A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Update (4/19/16)

Both Versions!

+Loot

Added Animal Fat back into the fat zombie loot to help facilitate crafting candles and bio fuel (Should also help decrease the amount of sham sandwiches as well)

+Rwgmixer

Slightly reduced chances of bunkers spawning in the wilderness

+Blocks

Doubled the amount of time it takes to collect water from the dew collector

Slightly increased amount of time it takes for composter to supply fertilizer

Slightly increased amount of time for the chicken coop

Update (4/19/16)

Both Versions!

+Items

Reduced stamina usage of Machete right click ability

+Blocks

Fixed all plants now use the same consistent destroy code

Changed goldenrod plants now only yield 2 goldenrod per harvest instead of 3 like the rest of the plants

+Items

Changed potatoes Crafting Ingredient Time to 5 seconds from 10 to be the same as all other plants (Mostly helps with crafting potato seeds, cause aint nobody got time for that)

Using 32bit SteamCmd on my craptop, I mean laptop, how do I install 14.4 version?

lol

-Go to steam

-Right Click on 7 days to die

-Go to properties

-Go to Betas

-Click on "Select a beta you would like to opt into" drop down list

-Click on A14.4 Stable

Let steam download the files.

Then go ahead and install the 14.4 version of the mod and you are good to go! :)

lol

-Go to steam

-Go to properties

-Go to Betas

-Click on A14.4 Stable

Then go ahead and install the 14.4 version of the mod and you are good to go! :)

ok thanks, but won't that install the 64bit version? I'll give it a shot!

Is this mod compatible with v14.5 of 7 days to die. I think I am a bit confused on version numbers. What is the experimental build on the first page?

P.S ya your UI mod is perfect. Thanks!

Glad you like the UI hope you enjoy the mod! :)

Yes it is compatible with A 14.5, but I do not recommend using that build due to complications in the horde spawning code that will give you endless hordes, I recommend playing on A 14.4, or A 14.6 Experimental, which is what the experimental version of the mod is for.

my previous post explains how to switch game versions:

-Go to steam

-Go to properties

-Go to Betas

-Click on A14.4 Stable or Latest Experimental Unstable build

Then go ahead and install the 14.4 version of the mod or the experimental version depending on what game version you are running and you are good to go!

The 14.4 version will work with 14.5 I just do not state that since I can not in good faith tell people to use that version of the game.

Update (4/21/16)

Both Versions!

+Loot

Added new Feral Zombie Loot Group

Rebalanced Feral Zombie Loot

Feral Zombies will now have an equal chance of dropping mp5, ak47, sniper, magnum, rocket launcher parts

Feral Zombies will no longer have a chance to drop full weapons

Feral Zombies will now have a chance to drop a geometry set

How about adding the "scythe" function to the hoe instead of a skill level 90 machete?

Cause it makes more sense on the machete and the hoe already has a right click function, also having it on the machete allows you to use the right click to level up bladed weapon skill at a nice rate and is balanced since it requires a high skill to unlock in the first place, it also eats through durability quickly.

And it makes for a nice goal to aim for and increases the machetes value, from a trade standpoint server wise, so being able to craft one while others can not is even more of a boon.

Cause it makes more sense on the machete and the hoe already has a right click function, also having it on the machete allows you to use the right click to level up bladed weapon skill at a nice rate and is balanced since it requires a high skill to unlock in the first place, it also eats through durability quickly.

And it makes for a nice goal to aim for and increases the machetes value, from a trade standpoint server wise, so being able to craft one while others can not is even more of a boon.

That is definitely one way to look at it. One can also argue though that cutting grass is part of mass resource collection like you do with wood and stone and a chain saw and an auger. However, you create both at lower skill levels and if one of the three resources is to be obtained with ease I say it should be grass.

That being said, I absolutely love your mod and agree with 98% of your changes. It's just for the remaining 2% that I offer some alternative view.

That is definitely one way to look at it. One can also argue though that cutting grass is part of mass resource collection like you do with wood and stone and a chain saw and an auger. However, you create both at lower skill levels and if one of the three resources is to be obtained with ease I say it should be grass.

That being said, I absolutely love your mod and agree with 98% of your changes. It's just for the remaining 2% that I offer some alternative view.

Well its not just about obtaining grass it is also about harvesting crops, crops give you omnigel and are meant to be a pain in the arse to harvest and maintain, but mostly it is about the ability to level your bladed weapon skill, also tool smithing requires you to craft cordage and also requires you to consume small stones to level it up by crafting stone axes, compared to weapon smithing which only requires wood by crafting clubs.

The chainsaw and auger also require fuel to use, where as the machete can be used forever non stop so long as you have steel to repair it.

Now I could easily make an entirely new tool and call it a scythe, and give it no action experience skill group so that using it does not affect any skill and allow it to be unlocked at an earlier stage through tool smithing but it will look like a machete in your hands anyways and I feel I would miss the fact that the machete no longer had this ability due to the fact that it does help you level your bladed weapon skill fairly quickly allowing you to unlock the decapitator perk sooner.

Thank you for the feedback it is greatly appreciated! and I am really happy that you like the mod!

If you have any other ideas suggestions or insights even on this same topic, please do feel free to let me know. I am stubborn and persuasive debate is what allows me to see other angles and possibilities. :D

Now I could easily make an entirely new tool and call it a scythe, and give it no action experience skill group so that using it does not affect any skill and allow it to be unlocked at an earlier stage through tool smithing but it will look like a machete in your hands anyways and I feel I would miss the fact that the machete no longer had this ability due to the fact that it does help you level your bladed weapon skill fairly quickly allowing you to unlock the decapitator perk sooner.

I am stubborn as well, so the feedback will be coming anyway. ;)

If it bothers you that the scythe looks like a machete, base it on a hoe instead. And keep the grass cutting functionality for the machete as well .. with all its advantages. This way the machete is a melee weapon AND a tool that helps you gain skill levels, deserving of its high requirements. Whereas the scythe is just a tool that helps you clear an area of grass.

And if nothing else, the scythe helps to reduce unnecessary grinding. I don't think grind is the kind of increased game difficulty you are looking for. :)

I am stubborn as well, so the feedback will be coming anyway. ;)

If it bothers you that the scythe looks like a machete, base it on a hoe instead. And keep the grass cutting functionality for the machete as well .. with all its advantages. This way the machete is a melee weapon AND a tool that helps you gain skill levels, deserving of its high requirements. Whereas the scythe is just a tool that helps you clear an area of grass.

And if nothing else, the scythe helps to reduce unnecessary grinding. I don't think grind is the kind of increased game difficulty you are looking for. :)

Ok after a bit of thought and testing I decided I will incorporate a Scythe but I can not use the Hoe since the animation and time it takes for it to actually break the grass seems to be hard coded or something. I had to create a whole new item, recipe, icon, and added it to the tool smithing level 1 progression unlock.

The new Scythe will not grant any experience towards any skills when being used thus technically making punching with your fists a better choice to help level up athletics. It also degrades faster than most all tools and can only be used for about 100 contacted swings no matter the durability level. Thus making the Scythe a convenience only tool.

Update (4/21/16)

Both Versions!

+Items

Added New Scythe (Only effective against grass and crops, and degrades quickly)

+Recipes

Added new recipe for the new Scythe at the smithing table

+Progression

Added Scythe recipe is unlocked with Tool Smithing Level 1

+Mods\ACPIcons\ItemIcons

Added new Scythe Icon

Archived