1.0 Stable Performance Feedback, EAC problematic since 1.0 Stable, and General Feedback.

As I haven't seen any proper tags, or ways of leaving Feedback, so I am working with what's available.

I've played a few weeks of 1.0 Stable, and it was going pretty well, but I have been met with countless, reoccurring FPS, rendering, and awful stuttering issues in the game. Since the update has dropped, I have experienced an obvious drop to active performance which has lead me to completely downgrade all quality options so I can even have at least 80 stable consistent frames.

The experienced issues is usually happening by simply driving fast, opening any inventory, UI pop-ups, and holding Interaction to open additional interactive options on objects.
When I drive vehicles at top speed, I am constantly rendering whole objects that ends up dropping all my frames to 1 frame per minute, before suddenly normalizing as the object finally loaded in. This has lead to me crashing into several things, losing control, and general frustration as it happens all the time I drive any vehicle fast.
Opening inventories ends up doing the same as driving on roads as it leads to a sudden 1 frame per minute for a moment, then normalizing for the next 20 interactions. This is frustrating as well as it has become rather disruptive.
Nearly 80% of the UI pop-ups for interactables has lead to a quick drop of FPS and pretty much routes to previously stated issues.

EAC since the update has become problematic, as EAC checks twice upon loading into a server. This can be proven more issue intensive if anyone has lower end PC's, which is a majority of players. EAC does 1 confirmed verification, to suddenly booting me out of the server I joined, and back into a second loading screen. Proceeds normally after this has happened.

Now, I do enjoy a lot that this update has brought into the game. But 1 thing definitely tweaks me little is the 4x4 Truck being a Monster Truck. I wouldn't mind if the rig at least had wheels more under the rest of the vehicle frame, and not sticking out, grabbing onto anything I try to swerve away from.

The appropriate section here in the forum would be "General Support" and the only way we can help you is if you include a logfile. This is explained in a sticky thread in "General Support".

Dude, My game crashed this morning.  I open the game again and my toon is naked and in the starting area.  My motorcycle, all the stuff I had in it GONE.  This evening, game crashed and lost my motorcycle and all the loot I had in it.  I think they stealth patched something early this morning and it messed stuff up.  Since game went stable I had not had any problems after many crashes and lost saves.  NONE of my other games give me any problems like this.  

A lot of folks are reporting a significant drop in performance. I was testing A21 on high settings for just about everything, but performance was so bad in 1.0, I had to turn them all down to low and still got frame drops and stuttering. Along with that, I've had such strange occurences as every surface in a room "blinking," which is to say seeming to appear in one place and then being displaced by a pixel with almost a stobe effect. Further, I've cleared a POI with no glaring issues with frame rate, but it tanked as soon as I put up a couple of torches. There's something about the lighting in 1.0 my computer does not like at all. Shadows, etc., all have been set to the lowest possible settings. I don't have the highest end rig ever built, but it's not a potato either, so the drastic change is still a mystery to me.

Edited by InfiniteWarrior (see edit history)

I can't really evaluate performance vs past versions since I went from a 2066 to a 4060 between A21 and 1.0

I had to turn reflections and shadows off because I was getting huge stuttering, even though the framerate was still high.

Otherwise I can play with everything on ultra and I get 80-112 fps on average in 1080.

Previous to 1.1, I had decent performance in 1.0 b333. Like almost steady 60 fps.

Upon the update, I had terrible stuttering issues and barely 20 fps. 

I turned off vsync and this helped tremendously. Now getting 70 fps

I have an old PC that used to be powerful (still plenty of ram). The weirdest thing is collision detection errors where a zombie or dog gets stuck in the floor or wall. Performance is down, but game still fun.

Performance does seem to have decreased somewhat since the first experimental for 1.0 for me, though not horribly.  I have my vsync set to 1/2 (limits frame rate to 30) because 1) my monitor only handles 60 anyhow, and 2) I get a steady 30fps most of the time versus a fluctuating FPS without that, which might give me 60 FPS sometimes, but the drops really cause a lot of stuttering for me.  I still get a ton of slow loading in large towns if using a vehicle, though.  I see no improvement whatsoever with that in 1.0 regardless of the changes to windows or reduction of POI densities.  But I just accept that's how it'll probably always be until I can get a better CPU.

Reflections and shadows are big performance killers. I had to turn them off because my game was stuttering badly.

I get avg 80-100 FPS with everything else cranked up at 1080P, 240hz.

I can't really compare against A21 because I had a GeForce 1066 then and I went to a 4060. Otherwise same computer.

On 8/10/2024 at 4:46 AM, Outlaw_187 said:

Previous to 1.1, I had decent performance in 1.0 b333. Like almost steady 60 fps.

Upon the update, I had terrible stuttering issues and barely 20 fps. 

I turned off vsync and this helped tremendously. Now getting 70 fps

I´ve read many times over the years on reddit, steam forums etc that this game game has vsync broken, and for some people it produces big dips in fps and never been fixed.

Try to disable Vsync in game and enable in nvidia/amd control panel, or limit fps with RTSS and let us know your experience.

4 hours ago, Krougal said:

Reflections and shadows are big performance killers. I had to turn them off because my game was stuttering badly.

I get avg 80-100 FPS with everything else cranked up at 1080P, 240hz.

I can't really compare against A21 because I had a GeForce 1066 then and I went to a 4060. Otherwise same computer.

Before 1.0 the game has been always pretty CPU bottlenecked and not much GPU intensive. Now with 1.0 new CPU optimizations and better specific effects and lighting, the game is a bit less CPU intensive and more GPU dependant. In my case with 13700k and RTX3080 I already had great CPU performance and I can see bigger FPS differences changing shadow and reflections settings in 1.0 than before. 

Try the new FSR upscaling (within antialiasing setting) and Torch mod, maybe it can help for you. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/3287

Edited by HeLLKnight (see edit history)

I play and stream from not the best PC: ryzen5 3600, Radeon RX 580X 8gb, ASRock X570 Steel Legend motherboard, A-Data XPG Gammix D10 16GB RAM. Game settings: medium-high. A21 had problems with cities and chunk loading. When I went into inventory it froze for 2 seconds. Crashed especially in the later stages, quite often. FPS was not always stable, especially in cities and hordes. At the time of 1.0, almost all of these problems disappeared, and the rest changed for the better (FPS during hordes and in cities) Overall, I am pleased with the work done. Thank you TFP🖤