A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I discovered F2 is now the console command.

Strange thing i discovered the house with the forge in it - with the L shaped stone stairs on the outside. Part of this building was under a land claim block - I was playing SP on random gen?!?!

Unable to pick up table with lamp on it.

Unable to turn on mobile spotlight or pick it up.

Getting way too much brass, lead and scrap iron.

Also, leveling way to fast been playing for an hour and level 10 already. Been doing no construction just found a town and was raiding it shooting zombies and nothing else really - so thats way to fast - been playing the 14.7 valmod on the EU server for around 10 hours and only level 40.

The land claim thing is a vanilla bug not related to vals

3. Tried the F2 key.?

I discovered F2 is now the console command.

Many, many thanks. I didn't realize how much I relied on the console until now. Lol

Unable to pick up table with lamp on it.

Unable to turn on mobile spotlight or pick it up.

Getting way too much brass, lead and scrap iron.

Also, leveling way to fast been playing for an hour and level 10 already. Been doing no construction just found a town and was raiding it shooting zombies and nothing else really - so thats way to fast - been playing the 14.7 valmod on the EU server for around 10 hours and only level 40.

Table lamp not being able to pickup is actually a vanilla change.

The mobile spotlight not being able to pickup is also a vanilla change. If you can't turn it on ensure you're trying to turn on one you placed and not one found in a POI.

What are you getting the brass/lead/iron from? More specific the better.

Other than faster arrow/gun leveling the leveling in this should be vanilla. Have you played the vanilla experimental build to compare the two speeds? They recently made it so that killing zombies contributes to your player level. That might be the cause. It probably needs to be rebalanced.

New patch is up - will the experimental version still work with it?

I just updated the experimental so it should work now.

From the release notes of the new patch

"Fixed: Dead dog corpses last 300 seconds like all other animals"

That vanilla change was carried over. :)

You can find ores and caves in A15. I just flew around and found a couple. They seem to be more rare now though since I did have to fly around quite a bit. But they are there.

Yes there are some rare spots of caves, but if you dig there a bit you will fast see there are much to less ores. Also you can't see them. If a mod would fix this you will get 1000 more players :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50472-Potassium-nitrate-Coal-ore-spawns

Well in my mod mining stone gives you a small chance of getting coal and potassium. So even as you go searching for it you're bound to get a few pieces.

If the problem is that ore is not spawning enough when you go mining your own tunnels that should be an easy-enough thing to adjust in the biomes.xml but I rather wait for the build to get more official feedback and the like before I go messing with their balances. Other than the cars. I had to lower the car rate. There were just too many in the wasteland lol

Well in my mod mining stone gives you a small chance of getting coal and potassium. So even as you go searching for it you're bound to get a few pieces.

If the problem is that ore is not spawning enough when you go mining your own tunnels that should be an easy-enough thing to adjust in the biomes.xml but I rather wait for the build to get more official feedback and the like before I go messing with their balances. Other than the cars. I had to lower the car rate. There were just too many in the wasteland lol

TBF there are landmines now in the wastelands so there's a chance you'll lose a lot your stuff.

Many, many thanks. I didn't realize how much I relied on the console until now. Lol

Table lamp not being able to pickup is actually a vanilla change.

The mobile spotlight not being able to pickup is also a vanilla change. If you can't turn it on ensure you're trying to turn on one you placed and not one found in a POI.

What are you getting the brass/lead/iron from? More specific the better.

Other than faster arrow/gun leveling the leveling in this should be vanilla. Have you played the vanilla experimental build to compare the two speeds? They recently made it so that killing zombies contributes to your player level. That might be the cause. It probably needs to be rebalanced.

I just updated the experimental so it should work now.

That vanilla change was carried over. :)

The Brass / Lead / Iron is from normal scrapping of ammo types into brass. Any scrapping will result in more of the base material.

Anyone noticed after the last update this morning you have to go very near to items to open them. Where I can fix this. Anyone knows that? I'm looking through the xml-files, but have no idea where to find it.

Not sure you can - at least in XML. I tried modifying the player hand ranges and it didn't seem to matter.

The Brass / Lead / Iron is from normal scrapping of ammo types into brass. Any scrapping will result in more of the base material.

I'm not sure I understand. Bullets scrap to brass, not lead or iron. Other than shotgun shells, anyway. Scrapping a bullet is also a bit wasteful as you can just dismantle them or convert them over instead.

Could you clarify more?

Hey Val,

Can you post the github link to the experimental version? Since there is no version number it's hard to know if I have most recent version.

Also -

How do I increase zombie damage? I'm playing on warrior and I like the damage I'm doing but I want to increase zombie damage to insane level (without them turning into bullet sponges).

crafting 762 rounds? can't figure this out

all recipes for ammo seem incorrect for the most part?

Most normal bullets require 10mm casings?

Hollow pints and incendiary seem fine.

That's about it so far that I noticed that. Thanks again for the Mod!

Ah good catch! Sorry about that. Not sure how that happened. Fixed!

Hey Val,

Can you post the github link to the experimental version? Since there is no version number it's hard to know if I have most recent version.

Also -

How do I increase zombie damage? I'm playing on warrior and I like the damage I'm doing but I want to increase zombie damage to insane level (without them turning into bullet sponges).

Sure. I'll also include it in the OP for now on.

Valmod Overhaul A15 Experimental

To increase zombie damage you have to modify the zombie hands. They're in items.xml

Like so:

<item id="76" name="handZombie">

<property name="Extends" value="handMaster" />

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="DamageEntity" value="10" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="20" />

<property name="Buff" value="bleeding,infection,stunned" />

<property name="Buff_chance" value="0.04,0.04,0.5" />

</property>

</item>

To increase zombie damage you have to modify the zombie hands. They're in items.xml

Like so:

<item id="76" name="handZombie">

<property name="Extends" value="handMaster" />

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="DamageEntity" value="10" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="20" />

<property name="Buff" value="bleeding,infection,stunned" />

<property name="Buff_chance" value="0.04,0.04,0.5" />

</property>

</item>

Hmm, so how does the game alter damage when you change difficulty? Is there a modifier or something?

I'd rather copy some of the Insane settings and paste them over the Warrior ones

Hmm, so how does the game alter damage when you change difficulty? Is there a modifier or something?

I'd rather copy some of the Insane settings and paste them over the Warrior ones

I'm not sure. It isn't in the XML files. That's probably something you'd need SDX to mess with to find out.

I do know (at least I think I do) the basic idea behind the difficulty, though. What it basically does is reduce the percentage of damage the player deals while increasing the percentage of damage the zombies do. I'm not sure what percentages are actually used for each difficulty, though.

on default is 100% recieving and dealing damage

on lowest is 200% dealing and 50% recieving damage

on highest is 25%? dealing and 200%? recieving damage

this is what i can remember.

general you can say is the difficulty lower then normal player deal more damage and recieve reduced damage, is it higher then it is the other way.

the value decrease by 25% stepping and increase by 50% stepping, highest is 200%? and 25% the lowest.

Archived