Zombie wolf?

warmer

It's a Dire Wolf.  It's a former fan of Dire Straits that was also a werewolf and became a zombie.  But it was just its human side that became a zombie.  Turns out that once you're a human zombie that turns into a werewolf you get stuck, especially if you like Dire Straits' music.  It's an all around horrible situation.

10 hours ago, warmer said:

I was playing around with the biomes.xml doing some testing and I saw this guy for the first time.

Is this new? I don't remember hearing about a zombie wolf. Way to big to be the dog and covered in fur.

You haven't seen one of these in the early blood moon hordes?  🤔

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

You haven't seen one of these in the early blood moon hordes?  🤔

When I have been playing solo, I usually get to day 10ish and I start to mess with .xmls and need to restart. Lol it's rare I play through more than two bloodmoons without modding the map or other settings. The farthest I have played is to day 30

1 hour ago, warmer said:

When I have been playing solo, I usually get to day 10ish and I start to mess with .xmls and need to restart. Lol it's rare I play through more than two bloodmoons without modding the map or other settings. The farthest I have played is to day 30

Even so, it's surprising you haven't seen them.  It isn't unusual to see them on the first horde night, and definitely by the second.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, warmer said:

They may have tweaked something since then, or I progressed ridiculously fast, but I had these things appear day 7 on my very first playthrough of 1.0. I knew of their existence, but that special howl they have is hair-raising! They are tanky, but I had a fairly decent melee base setup and took them down without issue. Seeing them in the wild without the protection of a horde base is an entirely different story, though! 😨

2 hours ago, AidenwithAnAxe said:

Zombie Bears are terrifyingly bigger! I got jumped once and still live to regret it.. (By a zombie bear) Dire wolves are easier to counter late-game

I can understand that. I can hear the zombie bears footsteps. The Direwolf ambushed me. He was sitting there looking around. Didn't make any noise until he was agro.

3 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

They may have tweaked something since then, or I progressed ridiculously fast, but I had these things appear day 7 on my very first playthrough of 1.0. I knew of their existence, but that special howl they have is hair-raising! They are tanky, but I had a fairly decent melee base setup and took them down without issue. Seeing them in the wild without the protection of a horde base is an entirely different story, though! 😨

This guy I encountered 5min after loading in game. still level 1. Hadn't even gotten a single point of XP yet. He was also in the wasteland during the day.