Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

I suggest just waiting to see what all gets fixed in the next update we will take it from there.

Yes I definitely look forward to how much gets fixed, and hopefully there is some extra modding abilities. What is interesting to note is that if the loot quality is working as it is intended... and multiplying by 2 (for some unrealistic reason) then why is it that when doing test the only thing that comes out properly is full weapons. Everything else was being doubled so when I put down a value of 50 to half it to get the desired effects, everything came out as 101 except full put together weapons which came at 51.

At level 16 with full quality Joe Perk 3/3 I opened up 20 working stiff tool boxes, lots of non quality items of course. The rest were mid orange, 3 yellow and 1 green. I think this is a lot better for progression than finding what would be all low yellow, 3 green and 1 blue, at this early stage in the game.

Ok everything works now on my end. Thanks to everyone who helped with hints :)

I got one question though: The <property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6"/> in the item.xml file, is this addditional damage or a multiplier? Can someone explain to me how the damage is calculated from the different properties?

There is usually a damage range which will be used depending on the quality of the item. 12,30 means at quality 1 it has 12 damage and at quality 600 it has 30 damage with the damage in between slowly going up as quality goes up.

Entity damage is damage done to enemies or other players, block damage is damage done to blocks in the game. Damage is then further modified by damage bonus (multiplied) which is per material. Damagebonus.head is when you hit an entity in the head hit box, in your example it would multiply that damage by 6.

Damage is again further modified by degradation and stamina. I am not sure of the exact numbers but I believe there is quite a bit of a drop after an item has 50% degradation or 50% stamina.

Blocks.xml

<block id="858" name="shinglesOld"> picture is incorrect. This is a wedge and should Extend from woodRamp, not oldWood

<block id="795" name="shinglesWood"> picture is incorrect. This is a wedge and should Extend from woodRamp, not oldWood

<block id="908" name="tileFloor4"> - missing concreteMix repair item

<block id="383" name="tileFloor5"> - should not Extend from concrete... should be as follows:

<block id="383" name="tileFloor5">

<property name="Material" value="stone" />

<property name="Texture" value="9" />

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="concreteMix" value="10" />

</property>

<drop event="Destroy" name="destroyedStone" count="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="destroyedStone" count="1" prob="1.0" stick_chance=".75" />

<property name="Group" value="Building" />

</block>

Update (1/24/16)

+Blocks

shinglesOld: Fixed changed <property name="Extends" value="woodRamp" /> from oldWood

shinglesWood: Fixed changed <property name="Extends" value="woodRamp" /> from oldWood

tileFloor4: Fixed added missing repair cost

<property class="RepairItems">
	<property name="concreteMix" value="10" />
</property>

tileFloor5: Fixed removed <property name="Extends" value="concrete" /> and added missing

<drop event="Destroy" name="destroyedStone" count="1" />
<drop event="Fall" name="destroyedStone" count="1" prob="1.0" stick_chance=".75" />
<property name="Group" value="Building" />

Update (1/24/16)

+Items

Fixed all skill books / schematics to now give proper experience. For eg. Leather Tanning will now give leather working experience.

Fixed some items that would not give crafting experience. For eg. crafting leather will now give leather working experience. And crafting a Rocket Launcher will now give Gun Smithing experience.

Added mod support to some items to allow for giving crafting experience if a modded recipe for those items are added.

I'm not sure if I messed something up, but after applying the last xml changes (I use a program and copy over the new changes, that way I don't have to keep typing in the value I like), I am invincible. At least, I think. If I run into my wood spikes I don't take damage. A bee flew in and smoked me and I took no damage. Cops spit at me and no damage from that either. I see the blood splatter on the screen but 0 damage has been inflicted. I didn't run face first into a horde, I suppose for testing purposes I should have done that.

Level 83

Armor Smithing 50

Heavy Armor 27

level of armor is 230(s) and legs 460

if any of that is important.

Either I seriously messed something up or the last armor changes really make you powerful ;)

If no one else is experiencing this, then I guess I should just start over with your xml and make my manual changes.

Curious, do you just use notepad++ to change values every time there is a patch? or is there a smarter/faster way. I was using beyond compare (compare text) to add in the changes. Maybe I didn't copy something over that I should have.

Thanks

Well I had messed up the armor fix the first time I fixed it, and then corrected my mistake shortly after with another update.

I think one other person had something like this happen a long time ago but that was when I never changed anything armor related and I can not remember exactly what caused it.

I do remember that he had to redownload a fresh copy of my fixes and apply them directly and I think everything was fine after that.

If you try merge my changes to an already existing file you are more than likely asking for troubles. I suggest just to use the updated files directly and make any modifications you wish to make from there.

And In the vanilla game the armor makes you invincible with my fixes it will be a lot closer to what TFP intended armor values to be. It is not perfect but it is very close. And you can thank Gazz for that one and he has been using that fix on his own server for a long time and has not had any issues.

Hope you get it working properly, all changes should be compatible with all save games and should not require a map restart or anything. But for testing purposes you can always load up a fresh world on a separate seed and see if that does in fact help.

And I only use Notepad++ and highly suggest you do the same.

Update (1/25/16)

+Blocks

Fixed added repair values for:

corrugatedDecayedBrickGable: Added repair value <property name="scrapIron" value="10" />

corrugatedDecayedBrickQuarterGable: Added repair value <property name="scrapIron" value="10" />

metalPipeStraight: Added repair value <property name="forgedIron" value="10" />

metalPipeStraightLong: Added repair value <property name="forgedIron" value="10" />

metalPipeCorner: Added repair value <property name="forgedIron" value="10" />

metalPipeJoint: Added repair value <property name="forgedIron" value="10" />

metalPipeCap: Added repair value <property name="forgedIron" value="10" />

industrialLight01: Added repair value <property name="scrapIron" value="10" />

metalPipeValve: Added repair value <property name="forgedIron" value="10" />

metalPipeFlange: Added repair value <property name="forgedIron" value="10" />

Fixed! Thanks for posting! :)

You rock! Quick question, I use a HUD mod in combination with these XML fixes, i'm thinking the overwriting of the windows.xml is what causes the HUD mod to cease to work, is there anything super important in your windows.xml that would prevent the XML fixes from working if I were to opt out of installing it?

You rock! Quick question, I use a HUD mod in combination with these XML fixes, i'm thinking the overwriting of the windows.xml is what causes the HUD mod to cease to work, is there anything super important in your windows.xml that would prevent the XML fixes from working if I were to opt out of installing it?

The windows fix is a simple and small fix and is not really necessary it just stops the UI from jumping around when switching between crafting and looking at items. So dont worry about using it if you wish to use a different UI mod.

And Thanks! :)

ok that fixed it.

Now if I could just quit breaking my legs. Did you know you can break both legs at the same time? ;) Was rather surprised to see two broken leg icons. One splint fixed it up tho. :)

Thanks Clockwork Orange!

Lol You are welcome! :)

hey was wondering how you go about installing this? (not experienced with xml files atal) mainly wanting it to get feral hordes back on day 61 and they are gone sucks :(

Downloaded the file and extracted it but not wanting to mess anything up haha

Possible oversight you could look at: animalhide armor is classed as a "leather" material and repairs with leather. Meaning the player has to use leather to repair it instead of animalhide and if they scrap it they will get back leather, as leather has a wildcard recipe.

Personally I'd recommend setting the material to be organic and give the animalhide the required properties to be used as the repair item.

Fixed! Thanks for posting!

- - - Updated - - -

Update (1/25/16)

+Items

animalHide: Added repair amount <property name="RepairAmount" value="20" />

animalHideBoots: Changed material <property name="Material" value="organic" /> from leather and Changed repair item <property name="RepairTools" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHidePants: Changed material <property name="Material" value="organic" /> from leather and Changed repair item <property name="RepairTools" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHideJacket: Changed material <property name="Material" value="organic" /> from leather and Changed repair item <property name="RepairTools" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHideHood: Changed material <property name="Material" value="organic" /> from leather and Changed repair item <property name="RepairTools" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHideGloves: Changed material <property name="Material" value="organic" /> from leather and Changed repair item <property name="RepairTools" value="animalHide" /> from leather

Update (1/25/16)

I have now fixed hide clothing to now scrap into animal hide

+Materials

animalHide: Added to materials to allow for scrapping of animal hide clothing

+Items

animalHide: Changed material to <property name="Material" value="animalHide" /> from organic
               Added <property name="RepairAmount" value="20" /> to allow for repairing animal hide clothing
               Added <property name="Weight" value="5" /> to allow for proper scrapping of animal hide clothing

animalHideBoots: Changed material to <property name="Material" value="animalHide" /> from leather
                       Changed reapair material to <property name="RepairTools" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHidePants: Changed material to <property name="Material" value="animalHide" /> from leather
                       Changed reapair material to <property name="RepairTools" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHideJacket: Changed material to <property name="Material" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHideHood: Changed material to <property name="Material" value="animalHide" /> from leather

animalHideGloves: Changed material to <property name="Material" value="animalHide" /> from leather

+Recipes

Added recipe to allow for scraping animal hide clothing into animal hide

<recipe name="animalHide" count="1" scrapable="False" tooltip="ttScrapMetalBrass" >
       <wildcard_forge_category />
   </recipe>

@ClockworkOrange

Thanks for all the fixes and continuous updates.

This may have been discussed previously, but it's a long thread to dig and find out.

Last night I was in a building and for some RNG reason I was looting a ton of boots. Of course inventory got full very fast.

Shouldn't boots be able to scrap to leather, or is this a logic decision to not allow it by the developers?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Archived