A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

That doesn't really clarify it to me.

What do you mean "through masonry"? What are you doing exactly?

And no ETA. It wouldn't be a "start a new game" update anyway. Probably just little changes here and there. I'm really holding off for A15 at this point.

That doesn't really clarify it to me.

What do you mean "through masonry"? What are you doing exactly?

And no ETA. It wouldn't be a "start a new game" update anyway. Probably just little changes here and there. I'm really holding off for A15 at this point.

EDIT: It just feels like it does but the pace seems ok to me

Anyone else experiencing the "double craft" experience thingy? I craft with my character and with the workbencha at the same time BUT if you leave the workbench menu open you receive the workbench craft XP and the XP of the items you're crafting yourself in the background, saves a lot of time :D

Hey man great mod

Hey I have an issue bro first with an older version my item icons were all blue and with the new one an error message spams at the very start of the game I really want to play your mod because to be honest is the best thing there is for 7dtd I mean even with the blue icons I had more fun playing it than with the original hahaha. Here's the image thanks. https://s31.postimg.org/ymcarrszf/DSC_0059.jpg

I've been checking #1 for instructions and reading the guide but I'm still lost when it comes to the new farming/turding the ground system.

I remember before you had to turd each plant so it became fertile and gave twice the produce, now it's supposed to work on a tile or plot of land which I can't seem to get to work, I hold the turd in my hand and select a tile of "plantable" dirt aaaand nothing, at all.

Sorry for asking all these tiny stupid questions but seriously been trying to find a guide or something and no luck. BTW Steel armor is looking so bad hahahaha like ugly af but damn is worth it to protect to ass from the damn dogs hahaha well as usual please and thanks!

Hey I have an issue bro first with an older version my item icons were all blue and with the new one an error message spams at the very start of the game I really want to play your mod because to be honest is the best thing there is for 7dtd I mean even with the blue icons I had more fun playing it than with the original hahaha. Here's the image thanks. https://s31.postimg.org/ymcarrszf/DSC_0059.jpg

My mod is only compatible with the latest version of the game. Ensure both your game and the mod version you're using are up-to-date. The error you show suggests you're either playing with outdated mod files or trying to play on an older version of the game.

The title pretty well says it all. When i type door into the search, nothing comes up. Even hatches. As far as i can tell that's all that is missing. hoping there is an easy fix for this.

In the overhaul the door is crafted at the workbench.

I've been checking #1 for instructions and reading the guide but I'm still lost when it comes to the new farming/turding the ground system.

I remember before you had to turd each plant so it became fertile and gave twice the produce, now it's supposed to work on a tile or plot of land which I can't seem to get to work, I hold the turd in my hand and select a tile of "plantable" dirt aaaand nothing, at all.

Sorry for asking all these tiny stupid questions but seriously been trying to find a guide or something and no luck. BTW Steel armor is looking so bad hahahaha like ugly af but damn is worth it to protect to ass from the damn dogs hahaha well as usual please and thanks!

There is a Valmod guide included in the zip. Though I'm always happy to answer these things directly - usually quicker and easier. Their used to be a fertilizer system in Valmod but that was before A14 I believe. I had to remove them due to block ID restrictions. Now turds can only be used to upgrade the ground into fertile earth. So use a shovel and right click the ground while you have turds in your inventory. It will turn the ground you click into fertile earth. A bit pointless, really.

Hey there thanks for the answer

Hey man yeah I recently moved to a new room and I haven't installed the Internet line yet. I have the alpha 14.6 b26 I think the console is blocking the Last number hahaha. So yeah I guess that is. Is there any place to download the older versions of your mod man? I don't think I'll have the time or money to install the service soon. Thanks again for all your help and for creating this awesome mod.

Hey man yeah I recently moved to a new room and I haven't installed the Internet line yet. I have the alpha 14.6 b26 I think the console is blocking the Last number hahaha. So yeah I guess that is. Is there any place to download the older versions of your mod man? I don't think I'll have the time or money to install the service soon. Thanks again for all your help and for creating this awesome mod.

This should work:

https://envul.com/download/1/427/

I have a suggestion and its something I have already done for myself that others may also want. Go through to the iron crossbow data in items.xml and add these

<property name="CustomIcon" value="crossbow" /> 
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="100c08" />

That way your iron crossbow has an icon that looks like a crossbow but is much darker so you can still tell them apart easily and it actually looks like how I thing an iron crossbow would look. All metal crossbows I have seen are chrome, black, or a color close to one of those 2 unless they had there color altered in some way. So after trying a few different variations on the color code for the custom tint I decided a color close to black would be best for this. You can also do this with the bow but you would obviously need to change crossbow into woodenBow like this

<property name="CustomIcon" value="woodenBow" /> 
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="100c08" />

Anyway the sites I used to find/test various color codes for the custom tint are below if anyone is interested

http://www.color-hex.com/

http://www.colorhexa.com/color-names

Valmar, I like the bodybags that drop on zombie kills in the overhaul but noticed they do not happen in the expansion... Is that something only for the overhaul or is it possible to do that in the expansion as well? If it is I would like to have that as a thing in the overhaul even if I have to do so on my end personally. If so please let me know where I can find the code for it so I may apply it in the expansion unless you have it as a mod somewhere else to get. Thanks and great work. Just find the overhaul a bit overly complicated for me just returning to the game after a long break so switched to the expansion till i get used to it.

Hello,

Ever since I installed Valmod, which is really great so far, I have one problem.

Even with a quality 600 steel pickaxe, full 5 perks of miner 69er, and full mining tools skills... I can not "one tap" the rocks that I am trying to tunnel through. In a Vanilla game, I was able to one tap them by the time I maxed out those skills. Is there a way to make it so I can do this again?

Thanks.

Valmar, I like the bodybags that drop on zombie kills in the overhaul but noticed they do not happen in the expansion... Is that something only for the overhaul or is it possible to do that in the expansion as well? If it is I would like to have that as a thing in the overhaul even if I have to do so on my end personally. If so please let me know where I can find the code for it so I may apply it in the expansion unless you have it as a mod somewhere else to get. Thanks and great work. Just find the overhaul a bit overly complicated for me just returning to the game after a long break so switched to the expansion till i get used to it.

There's a bag drop version of the entityclasses.xml in the data/config folder, just rename the normal one to something then rename the - bag drop one to the regular name.

There's a bag drop version of the entityclasses.xml in the data/config folder, just rename the normal one to something then rename the - bag drop one to the regular name.

Thanks, sorry for late response, I found it and managed to make the change. Much appreciated on that.

Hello,

Ever since I installed Valmod, which is really great so far, I have one problem.

Even with a quality 600 steel pickaxe, full 5 perks of miner 69er, and full mining tools skills... I can not "one tap" the rocks that I am trying to tunnel through. In a Vanilla game, I was able to one tap them by the time I maxed out those skills. Is there a way to make it so I can do this again?

Thanks.

That is intentional. Though I might adjust it back to vanilla in future updates.

To do so now edit the item in the items.xml to be back to its vanilla state.

<item id="114" name="pickaxeSteel">

<property name="Extends" value="pickaxeIron" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Tools/pickaxe_steelPrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="4" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="forgedSteel" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Delay" value="1.5" />

<property name="Stamina_usage" value="5" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="4" />

<property name="ToolCategory.MyCatStone" value="0.5" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps" />

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="6,20" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="60,145" /> <!-- up to x4 from skills -->

<property name="DegradationMax" value="500,1400" />

</property>

</item>

Great Mod ! Any chance you could add Copper and Zinc for Brass like around lead amount or whatever you think is fair.? Also could lower the count on Oil Shale we have so much oil shale its crazy.

Not very likely. I could add just brass ore to the game as a means of harvesting scrap brass. But then people would complain that there is no zinc. So neither get added. Its not that it can't be done. I just find it practical as it takes too much work in my eyes to get that all working. I don't see the worth in it.

I will look at the shale.

Valmar, I hate to do this, but I wonder if you could try to help with a tech support problem. It's actually working great for me, but one of the player's on the server is having a curious set of problems. Maybe you've seen this combination:

- He assures me he's installed expansion (not overhaul) which is what the server is running

- The problem: Leather and Iron armor recipes have the 'student' icon next to them, which I'd expect from vanilla. I don't have that icon at all. This seems to be blocking him (clientside?) from performing those recipes. He also insists he's read the schematics for these things.

- He doesn't jhave an icon next to wood frames I'm told (Which I assumed would be the 'tell', if present, that he was running overhaul accidentally)

- He is able (I dunno if this comes from server or what) to craft recipes unique to valmod

- I can see from a screenshot of his that he has the toolbelt etc, from Valmod, so it seems like he must have installed things correctly/in the right places(?)

- He sees those icons for iron/leather armor in a local singleplayer game as well (I wasn't sure if there was some small chance his character on the server was in a weird or corrupt state)

Hello Valmar,

I want back to your mod, but i want make Valmod pack with CHS zombies. What files i must copy from CHS to Valmod?

You might like this then:

https://github.com/LordValmar/Valmod-HORDE-EDITION/archive/master.zip

Valmar, I hate to do this, but I wonder if you could try to help with a tech support problem. It's actually working great for me, but one of the player's on the server is having a curious set of problems. Maybe you've seen this combination:

- He assures me he's installed expansion (not overhaul) which is what the server is running

- The problem: Leather and Iron armor recipes have the 'student' icon next to them, which I'd expect from vanilla. I don't have that icon at all. This seems to be blocking him (clientside?) from performing those recipes. He also insists he's read the schematics for these things.

- He doesn't jhave an icon next to wood frames I'm told (Which I assumed would be the 'tell', if present, that he was running overhaul accidentally)

- He is able (I dunno if this comes from server or what) to craft recipes unique to valmod

- I can see from a screenshot of his that he has the toolbelt etc, from Valmod, so it seems like he must have installed things correctly/in the right places(?)

- He sees those icons for iron/leather armor in a local singleplayer game as well (I wasn't sure if there was some small chance his character on the server was in a weird or corrupt state)

Does he have the perk for those recipes unlocked? Its odd that YOU don't have the icon next to the recipe. Is yours a book instead of the little student icon?

I Cant figure out the problem

I downloaded Expansion pack from : http://www.mediafire.com/download/9e3u7kmrgfeqc6t/ValmodExpansionPack.zip

Ive read the iron and leather armor pieces atleast a few times each.. but it shows this:

http://imgur.com/a/I1eGi

Why is it greyed out?? Ive reinstalled 7dtd, and the mod. same thing.. my friend also.. same server..

You might like this then:

Does he have the perk for those recipes unlocked? Its odd that YOU don't have the icon next to the recipe. Is yours a book instead of the little student icon?

Curious. No, I have no icon for those. (But the behavior is correct - I can craft things that I have read books for previously etc).

Maybe *my* install (despite working okay) is in a weird state, because I had overhaul before the recent update (the one that made it so survivor pages became skill points) and then upgraded. So maybe my point of comparison is weird.

But seeker619 (who posted above) was the person who I was posting on behalf of.

What version is the server using? Make sure everything is up to date. There was a problem a while back with the expansion pack progression that could be the cause.

Also again I ask do you have the perk for those recipes? You say you read the book but that doesn't really answer the question. In your progression there should be a perk for each of those. Go see if they show up and are unlocked. If you don't see them then you might need to update.

In the creative menu search for Valmod Version and you'll see what version the server is using.

What version is the server using? Make sure everything is up to date. There was a problem a while back with the expansion pack progression that could be the cause.

Also again I ask do you have the perk for those recipes? You say you read the book but that doesn't really answer the question. In your progression there should be a perk for each of those. Go see if they show up and are unlocked. If you don't see them then you might need to update.

In the creative menu search for Valmod Version and you'll see what version the server is using.

The posts Dr.Sbaitso have, is referring to my problem.

Leather tanning 1/1 (i can make leather pieces)

Leather Working 17/100 (i can make no armor pieces, it says i dont know the recipe)

In the creative menu? in game? Do you mean the crafting menu? (tab)? i see no version #.

The posts Dr.Sbaitso have, is referring to my problem.

Leather tanning 1/1 (i can make leather pieces)

Leather Working 17/100 (i can make no armor pieces, it says i dont know the recipe)

In the creative menu? in game? Do you mean the crafting menu? (tab)? i see no version #.

Odd thing, so all my leather armor pieces have turned white.. tho the student icon is greyed out still (i reached lvl 20 in leather working)

going to look for recipes

Archived