A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hello sir, many thanks for the mod, great additions, it feels really good.

But I have a little problem, sorry if it has already been reported or if it is something I am doing wrong.

I am playing with the Expansion version and seem to be unable to cook boiled meat since I added the mod.

It shows on the fire interface, when selecting the boiled meat (which is first on the list) that I am missing a bowl of water, though I have one with clear, one murky water and even botteled water, but none seem to work, am I missing something or is something not working as intended?

Also clay bowls disappear when filling a glass jar to make botteled water.

If I didn't explain clearly or if I can help, do ask.

Thanks again for this awesome mod!

You need a bowl of water as a cooking TOOL. Not as an ingredient. Think of it like a cooking pot. Put it in one of the tool slots of the campfire. It doesn't matter which. I'd put it in the beaker slot, personally.

And yes, it disappears if its used in an ingredient. Thats just how the system works, cant do anything about it.

You need a clay bowl and a bottle of water (not murky).

Click on the bowl then select "Recipes" and then bowl of water.

If you already have a bowl of water you place it in the far right slot in the fire place.

You guys do know you can fill bowls up with water just like you can with jars, right? Hold a bowl and click on some water with it to get "bowl of murky water". You can treat the bowls the same as jars.

You need a bowl of water as a cooking TOOL. Not as an ingredient. Think of it like a cooking pot. Put it in one of the tool slots of the campfire. It doesn't matter which. I'd put it in the beaker slot, personally.

And yes, it disappears if its used in an ingredient. Thats just how the system works, cant do anything about it.

Oooh ok, apologies for the waste of time, sorry -_-', and many thanks!

Oh they're there. They're just not as common as they are in vanilla. I got tired of seeing bears around me whenever I started a new game. Gets annoying.

They might be extra rare on a server though, given the nature of how animal spawns work and the many players online causing them to spawn.

I know I'm a pain in the ass hahaha

HI man thanks a lot for the help now I can play the game :D and I love it. But there's still a problem with the icons they are all blue with no reason I don't really know what am I doing wrong. I installed just as the mod said. Do you need Internet connection to play with icons? Thanks again bro. I had to create a mods folder because there was none.

DSC_0070.jpg

Hi, another thing I just noticed - Gun Safes only have about 40% of the slots they used to. Is there a way to change this back to vanilla?

Thanks.

Sure.

Loot.xml

<lootcontainer id="42" count="2,5" size="10,4"

Vanilla is 8,8

Handlebars, is it intentional to not be effected by "Misc" Crafting or by Bartering?

At the moment. I'll change it down the line.

HI man thanks a lot for the help now I can play the game :D and I love it. But there's still a problem with the icons they are all blue with no reason I don't really know what am I doing wrong. I installed just as the mod said. Do you need Internet connection to play with icons? Thanks again bro. I had to create a mods folder because there was none.

DSC_0070.jpg

In vanilla there is no mods folder, to clarify. As for your blue icons this is either caused by Mac (I believe I heard earlier that Mac doesn't support this anymore, but Im not positive) or, if you dont use a Mac, its possibly caused by a lack of memory - either vram or ram.

Either way theres nothing I can do about it.

The background image, generally, does need an internet connection to function. However you can make it show up offline by going into the Data > Config > XUi folder and using the "offline" windows.xml

That won't fix your icon problem, however, and only relates to the toolbelt background.

I get the fact you don't want classes but just so you know, if you didn't that is.

In the expansion pack it just gives you a chosen set of items and some points in related skills/perks, it won't lock you out of any recipes if that is your main concern.

I just see it as a Roleplay kind of thing, Ex: military man having heard the info of the outbreak and fled into the wilderness after all hell broke loose using his skills to survive and learning how to deal with scarce resources and his equipment he could carry.

expansion pack problem

hi,

i've installed the expansion pack of you, it's great work, but now i have three problems with this pack.

first is that when i kill zombies they disappear directly and i can't loot them.

second problem is that i can't place storage boxes or security chests. i can move them around and change them but not place them.

and the last one is that somethimes i can't place seeds into the ground which i have prepared with the Gardening Hoe.

as info i have continued my save game i've started without the expansion pack.

can you help me with this?

Just started a new game with your Expansion Pack and it still asked me to pick a class. I didn't want that functionality and thought it wasn't apart of the Expansion Pack.

I don't know why you thought that. I never implied it. Just throw away the class selection item and key.

In case there is confusion here:

There are NO EXCLUSIVE recipes locked behind a class in either Overhaul or Expansion. Anyone can learn anything. You don't NEED to pick a class.

I get the fact you don't want classes but just so you know, if you didn't that is.

In the expansion pack it just gives you a chosen set of items and some points in related skills/perks, it won't lock you out of any recipes if that is your main concern.

I just see it as a Roleplay kind of thing, Ex: military man having heard the info of the outbreak and fled into the wilderness after all hell broke loose using his skills to survive and learning how to deal with scarce resources and his equipment he could carry.

Yes, that.

hi,

i've installed the expansion pack of you, it's great work, but now i have three problems with this pack.

first is that when i kill zombies they disappear directly and i can't loot them.

second problem is that i can't place storage boxes or security chests. i can move them around and change them but not place them.

and the last one is that somethimes i can't place seeds into the ground which i have prepared with the Gardening Hoe.

as info i have continued my save game i've started without the expansion pack.

can you help me with this?

Zombies should stay for 300 seconds after death by default in Expansion pack. Are you sure you installed the right version and make all the necessary rewrites?

The only thing that could stop you from placing a block like that is if you're on a server in an area projected by someone elses land claim block. So if you're experiencing this in singleplayer its a game bug and nothing I can do about it. I couldn't reproduce that even if I wanted to. Its not possible to intentionally set it up that way. So it must be a bug of some sort with the game itself.

Seeds can have tricky detection sometimes. Is it a specific seed you're having issues with?

hi @Valmar im doin a quest where i need 5 survuval journal pages im not able to find them.. im on the valmod official server .. and was told by admin that they drop of mobs and located in tree stumps .. mainly in snowbiomes... however after killing over a 1000 z's and looting 100 or so stumps these pages have not appeared....the survival notes dont count towards the quest... is it an error or are they just really really REALLY rare?

Survivor Journal pages are quest challenges. You find them in the same locations you find any other challenges. Bookcases, zombies, trash. Anywhere. The item you found to start the quest is actually what you need. Its kind of like the cookbook challenge. Though you dont have to do the quest if you dont want to. Its just another way of getting a survivor combination. Those you can find on corpses (not dead zombies, actual corpses).

The survivor combination is used to unlock a survivors briefcase - which is only found in Suspicious Stumps (not normal stumps). They have no more or no less of a chance of spawning in snow biome. I'm not sure why people assume the snow biome is the best place to find them. I guess its just because they're easier to spot.

I don't know why you thought that. I never implied it. Just throw away the class selection item and key.

In case there is confusion here:

There are NO EXCLUSIVE recipes locked behind a class in either Overhaul or Expansion. Anyone can learn anything. You don't NEED to pick a class.

Yes, that.

Zombies should stay for 300 seconds after death by default in Expansion pack. Are you sure you installed the right version and make all the necessary rewrites?

The only thing that could stop you from placing a block like that is if you're on a server in an area projected by someone elses land claim block. So if you're experiencing this in singleplayer its a game bug and nothing I can do about it. I couldn't reproduce that even if I wanted to. Its not possible to intentionally set it up that way. So it must be a bug of some sort with the game itself.

Seeds can have tricky detection sometimes. Is it a specific seed you're having issues with?

i think so i followed the description i copied the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder and overwrite all.

could it be that i didn't start a new game after installing the mod?

its in single player all these problems.

no all seeds.

Heya Val!

I'm back, sorta, and have a question...I made a Cooking Pot and a Grill and can't seem to put em in my Camp Fire, what am i doing wrong? It's showing locked icons.

Admittedly I'm not up to date and missed something LOL

*edit* NVM Making a new Campfire fixed it.

Carry on! And keep up the amazing work!

Is there a way to use a different UI? Specifically this one? When I overwrite the files, you're unable to use the new stations.

There is a way, yes. Just not easily. Well, its easy... but only if you know what you need. You need my windows.xml changes that relate to workstations. Or else, as you saw, the workstations won't function.

Um. Okay new problem. Why is my level 549 pick axe with all perks not taking out stone in one hit?

It was before I installed this expansion pack.

Fixed.

Archived