3 input slots for forge

three08

Updated for Alpha 17 Experimental

Works in single player and on servers.

I've changed the way I do this so it only effects the forges output slot instead of all the output slots. The download only includes the modded xmls for now, a SDX installer will be added later.

Download the a17 version

Back-Up Link (A17)

Just add the folder from the rar to yourgamefolder/Mods

The changes bellow are for a16, if you want it for a17 use the file above.

Download the modded xml files A16

Or make the following changes manually.

In XUi/windows.xml

Replace the original "windowForgeInput" with this.

<window name="windowForgeInput" width="228" height="229" panel="Right"
	controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron,brass,lead,glass,stone,clay" valid_materials_color="[green]" invalid_materials_color="[red]" cursor_area="true" >
	<panel style="header.panel">
		<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_forge"/>
		<label style="header.name" text="INPUT" text_key="xuiSmelting" />
	</panel>

<sprite depth="3" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,-46" height="228" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
	<rect name="content" depth="1" pos="0,-46" height="153">

<grid depth="7" rows="3" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputGrid" repeat_content="true">
			<item_stack name="0"/>
		</grid>

</rect>

<rect name="content2" depth="0" pos="78, -49" width="147" height="223">
		<sprite depth="1" color="[mediumGrey]" type="sliced" on_press="true"/>
		<grid rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="37"  repeat_content="true">
			<forge_material name="0"/>
		</grid>
	</rect>
</window>

And add this new window to the bottom of the file before the </window>

<window name="windowForgeOutput" pos="0,-48" width="228" height="152" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right" cursor_area="true" >
	<panel style="header.panel" pos="0,-40" height="43" depth="1" disableautobackground="false" >
		<sprite style="header.icon" pos="4,-4" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>
		<label style="header.name" pos="42,-6" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput" />
	</panel>
	<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-88" height="150" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="150" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
		<grid name="inventory" rows="2" cols="3" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">
			<item_stack name="0"/>
		</grid>
	</rect>
</window>

Go back to the Config folder and in xui.xml find the window group "workstation_forge"

Replace

<window name="windowOutput" />

With

<window name="windowForgeOutput" />

846832919_Inputslots.thumb.jpg.49db93d39c410c2f5cd09be3c8560c26.jpg

Tested and it works great, any reason why 3 and not 4 for instance? I fooled around and added a 2nd row and despite overalapping it worked, but looked like it only pulled resources from the 3 slots. So curious if its hard coded to 3.

yes, it's hardcoded and without dll modding it can not be more then 3 slots.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nyteshade12134

Alpha 14

Could you post an updated code which will work on Alpha 14? I have tried your code and other than changing "Panel" to "Rect" it seems to work OK, BUT the OUTPUT window is mis aligned.... The input windows cover the label OUTPUT.

This is what I am using on ALPHA 14 based on your original code...

<window name="windowForgeInput" width="228" height="229" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right"

controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron,brass,lead,glass,stone,clay">

<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_campfire"/>

<label style="header.name" text="INPUT"/>

</panel>

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,-46" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-46">

<grid rows="3" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75"

controller="WorkstationMaterialInputGrid" repeat_content="true">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</rect>

<rect name="content2" depth="1" pos="78, -49" width="147" height="223">

<grid rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="36" repeat_content="true">

</grid>

</rect>

</window>

Any ideas on how to make it line up more cosmetically correct?

Okay you need the change both input and output this time, heres the code I came up with. I haven't tested it on the server yet but its working on single player. It does effect the output windows on the other workstations doing it like this, you could add a new output window just for the forge if you wanted to fix that. (empty all existing forge output slots first if you change the forges output window)

<window name="windowForgeInput" width="228" height="229" panel="Right" 
	controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron,brass,lead,glass,stone,clay">
		<label style="header.name" text="INPUT" text_key="xuiInput" />
	</panel>

<sprite depth="3" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,-46" height="228" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />	
	<rect name="content" depth="1" pos="0,-46" height="228">	

<grid depth="7" rows="3" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputGrid" repeat_content="true">
			<item_stack name="0"/>
		</grid>

</rect>

<grid rows="6" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="37"  repeat_content="true">
		</grid>
	</rect>
</window>

<window name="windowOutput" width="228" height="152" anchor="CenterBottom" panel="Right">
	<panel style="header.panel" pos="0,-43">			
		<label style="header.name" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput" />
	</panel>

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-88" height="150" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="150" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />	
			<grid name="inventory" rows="2" cols="3" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">
				<item_stack name="0"/>
			</grid>
	</rect>
</window>

• 2 months later...

I've changed the way I do this so it only effects the forges output slot instead of all the output slots. The download includes the modded xmls and a SDX installer for those that want it.

Download link

[ATTACH]15407[/ATTACH]

In XUi/windows.xml

Replace the original "windowForgeInput" with this.

<window name="windowForgeInput" width="228" height="229" panel="Right" controller="WorkstationMaterialInputWindow" materials_accepted="iron,brass,lead,glass,stone,clay">
				<label style="header.name" text="INPUT" text_key="xuiInput" />
			</panel>
			<rect name="content" depth="1" pos="0,-46" height="228">	

<item_stack name="0"/>
				</grid>
			</rect>
				</grid>
			</rect>
		</window>

And add this new window to the bottom of the file before the </window>

<window name="windowForgeOutput" width="228" height="152" anchor="CenterBottom" panel="Right">
			<panel style="header.panel" pos="0,-43">			
				<label style="header.name" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput" />
			</panel>
					<item_stack name="0"/>
				</grid>
			</rect>
		</window>

Go back to the Config folder and in xui.xml find the window group "workstation_forge"

Replace

<window name="windowOutput" />

With

<window name="windowForgeOutput" />

3 Forge Input Slots.zip

• 2 months later...
I installed this, and it looks and works great. One thing I noticed though, it bugs out the ouput window for the cement mixer. I had to manually edit the cement mixer for the windowforgeouput before it would show up again.

Make sure your using the latest version of the mod, only the older versions did that.

three08, quick question... What is the reason for the separate or even the modified windowOutput?

I left the windowOutput unchanged and I didn't come across any issue... (although I did re-arrange the windows such that the forge input was horizontal across the top as opposed to vertical on the left)

Thx

• 10 months later...
Guest Nyteshade12134

Have you got a version updated for Alpha 16? I love the forge, but each new update means re-doing the xmls.

I haven't updated any of my xml mods yet, but I'll be updating this first so check back in a few days. Nyteshade, I always use SDX to install my mods, even the xml only ones, it makes re-installing after a minor update like the one we had yesterday a one click job most of the time.

Guest Nyteshade12134

Thank you for updating so quickly. I am not familiar with SDX, I still do it the old fashioned way. I use WinMerge to determine the changes and edit that way. Between Major overhauls, like A15 to A16, it can be a pain though... so many changes.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I did the code changes as described in the first post, but somehow my output window is still (slightly) being overlapped by my input window.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24238[/ATTACH]

It's not really hindering the gameplay, but it is however annoying.

This happens because you haven't increased the height of the forge input window to meet the increased size due to the extra slot.

Increase the height equally to the added slot and it should remedy itself.

Archived