A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Ok I have been thinking of doing a let's play with this mod pack. Here's my concern. Can I keep my vanilla setup and current let's play going? How would I switch back and forth?

Any info would be most welcome, Thanks in advance :D

Watch this video for easy to keep both games:

Valmar i'm having a weird screamer spawn issue as in groups of 3-4 screamers spawning and then calling about 40 zeds LOL were getting our asses handed to us even had the building fall beneath us ( Laughing Fun) but insane... I looked in the spawn xml and the classes to see if you had added the new zombies using the same skin but that was not the case.. Just wondering if its buggin out on me or not. This is with one fireplace not turned on that its happening even. It reminds of us the walking dead on the farm. If you look closely all the way back to our now destroyed base you can make out more and more zeds lol nonstop.

You sure have a lot of zombies on your tail. Im not sure what your screamer issue could be, however. It should be completely vanilla in that regard. The only group that spawns them is the scouts, which is vanilla. I do not add them in any other capacity than what is used in vanilla. So this behavior is likely just a vanilla issue of some description.

Check out releases

Short story, from https://github.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul go to the releases, click create new release, tag it with the version number, then the links for the zip should include the release tag on the end of it :)

Thank you Stomps, thats awesome to know. I will try to start doing this from now on whenever I make a new release version. Great to have/know.

After a few hours of gameplay I've not seen the spike lag issue show up.

Also, what can I craft to rank up traps before unlocking spikes at 10?

Thats fantastic news, I was hoping that would help. As for traps... currently Traps is a perk, not a skill. So you cannot level it by crafting stuff. Yet! Loki and I were discussing that the other night, however. So I am going to turn the Traps perk into a skill. That way crafting traps would increase it. There are a few other changes in store too. Such as the Security perk getting merged into the Carpentry skill and likely the Bow/Crossbow perks being merged into the Archery skill.

Probably wont happen today though. Taking a bit of a breather today.

I'm seeing the same Erik. Nice!

Very good. Hopefully one day the performance hit won't be so extreme so we can have all the fun toys. Until then, modesty is key, apparently.

You sure have a lot of zombies on your tail. Im not sure what your screamer issue could be, however. It should be completely vanilla in that regard. The only group that spawns them is the scouts, which is vanilla. I do not add them in any other capacity than what is used in vanilla. So this behavior is likely just a vanilla issue of some description.

Thank you Stomps, thats awesome to know. I will try to start doing this from now on whenever I make a new release version. Great to have/know.

Thats fantastic news, I was hoping that would help. As for traps... currently Traps is a perk, not a skill. So you cannot level it by crafting stuff. Yet! Loki and I were discussing that the other night, however. So I am going to turn the Traps perk into a skill. That way crafting traps would increase it. There are a few other changes in store too. Such as the Security perk getting merged into the Carpentry skill and likely the Bow/Crossbow perks being merged into the Archery skill.

Probably wont happen today though. Taking a bit of a breather today.

Very good. Hopefully one day the performance hit won't be so extreme so we can have all the fun toys. Until then, modesty is key, apparently.

I started thinking about how i adjusted the spawns what is weird is i never touched the screamer group or spawns for what they spawn on you . I just wiped the server clean and re installed everything seems ok now lol. (damn was fun while it lasted for me anyway haha)

Valmar When I try to repair wood frames or upgrade them in overhaul I am missing something. It looks like 4x4 cut wood, but I don't know how to get cut wood?

I maybe wrong here. Idk i havent played this mod (sorry val it is awesome :-/) but i pretty sure you like cut a tree down. They are those things that are in the ground stand about 10 to 20 ish metres tall and have leaves and branches hanging off of em.

:-D

Valmar When I try to repair wood frames or upgrade them in overhaul I am missing something. It looks like 4x4 cut wood, but I don't know how to get cut wood?

They take the 'upgrade kits' (might not be proper name) which is made with wood and nails. (icon is also wood/nails but not easily visible as a tiny icon)

They take the 'upgrade kits' (might not be proper name) which is made with wood and nails. (icon is also wood/nails but not easily visible as a tiny icon)

They are carpenter kits made at the workbench , make nails then create them their... :)

Those would be carpenter kits. You have to learn carpentry to know how to craft them.

Corn

Greetings Valmar and fellow survivalists.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but it seems corn is broken to me. It only yields one corn per harvest no matter which biome block, tilled, and with or without fertilizer it still yields one corn per harvest. I found this happening in both overhaul and experimental overhaul.

New point/skill system plays well for me, enjoying the mod as always

Had someone on my server point something out about the CookBook quest line. While each stage asks for a page of the cookbook, you only need one. once you put the page in your inventory it checks it off the quest. You can then remove the page finish the rest of the quest and reuse that same page. Was that intentional?

Valmar, Bags?

Valmar first off I love your mod, thank you for your time and energy. It makes this game so much better.

With that said the last time I played your mod had the zombies turn into bags.

They no longer do this for me.

Is that because I downloaded/installed the wrong version? Are they no longer there in the overhaul?

Why were they removed? Can I get them back?

It was a feature I really liked. It made it so I wouldn't miss loot from zombies even when killing a lot on top of each other.

Are you harvesting it with the E key or by punching it?

Both, i have tried punching then it still gives one and doesnt leave a seed behind as classic valmod should. Pressing e is the same result.

Am i the only one getting this problem ? A bit weird since i do not mess with the xml files, i just install and play and i havent had problems before.

Thanks

I get 3 on forest ground not fertilized 5 fertilized and that's on top of my base on pillars with cobble stone blocks

Sounds about right, which causes me to assume that its only me having the problem, which makes me a bit concerned.

Not knowing about editing the xml files, i still wonder if its possible to replace the coding of the corn or something ? (ignorant to programming though)

Hey Val,

A few qestions:

1:

The beaker and glass jar recipe for the forge calls for glass but the icon in the description is of broken glass.

Is there a glass recipe (and I just missed it) or is it supposed to use broken glass?

*EDIT*

Ok, I was able to create the beaker by smelting the broken glass.

2:

How do I create Locki's filtered water? There is only 1 tool slot in the science station and it will not accept the water filter I made

Valmar first off I love your mod, thank you for your time and energy. It makes this game so much better.

Is that because I downloaded/installed the wrong version? Are they no longer there in the overhaul?

It was a feature I really liked. It made it so I wouldn't miss loot from zombies even when killing a lot on top of each other.

Something I miss also :)

is Valmod expansion compatible with Alpha 15?

is Valmod expansion compatible with Alpha 15? i only ask because on the mod opens on the control panel for my server from pingperfect is says that Valmod Overhaul is compatible with Alpha 15 but next to expansion it says Alpha 14.7

397724016_Screenshot2016-10-1914_39_10.jpg.03cefe3b02f424a00d3fd934d8d57e02.jpg

Had someone on my server point something out about the CookBook quest line. While each stage asks for a page of the cookbook, you only need one. once you put the page in your inventory it checks it off the quest. You can then remove the page finish the rest of the quest and reuse that same page. Was that intentional?

No it isn't intentional. Though the cookbook quest line has always been a bit... flaky. The questing system was never intended to be manipulated the way I have do it with the cookbooks. It used to work in A14, or at least I dont recall this bug being there. Either way I plan to completely redo the cookbook once Overhaul Experimental goes official so no worries.

They were removed as I felt they were no longer relevant. The zombie gore blocks now carry over the zombie loot. So even if you do not get to the zombie in time to loot him you can still get the loot from the gore block. The gore block has become the new loot bag.

Both, i have tried punching then it still gives one and doesnt leave a seed behind as classic valmod should. Pressing e is the same result.

Am i the only one getting this problem ? A bit weird since i do not mess with the xml files, i just install and play and i havent had problems before.

Thanks

Oh you problem was that it wasn't leaving behind the seed. I thought your problem was that it was only harvesting 1 corn even if its fertile.

You're right about it. Oversight. Just fixed it. Should be downgrading properly now. Also tested it, just to confirm, and it will give you the extra corn if its been made fertile if oyu use the E button to harvest it. Punching it is hardcoded to only return one corn, unfortunately.

Archived