmap from torches, candles, and burning barrels

-Adjusted heatmap of gore blocks

Update (12/4/18)

+Item_modifiers

-Added NiCad Battery mod for clubs and sledge, increases block damage by 40% for the sledge lovers, and a 30% chance to shock the enemy

+Localization

-Added NiCad Battery name and desc

-Added NiCad Battery Schematic name

+Loot

-Added NiCad Battery to loot table

-Added Nicad Battery Schematic to loot table

+Items

-Added NiCad Battery Schematic

+Recipes

-Added NiCad Battery Mod to smithing table

-Added NiCad Battery Mod Schematic to research table

+Progression